HDMI question..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

john allerdyce
When I run an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV, the video crosses over to my TV, but the audio is still played from my laptop.

Is there any way for my TV to play the video AND audio using an HDMI cable, or is that just how things work?

Bardock42
Originally posted by john allerdyce
When I run an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV, the video crosses over to my TV, but the audio is still played from my laptop.

Is there any way for my TV to play the video AND audio using an HDMI cable, or is that just how things work? It should be possible to play the sound over the HDMI cable, you'll just have to check your sound card or operating system properties and perhaps change something.

Spidervlad
That is very awkward... I would play around with the TV or Laptop settings.

The HDMI cable is supposed to be able to carry audio AND video. Thats the reason that when you connect the HDMI cable into the TV from the PS3, that connects both audio and video.

LanceWindu
It would have to be on the laptop side of things. Play around in the audio settings for it.

john allerdyce
Would any of you know how to adjust those audio settings on a Dell Inspiron (model 1464)?

Robtard
Would any of you know how to adjust those audio settings on a Dell Inspiron (model 1464)?

See if this helps, different Dell laptap, but the cat had the same problem.

john allerdyce
Originally posted by Robtard
See if this helps, different Dell laptap, but the cat had the same problem. See if what helps? confused

Robtard
See if what helps? confused
Sorry. http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/992579.html

Didn't read all the replies, but he has a similar issue to yours and he has a Dell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.