Mayuri vs Urahara

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Kandy
The two R&D leaders face off

1. Straight out fight
2. Who's the better scientist/inventor?

BloodRain
We know he's capable but we havnt seen enough of Urahara to see what hes got, especially without bankai. Though i can see him still winning with only shikai.

Again Urahara doesnt show much. Mayuri is the one everyone goes to for tech and meds. That thing he made that make you experience 1 second in 100 years, pretty impressive things.

NemeBro
Based on what we have seen, Mayuri.

Speculation and hype? Urahara.

Q99
Inventions: Gigai, soul candy, the breakdown sphere itself, hueco mundo portal, the sword-manifesting doll

Vs

All the freaky biological stuff he does to himself, Nemu (who does seem to be the most advanced gigai/mod soul in existence), zanpaku-to modification, the current variants of a lot of the above that Urahara did for other Shinigami's use.

Combat-wise, I think it's pretty much a given that if a captain can avoid or counteract Mayuri's cheats, they win. Urahara is likely able to do that. We know he can go HtH with Yoruichi fairly well and he came from a combat squad.

draxx_tOfU
1. Urahara...

2. Mayuri...

Evilbigfoot
Over all aptitude?--Mayuri

Combat skills?--Urahara

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Based on what we have seen, Mayuri.

Speculation and hype? Urahara.

In addition to that, Mayuri is more geared towards being prepared before battle, whereas Urahara comes up with strats on the spot.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
In addition to that, Mayuri is more geared towards being prepared before battle, whereas Urahara comes up with strats on the spot. And we know that based on........ What?

Urahara, other than a flashback where he had no time to prepare and which he didn't do much in, has never been in a real fight.

King Kandy
He fought with Yammy and beat him easily remember.

NemeBro
Ah, true enough I suppose. Forgot that.

BloodRain
How powerful was Yammy then compared to others? I cant remember his fights before going 0th on us.

Q99
Originally posted by BloodRain
How powerful was Yammy then compared to others? I cant remember his fights before going 0th on us.

He had a fair amount of reiatsu, but pure brawn, no special abilities or finesse. Ichigo cut off his arm just with bankai, Urahara was able to shut down his cero and bala totally, and Yoruichi roughed him up too.

Though he was tough enough Yoruichi got bruises just from beating the crap out of him, and did break some of Toshiro's shikai's ice, so it does require a fair amount of chakra/and or tightly focused chakra to hurt him. His cero did seem fairly powerful too.

If he actually got into hand to hand, I could see him beating 8 or 9, but those two are more versatile, 8 could avoid him with speed or eye-blast him, 9 is more skillful when just copying Kaien, and with release is probably stronger/possesses more firepower.

Also by eaten a lot, even his non-released state can be stronger.

King Kandy
He was mediocre. He beat up Chad and Orihime (but this was before they trained w/ Urahara), did respectably against Bankai Ichigo, but on the other hand Urahara and Yoruichi beat him solidly, and then later Urahara alone did it even worse. Then Uryu humiliated him (had stupid prep for that encounter though) one on one.

BloodRain
So Ichigo<Urahara at that point in the series...? O.o

Q99
Well, yea. Urahara was a full captain, and Ichigo at that point could only take on a captain when really focused and giving it his all.

NemeBro
Urahara is, as I said, implied to be very strong, above the norm for most captains.

Not Aizen or Yamamoto level, but still.

King Kandy
Originally posted by BloodRain
So Ichigo<Urahara at that point in the series...? O.o
I don't think we can even say for sure if Ichigo's above Urahara now. After all Urahara only used his Shikai to pwn Yammy.

Q99
Urahara is, as I said, implied to be very strong, above the norm for most captains.

Not Aizen or Yamamoto level, but still.

I'd guess around Shinji level.

Slaanesh
1. Urahara

2. Urahara..he created the Hogyoku..that is more impressive than anything Mayuri ever created..

danteiscool
definitely Urahara. seems much more knowedgable and has better combat skills.

dadudemon
Originally posted by danteiscool
definitely Urahara. seems much more knowedgable and has better combat skills.

And we know skills are used to attract women. Like nunchucking skills, etc.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Slaanesh
2. Urahara..he created the Hogyoku..that is more impressive than anything Mayuri ever created..

Mayuri created a 'living' being, Nemu no expression. To me, that's more impressive than a stone that can dissolve spiritual boundaries.
Granted, I still think Urahara is the better inventor.

And we know that based on........ What?

Urahara, other than a flashback where he had no time to prepare and which he didn't do much in, has never been in a real fight.

Urahara relied on a strat he came up with on the go in his fight with Yammy, as opposed to brute power or prepping before hand. Not saying he can't prep though.

As for Mayuri, his fight against Syazel speaks my case about prep being his weapon.

Originally posted by dadudemon
And we know skills are used to attract women. Like nunchucking skills, etc.

He's got mad skillz yo'.

He attracted someone as hot as Yuroichi.

Slaanesh
Mayuri created a 'living' being, Nemu no expression.To me, that's more impressive than a stone that can dissolve spiritual boundaries.

i don't think that is impressive at all..they just need a gigai and an artificial soul..what so impressive about that..

King Kandy
Plus Mayuri learned how to make mod souls/gigai from Urahara and his research in the first place.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by King Kandy
Plus Mayuri learned how to make mod souls/gigai from Urahara and his research in the first place.

And expanded on the concept in a way Urahara never did. Granted Urahara prolly could have, but the feat is still Mayuri's.

i don't think that is impressive at all..they just need a gigai and an artificial soul..what so impressive about that..

Wonder why Urahara never did that then, if it was so easy to create something that could mirror 'live' beings so perfectly on its own.
Besides, even if she is a gigai + modsoul, she isn't a normal one, given the stuff she has gone through.

Gigais are also physical beings, Nemu seems to be a spiritual being.

Slaanesh
Aizen..the main villain is more interested in Urahara creation..he doesn't even care about Nemu..enough said..

wakkawakkawakka
I want to say that Urahara wins both scenarios but Mayuri does have all of his hax inventions. How else would he be able to beat Szayel? I can say that Urahara does have better fighting skills from what we've seen but I think Mayuri can only be killed by a head-shot according to his fight with Uryu.

Urahara also made a portal that converted humans to reishi so they could enter Soul Society without actually passing on. I think that's a pretty rad invention. He also was able to open the way in to Hueco Mundo before Mayuri so that's another one.

Demonic Phoenix
Aizen..the main villain is more interested in Urahara creation..he doesn't even care about Nemu..enough said..

Aizen, the main villain, is also the dude who was only interested in having a male as his lieutenant and two males as his companions. Enough said.

Q99

He's got mad skillz yo'.

He attracted someone as hot as Yuroichi.

There is some evidence that they're simply best friends.

In one of the Q&As, he said he's seen her 'more than naked,' and she got annoyed and seemed to imply he was making things up. Which is sorta odd if they were in a relationship.

dadudemon
Mayuri created a 'living' being, Nemu no expression. To me, that's more impressive than a stone that can dissolve spiritual boundaries.

Even though you're not really arguing against Urahara, I'd like to point out that Mayuri just improved on an existing design. Urahara not only created something completely new, no one had prior knowledge of such an item. It terms of usefullness and power, the crystal is a far better discovery. Urahara was the head of R&D until he had to leave, for a reason.

Demonic Phoenix
Even though you're not really arguing against Urahara, I'd like to point out that Mayuri just improved on an existing design. Urahara not only created something completely new, no one had prior knowledge of such an item. It terms of usefullness and power, the crystal is a far better discovery. Urahara was the head of R&D until he had to leave, for a reason.

Most of our knowledge in Science, Math etc. is what it is today because of improvement. Would Newton have realized that the motion of objects on Earth follow Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion, had Kepler not come up with said laws? This is a really old example, but you get my point.

Like you said, I'm not against Urahara, I do think he's better than Mayuri.

It's just that in my view, creating something that can mimic a 'living' being on its own perfectly and even better in some cases (resistance etc.) is far more impressive than a stone that can give someone extra power.

King Kandy
I don't think Urahara invented Gigai, just the special gigais he's used. He did invent soul candy/mod soul though, and of course Hogyoku.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
In one of the Q&As, he said he's seen her 'more than naked,' and she got annoyed and seemed to imply he was making things up.

Of course he's making things up. You think he has x-ray vision now?

Also, I was joking about Yuroichi & Kisuke. They most likely think of each other as siblings.

WINcest

dadudemon
Originally posted by King Kandy
I don't think Urahara invented Gigai, just the special gigais he's used. He did invent soul candy/mod soul though, and of course Hogyoku.

I was only referring to the crystal.

Of course he's making things up. You think he has x-ray vision now?

Also, I was joking about Yuroichi & Kisuke. They most likely think of each other as siblings.

WINcest

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.