Cloud and Tifa (ff7) vs Lightning and Snow (ff13)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

linkownsyousobs
Don't think I've seen any Final Fantasy fans post this yet, so I thought I'd put it up. big grin

Cloud and Tifa (ff7) vs Lightning and Snow (ff13)

Well, who would win?

TheAuraAngel
What materia do Cloud and Tifa receive?

BloodRain
Havnt seen XIII feats but i think Tifa is stronger then Snow. Cloud and Lightning im not sure about. VII may take it.

linkownsyousobs
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
What materia do Cloud and Tifa receive? [/QU

Let's use them all, Limit Breaks, magic, summon, etc. Both games get all their abilities.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
What materia do Cloud and Tifa receive?

Which from that I can gather a few things. You have gotten far enough into XIII and something really epic just happened or you got a massive power upgrade or something similar. Are you sure its sane to just give Cloud and Tifa KoR nonchalantly like that? I mean comparatively, Lightning and Snow have one summon each( to my knowledge), whereas in this case, both Tifa and Cloud could have several.

linkownsyousobs
Originally posted by BloodRain
Havnt seen XIII feats but i think Tifa is stronger then Snow. Cloud and Lightning im not sure about. VII may take it.

I haven't seen all of 13 yet, but I'm on the 3rd disk. I agree that Tifa is strong, but Snow is a force to be reckoned with when you get him at a high lvl. Plus he is the best Sentinal in the game. When he uses Steel Guard, it is almost impossible for enemies down him. I can't think of many feats we could use for 13, except that Lightning can snap her fingers, and have electricity run throughout her body.

BloodRain
Better to wait until some people complete it first.

linkownsyousobs
Which from that I can gather a few things. You have gotten far enough into XIII and something really epic just happened or you got a massive power upgrade or something similar. Are you sure its sane to just give Cloud and Tifa KoR nonchalantly like that? I mean comparatively, Lightning and Snow have one summon each( to my knowledge), whereas in this case, both Tifa and Cloud could have several.

True, they are limited to one summon in 13. Then how about giving Cloud Bahumut, and Tifa Neo Bahumut to even the odds then. Can't think of using anything I've seen from it so far as a good feat right now, I'll post one if I think of one though.

linkownsyousobs
Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
True, they are limited to one summon in 13. Then how about giving Cloud Bahumut, and Tifa Neo Bahumut to even the odds then. Can't think of using anything I've seen from it so far as a good feat right now, I'll post one if I think of one though.

Well, except for Lightning's ability I posted earlier

linkownsyousobs
bumped..... I'm hoping other ppl have beat it now so they can help in the thread. It's been long enough

NemeBro
Snow solos by virtue of ossum.

linkownsyousobs
Lightning is pretty beast too... have you seen her Army of One ability yet?

NemeBro
Not yet, heard is leet.

But Snow is mah favorite character, and that is why he wins. Obviously.

linkownsyousobs
Originally posted by NemeBro
Not yet, heard is leet.

But Snow is mah favorite character, and that is why he wins. Obviously.

leet?.... skip to 0:50 if u want to see it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlWx0r3JoM

Mine too... his Sovereign Fist is just beast, he's the second highest attacker in the game when you lvl his crysterium all the way, but his magic capabilities suck compared to the others. Lightning will make up for that though.

found one with all the limit breaks when I was looking for Snow's....skip to 0:43 to see his
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te0cjZrOCjw

Also, I don't exactly remember where in the beginning of the game he did this at(1st or 2nd disk on xbox), but he caused a huge wall of ice spikes to come out of the ground with one punch in one of the cut scenes. I tried finding it, but I couldn't.

If you don't care for spoilers (its in jap so it shouldn't be too bad) watch this video, its pretty beast. skip to 1:45 that's where it gets good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzWfEp_ZlF4&feature=PlayList&p=D42AC34F77EF0BF1&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=18

how do u make a video show up on the thread? I couldn't figure it out.

Phanteros
Those feats are game mechanics unfortunately.

linkownsyousobs
Originally posted by Phanteros
Those feats are game mechanics unfortunately.

yeah, the abilities are because the only one u see out of gameplay is Fang's Highwind, which takes out the entire FFXIII party I might add.

If I could find Snow's punch, its in a cutscene, so it could be used as a feat.

And the last video i posted was a cutscene of the FF13 party invading Cacoon with their summons helping them.

Heythere,Honey
Army of One is pretty neat-o from what I've seen in vids. I like the original name better though.

linkownsyousobs
What was it called originally?

Sin_Volvagia
Lightning isn't beating Cloud who is superior to her in every way.

Snow might have a better chance since he has the superior defense but Cloud will eventually take him down.

linkownsyousobs
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Lightning isn't beating Cloud who is superior to her in every way.

Snow might have a better chance since he has the superior defense but Cloud will eventually take him down.

Agreed... Lightning is pretty beast, but I think Cloud is better. Lightning was able to knock Snow on his ass with one punch though in one of the beginning cut scenes. She isn't a pushover. big grin

True, but if they were to fight each other it would take awhile for Snow to go down. If Lightning takes out Tifa before Cloud is done with Snow
(Not sure if she can though... Tifa's a juggernaut), would Cloud be able to take them both on?

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Factoring in how their personalities would factor in to this fight:

Snow will decide to take on Cloud because he's afraid of hitting girls and thinks he's the hero to take on the man with the big sword (Cloud).
Lightning would chuckle at Snow's decision and she will go after Tifa.
Cloud will nod confidentially and signal to Tifa to take on Lightning.

Cloud definitely has the upper hand against Snow. Most of the battle between Snow and Cloud would consist of Snow blocking Cloud's blows till he tires out.

However, Lightning has the edge over Tifa. Lightning can dodge most of Tifa's punches and retaliate by firing bullets.

Most likely Lightning will KO Tifa before Cloud KOs Snow b/c Snow will be on the defensive while both Lightning and Tifa are on the offensive.

The match will probably end when Lightning KO's Tifa, and Snow is staggered while Cloud is preparing to unleash Omnislash Snow. Lightning will notice Snow is going to get owned really bad, and will distract Cloud by firing a bullet at him. After Lightning has Cloud's attention, she will hold her gun against Tifa's head and threaten to shoot Tifa if Cloud does not surrender.

Cloud does not have the nerve to watch another person close to him die, and will most likely surrender to Snow and Lightning.

In sum:
Snow (defensive) fights Cloud (offensive)
Tifa (offensive) fights Lightning (offensive)
Lightning defeats Tifa
Snow is about to get killed by Cloud
Lightning threatens to shoot Tifa if Cloud doesn't surrender
Lightning outsmarts Cloud, and Cloud surrenders
Snow and Lightning win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.