Marvel vs DC weapon proficientency

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlehammer
Who low meta and below have the best melee weapons proficiency marvel or dc.

which are the top five of each organization most all around skilled in melee weapons and which are superior marvel or is it dc?

Also out of the fallowing weapons who are the top 3 most skilled with each weapon and which universes reign supreme in the each of the weapons.

Long Sword

Katana

Nunchucks

bo staff

fighting sticks

Knifes

Sai's

Shield (though it might no classify as a weapon to some)

Battle Axe

Bow and Arrow's

I list examples below just incases it was not clear enough (this is just an example and not my opinion)

example one
. Most all around skilled for Marvel: shang-chi, taskmaster, echo. For DC: batman, night wing,green arrow.

example two
most skilled with swords: Marvel Capt, IF, DD. For DC: batman, green arrow, DS.

I vote marvel most skilled with swords

example three
Most skilled with Sai's: Marvel Elektra, capt, DD. For DC: Batman, Robin, deadshot.

I vote DC most skilled with Sia's

Q99
With katana, Katana is an obvious choice. While not all-around the best martial artist, in pure swordskill, she can even hold off Lady Shiva who once tried and failed to take her blades. So Katana's one of

Then there's Cassandra Cain, who can use pretty much whatever you put into her hands at top-tier level, so is going to be in the top 3 in probably all except Bow and Arrow (simply because the bow crew is so solid already).

Hm, do powered users count if they're still really skilled? Wonder Woman is the most skilled axe and shield user in DC I know (then again, if powered doesn't count, she's still one of the best just as Diana Prince), save maybe Hawkman.

Come to think of it, that's the list for both Shield and Axe: Diana, Hawkman, Cassandra Cain (who, yes, beats out Hawkgirl)

Bow & Arrow:
Marvel: Hawkeye... ah... hm, dunno who else. Hawkeye II perhaps. DC: Roy Harper, Oliver Queen, Shado. DC wins this category easily, with a whole rack of archers (not in the top three but also great include Conner Hawke, Speedy and Arrowette).

I don't think I've seen anyone on your DC list use Sai. I doubt anyone is going to beat Elektra with them because she's the only top tier that specializes in their use.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Q99

I don't think I've seen anyone on your DC list use Sai. I doubt anyone is going to beat Elektra with them because she's the only top tier that specializes in their use.
It was an example lol. It how I wanted people to present there picks, it not accurate to my believe nor is it the character people must chioce from, it was simply an example.

AsbestosFlaygon
Long Sword: Ra's Al Ghul / Vandal Savage

Nunchucks: I guess Shang Chi

Bo Staff: Stick

Fighting Sticks: Nightwing

Knifes: Drax

Sais: Elektra

Shield: Who else? Steve Rogers

Battle Axe: Marvel Ares

Bows and Arrows: Green Arrow / Bullseye / Deadshot

All around skilled fighter:
MARVEL -- Taskmaster
DC -- Batman

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Battlehammer

which are the top five of each organization most all around skilled in melee weapons and which are superior marvel or is it dc?

These are two separate questions. I want to know who are top five most skilled all around with weapons from both organizations marvel and DC. I also want to know which organization has the more skilled all around melee weapons fighters.

Also out of the fallowing weapons who are the top 3 most skilled with each weapon and which universes reign supreme in the each of the weapons.

Long Sword

Katana

Nunchucks

bo staff

fighting sticks

Knifes

Sai's

Shield (though it might no classify as a weapon to some)

Battle Axe

Bow and Arrow's

For above I want who are the top three most skill with each of thoses weapons from both Marvel and DC. I want three Marvel guys for each weapons and three DC guys. The I want to know which Marvel or DC have the more skilled individuals with those weapons.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Q99

Hm, do powered users count if they're still really skilled? Wonder Woman is the most skilled axe and shield user in DC I know (then again, if powered doesn't count, she's still one of the best just as Diana Prince), save maybe Hawkman.

look below

Battlehammer
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Long Sword: Ra's Al Ghul / Vandal Savage

Nunchucks: I guess Shang Chi

Bo Staff: Stick

Fighting Sticks: Nightwing

Knifes: Drax

Sais: Elektra

Shield: Who else? Steve Rogers

Battle Axe: Marvel Ares

Bows and Arrows: Green Arrow / Bullseye / Deadshot

All around skilled fighter:
MARVEL -- Taskmaster
DC -- Batman

If you could put three for each or at least one for each company would be great.

also if you could put down five character from each organization for msot all around skilled and then put your vote for who has the better all around skilled fighters marvel or dc that be great if not thats fine.

Also it cap at low meta's.

So drax, ares ect. can't be used.

Starscream M
haven't you made this type of thread before? I could swear you have.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
haven't you made this type of thread before? I could swear you have.
similar though I believe different in nature. Never pitted the universes against eachother.

Prep-Man
Black Mace? He'd own anyone here. Val, too.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Black Mace? He'd own anyone here. Val, too.

There a cap, only low meta and below.

srankmissingnin
I tried to make it a list of only people who where alive... but it was difficult, so I had to give it to some dead people in a few categories that didn't really have suitable candidates still alive. If there where no streets that took a category I went above low meta as well.

Long Sword: Marvel: Black Knight | DC: Jean-Paul Valley or Ras

Katana: Marvel: Silver Samurai | DC: Sensie

Nunchucks: Marvel: Shang-Chi DC: -

Bo-staff: Marvel: Daredevil DC: Tim Drake

Fighting Sticks: Marvel: Daredevil | DC: Dick Grayson

Knifes: Marvel: Wolverine | DC: Catman or Jason Todd

Sais: Marvel: Elektra DC: -

Shield: Marvel: Captain America DC: Hawkman or maybe Wonder Woman

Battle Axe: Marvel: Ares | DC: Hawkman

Bow and Arrow: Marvel: Bullseye | DC: Shado

Battlehammer
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I tried to make it a list of only people who where alive... but it was difficult, so I had to give it to some dead people in a few categories that didn't really have suitable candidates still alive. If there where no streets that took a category I went above low meta as well.

Katana: Marvel: Silver Samurai | DC: Sensie

Nunchucks: Marvel: Shang-Chi DC: -

Bo-staff: Marvel: Daredevil DC: Tim Drake

Fighting Sticks: Marvel: Daredevil | DC: Dick Grayson

Knifes: Marvel: Wolverine | DC: Catman or Jason Todd

Sais: Marvel: Elektra DC: -

Shield: Marvel: Captain America DC: Hawkman or maybe Wonder Woman

Battle Axe: Marvel: Ares | DC: Hawkman

Bow and Arrow: Marvel: Bullseye | DC: Shado
Interesting choices. Why not Ogun (though now that I think of it he higher the low meta.) Also Wolverine recently after three days practice displayed that he was more skilled with Silver Samurai with a sword, but held back (haft sword vs a full one).

Nunchucks I was thinking shang-chi as well though moonnight has used them quite a bit and mister x I believe has.

is a billy club consider a fighting stick? (I am honestly asking, I really don't know)

how about cat woman for DC hasent she used them (though I might be miss remebering Marvel vs DC.

Battle Axe has been used by gladiaitor (DD villain i believe) wolverine, mister X and head hunter consistently uses one.

-K-M-
Mop & broom- Ma Hunkel

srankmissingnin
Interesting choices. Why not Ogun (though now that I think of it he higher the low meta.) Also Wolverine recently after three days practice displayed that he was more skilled with Silver Samurai with a sword, but held back (haft sword vs a full one).

Nunchucks I was thinking shang-chi as well though moonnight has used them quite a bit and mister x I believe has.

is a billy club consider a fighting stick? (I am honestly asking, I really don't know)

how about cat woman for DC hasent she used them (though I might be miss remebering Marvel vs DC.

Battle Axe has been used by gladiaitor (DD villain i believe) wolverine, mister X and head hunter consistently uses one.

Ogun is a ghost. Silver Samurai was training Wolverine not actively fighting him. Black Widow has bested Wolverine in a training match, Psylocke's beaten Ogun, its not exactly a concrete showing of superiority.

Fighting stick isn't exactly an official weapon name. A freaking shillelagh fits the qualifier. lol

Catwoman mostly uses a whip.

Gladiator uses spinning wrist blades. As much as I would like to say other wise because A) axes are awesome and B) swords are for pussies, neither Wolverine or Mr. X have really ever used them.

Prep-Man
Swords: Tsunetomo for DC.
Nunchucks-Asano Nitobe fo dc.

Battlehammer
Ogun is a ghost. Silver Samurai was training Wolverine not actively fighting him. Black Widow has bested Wolverine in a training match, Psylocke's beaten Ogun, its not exactly a concrete showing of superiority.

Fighting stick isn't exactly an official weapon name. A freaking shillelagh fits the qualifier. lol

Catwoman mostly uses a whip.

Gladiator uses spinning wrist blades. As much as I would like to say other wise because A) axes are awesome and B) swords are for pussies, neither Wolverine or Mr. X have really ever used them.
True, though true, it seem to imply wolverine was better, but wanted to hide it from silver samurai, is what I got from it. Well she sucker punched him in the balls lol and he was using kid gloves. Psylocke did true, but it did not give off the same feel as wolverine vs silver samurai incident and seem more to catch Ogun by surprises, and was not 616 Ogun.

lol true, i ment the things night wing uses and the thing wolverien used when he saved capts life.

yea, but I could not think of anyone in DC who uses Sai's ever lol (neither could you I am assume since you did not put down DC guy lol)

yea they don't uses them much it was like once or twice.

I am surprised no one thought to say Zaran the weapons master (I think I might have gotten the name wrong lol)

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Swords: Tsunetomo for DC.
Nunchucks-Asano Nitobe fo dc.
surprised no one said batman to be honest.

Battlehammer

Wolverine used one before, but not enough to be on the list. Night crawler used one a few times I believe. Also I surprised no one said taskmaster, or new swordsmen.

srankmissingnin
Kurt is good with a rapier but fencing is more of a sport than it is an actual combat. Against Blackknight he'd get taken to task. I don't think the third sword in his tail would shake Blackknight off his game enough to give Kurt the win.

Q99
Kurt is good with a rapier but fencing is more of a sport than it is an actual combat. Against Blackknight he'd get taken to task. I don't think the third sword in his tail would shake Blackknight off his game enough to give Kurt the win.

Note that sport fencing =/= real rapier fencing. Rapiers are much more sturdy weapons than the ones used in sport, and very much designed for duels to the death.

Battlehammer
True, but remeber he posses the soul sword (what i think it called) that is a long sword.

Yea black knights a beast, but what about taskmaster and new swordsmen?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Q99
Note that sport fencing =/= real rapier fencing. Rapiers are much more sturdy weapons than the ones used in sport, and very much designed for duels to the death.
I think he ment the modern style of fighting.

Like jusitu is life and death fighting art, but judo is the sports version of it. One teaches things for sport and might beat jusitu fighter in a sport match, but if they fought life and death Judo guy would get schooled (assuming physically there the same and around similar skill levels)

buenokid

Like jusitu is life and death fighting art, but judo is the sports version of it. One teaches things for sport and might beat jusitu fighter in a sport match, but if they fought life and death Judo guy would get schooled (assuming physically there the same and around similar skill levels)

shut up idiot roll eyes (sarcastic)

Q99

Yea, but Kurt actually does use real rapiers in real combat, so it's not the sport version at all smile

(Ironically, it's not rare for a judo person to have an advantage over jujitsu people, since they're just more used to the application of all their moves against resisting foes. But back in the day when jujitsu people would face real opposition, yea).

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99

Hehe obviously. I still say the style lends its self more to sport and dueling than actually combat. It just strikes me as overly exaggerated and flamboyant. I like swash buckling gentlemen rogues as much as the next guy, it just doesn't strike me as particularly practical. Maybe I'm wrong.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, but Kurt actually does use real rapiers in real combat, so it's not the sport version at all smile

(Ironically, it's not rare for a judo person to have an advantage over jujitsu people, since they're just more used to the application of all their moves against resisting foes. But back in the day when jujitsu people would face real opposition, yea).
Just becuase he fights with them sometime, does not mean he was trained not in the sport form.

if you but perosn who trianed in jusitu vs judo practioner with similar skilll level and same physical abilities in a fight to the death the judo guy would die.

Q99
Just becuase he fights with them sometime, does not mean he was trained not in the sport form.

He's used them enough in real combat that he's no doubt adapted real combat techniques. There's nothing wrong with using sport as a base as long as you can break out of it and develop real combat habits. A judoka who adds a variety of non-sport techniques after combat experience pretty much has jujitsu.

Heck, the fact Kurt's using his tail shows he's made his own style to a significant extent.

I'll note the stuff you see in movies and such is farther from rapier fighting than even the sport foil duels, you've probably never seen a real rapier fight, which like most real sword styles tended to the quick, brutal, and short.

A rapier is to stabbing what a katana is to cutting, optimized for the one task. Properly used, it is an extremely efficient weapon for killing people, one of the most on the planet. There's not a lot of the exaggerated stuff, there is a lot of going for a quick stab to the heart or elsewhere.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Q99
He's used them enough in real combat that he's no doubt adapted real combat techniques. There's nothing wrong with using sport as a base as long as you can break out of it and develop real combat habits. A judoka who adds a variety of non-sport techniques after combat experience pretty much has jujitsu.

I agree, kurt is adapted to combat techniquies, he was also trained by Wolverine as well.

Originally posted by Q99
I'll note the stuff you see in movies and such is farther from rapier fighting than the sport foil duels, you've probably never seen a real rapier fight.

A rapier is to stabbing what a katana is to cutting, totally optimized for the one task. Properly used, it is an extremely efficient weapon for killing people, one of the most on the planet. There's not a lot of the exaggerated stuff, there is a lot of going for a quick stab to the heart or elsewhere.
I not surprised.

Not surprised.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.