Alex Mercer vs. Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Ganondorf whips up a spell that sends Link to another dimension which is the modern era. Link is in New York City and sees destruction everywhere. He sees Alex Mercer killing citizens (who are infected by the Black Light virus). Thinking that Mercer is killing innocent people, the elf springs into action.

This is Twilight Princess Link who has the Master Sword, shield, and all other weapons and equipment from TP. You're probably wondering why I keep adding TP link, well it's because TP is the only LoZ game I played (I think).

Alex Mercer has all his powers and are fully upgraded. Please don't use that whole "he's evil so the Master Sword smites him" because the universe in Prototype is all black and white so it won't work in here.

Can the Hero of Hyrule defeat the being made of mass or will Mercer either tear Link a new one or absorb him?

MooCowofJustice
But, Mercer IS Evil.

BloodRain

Nemesis X
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
But, Mercer IS Evil.

He really isn't when you think about it. Prototype is all black and white. Also, even though Mercer was the one who caused the viral outbreak on purpose, that was his other self. Basically, with not much memory about himself and being an entirely different being, he's different and hasn't shown an evil deed while being the new him.

True he's killed innocent civilians in New York but that's only optional gameplay.

Plus, he saved New York from an atom bomb that the military was planning to drop while innocent people were still in the city.

MooCowofJustice
The entire point of the game is to kill the people responsible for infecting you. He's evil for the same reason Kratos is evil.

And this is pretty bad. Mercer threads either need a point where Mercer is defeated or a battlefield totally devoid of other life. Link can literally pound him down to a puddle in this thread, but he'll just absorb a rat or something and come back.

fascistcrusader
Even if Alex was evil the Master Sword has never made an evil being die by just being there. It couldn't even do anything more than stun Ganon in LttP and it couldn't kill him when he had a mere fraction of his power in OoT. The MS isn't very special, just wanked by the linkfags.

MooCowofJustice
So how about someone who matters make a post.

The Scenario
The Master Sword defeated Ganon in three hits at the end of OoT.

BloodRain
Well ALEX is evil, Blacklight not. Its tru that the MS isnt an auto-evil-kill blade.
Mercer has the strength to tear Link apart.

Nemesis X
The entire point of the game is to kill the people responsible for infecting you. He's evil for the same reason Kratos is evil.

And this is pretty bad. Mercer threads either need a point where Mercer is defeated or a battlefield totally devoid of other life. Link can literally pound him down to a puddle in this thread, but he'll just absorb a rat or something and come back.

Um, the people responsible for infecting him were evil. They invented the virus, they used people (that I believe were innocent) as living experiments, and kept a small town under quarantine through horrific means. Mercer killing them was justice.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Um, the people responsible for infecting him were evil. They invented the virus, they used people (that I believe were innocent) as living experiments, and kept a small town under quarantine through horrific means. Mercer killing them was justice.

I wonder what killing Evil people for revenge makes you...evil?

Do not speak of JUSTICE, you do not know it's true meaning.

Regardless of whether Alex is evil or not (he is) this thread is incredibly one sided.

BloodRain
Regardless of whether Alex is evil or not (he is) this thread is incredibly one sided.

Agreed. Mercer wins >.>

MooCowofJustice
If only because he has about 8million regenerations. Link would die before he finished beating all those out of Mercer.

Nemesis X
I wonder what killing Evil people for revenge makes you...evil?

WRONG!

Revenge on the wicked is justice. I thought you of all people would know that. You don't deserve to have the word JUSTICE in your username!

MooCowofJustice
Revenge on the wicked makes you no better than the wicked, you fool. I told you not to speak of JUSTICE when you know not its true meaning.

NemeBro
Revenge?

Killing the people he did was a favor to the human race. no expression

Most of those people were complete monsters, the virus is one of the few characters with any grasp of morality.

But dunt care about this debate, just my two cents.

BloodRain
Alex wont need to feed much to win this.

SpadeKing
I wouldn't exactly consider him evil, I mean everything that sees him is trying to kill him if they are not his sister or that random doctor. Even if he is helping rid of the infected people the military shoots on site, no questions asked.

MooCowofJustice
ScreamPaste says a Light Arrow turns Mercer into Light, eliminating his regeneration. Interesting idea is rather interesting.

BloodRain
Bad Paste, honour thy restriction. Instead of going into why that may not work... TPLink doesnt use them.

MooCowofJustice
Good point. Drat. Back to Link dying of old age before he finishes beating out all of Mercer's regenerations.

Phanteros
ScreamPaste says a Light Arrow turns Mercer into Light, eliminating his regeneration. Interesting idea is rather interesting. SP is wrong.

BloodRain
Could win without feasting.

MooCowofJustice
Well no, he wouldn't be. Mercer has pretty shit durability, his regeneration is his saving grace.

Nemesis X
Exactly how would light arrows stop him from regenerating? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Phanteros
Well no, he wouldn't be. Mercer has pretty shit durability, his regeneration is his saving grace. So able to withstand tank fire is and an base exploding is shit durability.

NemeBro
Well no, he wouldn't be. Mercer has pretty shit durability, his regeneration is his saving grace. Because surviving an explosion that destroyed a building the size of a city block is shit durability.

BloodRain
Mercer brings out his shield and blade arm to match Link and ends him.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by NemeBro
Because surviving an explosion that destroyed a building the size of a city block is shit durability.

That's regeneration. It still absolutely blew him to pieces, and had he been at ground zero completely disintegrated him.

BloodRain
No thats the nuke, he was in a builden that exploded.

MooCowofJustice
Oh. Well if he was at the top, I could shove an old BT argument in all your faces.

So did he regenerate after the building?

BloodRain
At the top? He was inside... which argument do you mean?

Nope he was just standing there, talking to himself.

NemeBro
He was inside, at the base of the building when it exploded, right near the source.

He was fine, no regeneration.

That nuke would have destroyed far more than a city block by the way. no expression

MooCowofJustice
I know, but to be honest I haven't finished Prototype, I hate it too much. I know parts of it and the ending about the Nuke. I saw explosion and jumped right to talking about the Nuke.

NemeBro
Why do you hate it?

Not the best game, but hate?

MooCowofJustice
I've played the same game twice before with a character and a story I like better. It extremely irritates me.

NemeBro
I assume you mean the Hulk game?

BloodRain
Think somewhere its said that the nuke was 4/5x the strength of the hiroshima bomb.

NemeBro
Ten times actually.

MooCowofJustice
Yes I mean the Hulk games. Hulk is win, and I'm rather sick of anti-heroism, well, outside of Cole. But inFamous seems to be different to me than the standard.

NemeBro
Anti-heroism is more interesting than your standard purity sue.

Phanteros
Yes I mean the Hulk games. Hulk is win, and I'm rather sick of anti-heroism, well, outside of Cole. But inFamous seems to be different to me than the standard. Because Good Cole fights for Justice?

MooCowofJustice
Not for me, Neme. And yes, BloodRain.

I think the story of inFamous is supposed to go all the good options until the end, when you choose the evil option. But I'm basing that on it's title.

With any luck the sequel will work with your choices from the first game.

Edit: Oh, you're not BloodRain. You're Phanteros. >_>

BloodRain
Gonna say ten but i thought i was exaggerating. So yeah, Alex took a building exploding with no damage or regen needed.

Edit: We get mixed up all the time <.<

ScreamPaste
Ohohoho! Trying to leave me out of the loop? You can't have a Link thread without ScreamPaste, kiddoes.

BloodRain, you should know much better than some of the claims you're making.

Also, it should be clarified, you don't have to kill your enemy to win, only defeat them. Link puts Mercer down once and he wins.

Phanteros
That's if he can.

ScreamPaste
With ease! 4.5 GJ is a lot more than Mercer's ever had focused on a single part of his body without damage. Link's also got the superior reaction time and fighting speed unless someone left out a feat? Not to mention being infinitely more skilled in CQC.

Phanteros
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
With ease! 4.5 GJ is a lot more than Mercer's ever had focused on a single part of his body without damage. Link's also got the superior reaction time and fighting speed unless someone left out a feat? Not to mention being infinitely more skilled in CQC. Mercer took a city block explosion and that didn't put him down.

ScreamPaste
An explosion is a spread, sir. It'd also be spread over his entire surface area wink

Phanteros
An explosion is a spread, sir. It'd also be spread over his entire surface area wink He was in the dead center of it.

ScreamPaste
It's still a spread, you'd be amazed the division of force that takes place.

BloodRain
Ohohoho! Trying to leave me out of the loop? You can't have a Link thread without ScreamPaste, kiddoes.

BloodRain, you should know much better than some of the claims you're making.

Also, it should be clarified, you don't have to kill your enemy to win, only defeat them. Link puts Mercer down once and he wins.

~,~ tried to stir things up, you caught me.

BUT Mercers durability like taking a missile to his shield arm and super high regen will make it extremely difficult to beat him.

ScreamPaste
I give Mercer that he is tough, but Link's not exactly a slouch. wink Link has the offensive advantage and Mercer has limits. Eventually he will be incapacitated until he absorbs biomass. That incapacitation is a win for Link. cool

BloodRain
As canon Alex can combine powers, Muscle mass + Hammer fist/Blade arm = Mercer standing in blood rain provided by Link

ScreamPaste
Disagreed. TP Link showed he could go toe to toe with Ganondorf's strength, Mercer is not physicly powerful by comparison. Additionally Link's superior reaction time and combat speed, not to mention skill, will inevitably win him the match.

Anything Mercer throws at Link, Link can sever.

wammamram
If only because he has about 8million regenerations. Link would die before he finished beating all those out of Mercer.

mercer would rape link..... terribily sad

ScreamPaste
Wrong. Link is much stronger, has superior reaction time and skills and a more powerful weapon.

iChaos
I could've sworn that he was an anti-hero. Hmmm, is a crow or whatever around?

ScreamPaste
Even if a crow is around, if Mercer is incapacitated to that level, he loses.

iChaos
So wait, if Alex is killing innocents, wouldn't the MS do something to him, lol?

But can he wear him down, or atleast knock him out? Unless he can stone him, or turn into ice or whatever.

ScreamPaste
All Link needs to do is disable Alex from fighting back and he is the winner because Alex was defeated, stoning is unnecessary. Also, the master sword would probably kill Mercer yes, but that's not essential, so I won't bother debating it because it doesn't need to happen for Link to win. cool

Nemesis X
Originally posted by iChaos
So wait, if Alex is killing innocents, wouldn't the MS do something to him, lol?

I keep telling you, killing innocents in Prototype is optional gameplay. The people he kills in canon are evil.

NemeBro
An explosion is a spread, sir. It'd also be spread over his entire surface area wink He was nearly at the center of the explosion, and Mercer has superior reaction-time, able to react to bullets and missiles.

Burning thought
Mercer wins with ease, fast, powerful and strong. Links not got two back bones which I think was the reason Mercer couldn consume the big infected so easily, so Link could just be absorbed.

BloodRain
MS wouldnt kill Alex, Muscle mass can literally punch you into pieces, Hammerfist and Blade arm can destroy a tank in one or two hits. Could just drop in and sneakily attack from above.

Burning thought
Alex can also use guns, so if their in New york, certainly Alex Mercers new york then he could get his hands on some but he would never need them. Alex' body is just an infected mass, slicing into it would not do much assuming Link succeeds in doing so.

Alex has some good range with his whip, it can snatch helicopters from what seems like miles away when you charge it up.

Sin_Volvagia
TP Link has nothing he can use to stop Mercer. If Link isn't impaled by a tentacle, he will be killed by a thrown car or piece of a building.

ScreamPaste
I won't argue the point, because it's not important:

Link incapacitates Mercer once for the win.

BloodRain
Ditto can be said for Alex.

ScreamPaste
Not really, the only thing Mercer really had was his regen. Now when Link tears him apart enough to render Alex incapable of fighting back, Link wins. Mercer's got hammer fist and blade arm, Link's got the ball and chain, a ridiculous rotational weapon, and his sword. He only really needs his sword though.

MooCowofJustice
I keep telling you, killing innocents in Prototype is optional gameplay. The people he kills in canon are evil.

I kept telling you that killing for revenge doesn't make you any better, regardless of whether or not it was a favor to mankind.

BloodRain
Muscle mass + one of those can take Link on. One hit without Mmass can destroy an tank, not to mention hes faster.

ScreamPaste
Mercer attacks, Link severs his limb, repeat until Mercer is out of mass.

BloodRain
Care to got any further into that? Or how Mercer wont just kill Link.

ScreamPaste
Link is stronger, and the superior combatant. Mercer's durability isn't enough to stop Link cutting through him. Since Mercer's weapons are mostly made of, y'know, Mercer, I say he's doomed.

Burning thought
Whip lash ftw from miles away, or just thrown car. This was spite outside of a city, but youve given him a whole city.

BloodRain
Un-enhanced Link is a 50tonner :/

ScreamPaste
1. Bullshit.
2. This is TP Link.

Burning thought
I agree with Scream, I doubt he is at 50 tonnes, not that its relevant. Mercer can walk up and down buildings, jump across the city in seconds, Link would never know where he is coming from, or indeed where the next car/tank he throws is coming from.

MooCowofJustice
Seriously guys. Mercer is fast, but not fast enough. His durability isn't good enough. Link can beat him into a puddle. Mercer can still regenerate, but I guess by KMC rules incapacitation is a win.

Burning thought
Seriously guys. Mercer is fast, but not fast enough. His durability isn't good enough. Link can beat him into a puddle. Mercer can still regenerate, but I guess by KMC rules incapacitation is a win.

Links not going to hit him if Mercer does not want it. He can jump half way up a skyscraper in one leap at the highest jump level.

And its not incapacitation if Mercer can easily regenerate.

MooCowofJustice
Not sure if I want to breach ignore and read that post.

BloodRain
Un-enhanced OoTLink feat was pushing a 95ton block, lifting strength is below this. Maybe more then 50 but not 95.
No way is TPLink=OoTLink with Golden Guantlets no expression

ScreamPaste
Tell that to Ganon. TP Link is as strong or stronger than OoT Link with the golden gauntlets.

MooCowofJustice
TP Link would actually be better, as it sword locked with Ganondorf and won.

BloodRain
And when has Ganon shown he's stronger then the golden gauntlets.

ScreamPaste
Disarmed Link in OoT

Burning thought
He gave a fairly glancing strike that sent the sword a few meters away. Its certain not thousands of tonnes of PSI hit it thats for sure.

BloodRain
Never seen this cutscene, someone post it?

ScreamPaste
_BAQ2eWyDps
Link raises his sword to block a little after 0:30, Ganon knocks it clean out of his hands.

BloodRain
Ganons feats arnt all the same as Dorfs feats. Like TPBeast being stunned by simple means when the same cant be applied to TPDorf.
Also, Link didnt have the GGauntles on, nor does that necessarily mean (even it he had them on) that Ganons strength is GGauntlet levels.

ScreamPaste
Ganon's all one character, and yes, Link had the golden gauntlets on, you cannot get to the final fight without them, and Ganon disarmed him.

Burning thought
That vid proves Link does not necesserily canonically have the gauntlets against Ganon even if the rest of your claim made sense.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Burning thought
That vid proves Link does not necesserily canonically have the gauntlets against Ganon even if the rest of your claim made sense.

Nah, just proves the guy who made it hacked or exploited. If Link isn't wearing the GG's in that video, the dude cheated.

BloodRain
So Ganondorf can be stunned by normal arrows and being thrown to the ground? In some videos he has them on, others he doesnt. Optional choice that doesnt effect this battle or any other. As someone pointed out to me the gauntlets are only used in lifting the pillars, shown as his attacks arnt stronger when he has them on.

ScreamPaste
The stun is a game mechanic to allow you striking time, that much should be obvious when a moment later he tanks a castle busting.

Oh great, this crap again, this has been disproven over and over again. The gauntlets are not optional, you cannot beat the game without them, period. Unless you cheat. (Non canon!)

Now, then, onto your argument from gameplay mechanics. Link with the silver gauntlets can lift and throw large boulders, with no marking! just random boulders. He still only throws pots and jars a limited distance. When you get the GG, he has the exact same animation for everything he already did, but now he throws massive pillars farther and faster than he throws boulders and pots. HM! Odd. mmm Oh, and the in game description states they give him strength.

Essentially; gameplay mechanics, won't fly.

Burning thought

Now, then, onto your argument from gameplay mechanics. Link with the silver gauntlets can lift and throw large boulders, with no marking! just random boulders. He still only throws pots and jars a limited distance. When you get the GG, he has the exact same animation for everything he already did, but now he throws massive pillars farther and faster than he throws boulders and pots. HM! Odd. mmm Oh, and the in game description states they give him strength.

So the game does not take physics seriously and the calculation of physics is redundant in a game that does not actually take the physics into account? I see....

ScreamPaste
Actually, Zelda physics makes more sense than most games. Atleast they make Link anchor himself, where as Kratos and War get to defy this law of physics.

Speaking of, hey, noticed how Kratos and War don't send their enemies flyign all over the screen all day, and yet have super strength? HM! I smell a coincidence. Could it be: Gameplay is not representative of a character's true strength?

Burning thought
Actually, Zelda physics makes more sense than most games. Atleast they make Link anchor himself, where as Kratos and War get to defy this law of physics.

Speaking of, hey, noticed how Kratos and War don't send their enemies flyign all over the screen all day, and yet have super strength? HM! I smell a coincidence. Could it be: Gameplay is not representative of a character's true strength?

Depends what your trying to gauge, tbh Kratos and War only have a moderate amount of strength and they "can" launch their enemies. They also use blade weapons, slicing someone is not going to send them flying like a blunter force like a punch.

BloodRain
The stun is a game mechanic to allow you striking time, that much should be obvious when a moment later he tanks a castle busting.

Ganon stunned by those means, dark flaming head in the blast. Three different forms.

Oh great, this crap again, this has been disproven over and over again. The gauntlets are not optional, you cannot beat the game without them, period. Unless you cheat. (Non canon!)

Essentially; gameplay mechanics, won't fly.

Oh I know that they're canon, but in that particular scene they are not referenced to nor is there any proof that they are in effect.
'his gauntlets let him lift heavier things, that doesn't make his grip of a sword any tighter'- is what some Link fans have said to me. Btw why are you telling me about Silver and Gold comparisons? no expression I was talking about his attacks not being any stronger now that he has them with him which should happen for the Ganon strength feat to work.

Burning thought
There seem to be a large number of forms of the King of evil. Ganondorf is a humanoid more magical form, Ganon is the name given to the beastlike forms in which case there is a boar that stands in OoT, one that looks like its more animal than most in TP (maybe TP?) and then theres the boar/humanoid sort of entity in the original games. Their powers are different as I imagine some dont have the Triforce of power, some have the full triforce (l2tp).

NemeBro
I kept telling you that killing for revenge doesn't make you any better, regardless of whether or not it was a favor to mankind. I guess he should have just let them nuke Manhattan and let them continue to torture and experiment on innocent people.

MooCowofJustice
No, but had he stopped them for the right reasons he could have been a good guy.

BloodRain
Thats why he's an anti-hero. Not 'evil'.

NemeBro
No, but had he stopped them for the right reasons he could have been a good guy. He did do so for the right reasons.

You, who have not finished the game, would not know this.

BloodRain
pJaJbiNEq1w
Thought id show this as at 0:50 his durability is shown when he is stabbed. Thats just trivial, real reason is at 1:08 while he's breaking free of the chains, doesnt seem to be at Golden Gauntlet strength.

MooCowofJustice
He was impaled before the Triforce activated, and it had just activated when he started using it to break free of the chains.

Burning thought
Also note that the sages who supposedly created the MS or its power to combat Ganon were powerless to do anything in the 30+ seconds he was still chained.

Nemesis X
Why are we discussing Ganondorf?

NemeBro
Also note that the sages who supposedly created the MS What?

Burning thought
What?

Said by Princess Zelda in Twilight princess.

BloodRain
He was impaled before the Triforce activated, and it had just activated when he started using it to break free of the chains.
And with such power he didnt instantly break free of the chains like he should of if he had golden gauntlet strength.

Why are we discussing Ganondorf?
People are saying that Golden gauntlet OoTLink<Ganon=TPLink. Which is wrong.

Nemesis X
Too bad Mercer isn't evil.

Cyner
Said by Princess Zelda in Twilight princess.

The sages created the sword, and those that are present in TP are completely different sages.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by BloodRain
And with such power he didnt instantly break free of the chains like he should of if he had golden gauntlet strength.

Twilight Princess suggests that the power of the Triforce pieces took time to reach their full strength within each individual. We have Ganon's breaking free and Link spends the entire game discovering his true power.

Nemesis X

Bit off topic don't ya think?

Cyner
Twilight Princess suggests that the power of the Triforce pieces took time to reach their full strength within each individual. We have Ganon's breaking free and Link spends the entire game discovering his true power. Yeah as time passes in the game Link just keeps getting more powerful till that final confrontation. Less wolf time would have made that game more enjoyable.

NemeBro
Said by Princess Zelda in Twilight princess. Not the same Sages.

In OoT, which predates TP, the Sages are young.

BloodRain
Bit off topic don't ya think?
Is a bit to measure (however inaccurately) TPLinks strength.

Twilight Princess suggests that the power of the Triforce pieces took time to reach their full strength within each individual. We have Ganon's breaking free and Link spends the entire game discovering his true power.
Ganon already had access to his piece.

Point is thus; OotLink didn't use the Golden Guantlest in the fight vs 'Beast Ganon' (who's feats are different to the other forms) and knocking the sword out of his hand doesn't necessarily mean he's stronger (not the main point). Shown by his strength in that clip. So TPLink is not stronger then Golden Gauntlets OoTLink.

Burning thought
Ganons not that strong in OoT, unless the MS is extremely heavy, the suggested strength for Ganon based on the calculations of scream on the pillar would have sent the sword flying off into the distance. It only went a few meters.

BloodRain
So TPLink is at base OoTLink strength, who could 'push' a 95ton block.

Burning thought
Which is apprently about 40 ton lifting strength.

NemeBro
TP Link tossed that armored Goron.

Who weighed over 800 tons.

Try again clownshoe.

Burning thought
800 tons based on what?

NemeBro
ShitPaste's calculations. =D

Burning thought
I thought so.....

BloodRain
That would make Gorons heavier then the Pillar o__o

Burning thought
Edit- Yes it is the same Goron, Links iron boots are required to magnetise himself to the ground. He then throws it.

Its certainly not 800 tons, it would crush him despite his strength and would not bounce off the lava. Ofc I think screampaste said something about how he disagrees with using gameplay in physics arguments.

MooCowofJustice
Nah, Blood. The pillar is 1000.

And for the record, Link tosses that Goron when he isn't at full power. He gets to full power by the end of the game.

NemeBro
Edit- Yes it is the same Goron, Links iron boots are required to magnetise himself to the ground. He then throws it.

Its certainly not 800 tons, it would crush him despite his strength and would not bounce off the lava. Ofc I think screampaste said something about how he disagrees with using gameplay in physics arguments. Iron boots do not add strength.

Let us say you can lift over four hundred pounds, you cannot, but let us just say.

If a four hundred pound object were to roll towards you at a great speed, you would still at the very least really struggle to stop it, since it is much heavier than you.

Link does not weigh near 800 tons. Figure it out.

Bouncing off lava is irrelevant.

BloodRain
By SPs math its 1000, by mine its 530.

Not sure that he gets physically stronger throughout. Not that the Gorons are 800 tons as Major Bo beat them in the sumo match too.

NemeBro
This Goron was twenty to thirty feet tall and covered in armor.

Burning thought
Iron boots do not add strength.

Let us say you can lift over four hundred pounds, you cannot, but let us just say.

If a four hundred pound object were to roll towards you at a great speed, you would still at the very least really struggle to stop it, since it is much heavier than you.

Link does not weigh near 800 tons. Figure it out.

Bouncing off lava is irrelevant.
No their just integral to apprently stopping the Goron. And a Goron does not weigh close to 800 tons, it weighs <Link+lumps of iron on his feet.

No its not, its important because its toonforce and if it were heavy the Goron would sink.

Also whats this math coming from? the assumption the Goron is somehow 100% rock or something?

BloodRain
He's almost 20 ft, partly/mostly made of rock. Still wouldn't be 800.

MooCowofJustice
I think Dangoro came out at 200.

ScreamPaste
What the **** did I walk in on?

ScreamPaste
Alright, alright, stop.

Yes, he did. Yo ucannoy beat the game without the golden gauntlets I cannot repeat this anymore. You seimply CANNOT do it.

Ganon is all one character, and gameplay defeats arent' feats, and cannot be compared to what we know about the character. Cutscenes > gameplay. Ganon is stronger than OoT Link, that much is indisputable.

TP Link is as strong or stronger.

Nemesis X
edit

Burning thought
He's almost 20 ft, partly/mostly made of rock. Still wouldn't be 800.

Hes definatly <Links weight+iron on his feet. The Iron shoes are actually made of iron, thats it. Thats all Link and the other sumo wrestling bloke (not sure of his name) needed to defeat Gorons. So we just have to calculate how much iron it actually was an how heavy it is plus links weight.

BloodRain
Alright, alright, stop.

Yes, he did. Yo ucannoy beat the game without the golden gauntlets I cannot repeat this anymore. You seimply CANNOT do it.

Ganon is all one character, and gameplay defeats arent' feats, and cannot be compared to what we know about the character. Cutscenes > gameplay. Ganon is stronger than OoT Link, that much is indisputable.

Yes I agree that he had them and that they're canon, but their powers are not in effect outside of their purpose. The only time they're shown in effect is in lifting whatever he lifts, not gripping, striking or anything outside lifting what he lifts.

Not a big thing but Ganon getting damaged by things Drof isnt that convincing.

MooCowofJustice
Except that there is nothing to suggest their additional strength isn't used elsewhere.

Sin_Volvagia
Alright, alright, stop.

1. Ganon and Ganondorf are one character but they do not have the same abilities. Common sense.

Ganondorf uses mostly magic and Ganon (before LttP) uses strength. When Ganon had the full Triforce, he gained the ability to use the technique of darkness. To say Ganondorf can do everything Ganon can do is just fooling yourself. Ganondorf fought with magic and when he realized that it was just being used against him, he transformed into Ganon and decided to go melee.

TP Link is nowhere at strength of OoT Link w/ golden gauntlets. He lifted nothing as heavy as that huge pillar. Ganondorf's only strength feat was breaking out of his chains.

BloodRain
Except that there is nothing to suggest their additional strength isn't used elsewhere.

Care to explain..

ScreamPaste
Nah. If we accepted that, Link can throw a massive pillar farther and faster than a small rock. Gameplay mechanic.

BloodRain
If we we're to accept that then Link wouldn't use them to throw the rock.

ScreamPaste
Why would it be any different? The silver gauntlets allow him to throw unmarked rocks, why not the golden gauntlets? The reason? Everything recieves only one animation. When you get hte SG's, you get the animation for larger rocks. When you get the GG's, you get the full on cutscene for the massive pillar.

You're trying to argue a gameplay mechanic, like Kratos attacks not sending random enemies flying all day, to say the GG's to not increase Link's strength, when we have a quote from the items (their in game description) telling us they give him strength. Not strength to lift, strength.

BloodRain
In most/any game including GoW when the character gets a physical power up their attacks do more damage or increase knockback.

''You found the Silver Gauntlets! If you wore them, you would feel the power in your arms, the power to lift big things with (A)!''

"You found the Golden Gauntlets! You can feel even more power coursing through your arms! Grab with (A) and lift stuff up!"

Power to lift.

ScreamPaste
Description.

Gameplay use.

Remember how your theory involves Link throwing heavier things farther and faster? No.

BloodRain
''You found the Silver Gauntlets! If you wore them, you would feel the power in your arms, the power to lift big things with (A)!''

The 'even more power' from the GG is the ''power' to lift lift big things' from SG.

MooCowofJustice
Lifting things is still the gameplay use of the Silver Gauntlets.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>