Mister X vs Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
Gambit has Broken in into the Dark Avengers tower while the team is away on a mission.

Gambit has spend his time shadowing and studying the team to exploit the best moment to break into the tower rummage for information...

he has managed to break into Norman Osborn's office and download all computer info onto a flat external hard drive...

Gambit smug unwraps a stick of gum and puts it in his mouth while he smiles to himself.. easy breezy....

on his way out he walks through a hallway and hears approaching footsteps from the corner.. not wanting to be caught he goes into the Gym door to wait for the less powerful remaining team members to walk bye...Bullseye and head hunter...Mister X standing and watching remy....

Mister X: hello.

Gambit turns around and responds with his charming self.

Gambit: hi, you wouldnt happen to know where the bathroom is? such a large place one can get loss... big grin

Mister X : i doubt your lost.

Gambit: oops.. you got me, i was actually hiding from Ms. Marvel me and chere have a past together, she still hasnt gotten over me, poor girl. i dont want her to see me trying out for the team....

Mister X: i doubt anyone hasnt bn with her but, somehow i doubt that.

Gambit: well i better get going, i dont think this Dark Avenger business be for me. especially with romantic issues with chere, i guess, i'll try the Fantastic four team try outs instead.. less dark and more family friendly.

Mister X : ur not going anywhere, thief.....(pulls out swords) not unless you can get past me. highly doubt it but you interrupted my work out now i am going to get it out of you...

Gambit: i prefer the term Independent Corporate Requisition Contractor... impresses the ladies more. i know who you are Monsieur X.. trust me i am far from a damsel in distress, simple beast or a rapid animal,....(pulls out his bo staff ).

tell me X, what em i gonna do next?(eyes flash and he smiles)...

Mister X: your gonna Die.........

Gambit: arent we all, not today lets hope, let the cards fall where they may.....

ko, kill, cis on, moraility on bfr incapacitation...

Mister X gets his shades, duo swords...

Gambit gets his gum,lock picks, knives, bo staff, coat, deck of cards hiddin all over him, mini parachute pack,rubber suit armor,

Can X stop him keep him from escaping, getting away with his stolen info? who wins...

Starscream M
yes

Lord Feron
I actually don't think X will be able to stop a running away gambit. Gambit could easily just backing away from him and exploding crap around X and keep him from getting close.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Starscream M
yes yes what? yes he gets away or yes he gets stopped... and lastly why?

Aries_04
I vote Mister X hands him the beat down.

Battlehammer
I life the story good job. Here the thing, even if remy got away a head start I am not sure he could escape. X locks on brain patterns so he should eaisly be able to track him unless there a range which actually is likely. Though X has also displayed that he posses superhuman senses to a digree, he might find it hard losing X, however Gambit has a lot of stuff and currently he has that death card thing which could be bad news for Mister X.

Wild Shadow
what about remy's bio energy aura that creates static field around his mind?

maybe that could keep X from locking onto his neurons..

Why run when che can kill the bastard?

If gambit goes all out he can wreck the whole battlefield and while x might be able to see it coming from miles away, there'll be nothing for him to do about it. Each card generates an explosion comparable to a hand grenade and he knows card tricks, flipping a whole deck arround will leave nothing standing

KingD19
Yeah, you can't even lock onto Remy's mind because of the constant flow of kinetic energy running through his body. X's powers shouldn't work on him at all, and with Remy's speed and skill, if they do fight, X goes down.

bwahaha_guy
x wins and even if that was a fight he would still win he wont be standing and waiting for gambit to throw his cards he will lock on gambits mind he will know when and where exactly gambit is going to throw his first card then he will not only avoid it but attack right after that ending gambits life and he can counter anything gambit will throwat him if he was able to counter 2 fighters at once while 1 of them had a machine gun he will destroy gambit

Wild Shadow
gambit also has his fair share of bullet feats and a similar multiple laser blocking similar to X's bullet blocking...

gambit has also fought some hard fights with multiple fighters inside a room with a floating wall of balls that were shooting lasers at him while fighting an alien tech enhanced mercenary..

the ninjak
Good idea making this an escape fight compared to the Batman one.
Gambit gets away.

bwahaha_guy
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
gambit also has his fair share of bullet feats and a similar multiple laser blocking similar to X's bullet blocking...

gambit has also fought some hard fights with multiple fighters inside a room with a floating wall of balls that were shooting lasers at him while fight an alien tech enhanced mercenary..

so? how will it help him fight someone who can read his moves ? are you saying he is more agile faster and more skilled then wolverine? because wolverine got owned by x without being able to land a single hit on him or taskmaster or black widow or against 2 people at once or against namora or against a room full of people his body isjust outomatically reacts to everything and until now we didnt see someone who is too fast or agile for him the only way someone out fought x is due to either some plot device or PIS which egnolege his powers and how they work x is just on another level

bwahaha_guy
Originally posted by the ninjak
Good idea making this an escape fight compared to the Batman one.
Gambit gets away.

gambit cant get away x read his mind and his moves he will know where is gambit going to throw his card or where he will trytogoxwill just use it to built his own strategy and catch gambit and kill him he is on another level then gambit

Wild Shadow
i have a real hard time believing x can even lock onto gambit's thoughts or neurons...

here are examples of what i mean.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4563/uncannyxmen27605dt3.jpg

http://img195.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-21304/loc172/49211_007_122_172lo.jpg

bwahaha_guy
x will be able to do that if he was able to lock into wolverines mind who show resistance to telepathy he will be able to do it to gambit as well

the ninjak
Originally posted by bwahaha_guy
x will be able to do that if he was able to lock into wolverines mind who show resistance to telepathy he will be able to do it to gambit as well

You saying X is a better telepath than Xavier!
He said himself great discomfort for both of us. At close range. Remy would already be on the run.

bwahaha_guy
mister x wont try to actually entergambit mind and try todo something like profesor x does he will just lock into his mind in order to readhis moves thats much easier then actually go into his mind and try tosolve something like proffesor x always does and yet again x showed the ability tolock into wolverine mind who got telepathy protection see psylocke failing to get into his mind

manx422
Gambit

bwahaha_guy
mister x

the ninjak
Originally posted by bwahaha_guy
mister x wont try to actually entergambit mind and try todo something like profesor x does he will just lock into his mind in order to readhis moves thats much easier then actually go into his mind and try tosolve something like proffesor x always does and yet again x showed the ability tolock into wolverine mind who got telepathy protection see psylocke failing to get into his mind

How is he going to enter his mind and read his moves if Xavier himself had a hard time getting in. Plus Gambit is just trying to get away.
Making the link even harder!
Gambit wins the loot and quite possibly a confrontation!

bwahaha_guy
proffesor x had trouble but he could, mister x is just locking into his mind he is not doing a journy in his mind like the proffesor he just kock into it and then readall gambit moves, if gambit is trying to escape he needs a plan which will be based on moves and and x reads his moves he will know what gambit is about to do and beat him to it

and if they fight x will kill him right after gambit throws his first card without his cards hand2hand its an overkill for x

the ninjak
Mister X is peak human.
Gambit has enhanced biology. Due to energy flowing though his body he has enhanced Stamina, Endurance, Strength and Agility.
Your scenario is but a one sided wish.
Gambit will out run and escape X.
And do you have a PhD in comic book telepathy?
MrX's telepathic connection isn't more advanced than Xavier's.
All X would get is a static visual of what Remy's moves would be.
Gambit wins on both accounts.
Logan and Sabertooth recognise Remy's fighting skills.

bwahaha_guy
Originally posted by the ninjak
Mister X is peak human.
Gambit has enhanced biology. Due to energy flowing though his body he has enhanced Stamina, Endurance, Strength and Agility.
Your scenario is but a one sided wish.
Gambit will out run and escape X.
And do you have a PhD in comic book telepathy?
MrX's telepathic connection isn't more advanced than Xavier's.
All X would get is a static visual of what Remy's moves would be.
Gambit wins on both accounts.
Logan and Sabertooth recognise Remy's fighting skills.

prove he is a peak human , judging by his feats he is as fast as his oponnent and even faster because his powers aoutomatically lock into his oponnents moves, so you are saying gambit is faster then wolverine and namora? allow me to laughat that because x will just lock into him and own him the way heowned everybody he fought gambit never show anything superior mister x abilities without his powers which is deflecting bullets, avoiding machine gun fire from 2 oponnents from different directions (got nothing to do with reading minds its speed and agility ) and as i said before he will just lock into gambit and counter all his moves which part of that cant you understand? this is what he does he reads his oponnent mind and reacts to his moves i would give it a fair amount of thinking if we would say flash vs mister x but gambit? who the f^ck is gambit compared to wolverine or namora give me a break

the ninjak
heh heh ........relax son!
I know you like to but I don't feel like repeating myself.
He can read the future with his card tarot style.
Can blow the living crap out of a PEAK human.
Can hypnotise people who aren't aware of the ability.
Can change to his Death form like Archangel apparently at will.
X is outclassed!

Again, gambit doesnt have to throw individual cards, he can flip the whole deck and destroy the area. x has never come out on top of people with enrgy projection, range and area attacs. Just remeber his fight with songbird. Gambit can swallow the battlefield with explosions and x cant make it through them.

Wild Shadow
dodging machine gun fire and agility...

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5858/gambit01239ar.jpg

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9139/gambit05115fh.jpg

reaction speed blocking riptides attacks

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2532/444788-x_men034p05_super.jpg

catches an explosive rounds and throws it back

http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=97259_X-Men_3001_-_Rubicon_-_33_122_528lo.jpg

there is a scan somewhere maybe some one has it of gambit blocking multiple wpns fire with his staff ala mister X...

Battlehammer
what about remy's bio energy aura that creates static field around his mind?

maybe that could keep X from locking onto his neurons..
doubtful, people have enter his mind before and x had no trouble reading people who have shown greater TP defense then gambit

KingD19
Originally posted by Battlehammer
doubtful, people have enter his mind before and x had no trouble reading people who have shown greater TP defense then gambit

So what about it taking Xavier intense concentration, and causing himself and Gambit pain to read his mind? Somebody who took over Gladiator's mind couldn't mess with Gambit's head. You should stop playing X past his potential, IF took him down rather easily, even while he could supposedly read his mind.

Battlehammer
i have a real hard time believing x can even lock onto gambit's thoughts or neurons...

here are examples of what i mean.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4563/uncannyxmen27605dt3.jpg

http://img195.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-21304/loc172/49211_007_122_172lo.jpg
He said the same thing about wolverine and even had trouble when wolverine was allowing him to. He also has prevented nova from enter his mind ect. X had no trouble at all reading his mind. To assume Gambit will be able to prevent x is quite the stretch and pylocke has gone into gmabit head before. Also the way X train his powers work there really nothing TP blocks, natural defenses cna do about it. It a lot different then trying to read a person entire mind.

steverules_2
The only way wolverine could beat Mister X was going into rage mode....wolverine said when he gets angry and raged up even he doesn't know what his next move will be

Battlehammer
Originally posted by KingD19
So what about it taking Xavier intense concentration, and causing himself and Gambit pain to read his mind? Somebody who took over Gladiator's mind couldn't mess with Gambit's head.

For off gladiator been mind raped several times.

Second Xavier said the same thing about wolverine and even with wolverines help was having trouble entering wolverines mind.

So this arguement based on xavier comment holds little weight. It not the same thing what X does and what prof x was talking about. Reading base thoughts is much easier and natural defenses don't seem to block such things.

You should stop playing X past his potential, IF took him down rather easily, even while he could supposedly read his mind.
This is fresh coming from someone who using the one issue which contradicts his entire history as your base for X's abilities.

And no X could not read IF, it was even stated. This was however PIS X trained his powers to combat the very ways IF was able to beat him. It was the only issue written by Reember who clearly never did his homework on any of the thunderbolt charactes and was some of the most PIS filled and bad characterizations I have ever seen.

snoopdogg
Gambit wins.

Aries_04
X wins

Silent Master
Gambit's resistance to TP is from a different source than Wolverine's, therefore Mr X being able to read Logan isn't proof that he'd be able to read Gambit.

StyleTime
All Gambit has to do is escape. Mr. X is good, but I don't see him stopping Gambit from leaving honestly.

Uriel005
forget the deck of cards Mr. Gambit touches the tower and sets it to blow and jumps out a window.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Silent Master
Gambit's resistance to TP is from a different source than Wolverine's, therefore Mr X being able to read Logan isn't proof that he'd be able to read Gambit.
But it proof that he can block X, because prof x had trouble enter completely into his mind?

No X being able to read him is not definite proof, true, but it goes a long way to suggesting he can. Logan has numerous defenses against telepaths, much more so the gambit.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by StyleTime
All Gambit has to do is escape. Mr. X is good, but I don't see him stopping Gambit from leaving honestly.
I agree.

Uriel005
Like I said gambit touches tower off and jumps out a window and nukes the place. Gambit has higher mobility feats than X imo.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Uriel005
Like I said gambit touches tower off and jumps out a window and nukes the place. Gambit has higher mobility feats than X imo.
He also has vastly more showings. Gambit has no advantage in mobility, do you know how fast Mr.X is?

Now don't go listening to ninja nonsenses above, he had literally no idea what he was talking about.

Still going with the AoE on onslaught for Gambit.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by 753
Still going with the AoE on onslaught for Gambit.
?

srankmissingnin
area of effect

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
area of effect
Thanks. Gambit wins this, he only need to evade x which he likely could.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
But it proof that he can block X, because prof x had trouble enter completely into his mind?

No X being able to read him is not definite proof, true, but it goes a long way to suggesting he can. Logan has numerous defenses against telepaths, much more so he gambit.

Multiple TP users having trouble reading Gambit would be evidence that Mr X might have problems, however reading Wolverine wouldn't be evidence for Mr X being able to read Gambit, because Wolverine and Gambit's resistance don't have the same source.

Dum Dum Dugan
Multiple TP users having trouble reading Gambit would be evidence that Mr X might have problems, however reading Wolverine wouldn't be evidence for Mr X being able to read Gambit, because Wolverine and Gambit's resistance don't have the same source.
Wolverine has far more defenses against TP ranging from organic to artificial. He also has the better TP resistant feats as well. So this suggestion that gambit can resist his TP is unfounded. He locks on brain impulse and minitors most basic thoughts. These are not nearly as difficult as enter ones mind.

His powers also worked agaisnt DP who also has better TP feats then gambit is literally insane......

Then he was capable of using his powers against black widow despite the fact she was able to hide who she really was from Normandy Osborn and hammer, who have numerous telepaths.

Silent Master
Wolverine has different defenses than Gambit, so Mr X being able to get past Logan's defenses is worthless when trying to determine if Mr X can get past Gambit's.

Dum Dum Dugan
Wolverine has different defenses than Gambit, so Mr X being able to get past Logan's defenses is worthless when trying to determine if Mr X can get past Gambit's.
The fact there different is irrelevant. we know Wolverines are better. We know X has read several individuals with superior TP resistance's to gambit. He also automatically locks on to brain impulses, there no defending against that.

no your logic is simply silly. By your logic if Emma consistently showm the ability to mind rape professor X, that is worthless in an argument on weather emma can mind rape Elektra, because her TP comes from a different source. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Prep-Man
Gambit.

Silent Master
The fact there different is irrelevant. we know Wolverines are better. We know X has read several individuals with superior TP resistance's to gambit. He also automatically locks on to brain impulses, there no defending against that.

no your logic is simply silly. By your logic if Emma consistently showm the ability to mind rape professor X, that is worthless in an argument on weather emma can mind rape Elektra, because her TP comes from a different source. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Them being different isn't irrelevant.

Example, Metal is superior to glass, yet guess what happens when you put Sulfuric acid in tubes made from each.

Silent Master

Dum Dum Dugan
Them being different isn't irrelevant.

Example, Metal is superior to glass, yet guess what happens when you put Sulfuric acid in tubes made from each.
To bad were talking about comic characters and not elements and acid. Thats not how it works in comics. Also that not how it works the majority of the time period. Simply because something is different does not make it immune, especially if it not as impressive to begin with. Your arguement strings completely on the fact it is different. So you think it more reasonable to think Gambit will magically be immune to X powers, despite the fact many individuals with superior TP resistances of been unable to do so. Also not simply better TP defenses, but also numerous ones. Wolverine has friggin displayed 3 or more types of TP resistance each against individuals more impressive then Gambit has done.

Dum Dum Dugan

Silent Master
To bad were talking about comic characters and not elements and acid. Thats not how it works in comics. Also that not how it works the majority of the time period. Simply because something is different does not make it immune, especially if it not as impressive to begin with. Your arguement strings completely on the fact it is different. So you think it more reasonable to think Gambit will magically be immune to X powers, despite the fact many individuals with superior TP resistances of been unable to do so. Also not simply better TP defenses, but also numerous ones. Wolverine has friggin displayed 3 or more types of TP resistance each against individuals more impressive then Gambit has done.

I think having multiple examples of TP users having trouble reading Gambit vs 0 examples of Mr X being able to read someone with Gambit's defenses is enough to call his ability into question.

Dum Dum Dugan
I think having multiple examples of TP users having trouble reading Gambit vs 0 examples of Mr X being able to read someone with Gambit's defenses is enough to call his ability into question.
No it not, your arguements stupid. Becuase it never happen means he won't magically. How is it saver to assume gambit powers magically cancel out Mister X, despite the fact X has read several individuals with great TP resistance.

What more logical? That mister X will read Gambit like he read several individuals we superior TP resistance, or that for some untold reason gambit magically immune to Mister x.

Those same TP user have been completely block by wolverine, but x still read him all the same. Again when has anyone ever tried to read gambit basic thoughts, and lock onto his brain impulse? oh that right never, but magically you assume he protected despite the fact the character in question has read individual who have no sold the same telepaths to great extent then gambit and also more times.

Silent Master
Again, Wolverine isn't proof, as his defenses aren't the same as Gambit's.

Dum Dum Dugan
Again, Wolverine isn't proof, as his defenses aren't the same as Gambit's.
But your logic is not sound. Why would we assume that individual who could easily read people like wolverine, shown the ability to read deadpool, taskmaster ect. two of which have superior TP resistances. But magically Gambit going to be immune? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Honestly do you get how stupid it sounds. There is far more evidence for it working, then it magically not working, all you have is"it different" as if that so how makes powers magically not work. Honestly based on your logic Emma can't telepathy assault elektra becuase her powers "different", honest look how stupid that arguement is..........

Silent Master
They don't have the same type of defenses that Gambit does, so why should anyone accept them as proof?

Dum Dum Dugan
They don't have the same type of defenses that Gambit does, so why should anyone accept them as proof?
Your just trolling now, there no way your this stupid.

They do have similar defenses, all of which posses TP resistance. Why should they be accepted as evidence for why it is more likely it will work then won't?

The fact they have better TP resistance. The have better feats, they ahve better feats against the same telepaths. So if he can easily read a number of people with an assortment of different tp defenses, and abilities surpassing gambit own, then that suggest he should have no difficulty reading Gambit.

But oh no that not logical, it far more likely that gambit randomly for some unknown reason posses immunity to Mister X telepathy. Yes that make sense, that it more likely that Gambit posses a secret immunity to mister X telepathy roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silent Master

Uriel005
I think Gambits big advantage is battlefield control. X's power doesn't help if Gambit starts nuking the field. He controls where X goes and traps him in one big bang that he can't escape.

Dum Dum Dugan
Again his brand of defense is irrelevant, they have never shown to be more effect then wolverine, deadpool ect. You keep going on about how it different this and that. However can you provide even one instance in which Gambit TP defense work while wolverines did not?

Because if that has never happen why would it magical occur with mister X? Your entire arguement is built upon an argument that has never even remotely been proven to be true.

SO what if it different? When has that difference have shown to be more effective in blocking telepathy then wolverine?

Hell we even have direct comparisons between the two against the same telepaths and guess what wolverine feats trump gambits.

So please stop with this strawman arguement. Proof it.

Silent Master
Prove that Gambit's type of defense is irrelevant to Mr X.

KingD19
Doesn't the constant kinetic energy flowing through Gambit's body make it nearly impossible for high end TP's to get through his head?

And I'm pretty sure if he wants to, he can move faster than X can react to.

Dum Dum Dugan
Prove that Gambit's type of defense is irrelevant to Mr X.
I dont have to. Your entire argument hinges upon the idea that Gambit TP resistances coming from a different source then wolverine, gives him special resistance against certain types of telepathy. Prove it.

Your entire arguement is based on that one fact, however it has never shown to be more effective in any telepathic setting when compared to wolverime. So your entire arguement is based off speculation that is supported by nothing. However your speculation does contradict what has occurred on pannle such as wolverine showing superior TP resistance to gambit with both professor X and psylocke.

Silent Master
Yes you do, seeing as you've been saying that Mr X can read Gambit and that his defenses are irrelevant for over a page now.

Dum Dum Dugan
Doesn't the constant kinetic energy flowing through Gambit's body make it nearly impossible for high end TP's to get through his head?
It gives him tp resistance but not even on the level of wolverine.

The event you are refferring to was when psylocke attempted to enter gambit mind, however psylocke at the time was not that powerful as telepath and she got pretty deep into his head.

Silent Master
Which IIRC was right after he woke up from a coma so he probably wasn't at full strength and I believe he was able to cut the connection.

King Castle
i only recall Psylocke entering his mind when Gambit was comatose and his defenses had dropped.. Psylocke even stated that his kinetic field even while unconscious made it near impossible to enter let alone if gambit was awake.

she went into his mind and was only in for a few seconds before gambit realized she was in his dreams/memories and kicked her out and shut up his mind.

Silent Master
Originally posted by King Castle
i only recall Psylocke entering his mind when Gambit was comatose and his defenses had dropped.. Psylocke even stated that his kinetic field even while unconscious made it near impossible to enter let alone if gambit was awake.

she went into his mind and was only in for a few seconds before gambit realized she was in his dreams/memories and kicked her out and shut up his mind.

Ah, I was slightly mistaken then, I had thought he'd just woken up.

King Castle
he woke up a few seconds later grabbing psylocke and threatening her for entering his mind without his permission..

KingD19
Thae makes his TP defenses seem pretty high, possibly too much for X. And he's a better fighter as well. On top of that, he can make things go boom. He's got too much going not to take a majority.

Silent Master

Dum Dum Dugan
Yes you do, seeing as you've been saying that Mr X can read Gambit and that his defenses are irrelevant for over a page now.
Yes and I given logical reasoning. Wolverine has better tp resistant feats, he has better direct comparisons between how he did compared with specific telepaths and how well gambit did. It is a fact wolverine TP resistance is better.

So if mister x can easily read wolverine mind, who has superior tp resistance, why on earth would one believe gambit stood a chance of being immune?

Because his TP resistance comes form a different source? Yet there is zero evidence that this difference has ever proven to be more effective then wolverine defense in no circumstance nor against similar opponents . However you expect me to believe despite all the contradiction and complete lack of evidence for your argument, that the most likely scenario is that Gambit has magical resistance to Mister X? Are you kidding me

KingD19
In my opinion, reading minds or brain impulses or muscle movement, whatever they finally decided X did, will be nigh impossible with a constant and highly concentrated coating of kinetic energy scrambling everything.

King Castle
http://img195.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-3721/loc172/49211_007_122_172lo.jpg

Silent Master
Yes and I given logical reasoning.

No you haven't.

What Gambit feats are you comparing them too?

Dum Dum Dugan
Thae makes his TP defenses seem pretty high, possibly too much for X. .
......yea if you completely leave out the context that psylocke was not a very powerful telepath in the least bit at the time.

Yes he going to some how be to much for X, but wolverine who has superior tp resistant feats, and against the same individuals no less, was unable to keep him out. Then there also DP instance as well, another person consider almost impossible to read and Mister X powers worked fine.

Silent Master
You still haven't mentioned what Gambit feats you're using for comparison.

Dum Dum Dugan
You still haven't mentioned what Gambit feats you're using for comparison.
one posted above as well as the psylocke feat.

Silent Master
You mean when Gambit was comatose and his defenses had dropped.

Ok, what TP user has Wolverine resisted while he was comatose with dropped defenses?

juggernaut74
Gambit beat DareDevil and Blade once back in the day iirc. so he can give X a good run and maybe wins.

Dum Dum Dugan
http://img195.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-3721/loc172/49211_007_122_172lo.jpg
yes and? what is this suppose to proof.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Gambit beat DareDevil and Blade once back in the day iirc. so he can give X a good run and maybe wins.
He wins becuase of the scnerio.

He never beat DD, nor did he beat Blade. He did get his ass kicked by Bullseye.

Silent Master
At a time when his powers were acting up and he didn't want to fight.

You keep leaving out the context.

Dum Dum Dugan
You mean when Gambit was comatose and his defenses had dropped.

Ok, what TP user has Wolverine resisted while he was comatose with dropped defenses?
I don't recall him being comatose, in fact I find it doubtful. He woke up during it. She was attempting to excess his mind in his sleep. She got in, and it was a city land scape and she began walking around yad yad, and then she sensed someone fallowing her and it was Remy. Then he woke up I believe and she disconnected with him and he threaten her I believe.

That would have no baring on Remy TP defense. It a passive ability. Also I dont believe he was comatose.

Wolverine actually let Proffessor X into his mind and was trying to assist the professor and still he could barly venture it. That feat completely trumps anythign remy has or will ever do. Wolverine was trying to actively lower is defenses to boot.

Dum Dum Dugan

You keep leaving out the context.
His powers werent acting up. Bullseye just raped him. in fact he even tried to use his cards on bullseye but bullseye casually caught them and launch them back. He then forced to fight bullseye up close and got man handle in like 3 pannels.

I havent been missing any context. I been actually assisting others who were mistaken events.

Notice how you said nothing about some stating Remy beat Blade ass. I thought you were the context police?

Silent Master

Silent Master
His powers werent acting up.

I refuse to debate a liar.

The fight happened during the New Sun storyline and yes his powers were in fact acting up during that part of the story arc.

King Castle
He wins becuase of the scnerio.

He never beat DD, nor did he beat Blade. He did get his ass kicked by Bullseye. i recall they stalemated.

DD attacked gambit, gambit turned the situation toward his advantage hitting back Dd in mid air exchanging blows as they landed and called a truce to get constrictor... the Blade incident was the same Blade threw a knife and attacked Gambit while he was lighting a cigarette they fought for a few panels parrying one another.. Gambit landed on his feet with a smirk while blade landed on his hands and feet..

gambit mockingly asked if he was the "Bat" man..

The bullseye one Gambit was on the run being chased by a bunch of mercenaries for days, hired by the new son.

he was tired and exhausted on the on panel fight he had with Bullseye was actually a delirium of his while he was unconscious reliving the fight...

plus his powers were fritzing on and off due to the green mist girl inhabiting his body.

Dum Dum Dugan
I refuse to debate a liar.
I not lying, I dont recall them acting up. Though I may have it on my computer and can double check. I could have been mistaken, but I don't think so.

Silent Master
I not lying, I dont recall them acting up. Though I may have it on my computer and can double check. I could have been mistaken, but I don't think so.

Points to the post above you.

juggernaut74

You keep leaving out the context. I think you're right. His powers were acting up.

Silent Master
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I think you're right.

Thank you.

That makes two feats where Dum Dum Dugan was "mistaken".

Dum Dum Dugan
Thank you.

That makes two feats where Dum Dum Dugan was "mistaken".
what were the two feats?

Silent Master
Bullseye and Psylocke

Dum Dum Dugan
So are people trying to argue that gambit has superior TP resistance to Wolverine, because he gunna need better if he hopes to block Mister X telepathy.

Silent Master
You haven't provided any feats of a comatose Wolverine with dropped defenses resisting a TP user.

King Castle
no just that his TP resistance is different then logan due to an energy field and kinetic bio field which could mask his neural impulses..

since its bn said his field is like a static wall..

i just think that some one who locks to a certain energy frequency (neurons) may have a hard time to find it when another energy field is in front of it and mixed with bio kinetic energy

Dum Dum Dugan
no just that his TP resistance is different then logan due to an energy field and kinetic bio field which could mask his neural impulses..

since its bn said his field is like a static wall..

i just think that some one who locks to a certain energy frequency (neurons) may have a hard time to find it when another energy field is in front of it and mixed with bio kinetic energy

Yet when has this ever proven more effective against any type of telepathy then Wolverine? never? he my problem you guys are assuming things based off of nothing. So what we are to assume that even though Gambit has neevr displayed superior telepathy defense to wolverine, he magically going to be immune to Mister X? come on man, think about it. We can't simply assume a character will have some special immunity special when he never shown such abilites.

yes and? is that impressive?

except there zero evidence of this and you do realise he also a telepath to right?

Silent Master
So far, you keep calling Wolverine's TP defense superior, but you've failed to post any valid feats.

Dum Dum Dugan
You haven't provided any feats of a comatose Wolverine with dropped defenses resisting a TP user.
Why do i need to? Remy TP defense is passive ability. Him being comatose would have zero effect on his tp resistance. But you can keep stating that over and over and pretend that some how makes it more impressive it doesent.

Wolverine let proffessor X and even aided him in traveling through his mind and still Professor X was have crazy difficulties and even need wolverine assistances to break so mental barriers of his. Even then his advancements were extremely slow and took on told amount of sessions. This single feat blows anything remy done out of the water.

Silent Master
Because it's the basis for your entire argument that Mr X will be able to read Gambit.

And when has Prof X ever read Gambit's mind?

Dum Dum Dugan
Because it's the basis for your entire argument that Mr X will be able to read Gambit.

And when has Prof X ever read Gambit's mind?

Yes is psylockje was able to enter completely into his head it does not bold well for his resistances to Mister X. His abilities were still in effected, pretending him being out does not magically make his powers disapear.

when has he ever tried? Your problem is you assoiciate people neevr trying as not being able to, which is absurd.

But dont worry and stay tuned I be back in a few, to put this silly thing to rest.

Silent Master
So this

but wolverine who has superior tp resistant feats, and against the same individuals no less,

Was another "mistake"?

Dum Dum Dugan
here are two feat that are more impressive by far.

Wolverine scar tissue
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6827/xmos1oroborosdcp009bj1.th.jpg http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/6418/xmos1oroborosdcp010wj8.th.jpg http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/561/xmos1oroborosdcp012qk2.th.jpg http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6567/xmos1oroborosdcp013xl3.th.jpg
Willpower
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2193/wolverine125willpowerta9.jpg

Silent Master
Where are the scans of Gambit failing in the same circumstances?

Dum Dum Dugan
Where are the scans of Gambit failing in the same circumstances?
I never said he failed, i said wolverine had better feats and he does by a lot. Gambit can't touch either of those feats and the sad part is thats nothing.

so were this impressive TP resistances that Gambit suposed to posses which allows him to block individual who can easily read the mind of wolverine. I mean so far nothing posted for gambit even comes close to either of those feats

Silent Master
You still haven't backed up this claim.

but wolverine who has superior tp resistant feats, and against the same individuals no less.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wolverine v3 #46

The legendary level 9 psi-shields.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8756/wolverine46017.th.jpg

Giant-Size Avengers Special #1 (repost)

Here they are mentioned again by a different writer.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8874/giantsizeavengers001035kt6.th.jpg

Dum Dum Dugan
You still haven't backed up this claim.
I backed haft of it, I looking for scans now.

Though reguardless, feats I posted put Wolverine league above Gambit in TP resistance unless you can prove other wise.

Silent Master
So you admit that you were once again "mistaken"?

Dum Dum Dugan
So you admit that you were once again "mistaken"?
nope in fact the issue for proffessor x feat is Weapon x # 2

You really enjoy red herring, notice your not to keen to discuss how gambit tp stands a chance when his feats are vastly below wolverine. Hmm interesting how much stock you put into gambit TP resistance and yet all you to show is nothing.........

Silent Master
Seeing as your claim was

wolverine who has superior tp resistant feats, and against the same individuals no less,

Feel free to post the scan of Prof X being able to read Gambit's mind in Weapon x # 2.

Dum Dum Dugan
Seeing as your claim was

Feel free to post the scan of Prof X being able to read Gambit's mind in Weapon x # 2.
So how does that change the fact that wolverine also has other TP feat much more impressive then Gambits own?

I never said I was posting gambit feats. thats on you son. I can't prove negative. It up to you to prove that his TP is up to snub which from what you shown so far is not gunna cut it.

Notice you keep focusing on rather irrelevent event, for I have proven already Wolveriens feats>>>>>gambits unless you have evidence that says other wise, but let be honest you got nothing.

Silent Master
Again, you claimed that Wolverine had better feats against "the same individuals". you have failed to back this claim up.

Dum Dum Dugan
Again, you claimed that Wolverine had better feats against "the same individuals". you have failed to back this claim up. http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/th_Psylocke04-011.jpg
no I dident, i simply did not have the scan, get off your lazy ass an look it up.

What have you post as evidence so far nothing. In fact all you do is whine to me.

It not my job to post gambit feats thats all on you.

Yes I said same individual, and your point? That does not mean I need to post your side of the debate as well dam man. You bring nothing to the table.

Silent Master
no I dident, .

Yes, you did.

wolverine who has superior tp resistant feats, and against the same individuals no less,

Let me guess, you were "mistaken"?

Dum Dum Dugan
Yes, you did.

Let me guess, you were "mistaken"?

I not mistaken and stop playing games. I said he had superior feats of TP resistances as well as when compared to TP user they both have come into contact with.

I provided evidence a great amount of it for why wolverien TP is superior, which clearly you have not been paying attention or you would have come to the relization that each of the different TP defences wolverine possess I have post, and each feat aside form perhaps one is superior to any thing Remy done and he only using fraction of his TP defenses to boot.

Also I posted the issue for prof X feat and I also post the psylocke feat which was far more impressive then Remy. keep up. I post more then enough evidence to support my arguement by far, while you brought nothing forward.

Silent Master
Your claim involved them against the "same individuals" so far you haven't provided any such feats.

Gambit was comatose during the Pyslocke feat, so it doesn't count and you have provided no feat of Prof X reading Gambit's mind.

Dum Dum Dugan
Your claim involved them against the "same individuals" so far you haven't provided any such feats.
I did provide scans, your just a twit.

Did or did you not see my psylocke scan? do you just enjoy playing ignorant?

So lets see so far I provided number of source each of which destroy any of the scans prevented for remy. One of the scans I post was Wolverine no selling a much more powerful psylocke using her most powerful attack and still to ne advail, Remy on the other hand did defense were incapable of preventing Psylocke entry into his mind.

Silent Master
Unless Wolverine was comatose in the Psylocke scan(which he wasn't), it doesn't count.

IOW, You have provided no valid scans of Wolverine doing better than Gambit against common foes.

Dum Dum Dugan

Gambit was comatose during the Pyslocke feat, so it doesn't count and you have provided no feat of Prof X reading Gambit's mind.
No I claimed they had interaction with some of the same telepaths psylocke and proffessor x if particular.

I never once suggested I would post any feats of remy, thats retarded, thats all you. I not debating your side as well. Not my fault your evidence is lacking.

I did produce such a feat, wolverine tanking psylocke and I gave issue number for pressor x feat. Not sure why you keep trying to pretend I did not post them.

Why does it not count? it a passive ability. Him being comatose has no baring on it effectiveness. Though come on keep repeating the same excuse it not going to make it any more true the 10 time you say it.

Prof X never read his mind, i even said that was the feat. That statement is the feat.

So if you had not come to the conclusion yet, Gambit has has almost no TP feats and the ones he has are garbage. So please explain to me how he supose to block Mister X when wolverine who several times better at resisting telepathy then Gambit can't?

Silent Master
No, you claimed

wolverine who has superior tp resistant feats, and against the same individuals no less.

As of yet, you have provided no valid feats to back this up.

Dum Dum Dugan
Unless Wolverine was comatose in the Psylocke scan(which he wasn't), it doesn't count.

IOW, You have provided no valid scans of Wolverine doing better than Gambit against common foes.
Dude u saying it does not count, mean nothing. You brought nothing to the table. thjere zero evidence that Comatose state neggatively effects his TP resistance in fact it based off his power which is constant. The idea that comatose weaken this defense it unfounded. Not to mention that is pretty much his only active feat.....of TP resistance, so if this does not count he has nothing else.

yes I did, the psylocke scan but you keep trying to ignore it, but it quite clear vastly more impressive then Rem feat Psylocke was many times stronger now then she was then and he took a direct pych knife to the face. Please explain to me how on earth that is not more impressive then having a far weaker version of the same character enter well within remmy brain?

Dum Dum Dugan
No, you claimed

As of yet, you have provided no valid feats to back this up.
yes against psylocke. Also with proffessor x, but remy never displayed his ability it was merely stated. But non he less the issue I post feat destroy that little hyberbole comment by Proffessor X out of the water.

Dum Dum Dugan
Wolverine has vastl superior TP resistances fact. Mister X was able to easily read wolverien mind fact> Remy TP resistance feats are garbage fact. Mister x will read him like a book all day.

Silent Master
I see, you're just going to keep lying and refusing to back up claims.

You are now on ignore.

Dum Dum Dugan
awesome troll, you had no evidence to back up your carguements so you pretend like I did not provide evidence classic. Must suck not to have any evidence to back up your claims and troll when things don't go your way. Have fun being waste of space.

Dum Dum Dugan
So here evidence that Wolverine TP resistances is far above Remy. Mister X has no problems read Wolverine mind with utter easy, and there as been no evidence present suggesting Remy mind stands any such chance at remaining unread by X.

here are two feat that are more impressive by far.

Wolverine scar tissue
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6827/xmos1oroborosdcp009bj1.th.jpg http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/6418/xmos1oroborosdcp010wj8.th.jpg http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/561/xmos1oroborosdcp012qk2.th.jpg http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6567/xmos1oroborosdcp013xl3.th.jpg
Willpower
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2193/wolverine125willpowerta9.jpg

Dum Dum Dugan
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/th_Psylocke04-011.jpg

Silent Master
Posting multiple times after you know the other person has you on ignore, real mature, as such I'm giving 10 to 1 odds that both posts probably contain lies name calling.

Dum Dum Dugan
Gambit win via scenerio, however Mister X reads him like an open book, though for all the good it does him, for gambit must simply run away which he is more then capable. However in terms of Mister X TP it would have great effects upon Remy. Hell it was effective against Wolverine who has the scans show is extremely formiable against telepathy. Remy not so much, he lacks many feats and the ones he has are meh. Cant believe someone tried to argue Remy people about to prevent X from reading his mind. That is laughable.

the ninjak
Never knew Remy had decent TP defences. smile
Dudes a freakin all rounder to the MAX!

This is a close fight. Due to blast radius damage. Remy 6/10

Sin I AM
Im giving the win to the Cajun. Although impressive, Mr. X is just outclassed here. IMO its pis/cis that he even held a candle to Logan i mean come on he's what only peak human? Logan should be able to outlast him in the least. Gambit wins due to superior stats all around

Silent Master
Looking back, I'm still trying to figure out what claims I was supposed to back up, seeing as I only said that given other TP users problems reading Gambit that Mr X might have trouble. The rest was me trying to get someone to back up their actual claims.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Im giving the win to the Cajun. Although impressive, Mr. X is just outclassed here. IMO its pis/cis that he even held a candle to Logan i mean come on he's what only peak human? Logan should be able to outlast him in the least. Gambit wins due to superior stats all around

Why do you say he peak human? there zero evidence of this in any comic. In fact all the evidence says he superhuman if anything........so no it not pis or cis, your simply ignorant of the characters abilities.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.