Wonder Woman vs. Psylocke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Original Smurph
Diana doesn't get super speed or her lasso.

Original Smurph
That is, assume, for the thread's sake, that they have equal speed.

Prep-Man
Diana.

Q99
Ka-stomp, WW's favor.

Strength, telepathy resistance, toughness to ignore her physical attacks, skill to outfight her.

Original Smurph
Stomp? Nein.

She's not the more skilled, and the telepathy is unimportant. Her toughness would also fall short versus the psychic katana.

Prep-Man
Diana has done fairly well with psychic attacks before, even more powerful than bettsy.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Diana has done fairly well with psychic attacks before, even more powerful than bettsy. Like I said, telepathy is unimportant, so that's irrelevant.

The katana is telekinetic in nature.

Q99
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Stomp? Nein.

She's not the more skilled, and the telepathy is unimportant. Her toughness would also fall short versus the psychic katana.

I'd think she's the more skilled.

And Psylocke's toughness would fall short vs anything she has.

Enyalus
But she still gets her bracers, right? So she could (and probably would) block Psylocke's psi-blade with the bracers, given that they have equal speed.

Sasaraixx
Um, you kind of forgot to take away WW's HUGE strength advantage. Diana can KO her with a blow. And the katana will meet the aegis bracers.

This IS a stomp.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Q99
I'd think she's the more skilled.

And Psylocke's toughness would fall short vs anything she has. Yes, I gathered that, but it's incorrect. Psylocke was among the top (though probably Di's inferior) prior to recently receiving mystically a lifetime's worth of training from Ogun in the span of a few hours, to the point where she was capable of besting him. So, no, she's very much as skilled.

Psylocke's also been shown to be capable of parrying and glancing blows or amping her speed and strength with her telekinesis. IF Betsy makes this a hand to hand confrontation, she has been shown to be capable of dodging opponents who could end her in one strike via clever TK use. Thanks to her katana, she only needs one strike that Diana can't block, and Psylocke can ALSO use all of the environment to her advantage (a tactic which she has utilized in the past, again through clever TK use).

So, once again, not a stomp.

Prep-Man
How many years does diana have for trainig? Thousands or whatever. I'd say Diana is a little more skilled, because of that experience, but not by much.

Battlehammer
Is it just speed or reflexes too?

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Prep-Man
How many years does diana have for trainig? Thousands or whatever. I'd say Diana is a little more skilled, because of that experience, but not by much. I'd say it should make her more skilled, but, based on feats, that is not the case.

Diana's more powerful, Psylocke's more versatile, and it seems that they could both realistically end this in one strike.

I'm not even giving an opinion, just saying it's not a stomp.

Battlehammer
Yes, I gathered that, but it's incorrect. Psylocke was among the top (though probably Di's inferior) prior to recently receiving mystically a lifetime's worth of training from Ogun in the span of a few hours, to the point where she was capable of besting him. So, no, she's very much as skilled.

Though we have not seen to much of her since, from what I have seen and what that training means I wager she more skilled now.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Is it just speed or reflexes too? Reflexes too. All equalized.

Battlehammer
I want to say Psylocke.

Q99
Hm, what about flight? She's been known to use that to her tactical edge.

So, once again, not a stomp.

Ok, maybe not a stomp, but I still give Diana the edge. With the bracers, her defense is hard to beat, and she can use her strength to her advantage in a variety of ways.

Placidity
WW stomps

srankmissingnin
Psylocke can stay at range and use TK bullets if she has too. Negating Wonder Woman's speed puts her at a disadvantage, Betsy is too versatile.

Q99
Though if she wanted to, Diana could just pick up a mountain and throw it at her.

AsbestosFlaygon
Betsy's on par with Wondy now? haermm

No, really? no expression

Placidity
Told ya Marvel boys are having a field day lately. Lets hope this trend passes quickly.

manx422
Diana

Lord Feron
Originally posted by manx422
Diana

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Placidity
Told ya Marvel boys are having a field day lately. Lets hope this trend passes quickly.
This really is not nearly as one sided as you think.

They have the same speed and reflexes for the fight. Psylocke like diana is extremely skilled fighter. Diana has strength and duraubility. But then again pyslocke can amp her stats, usues range attacks, force fields ect. she has powerful telepathy, her katana I would certainly think could hurt diana badly and she also has here psychic knife which if she hit diana with in the head diana gunna have some serous problems.

Starscream M

They have the same speed and reflexes for the fight. Psylocke like diana is extremely skilled fighter. Diana has strength and duraubility. But then again pyslocke can amp her stats, usues range attacks, force fields ect. she has powerful telepathy, her katana I would certainly think could hurt diana badly and she also has here psychic knife which if she hit diana with in the head diana gunna have some serous problems. diana is still 1000x stronger and 1000x more durable. this is a stomp.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
diana is still 1000x stronger and 1000x more durable. this is a stomp.
does not really matter if she stronger or more durable. psylcoke sword can cut trhough pretty dam near anything, she has range abilities due to TK, she high level telepath which very well should allow her to read diana. She also has a psychic knife that if she lands would frie WW brain.

jalek moye
does not really matter if she stronger or more durable. psylcoke sword can cut trhough pretty dam near anything, she has range abilities due to TK, she high level telepath which very well should allow her to read diana. She also has a psychic knife that if she lands would frie WW brain.

I'm pretty sure Wonder Woman's bracers can block it the blades.

Could go either way really

Battlehammer
Originally posted by jalek moye
I'm pretty sure Wonder Woman's bracers can block it the blades.

Could go either way really
Thats true they could.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Betsy's on par with Wondy now? haermm

No, really? no expression Skillwise? Yes.

Battlehammer
Skillwise? Yes.
agreed.

Sasaraixx

You act as if Diana doesn't have a means of deflecting everything that Betsy could throw at her. You also forget that Diana now has ranged attacks as well if she chooses. AND she still is much, much stronger and more durable than Betsy.

If we are going to assume that they are equally skilled, then there will be a lot of parrying, blocking, etc. Diana needs to land one punch and its over. I think she'd have a much easier time landing one blow than Psylocke would getting past her defenses and cutting her with her blade.

If Diana were completely depowered, then yes I would agree that this would be much closer.

AsbestosFlaygon
Except for the fact it is no expression

I don't care what you Marvel fans think,
but the fact is Betsy hasn't even done half of Wondy's feats to put her on par with Wondy.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
You act as if Diana doesn't have a means of deflecting everything that Betsy could throw at her. You also forget that Diana now has ranged attacks as well if she chooses. AND she still is much, much stronger and more durable than Betsy.

There the same speed it gunna be hard deflecting anything, but tell me how the hell do you deflect TK or TP?

She is more that is true, though psylocke can greatly amp her strength, durability ect. She also can do numerous things with her TK

If we are going to assume that they are equally skilled, then there will be a lot of parrying, blocking, etc. Diana needs to land one punch and its over. I think she'd have a much easier time landing one blow than Psylocke would getting past her defenses and cutting her with her blade.

If Diana were completely depowered, then yes I would agree that this would be much closer.

If psylocke stabs cuts her in to it over, or psylocke shove her psychic blade into wonder woman head and it over as well.

If Diana was completely depowered she loses within seconds........

Battlehammer
Except for the fact it is no expression

I don't care what you Marvel fans think,
but the fact is Betsy hasn't even done half of Wondy's feats to put her on par with Wondy.
what feats are these's? Seeing as how they have separate powers I could same the same shit about WW.

also why is telepath being ignored? Or are we simply going to assume wonderwoman can resist it when people who have TP blockers, as well as numerous other natural defenses could not?

Q99
Considering WW has not just TP blockers, but godly blessings to that effect, yes, we are going to assume that.

Dr. Psycho couldn't get in before her latest anti-tp boost, and Dr. Psycho is pretty darn powerful mentally.

Diana's one of the most mentally fortified people in either world.

Sasaraixx
There the same speed it gunna be hard deflecting anything, but tell me how the hell do you deflect TK or TP?

She is more that is true, though psylocke can greatly amp her strength, durability ect. She also can do numerous things with her TK

If psylocke stabs cuts her in to it over, or psylocke shove her psychic blade into wonder woman head and it over as well.

If Diana was completely depowered she loses within seconds........

Her strength isn't any where near WW's, amp or no amp. There is no contest in this area at all. If you've got a scan of a feat that puts her strength on par with WW's, then I'd love to see it.

WW has the Eyes of Pallas. She is pretty much immune to telepathy. Unless you think Psylocke is powerful enough to take on Athena, then this power is useless against Diana.

TK is not getting past the Aegis shield.

And it is a lot more difficult to land the kind of blow you are suggesting in close combat, than for WW to land one punch or kick. Do you honestly think Psylocke will be able to stab someone as skilled as WW in the head before she gets tagged once? I also don't think one cut is going to do it either. WW's durability is still super. Plus she can still fly.

Within seconds? Ugh, no.

Q99
Sans powers, Diana is *still* able to take on the likes of Batman and Black Canary in melee.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Q99
Considering WW has not just TP blockers, but godly blessings to that effect, yes, we are going to assume that.

Dr. Psycho couldn't get in before her latest anti-tp boost, and Dr. Psycho is pretty darn powerful mentally.

Diana's one of the most mentally fortified people in either world.
can you even proof that? Hasent she had her midn read before and more then onces?

stronger then nove, prof x , emma?

based on what? god blessing what ever the **** that means

Battlehammer
Her strength isn't any where near WW's, amp or no amp. There is no contest in this area at all. If you've got a scan of a feat that puts her strength on par with WW's, then I'd love to see it.

WW has the Eyes of Pallas. She is pretty much immune to telepathy. Unless you think Psylocke is powerful enough to take on Athena, then this power is useless against Diana.

TK is not getting past the Aegis shield.

And it is a lot more difficult to land the kind of blow you are suggesting in close combat, than for WW to land one punch or kick. Do you honestly think Psylocke will be able to stab someone as skilled as WW in the head before she gets tagged once? I also don't think one cut is going to do it either. WW's durability is still super. Plus she can still fly.

Within seconds? Ugh, no.
I never said it was on par I said she could amp her strength greatly.

is that standard equiptment?

wtf? I pretty sure she only has her bracer and lasso for this fight........

It is a punch, except it has much greater range sicne it an extention of her body, or she could jsut make a hgue sword.

I would not be real surprised at all, and you act like the head is some crazy hard thing to hit.......thats were msot people aim there attacks, it not different then if she was fighting normally, except it an extention of her arm giving her greater reach on and it energy it can't even be blocked, it not a solid. Psylocke stab one individual in the head and had another one in a similar postion that I would put both as being more skilled then WW.

First it not a normal sword, it TK blade which seems to cut through pretty much anything, and the psycho knife is not a cuting weapon it fries the brain.

AsbestosFlaygon
Diana still retains her skill, durability, reflexes, TP-resistance and strength.

No way in hell is Psylocke winning.

One solid punch/kick/headbutt is all it takes for Diana to kill her.

Battlehammer
Diana still retains her skill, durability, reflexes, TP-resistance and strength.

No way in hell is Psylocke winning.

One solid punch/kick/headbutt is all it takes for Diana to kill her.
not reflexes and speed.

Skill really does not worry me, I like to see evidence that TP resistance will prevent mind reading or anything for that matter. She had no problem reading wolverines mind, and he has level 9 tp blocker, natural mental blocks and his animalistic nature it self provides even further TP protection, not to mention all the training he recieved.

Yea and whenw as the last time dian head but? Psylocke need one could slash or one good psycho knife stabb.

so the one advantage diana has is strength, durbality is worthless, her attacks frie the brain and her sword can cut pretty much anything in haft.

Q99
Probably in their league. And Diana sometimes doesn't even notice when he's trying to mess with her head.

Also one of the reasons why she fought Superman in Sacrifice was because there was no-way that Maxwell Lord could affect her (send someone else, and they might be hit by a mental kapowie too. While unlike Martian Manhunter, Diana was safe).

Based on her having demonstrated massive resistance and specific powers against it. Not just mind blockers like Wolverine has, but actual magic.

Short version: It means there is a lot of magic power that makes her mind very hard to mess with.

Do you really need to have what the blessing of gods is? I mean, Captain Marvel (and the rest of the Marvel family), Beta Ray Bill, Wonder Woman, it's a pretty common power source.

The 'aegis shield' is an effect made by her bracers when she crosses them. It can block up-to-and-including the Omega effect and Zeus's lightning.

And she had her lasso yanked for the fight too. It'd be a bit much of an edge if she did have it, let her fight Psylocke from a distance and all.

Battlehammer
I good diana does whatever and win, I don't have enough knowledge of diana for this. Man I not a fan of DC even listening to peoples powers/abilties turns me off of it. I always get the feeling from DC that everyone has either everything. The have ever like seven different powers, 4 magical items, they blessed by gods. or the low end they have belt with everything one could ever need in the belt and they have secret lair with like million different devices and through gods with prep. S

Sasaraixx
I good diana does whatever and win, I don't have enough knowledge of diana for this. Man I not a fan of DC even listening to peoples powers/abilties turns me off of it. I always get the feeling from DC that everyone has either everything. The have ever like seven different powers, 4 magical items, they blessed by gods. or the low end they have belt with everything one could ever need in the belt and they have secret lair with like million different devices and through gods with prep. S

Did anyone else get that? confused

Battlehammer
Sorry I was distracted I guesses.

I don't know enough about WW, to accurately debate this and should not have been in the first place.

Q99
I always get the feeling from DC that everyone has either everything.

Do you honestly think Marvel's less bad in that respect? smile Heck, look at Psylocke! "She was born British but she got transplanted into an Asian body, which gives her kickass ninja skills! Also she's a telepath some of the time, and telekinetic the rest of the time. Either way she also has a psi blade which focuses the totality of her psychic powers. Oh, and she's been changed so reality alteration doesn't affect her."

Diana? Standard FISS power set, plus some nice gear and a few minor abilities. Which happens to anyone magic- take a look at the list of abilities Thor's hammer has one of these days.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.