Comics relationships

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Which relationships would you like to see? Which existing ships do you wish never happened?

My pick is Batman/Wonder Woman.

As for the one I wish never happened: Black Panther/Storm. sick

WhiteWitchKing
Gorgon and Viper

Never happened: Jean and Scott

Martian_mind
Magog and Powergirl.

Their UST is off the charts, and far more amusing then most comic relationships.

TheTyrant
Snaper Carr and Cheetah.
Thor and Enchantress.

SamZED
Favorite: Beast Boy/Raven of the teen titans.

Wish never happened: Osborn n Gwen. Not really a relationship, but I wish this never happened. Seriously. The writers wanted to say "look its good we killed her off and its great that Peter is with MJ, because it turnes out that Gwen was a *****!" Also, Batman and Joker can be arch enemies without Joker sleeping with Batman's girlfriend. Why cant Osborn and Parker?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Snaper Carr and Cheetah.
Thor and Enchantress.
Totally agree about Snapper/Cheetah. It'd be a great way to humanize Cheetah by giving her someone to protect and a great way to actually make Snapper relevant.

The Nuul
Blob and Big Bertha.

jalek moye
Iron Fist and Psylocke

wish never happened: Storm and Black Panther

Galan007
A relationship I'd like to see: Powergirl/Supergirl. droolio

A relationship I wish never would have happened: Apollo/Midnighter. sick

A relationship I wish would've panned out: Vril Dox/Stealth... For some reason Vril didn't really care for her after she raped him. none

Philosophía
Bruce/Zatanna
Bruce Cassandra Cain.
ha-som
Hey, she's like 20.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
A relationship I'd like to see: Powergirl/Supergirl. droolio

Hmm...psychological incest/selfcest=win for you too? Great minds really do think alike. cool

jalek moye
wolverine/X-23

WickedDynamite
Kendra and Roy in Justice League of America was interesting for a short while.

Relationship that shouldn't have happen was with Talia and Bruce. Only Diarrhea....errr...sorry I meant Damian came out of there.

willRules
Paul Dini started to develop a relationship between Zatanna and Bruce which was awesome, but then Bruce went and died. I'd like to see that resurface with his return.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by willRules
Paul Dini started to develop a relationship between Zatanna and Bruce which was awesome, but then Bruce went and died. I'd like to see that resurface with his return.
I respectfully disagree. Wonder Woman/Batman has much more potential.

The Nuul
Atom and Wasp.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I respectfully disagree. Wonder Woman/Batman has much more potential.

based on what? i'm not being snarky, as i'm genuinely curious.

For me the only woman that's ever going to be what Bruce needs is Selina. I don't think Diana would ever truly be able to be a part of Bruce's world, and the same goes for him in hers.

Plus, Batman 355.

Badabing
I respectfully disagree. Wonder Woman/Batman has much more potential. thumb upOriginally posted by -Pr-

For me the only woman that's ever going to be what Bruce needs is Selina. I don't think Diana would ever truly be able to be a part of Bruce's world, and the same goes for him in hers.

Plus, Batman 355. Common sense. dur

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
thumb up Common sense. dur

greg rucka must love you guys.

Trackz
Originally posted by jalek moye
wolverine/X-23 hahah he's 200 and shes like, what, 19???

jalek moye
Originally posted by Trackz
hahah he's 200 and shes like, what, 19???
16 actually

basilisk
Batman and Wonder Woman & Zatanna.

The Nuul
Aunt May and Alfred.

Entity
wolverine/X-23 Ya know she's basically his daughter so thats REALLY REALLY sick! sick

Nightwing/Starfire - Make it official already and jus tie the knot! lol
Also love the Connor/Cassie relationship, adding amazonian power to the Luther/El gene pool!

Quesada/Marvel - Worst comic relationship EVER! mad
He ass rapped Spiderman's character and history and told fans everywhere Gwen was a whore! mad

The Nuul
Originally posted by Entity
Ya know she's basically his daughter so thats REALLY REALLY sick! sick

Fine...will Daken and X-23 be any better?

Entity
Originally posted by The Nuul
Fine...will Daken and X-23 be any better? Oh yea brother n sister love! Thats hot! roll eyes (sarcastic)

sick

Warlord
Aunt May and Alfred.

epic...
they can apear in "Avengers: elderly academy"

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -Pr-

Plus, Batman 355.
There's just something magical about the idea of a normal man (Batman) rising to fight crime and eventually kill Gods (Darkseid) and then banging a demi-goddess. To put it less viscerally I love the idea of their contrast, Diana: a bright beacon of truth and justice and Batman: the shadow that haunts criminals and evil-doers everywhere. I've read an analysis of their relationship in the DCAU which posited that Diana might see Batman as a modern Odysseus, a normal man who using his wits and nerve can overcome any obstacle. Batman might see in Diana something he doesn't seem to possess: unbridled hope and optimism and trust. Really the same traits that make him and Superman unlikely friends would make him and Wonder Woman a superpowered 'they'll never work out' couple.

Aunt May and Alfred.
Totally agree. Especially given how cool it would be for Peter to have someone to sort of fill the void Uncle Ben left as his father-figure. The next time they make a Spider-Man-Batman crossover that better happen.

willRules
There's just something magical about the idea of a normal man (Batman) rising to fight crime and eventually kill Gods (Darkseid) and then banging a demi-goddess. To put it less viscerally I love the idea of their contrast, Diana: a bright beacon of truth and justice and Batman: the shadow that haunts criminals and evil-doers everywhere. I've read an analysis of their relationship in the DCAU which posited that Diana might see Batman as a modern Odysseus, a normal man who using his wits and nerve can overcome any obstacle. Batman might see in Diana something he doesn't seem to possess: unbridled hope and optimism and trust. Really the same traits that make him and Superman unlikely friends would make him and Wonder Woman a superpowered 'they'll never work out' couple.

Don't get me wrong, I also think a Bruce/Diana relationship would be incredibly interesting. My preference for the Bruce/Zatanna relationship was due to the fact that Batman is a creature of science and Zatanna a real life magician.

Although, like you say, I also love the man and myth combo of Batman and Wonder Woman....

I just generally think Batman needs a proper and interesting super powered relationship yes

Omega Vision
Originally posted by willRules
Don't get me wrong, I also think a Bruce/Diana relationship would be incredibly interesting. My preference for the Bruce/Zatanna relationship was due to the fact that Batman is a creature of science and Zatanna a real life magician.

Although, like you say, I also love the man and myth combo of Batman and Wonder Woman....

I just generally think Batman needs a proper and interesting super powered relationship yes
Catwoman was certainly interesting for a while but its gotten played out and Talia/Bruce was good until Talia became a regular chip off the old R'as.

galactusischere
Spiderman/Black Cat, Enchantress/Thor and Nightwing/Starfire = good.
Phoenix/Cyclops = horrible.

Bouboumaster

He ass rapped Spiderman's character and history and told fans everywhere Gwen was a whore! mad

That

-Pr-

i honestly see where you're coming from, but i have to disagree.

i know that they say that opposites can attract, but it's not exactly easy to maintain that kind of relationship, and i don't think bruce and diana would be able to.

re: what you said about selina, i don't agree. i think she'll always be what he needs, even if she might not be what he wants. Remember, this is the woman he chose over the JLA.

SamZED
Ultimate Spider-man/Ultimate Spider-woman? Wouldnt that be like masturbation?

He ass rapped Spiderman's character and history and told fans everywhere Gwen was a whore! mad QFT
Not to mention screwed up Spider-man's continuity. First Gwen, now he's also trying to make Mary Jane who was always supprtive of Peter seem like an annoying b1tch in flashback.

jalek moye
Oh yea brother n sister love! Thats hot! roll eyes (sarcastic)

sick

hey at times it is big grin

Warlord
Scarlet Witch - Sentry...oh the craziness...

SamZED
^ lol Does Void's presence count as threesome?

Warlord
Well Wanda can effortlessly create others to join the party too wink

Alpha Centauri
The one I want to see? I don't really know, since I don't look for that element in my comics.

I kinda wish Jean/Scott never happened because it just caused so many stories and set-pieces that made me dislike them.

Oh please. Get over the Quesada hate, man.

Spider-Man revealing his identity was one of the pivotal moments in Civil War that made it, in my opinion, great and weighty. There was no way out of that BESIDES the Mephisto deus ex machina, and that's a shame because that sucked.

His issues surrounding one character do not mean he's the devil. Seriously. It doesn't.

-AC

SuperiorTech

thumb up

Omega Vision
i honestly see where you're coming from, but i have to disagree.

i know that they say that opposites can attract, but it's not exactly easy to maintain that kind of relationship, and i don't think bruce and diana would be able to.

re: what you said about selina, i don't agree. i think she'll always be what he needs, even if she might not be what he wants. Remember, this is the woman he chose over the JLA.
Unfortunately the Catwoman dynamic really only works if she's a criminal. As Neil Gaiman brilliantly wrote: "If I went straight you'd never pay any attention to me."
We already saw what happens if Catwoman and Bruce get together from their Earth 2 counterparts: Catwoman becomes old and boring.

-Pr-
Unfortunately the Catwoman dynamic really only works if she's a criminal. As Neil Gaiman brilliantly wrote: "If I went straight you'd never pay any attention to me."
We already saw what happens if Catwoman and Bruce get together from their Earth 2 counterparts: Catwoman becomes old and boring.

laughing out loud

again, i disagree.

Omega Vision
laughing out loud

again, i disagree.
Well I guess we're just a pair of Saxes then.

I call North-going Sax!

Kento
Babs/Dick, Bruce/Selina those are ones that I like.

Starfire and Nightwing is one I wish never happened.

aztec
I've read some of your other posts, and actually considered you one of the better posters. But, after reading this....

My pick is Batman/Wonder Woman.

I've lost complete respect for you. sad

If this were to happen, Diana would be Batgods b*tch. I'm against this idea, I hate what they did in Blackest Night. Diana is meant for Clark!!

As for the question itself. I wished Black Canary would leave Green Arrow and find a real man. My choice would be Deadshot. shifty..
But, then again i'm saying this because i'm a huge fanboy of both. big grin

Other couples I wished would get back together include Donna Troy and Kyle Rayner. Imo, they were perfect for each other. And if Donna can't get with Kyle, then I would like to see her with Tempest.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by aztec
I've read some of your other posts, and actually considered you one of the better posters. But, after reading this....

I've lost complete respect for you. sad

If this were to happen, Diana would be Batgods b*tch. I'm against this idea, I hate what they did in Blackest Night. Diana is meant for Clark!!

Written well that wouldn't be the case at all with the relationship. In fact Diana is the one woman who would be guaranteed to tell Batman to stuff it if he got over-protective with her.

As for Clark/Diana that's a relationship that's so obvious that its boring, incredibly boring. Superboring. Clark is married to Lois and its good that he has a human wife, someone who provides grounding for him and reminds him that at heart he's more human than Kryptonian. Not saying Lois/Clark is particularly interesting either but at least it works. Superman lost his chance with Wonder Woman when he passed up the chance to be with her when they were stuck for a thousand years.

Superman is one of my favorite heroes but I can say with full certainty that he isn't man enough for Wonder Woman. Batman is the one person on Earth who could prove a compelling match while at the same time be able to rein her in a little. And the converse is true for WW as I said above. They're both very strong people with indomitable wills who have their own ideas about doing what it takes to get the job done. They'd balance each other out, Batman would remind Wonder Woman she isn't on Themiyscara anymore while Wonder Woman could help Batman deal with his trust problems with regards to his close friends and allies.

aztec
Written well that wouldn't be the case at all with the relationship. In fact Diana is the one woman who would be guaranteed to tell Batman to stuff it if he got over-protective with her.

As for Clark/Diana that's a relationship that's so obvious that its boring, incredibly boring. Superboring. Clark is married to Lois and its good that he has a human wife, someone who provides grounding for him and reminds him that at heart he's more human than Kryptonian. Not saying Lois/Clark is particularly interesting either but at least it works. Superman lost his chance with Wonder Woman when he passed up the chance to be with her when they were stuck for a thousand years.

Superman is one of my favorite heroes but I can say with full certainty that he isn't man enough for Wonder Woman. Batman is the one person on Earth who could prove a compelling match while at the same time be able to rein her in a little. And the converse is true for WW as I said above. They're both very strong people with indomitable wills who have their own ideas about doing what it takes to get the job done. They'd balance each other out, Batman would remind Wonder Woman she isn't on Themiyscara anymore while Wonder Woman could help Batman deal with his trust problems with regards to his close friends and allies.

I can't see Diana and Bruce together. They have nothing in common. Sure, theirs physical tension between them, but thats about it. Bruce is traumatized for life, and I don't want Diana to put up with his bull. They are meant for each other.

As for Diana and Clark, the following link will explaining why their meant for each other. Dc needs to get rid of Louise, then everything will be perfect. big grin

If you follow the link read Wonder Woman 141, its a very emotional moment for Diana.

http://www.matchingcolors.capesandtights.com/gallery.htm

JakeTheBank
I'm going to rock the boat and say Diana with either Bruce or Clark is something I don't want to see. It's been hinted at, alluded to, and made reality too many times for it maintain any sense of interest to me anymore. Though it was short lived, I did like the relationship Diana and Tom Tresser/Nemesis had. It was interesting to see a spy (someone who lies for a living) fall for a demi-goddess/avatar of truth.

Martian_mind
Nemesis and Wonder Woman was awesome.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by aztec
I can't see Diana and Bruce together. They have nothing in common. Sure, theirs physical tension between them, but thats about it. Bruce is traumatized for life, and I don't want Diana to put up with his bull. They are meant for each other.

As for Diana and Clark, the following link will explaining why their meant for each other. Dc needs to get rid of Louise, then everything will be perfect. big grin

If you follow the link read Wonder Woman 141, its a very emotional moment for Diana.

http://www.matchingcolors.capesandtights.com/gallery.htm
Diana and Bruce have a lot in common. Did you not even read my post? They're both warriors to their core, people who'll never give up and do almost anything to get the job done. Superman meanwhile is something of a softy. Diana is too much woman for him. Every time a strong super-babe comes along Superman ruins any possible relationship. Bruce on the other hand has a good track record with super-babes.

Original Smurph
Meh. I feel like either of those combinations involve characters that are far too central. A lot of the reason that I appreciate Selina Kyle more than Diana for Bruce is because she's more a part of Bruce's solo life, and something that's kept separate from the League and so on.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Meh. I feel like either of those combinations involve characters that are far too central. A lot of the reason that I appreciate Selina Kyle more than Diana for Bruce is because she's more a part of Bruce's solo life, and something that's kept separate from the League and so on.
I see where you're coming from and I don't really want them to be permanently entangled but its something I would like to see pursued in depth over the course of at least one full storyline.

Kazenji
Deadpool/Domino

Omega Vision
She-Hulk/Big Barda ha-som

Konton
Would ike to see: Bruce/Zatanna
Liked to see: Scott/Emma
Hated to see:

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/dan/husbands/reed2.jpg

jalek moye
Spider-man/Susan Storm

Allankles
Diana and Bruce have a lot in common. Did you not even read my post? They're both warriors to their core, people who'll never give up and do almost anything to get the job done. Superman meanwhile is something of a softy. Diana is too much woman for him. Every time a strong super-babe comes along Superman ruins any possible relationship. Bruce on the other hand has a good track record with super-babes.

WW Supes has always been there because she's more suited to Supes than Lois. It's more fun writing WW-Supes than Lois-Supes. As far as Supes being a softy, isn't that part of the reason Supes-WW works?

Diana is an unabashed tough girl, while Supes is a bit of a teddy bear who only takes a hard line when he needs to, makes them click.

Bats-WW is interesting on paper but a lot harder to execute without the pitfalls we saw with their Justice League animated relationship. I think Bats is somewhat too prideful to completely mesh with Diana.

SamZED
Spider-man/Susan Storm thumb up Spider-man asked her out a couple of times.

Spider-man/Ms. Marvel maybe? lol at them having a dinner in that restaurant.

Damn you people, nobody else here likes Beast Boy/Raven?

jalek moye
Originally posted by SamZED
thumb up Spider-man asked her out a couple of times.

well then she needs to say yes and leave that bum Reed

WhiteWitchKing
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/30099/655503-108009_57149_power_girl_super_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/49344/1092757-hercules_thumbs_up_super.jpg

Omega Vision
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/30099/655503-108009_57149_power_girl_super_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/49344/1092757-hercules_thumbs_up_super.jpg
laughing out loud

Power Girl/Herc would be a fun one indeed.

The Nuul
In a non homo way

But Deadpool and Krypto would be fun.

Omega Vision
In a non homo way

But Deadpool and Krypto would be fun.
Also very, very strange.

SamZED
Green Goblin/Harely Quin. Been watching too many Itsjustsomerandomguy videos...

roughrider
I got a really funny feeling, finally reading that Hulk/Thundra fight from 'Hulk:Raging Thunder' two years ago...

How could I never have thought, what a perfect couple the two could be? It's so obvious!

Thundra loves violence & combat more than any other heroic female in Marvel. And to see she didn't really come to challenge the Hulk, but to have a child by him... eek!
Putting her Femizon ideals aside, we know she likes men as well, with her past relationships with Ben Grimm & Arkon. I'm sure she likes doing it rough - stick out tongue - and she could definitely outdo that She-Hulk/Juggernaut hookup from years ago.
Now, if the Hulk could just be in the frame of mind to appreciate it...

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Kazenji
Deadpool/Domino Domino seemed more suited to Wolverine than Deadpool. Less crazy. More war-hardened soldier.

Omega Vision
I think Deadpool/Anyone is almost bound to be crappy.

aztec

Yes, I've read your post. I understand your a huge Batman fan, but to be honest I Bruce and Diana doesn't seem interresting to me. Sure, Bruce is a great warrior, but, your also forgetting that Superman spent a thousand years in asgard with Wonder Woman. That has to count for something. Anyway, IMHO Clark and Diana are synonyms. Their very different, but at the same time have more incommon.

I have a question, if DC decides to pair Diana and Bruce. How would it be different from Selena, Zatanna, Talia and Jason Todd? stick out tongue
Would he be able to maintain a relationship with ther? Would he tend to her needs, feelings etc?

Just asking, because I can't see him standing behind her 100% of the time. He has issues trusting people, including Superman and Wonder Woman.

jalek moye
What we really need is some Skaar and Lyra

SamZED
I think Deadpool/Anyone is almost bound to be crappy. Harley Quin?

Omega Vision
What we really need is some Skaar and Lyra
Incest or Wincest? You decide!

On that note X-23/Daken.
Originally posted by SamZED
Harley Quin?
Maybe...she'd never abandon Mistah J though.

redhotrash
Wish would: Spider-Man and BlackCat.
Wish never did: On same note, Spider-man and MJ. Just a boring dynamic.

jalek moye
Originally posted by redhotrash
Wish would: Spider-Man and BlackCat.

they have more then once

redhotrash
And it added a much better spin on the comic than the whole "Oh no, MJ has been kidnapped again!" schtick. I say keep 'em together.

jalek moye
yay we may get ms marvel and spidey.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.