void vs surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Simbon
They fight in space; Surfer gets to read SHIELD's file on sentry/void before the fight (so he knows what he's up against going in), and has momentarily forgotten that he is a pacifist. Can the cosmic hippie take down the cosmic crab? Please give reasons more detailed than X stomps, or Y can manipulate molecules (since they both do this).

Digi
No set power level for Sentry/Void means we don't really know. Anything else is speculation, though educated guesses as to what might happen are always valid.

You probably will have better luck with this in a month or two, once Sentry/Void vs. Thor/Marvel Earth is decided.

Bouboumaster
Well, right now, I'ld give it to Surfer: Sentry got beaten by Hulk, and Surfer would murder Hulk.

I know, it's ABC logic, but that's all I can say for now.

Slaanesh
probably Void..Void seems to handle Thor without much trouble..and Thor is around Surfer level..

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Slaanesh
probably Void..Void seems to handle Thor without much trouble..and Thor is around Surfer level..

Still, Beta Ray Bill was said to be equal (or almost) to Thor, and recently, he opened a flavored Silver Surfer can of whoop-ass.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Still, Beta Ray Bill was said to be equal (or almost) to Thor, and recently, he opened a flavored Silver Surfer can of whoop-ass.

i actually think Surfer is more powerful than Thor because of that fight..but still..in Seige #3..Void looks so terrifying..even Thor can't really harm him..he seems to be on a whole different level..

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Simbon
They fight in space; Surfer gets to read SHIELD's file on sentry/void before the fight (so he knows what he's up against going in), he has CA he dont' need that.... erm

Bouboumaster
i actually think Surfer is more powerful than Thor because of that fight..but still..in Seige #3..Void looks so terrifying..even Thor can't really harm him..he seems to be on a whole different level..

You have a point. Hmm...

I'll still give it to Surfer, but I can be wrong.. Can't wait to next month!

carver9
Void Sentry wins this 10/10 and easily if I might add.

Two different levels of beastly.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by carver9
Void Sentry wins this 10/10 ...you are Wrong Sir erm

carver9
Originally posted by nicamarvin
...you are Wrong Sir erm

confused
http://www.imagebam.com/image/5021c172371563/

Now tell me, what is the Surfer going to do?

JakeTheBank
10/10?

Hell, the Thor Void roughed up on wasn't even 100%, so you can't even really say Void beats Thor 10/10 as he's still pretty undefined as of right now. Of course, a few good feats make Sentry/Void abstract level, I guess.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
10/10?

Hell, the Thor Void roughed up on wasn't even 100%, so you can't even really say Void beats Thor 10/10 as he's still pretty undefined as of right now. Of course, a few good feats make Sentry/Void abstract level, I guess.

This proves that he is above high herald.

I cant see any heralds taking this as easily as Sentry did. Hell, Surfer got knocked through a ship by a hit similar to this from BRB.

Galan007
confused

Now tell me, what is the Surfer going to do? Not use a physical attack?

JakeTheBank

I cant see any heralds taking this as easily as Sentry did. Hell, Surfer got knocked through a ship by a hit similar to this from BRB.

People far less powerful than Sentry have shrugged off hammer blows from a weakened Thor or BRB. Doesn't make them above High Heralds.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
Not use a physical attack?

That was more than just a physical attack. You dont see the lightning coming off of Sentry's body.

nicamarvin
confused

Now tell me, what is the Surfer going to do? So...Juggs tanks those attaks also... smokin'

carver9
People far less powerful than Sentry have shrugged off hammer blows from a weakened Thor or BRB. Doesn't make them above High Heralds.

How much weakened was Thor and Sentry just stood there and took the lick knowing that it wasnt going to do anything to him.

You can already kind of tell whats going to happen. All of earth heros is going to have to gang up on Sentry and use a plot device to stop him (Osborn).

Galan007
That was more than just a physical attack. You dont see the lightning coming off of Sentry's body. A lightning-enchanted physical attack, is still a physical attack. Plus Thor was already weakened.

carver9
Originally posted by nicamarvin
So...Juggs tanks those attaks also... smokin'

I know Juggs tanked those shot. At best juggs have skyfather level durability, probably even higher than that.

carver9
A lightning-enchanted physical attack, is still a physical attack.

With a dose of magic behind it.

Blanket

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5021c172371563/ Jesus...

Thor was weakened in the Void scuffle...

Surfer was unaffected just like Void seemingly is, except Beta was at full power and hit Surfer with more than that.

Rulk took a full bor Odin Force Thor hammer attack straight to the face, and smiled about it, and that guy just got destroyed by Cosmo Hulk...

nicamarvin
At best juggs have skyfather level durability, probably even higher than that. FANBOY... erm

JakeTheBank
Thor, though Bendis might not know this, has much more to offer than simple hammer strikes and lightning barrages. Surfer even more so. Until I see Void using these vaunted "matter manipulation" powers everyone marks out for or doing something aside from ripping a 70 tonner in half, I just don't see him as this nigh omnipotent threat other people do.

Galan007
Thor, though Bendis might not know this, has much more to offer than simple hammer strikes and lightning barrages. Surfer even more so. Until I see Void using these vaunted "matter manipulation" powers everyone marks out for or doing something aside from ripping a 70 tonner in half, I just don't see him as this nigh omnipotent threat other people do. Hater. uhuh

carver9
Thor, though Bendis might not know this, has much more to offer than simple hammer strikes and lightning barrages. Surfer even more so. Until I see Void using these vaunted "matter manipulation" powers everyone marks out for or doing something aside from ripping a 70 tonner in half, I just don't see him as this nigh omnipotent threat other people do.

I'm not saying that he is omnipotent but I know for a fact that he is above high herald and above everyone that I listed on the other thread.

carver9
Originally posted by Blanket
Jesus...

Thor was weakened in the Void scuffle...

Surfer was unaffected just like Void seemingly is, except Beta was at full power and hit Surfer with more than that.

Rulk took a full bor Odin Force Thor hammer attack straight to the face, and smiled about it, and that guy just got destroyed by Cosmo Hulk...

Now name everything that Thor hammer busted through and crushed. Then I want you to think very hard on this.

Galan007
Now name everything that Thor hammer busted through and crushed. Then I want you to think very hard on this. A weakened Thor, you mean?

kgkg
I just don't see him as this nigh omnipotent threat other people do. That's exactly how Marvel is describing him atm though.

Digi
carver, lots of people have tanked a hammer shot. Not just Juggs. Frankly, it's not a high herald feat to take one of those blows and still be ticking. Sentry might be above Thor, comfortably so even, but to simply assume so based on the scan you posted is complete speculation. Hype and talk is just that, hype and talk. Wait until you can say something definitively before jumping to conclusions.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by kgkg
That's exactly how Marvel is describing him atm though.

Yeah, with a few spatterings of PIS and plot device to smooth it all out.

Blanket
I'm not saying that he is omnipotent but I know for a fact that he is above high herald and above everyone that I listed on the other thread. I know for a fact Surfer is above high herald. Proof:
Surfer/BRB:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3930/ss1sgr.th.jpg http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3879/ss2yty.th.jpg http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1622/ss3mvu.th.jpg http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5602/ss4hen.th.jpg

The real power here is that he is really durable... durability = above high herald.

carver9
I know for a fact Surfer is above high herald. Proof:

The real power here is that he is really durable... durability = above high herald.

I always said that Surfer is above high herald because he is and what was the point of that scan, Surfer got knocked on his ass.

Sentry>Surfer.

carver9
Yeah, with a few spatterings of PIS and plot device to smooth it all out.

Nothing about what happened to Sentry is PIS, all that happened, happened for a reason. His mind wasnt stable enough. Now that he has control of that power, we see what he is capable of.

He is a f***** beast but no matter what he do or what people or characters say about him, he will still always be put on the bottom of the totum pole by a lot of people here bc they just dont like the character.

the ninjak
Sentry/Voids matter manipulation shouldn't work on Surfers biology and Cosmic Power. Though SS should after realising destroying S/Vs body won't keep him down would resort to ripping him into the Astral Plane where SS should get an upper hand. If Cyclops could defeat Copy/Paste Void in the Astral then SS should be able to do it.

SS for the win via Astral fight. But still hard to tell in these early days.

kgkg
Yeah, with a few spatterings of PIS and plot device to smooth it all out. Not really PIS considering those lower end feats are of confused BOB who is rather easily confused. I think when he voids out he has doing rather well.

Digi
Nothing about what happened to Sentry is PIS, all that happened, happened for a reason. His mind wasnt stable enough. Now that he has control of that power, we see what he is capable of.

He is a f***** beast but no matter what he do or what people or characters say about him, he will still always be put on the bottom of the totum pole by a lot of people here bc they just dont like the character.

That's not true at all. I don't mind the character in the least. But you based your > high herald argument off of him taking a single blow from Thor. That's not nearly enough....in fact it's comically little to base that opinion off of.

You might be right, but you're not making a good case of it. At least the MM encounter hints at the kind of power you think he has. But again, it is speculative without those powers being clearly defined and without set limits yet.

Blanket
I always said that Surfer is above high herald because he is and what was the point of that scan, Surfer got knocked on his ass.

Sentry>Surfer. Surfer is above high herald even though he defines the level... makes sense.

That Surfer took more than Voidtry did, and was completely unaffected? BTW, Surfer always gets knocked around, don't see how that's a point here. Doesn't affect his durability.

Also, I guess you didn't get the point of my post... durability doesn't equal power.

JakeTheBank

Sentry's power level drastically altering and going up and down to fit the confines of the current story he's in is PIS. The whole "metal instability as a reasoning for lack of control/power and/or reasoning for jobbing" is a tried and true version of PIS, imo.

And I think the reason why Sentry has so many detractors is because of people - and I'm not accusing you of this, Carver - losing their cookies over some random high showings as compared to his low end ones, while citing "he's only been around for a few years, so he's not going to have as many great feats, but the ones he has are the ones we should all use."

And Sentry suffers from the same bias that pretty much every character has: there will be people who lowball and hate on him, just because they dislike the character. Superman, Hulk, Thor, etc. He's no different in that regard.

Digi
Surfer is above high herald even though he defines the level... makes sense.

I never saw him as defining the level...he was the highest of the bunch in tier discussions, not the median as most other "defining" characters are. If you were above Surfer, you were Trans. which can't be said for people like Iron man, Spider-Man, etc. in their respective tiers. But Surfer's complete canon does push the limit of the tier, so I can see where some would consider him higher.

carver9
Surfer is above high herald even though he defines the level... makes sense.

That Surfer took more than Voidtry did, and was completely unaffected? BTW, Surfer always gets knocked around, don't see how that's a point here. Doesn't affect his durability.

Also, I guess you didn't get the point of my post... durability doesn't equal power.

Besides Thor, what other high herald have the power out put or the versatility that Surfer has?

What high herald can even do 50% of what Surfer has shown on panel?

He is above high herald.

A guy that can absorb a sun, power up and destroy a planet, make a mistake and blow up planets, shoot blast and create large black hole is far above high herald if you ask me.

Blanket
Originally posted by Digi
I never saw him as defining the level...he was the highest of the bunch in tier discussions, not the median as most other "defining" characters are. If you were above Surfer, you were Trans. which can't be said for people like Iron man, Spider-Man, etc. in their respective tiers. But Surfer's complete canon does push the limit of the tier, so I can see where some would consider him higher. It's in the namesake.
He's the highest herald.

Though I agree with that based on what was put in high herald later, that Surfer should be above that level, but meh.

the ninjak
Sentry/Voids matter manipulation shouldn't work on Surfers biology and Cosmic Power. Though SS should after realising destroying S/Vs body won't keep him down would resort to ripping him into the Astral Plane where SS should get an upper hand. If Cyclops could defeat Copy/Paste Void in the Astral then SS should be able to do it.

kgkg
Besides Thor, what other high herald have the power out put or the versatility that Surfer has?

He is above high herald.

A guy that can absorb a sun, power up and destroy a planet, make a mistake and blow up planets, shoot blast and create large black hole is far above high herald if you ask me. Genis , Baron , Spartan, Moonstone just to name a few from the HH tier listing.

carver9
Sentry's power level drastically altering and going up and down to fit the confines of the current story he's in is PIS. The whole "metal instability as a reasoning for lack of control/power and/or reasoning for jobbing" is a tried and true version of PIS, imo.

And I think the reason why Sentry has so many detractors is because of people - and I'm not accusing you of this, Carver - losing their cookies over some random high showings as compared to his low end ones, while citing "he's only been around for a few years, so he's not going to have as many great feats, but the ones he has are the ones we should all use."

And Sentry suffers from the same bias that pretty much every character has: there will be people who lowball and hate on him, just because they dislike the character. Superman, Hulk, Thor, etc. He's no different in that regard.

I agree with a lot that you said BUT its kind of obvious that it was bob mind that took its toll on his power since when void took over, he became a beast.

I always liked Sentry from the get go and the only reason I said that high heralds could beat him was due to his mentality but since that case is out of the window and my thoughts were right, he should be able to crush any one of them.

carver9
Genis , Baron , Spartan, Moonstone just to name a few from the HH tier listing.

I disagree.

Blanket

He is above high herald.

A guy that can absorb a sun, power up and destroy a planet, make a mistake and blow up planets, shoot blast and create large black hole is far above high herald if you ask me. Originally posted by Blanket
It's in the namesake.
He's the highest herald.

Though I agree with that based on what was put in high herald later, that Surfer should be above that level, but meh.

Anyway, funny how your argument also works against Sentry... considering Surfer's feats dwarf Sentry and all that jazz...

Digi

He is above high herald.

A guy that can absorb a sun, power up and destroy a planet, make a mistake and blow up planets, shoot blast and create large black hole is far above high herald if you ask me.

Actually, I just browsed through the high herald list, and better than half of them actually have destroyed planets, and the other half probably could as well. Beyond that, any of the GLs, Adam Warlock, Spartan 3.0, Thor, Superman, etc. all have comparable, though not better, versatility.

Also go ahead and read through the Trans. tier. Most would wreck Surfer, and many have in the past.

He's the highest of high heralds, yes. No argument. A "tweener" if you will. But you're short-changing the others a LOT.

carver9
Anyway, funny how your argument also works against Sentry... considering Surfer's feats dwarf Sentry and all that jazz...

OMG, Sentry is just as versatile and Surfer and is just as powerful, if not, more powerful.

I wonder what argument you will start using once Sentry in the next issue take on and hold his own against Marvel Earth.

I cant wait to see your argument then (downplay).

kgkg
I disagree. Which ones? and why?

Digi
OMG, Sentry is just as versatile and Surfer and is just as powerful, if not, more powerful.

I wonder what argument you will start using once Sentry in the next issue take on and hold his own against Marvel Earth.

Basing your argument on possible future events isn't proper logic. Sentry might destroy everyone on the Earth, and it would not invalidate his opinion now.

carver9
Actually, I just browsed through the high herald list, and better than half of them actually have destroyed planets, and the other half probably could as well. Beyond that, any of the GLs, Adam Warlock, Spartan 3.0, Thor, Superman, etc. all have comparable, though not better, versatility.

Also go ahead and read through the Trans. tier. Most would wreck Surfer, and many have in the past.

He's the highest of high heralds, yes. No argument. A "tweener" if you will. But you're short-changing the others.

I agree digi, a lot of them probably could and have destroyed planets but again, Silver Surfer feats and power out put, puts him above high herald.

I'm not saying that the others are weak, I'm just saying Surfer is just straight up more better.

I also agree with Surfer getting owned by some of the trans but look at the trans and skyfather level beings that he defeated using pure power. The argument goes both ways. Lets not even include him going hit for hit with aegis.

carver9
Basing your argument on possible future events isn't proper logic. Sentry might destroy everyone on the Earth, and it would not invalidate his opinion now.

I agree with this.

the ninjak

Then explain how Sentry would beat Surfer. Instead of these two page measuring contests that go nowhere.

JakeTheBank

How is Sentry just as versatile as Surfer? Aside from - again, the one feat everyone loves to bring up - the Molecule Man incident, what has he done to even be compared to Surfer when the guy usually just flies and punches stuff? Now, he's using his weird ass tentacle thingy, but Sentry has shown me absolutely nothing that puts him on the same level as Surfer in terms of power or versatility.

carver9
Which ones? and why?

Because they cant do it on the level of the Surfer and Surfer has displayed much more power than them.

Genis, it depends on which one you are talking about.

Blanket

I cant wait to see your argument then (downplay). No he's not. No he's not...

You made an argument that you daftly overlooked Sentry not doing or being able to do. Don't see how "He's more powerful!" invalidates what was stated. Especially since your only argument here is that he's durable.

I wonder too. I wonder what boxers I'm going to wear tomorrow too.

Slaanesh
how weakened is Thor anyway..he got hit by U-Foes and Iron Patriot..i thought u guys said that he is vary powerful and durable..that kinda attack shouldn't have weakened him to much..Sentry is just more powerful than Thor..

carver9
How is Sentry just as versatile as Surfer? Aside from - again, the one feat everyone loves to bring up - the Molecule Man incident, what has he done to even be compared to Surfer when the guy usually just flies and punches stuff? Now, he's using his weird ass tentacle thingy, but Sentry has shown me absolutely nothing that puts him on the same level as Surfer in terms of power or versatility.

I named everything that he has shown on the "character ownage" thread (even though it still doesnt compare to Surfer).

From showings, I just think Sentry is more powerful and even though you dont like the MM incident, it happened, you cant take that away from him.

kgkg
Because they cant do it on the level of the Surfer and Surfer has displayed much more power than them.

Genis, it depends on which one you are talking about. All of them I have listed have more power than Surfer or comparable to Surfer. Fact.

IF you don't know them you may want to look them up. I'm using is Photon which is the only HH incarnation either way.

the ninjak
What a waste of a thread I'll post this for the 3rd time and see if anyone can have a response instead of an innane measuring contest

Originally posted by the ninjak

JakeTheBank
how weakened is Thor anyway..he got hit by U-Foes and Iron Patriot..i thought u guys said that he is vary powerful and durable..that kinda attack shouldn't have weakened him to much..Sentry is just more powerful than Thor..

U-Foes aren't "weak" in any stretch of the imagination.

JakeTheBank
I named everything that he has shown on the "character ownage" thread (even though it still doesnt compare to Surfer).

From showings, I just think Sentry is more powerful and even though you dont like the MM incident, it happened, you cant take that away from him.

If his feats and powers don't compare to Surfer...why compare them?

And as far as the MM thing goes, it happened once against a Molecule Man who was a far cry from his upper levels. And he's yet to display any massive matter manipulation to warrant some of the outlandish things posters claiming he'll do in a vs. match. So, yeah, I think I'm being reasonable when I don't take his absolute best feat and apply it to the character for any and all battles when I don't do the same for other characters.

Slaanesh
Volstagg was able to withstand their attack..and Thor have taken worst..

carver9
All of them I have listed have more power than Surfer or comparable to Surfer. Fact.

IF you don't know them you may want to look them up. I'm using is Photon which is the only HH incarnation either way.

Moonstone? The one related to drax? I dont read much about her but the little that I have seen, I dont see anything giving me a thought on her being on Surfers level.

Genis, again, it depends on genis you are talking about. Insane Genis, yes, he could POSSIBLY be above Surfer. The other two, I dont know much about them.

carver9
If his feats and powers don't compare to Surfer...why compare them?

Because Surfers been around longer but that doesnt mean he can beat someone like Sentry that shows no signs of weakness and is shown as being unbeatable.

the ninjak
Because Surfers been around longer but that doesnt mean he can beat someone like Sentry that shows no signs of weakness and is shown as being unbeatable.

We all know what Sentry can do....But how Does Sentry beat SS?
Stop repeating yourself, you have done it for 3 pages now!

kgkg
Moonstone? The one related to drax? I dont read much about her but the little that I have seen, I dont see anything giving me a thought on her being on Surfers level.

Genis, again, it depends on genis you are talking about. Insane Genis, yes, he could POSSIBLY be above Surfer. The other two, I dont know much about them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonstone_%28comics%29 The one listed in the HH tier has the stones.

Baron also has the stones. Stones stones itself has more energy output than say Surfer. In the arc Baron with stones was stomping everyone on earth easily. He was more powerful than say Surfer at this level.

Photon has feats that is comparable to that of Surfer in output department.

JakeTheBank
Volstagg was able to withstand their attack..and Thor have taken worst..

PIS maybe? It wouldn't be the first time Bendis has used it.

Digi

Actually, carver made the first point I'm actually going to agree with: Has Sentry been legitimately beaten? The Hulk incident is the closest thing we have to that, and I suppose you could call it a stalemate.

Granted, carver, you're absolutely wrong that Sentry's feats trump Surfer's. They don't, plain and simple, even the best ones. To say otherwise is just saying you don't know all of Surfer's feats. But your point, which again may be absolutely true (or not, pending evidence), hinges on the fact that we really don't have an upper limit for Sentry. But you're still basing your argument off of that gap in our knowledge of Sentry...i.e. speculation. You can't say where his limit is, nor can we. So saying he is "definitely" above anyone is premature.

Again, though, you shortchange nearly all high heralds to say they don't come close to Sentry's (or Surfer's) feats. All of them do. Don't paint with a wide brush...you usually end up with a messy picture.

the ninjak
PIS maybe? It wouldn't be the first time Bendis has used it.

Plus the result was Osborne's intent, they wanted it to look like Volstagg was responsible. Not put him down.

carver9
Actually, carver made the first point I'm actually going to agree with: Has Sentry been legitimately beaten? The Hulk incident is the closest thing we have to that, and I suppose you could call it a stalemate.

Granted, carver, you're absolutely wrong that Sentry's feats trump Surfer's. They don't, plain and simple, even the best ones. To say otherwise is just saying you don't know all of Surfer's feats. But your point, which again may be absolutely true (or not, pending evidence), hinges on the fact that we really don't have an upper limit for Sentry. But you're still basing your argument off of that gap in our knowledge of Sentry...i.e. speculation. You can't say where his limit is, nor can we. So saying he is "definitely" above anyone is premature.

Again, though, you shortchange nearly all high heralds to say they don't come close to Sentry's (or Surfer's) feats. All of them do. Don't paint with a wide brush...you usually end up with a messy picture.

LOL laughing , agreed, and overall, good post.

I still think Sentry wins this handily and if the next episode go like I think it is, I'm giving Sentry a 10/10.

carver9
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonstone_%28comics%29 The one listed in the HH tier has the stones.

Baron also has the stones. Stones stones itself has more energy output than say Surfer. In the arc Baron with stones was stomping everyone on earth easily. He was more powerful than say Surfer at this level.

Photon has feats that is comparable to that of Surfer in output department.

I thought you was talking about Moonstone without the gem. Of course with the gems they would be more powerful.

Blanket
Actually, carver made the first point I'm actually going to agree with: Has Sentry been legitimately beaten? The Hulk incident is the closest thing we have to that, and I suppose you could call it a stalemate (against a powerful WWH, but probably not a HH opponent).

Granted, carver, you're absolutely wrong that Sentry's feats trump Surfer's. They don't, plain and simple, even the best ones. To say otherwise is just saying you don't know all of Surfer's feats. But your point, which again may be absolutely true (or not, pending evidence), hinges on the fact that we really don't have an upper limit for Sentry. But you're still basing your argument off of that gap in our knowledge of Sentry...i.e. speculation. You can't say where his limit is, nor can we. So saying he is "definitely" above anyone is premature. Since his Molecule Man feat that happened like 2 or 3 months ago? No. At least, not in way of being KO'ed... because he got BFR'ed by Thor.

Since his career started (all BFR victories are assuming he didn't get KO'ed, because you know, a lightspeeder can get BFR'ed):
He got one shotted by Super Adaptoid girl twice, KO'ed by the C.A.P robot, BFR'ed by Hercules, nut kneed by Hercules, KO'ed by the Empire State Building iirc, BFR'ed by Absorbing Man, got temp KO'ed by Blue Marvel in space, got torn apart by Molecule Man and was down for a bit, beaten by Jim Hammond, BFR'ed by Genis, and the Collective, etc.
Shit, there used to be more stuff I remembered before my other comp went down. sad

the ninjak

I still think Sentry wins this handily and if the next episode go like I think it is, I'm giving Sentry a 10/10.

HHHHOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
! mad

carver9
! mad

Because he will be taking on all of earths heros including Thor.

That feat alone puts him far above Surfer but this is IF that happens.

carver9
Since his Molecule Man feat that happened like 2 or 3 months ago? No. At least, not in way of being KO'ed... because he got BFR'ed by Thor.

Since his career started (all BFR victories are assuming he didn't get KO'ed, because you know, a lightspeeder can get BFR'ed):
He got one shotted by Super Adaptoid girl twice, KO'ed by the C.A.P robot, BFR'ed by Hercules, nut kneed by Hercules, KO'ed by the Empire State Building iirc, BFR'ed by Absorbing Man, got temp KO'ed by Blue Marvel in space, got torn apart by Molecule Man and was down for a bit, beaten by Jim Hammond, BFR'ed by Genis, and the Collective, etc.
Shit, there used to be more stuff I remembered before my other comp went down. sad

People talk about me lowballing.

I get warnings when I do things like this.

kgkg
! mad Ok I will answer that for you he destroys Surfer molecules or just starts pounding on him.

Really is it that hard to imagine how Void could win this???

Not that Surfer can't win but you seem to suggest there is no possible way Void can beat Surfer. wink

Blanket
Because he will be taking on all of earths heros including Thor.

That feat alone puts him far above Surfer but this is IF that happens. Considering the only one close to his power would be a weakened Thor, and the next closest is... Iron Man?

Either way, how does he win now, handily?

JakeTheBank
MATTER MANIPULATION!!!1!!!

Blanket
People talk about me lowballing.

I get warnings when I do things like this. Get off my balls Carver. He asked a question, next time I'll lie to him or ignore him when I know the answer to his question.

I never said any were applicable here, btw.

carver9
Considering the only one close to his power would be a weakened Thor, and the next closest is... Iron Man?

Either way, how does he win now, handily?

If ALL of earth heros (not the ones that is there but ALL of them) show up to fight Sentry. I'm pretty sure the click that is there isnt enough.

And how weak do you think Thor is? You are putting him at the bottom of the sh** list if you think those high metas could take ALL or even weaken him down to 80% of his power.

If getting hit by a nuke and taking punches from a bunch of 50 class villians can drop Thor as far down as you are taking him then he need to get off of the high herald list.

Thor was far from weak and used all of his energy against Sentry that did next to nothing.

the ninjak
Ok I will answer that for you he destroys Surfer molecules or just starts pounding on him.

Really is it that hard to imagine how Void could win this???

Not that Surfer can't win but you seem to suggest there is no possible way Void can beat Surfer. wink

Cosmic Energy would have to be the hardest stuff to manipulate I doubt Sentry would be able to

carver9
Blanket, I can use your same argument against you. Sentry LET Thor hit him with a lightning, magical hammer strike THEN he let Thor hit him with a huge ass blast, so Sentry was weakened after that.

He still owned Thor.

carver9
Cosmic Energy would have to be the hardest stuff to manipulate I doubt Sentry would be able to

Cosmic energy aint doing jack to this Sentry.

the ninjak
Cosmic energy aint doing jack to this Sentry.

Duh read the post SS can,t kill sentry then resorts to Astral

Blanket
If ALL of earth heros (not the ones that is there but ALL of them) show up to fight Sentry. I'm pretty sure the click that is there isnt enough.

And how weak do you think Thor is? You are putting him at the bottom of the sh** list if you think those high metas could take ALL or even weaken him down to 80% of his power.

If getting hit by a nuke and taking punches from a bunch of 50 class villians can drop Thor as far down as you are taking him then he need to get off of the high herald list.

Thor was far from weak and used all of his energy against Sentry that did next to nothing. Why would all of Earth's heroes fight Sentry? Seems... completely opposite of what's going to happen.

All I said was weakened.

He got cheapshotted by Sentry first, and then took attacks from the U-Foes, IP, and then a bunch of class 50's, while he was growling at them apparently the whole time.

Far from weak? Is that why they made a case of it in the issues?

Blanket, I can use your same argument against you. Sentry LET Thor hit him with a lightning, magical hammer strike THEN he let Thor hit him with a huge ass blast, so Sentry was weakened after that.

He still owned Thor. Except comics back Thor being weakened. Although if you want to stick to Sentry being weakened after that... I can only imagine what Surfer would do here.

He didn't own Thor... all Sentry did was grab him. Not saying he couldn't, but he didn't is what actually happened.

kgkg
Cosmic Energy would have to be the hardest stuff to manipulate I doubt Sentry would be able to We have only seen one Manipulation feat from Sentry other than coming back to from nothingness.

You realize that his only manipulation feat was resisting and defeating Molecule Man? Cosmic Energy would not be hard to Manipulate considering what he did to MM who is pretty much the best character at Manipulating any type of matter and energy.

carver9
Why would all of Earth's heroes fight Sentry? Seems... completely opposite of what's going to happen.

All I said was weakened.

He got cheapshotted by Sentry first, and then took attacks from the U-Foes, IP, and then a bunch of class 50's, while he was growling at them apparently the whole time.

Far from weak? Is that why they made a case of it in the issues?

Except comics back Thor being weakened. Although if you want to stick to Sentry being weakened after that... I can only imagine what Surfer would do here.

He didn't own Thor... all Sentry did was grab him. Not saying he couldn't, but he didn't is what actually happened.

Void already fought all of earth heros and was stomping them so why not again? I just dont think the team that is there is powerful enough to take him out. He is going to get taken out by a plot device.

I know thats all you said was weakened but how weakened was he.

Yeah, he got cheap shotted by Sentry, then Sentry got slapped by his hammer. He then got hit by a nuke and punched by some class 50's.

Again, how weak was he because he sure as hell hit Sentry with a big a** blast?

Why didnt he own Thor when Thor was basically helpless and was sprouting blood from the mouth from a simple grab from the Sentry? I wonder what a punch would have done?

Jynocidus
I wonder if this is why one of the writers at Marvel said that Silver Surfer is the last guy that needs to lose his cool or something like that.

carver9
Originally posted by Jynocidus
I wonder if this is why one of the writers at Marvel said that Silver Surfer is the last guy that needs to lose his cool or something like that.

I agree because Silver Surfer is a beast.

Jynocidus
I think Norin wins when it's all said and done.

Blanket
Void already fought all of earth heros and was stomping them so why not again? I just dont think the team that is there is powerful enough to take him out. He is going to get taken out by a plot device.

I know thats all you said was weakened but how weakened was he.

Yeah, he got cheap shotted by Sentry, then Sentry got slapped by his hammer. He then got hit by a nuke and punched by some class 50's.

Again, how weak was he because he sure as hell hit Sentry with a big a** blast?

Why didnt he own Thor when Thor was basically helpless and was sprouting blood from the mouth from a simple grab from the Sentry? I wonder what a punch would have done? Because that doesn't seem to be the case with Seige?

Weakened enough that it's an issue.

He got hit by the U-Foes. Vector himself almost had Smart Hulk in a skeletal state. Ironclad iirc and Hulk put shockwaves through the multiverse, and he's always been portrayed as pretty strong. Etc. I mean, you'd think being KO'ed would be enough for you to either see it as being strong, or in your case, make it seem like Thor is weak... and THEN turn around and say that because Sentry grabbed the same Thor who was put down by 'class 50's' that he's far above Silver Surfer.

While I admit it was apparently powerful, it was still a weakened Thor. I don't know how weakened he was, but what has been stated, is that he's weakened. Apparently that's not enough for you since you want to make Sentry into the ultimate. Especially coming from the guy who actually tried to make a case about Sentry being weaker than Thor...

It only had one panel where he grabbed him, and he had a nosebleed, plus he was bloody before the scuffle began. erm

nicamarvin
The real power here is that he is really durable... durability = above high herald. he aint as Durable as Juggy.... cool

Parmaniac
You probably will have better luck with this in a month or two, once Sentry/Void vs. Thor/Marvel Earth is decided.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Parmaniac
SHUT UP..... mad

Where is this tier list for characters located?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
Where is this tier list for characters located? theres only fan made ones.
marvel only has an official ones for demons

Digi
Originally posted by 753
Where is this tier list for characters located?

Over in the comics forum. It's view-only, since the forum couldn't handle it being open without devolving into chaos and bashing. I want to re-open it eventually, but there's no timetable for it.

janus77
confused

Now tell me, what is the Surfer going to do?
not impressive at all. if you want to make a strong argument in favour of Sentry/Void, use the MM feat - that was impressive.

Thor's hammerstrikes did nothing to Rulk's face, he didn't even shift his ground.

as for this fight, Surfer sans hippie-shit = WIN.

what's Sentry gonna do to Surfer? disperse his molecules? Surfer is a matter and energy manipulator and he can do so on planet-wide scale (at the least).

Parmaniac
Originally posted by janus77
Thor's hammerstrikes did nothing to Rulk's face, he didn't even shift his ground. Very very VERY bad example.

Colossus-Big C
confused

Now tell me, what is the Surfer going to do? is that king thor?

bbrem123
Duh read the post SS can,t kill sentry then resorts to Astral

and how do you know that will even work...just speculation

So why didnt X-man resort to astral?...Nate flat out said he cant beat sentry...and that was a confused not voided out sentry

dont think surfer has any better chance then nate does

janus77

Sentry>Surfer.
WWH > Sentry

Surfer's never burnt himself out trying to fight Hulk (any Hulk), and he's not been made to bleed or otherwise been shown to take damage from Hulk's attacks (aside from the cheapshot in Planet Hulk).

Surfer can take everything we've seen Void-Sentry do, so far, but we know Sentry can't take WWH level power and Surfer could easily bring that to bear on Sentry.

janus77
Very very VERY bad example.
not really, that was an amped up Thor at that... so really, Sentry brushing off a regular Thor hammerstrike, isn't impressive in this weight class.

Parmaniac
not really, that was an amped up Thor at that... so really, Sentry brushing off a regular Thor hammerstrike, isn't impressive in this weight class. Yeah and that Rulk choked Surfer to death erm my point is that Rulk at that time was absolutely terrible and ridiculous, he knocked a Watcher out and killed the Grandmaster with a punch.

janus77
Rulk didn't choke Surfer to death, he absorbed the Power Cosmic, energy drain... and it was a newly minted Surfer with no experience... nowhere near the power levels of current Surfer.

The Watcher thing was pretty ridiculously high-end, other than that ...

TheTyrant
The Void.

D_Dude1210
Possible (or at least the one I wanna see) ending to Siege: Thor gets Odinforce back and kicks Void's butt! big grin

Also, current Surfer and Void would be a good fight. I'm leaning towards the Void, though.

janus77
Surfer should be able to absorb Void or at least a significant portion of the power.
he could also banish it to another dimension or bind it to the moon...

Philosophía
Void stomps.

tkitna
I was thinking to myself that this battle could be very interesting until I read Seige #3.

Void in an utter shitstomp

tkitna
Surfer should be able to absorb Void or at least a significant portion of the power.
he could also banish it to another dimension or bind it to the moon...

Do you really think those options would work? I dont even think a BFR is a viable option anymore. The Sentry/Void has blinked himself back from limbo a few times already. Absorbing the Void is a crap shoot since one of the Sentrys original powers was to be able to draw energy from anywhere. It might be a bit off-setting if its even possible at all.

manx422
void stomps

JakeTheBank
facepalm

manx422
facepalm what?

JakeTheBank
That smiley wasn't directed at you in particular, Manx. Just the thread in general.

Galan007
Originally posted by tkitna
I was thinking to myself that this battle could be very interesting until I read Seige #3.

Void in an utter shitstomp What exactly did Void do in Siege 3 that made you place him on such a high pedestal?

Blanket
What exactly did Void do in Siege 3 that made you place him on such a high pedestal? Appeared

Galan007
Astro crab ftw!! duryes

JakeTheBank
Astro crab ftw!! duryes

thumb up

ankur29
void ftw for the majority

when sentry was introduced marvel had him billed as as powerful as surfer/phoenix if i can remeber correctly

now void is more powerful
he broke all of hulk's bones effortlessly,ripped ares in half...

Blanket
Astro crab ftw!! duryes Wait, wouldn't that make him a water type? So if Thor fired another lightning bolt, it should be super effective...

Hopefully Thor's well acquainted with the reality of Pokemon.

Simbon
I tend to agree that Void has the edge in this, but I don't think it would by any means by a "shitstomp". Not only does Surfer have mad durability (I mean jesus, the guy's been dismembered and been like "yeah, so?"; and yeah, I know, sentry too), but an astral win, as some have pointed out, can't be ruled out. Finally, as for him not being able to do anything to sentry, when has Norrin ever lacked for some kind of CRAZY feat to bust out on uber-powerful opponents? One famous example:

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8547/silversurfer199612217bh0.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I think he would probably lose. But I would love to see him turn the Sentry into a giant crab decal on his surf-board.

tkitna
What exactly did Void do in Siege 3 that made you place him on such a high pedestal?

Dismissed Thor as nothing more than an annoyance and bringing down Asgard was enough for me.

He is above the Surfer right now.

tkitna
I do realize that the Void is going to fall though, but I doubt its going to be from the likes of Thor or any other hero for that matter. It'll probably be something on the lines of Bob gaining back control from a speech from Cap or something like that.

Mindship
We've seen what Surfer is capable of. Seems we're starting to get a taste, maybe, of the power of Sentry/Void, to see if it'll finally measure up to hype. So far, nothing's hitting me. Void broke Hulk's bones effortlessly? Surfer could've disintegrated Hulk as easily as disintegrating a tree.

Surfer takes this...for now. Thor too.

I wonder why Marvel has Sentry meeting/fighting Thor before the Surfer. Has Sentry even met SS yet?

Parmaniac
I found it weird that the Fantastic 4 and the X-Men were just watching the war on TV, I mean come on their friends are fighting the ultimate battle and they just watch...

ankur29
Originally posted by tkitna
I do realize that the Void is going to fall though, but I doubt its going to be from the likes of Thor or any other hero for that matter. It'll probably be something on the lines of Bob gaining back control from a speech from Cap or something like that.

thumb up

I found it weird that the Fantastic 4 and the X-Men were just watching the war on TV, I mean come on their friends are fighting the ultimate battle and they just watch...

they are shooked of the sentry

Warlord
void...he seems to be well above heralds

Warlord
Appeared

and meditated in the final page

Rage.Of.Olympus
Void wins this every time. It's a bit asinine to argue otherwise in my opinion as I don't know how Marvel could make it any more clearer that his a cosmic god of basic omnipotent power. Maybe they really should have shown Void beating Galactus.

Anyways, due to the recent fight in Siege, Silver Surfer stands more of a chance in my eyes as Thor actually held his own against the Void. Longer than I would have had expected him to.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Maybe they really should have shown Void beating Galactus. That wasn't Sentry alone, X-Man stated that after he returned that it was him and Sentry together.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That wasn't Sentry alone, X-Man stated that after he returned that it was him and Sentry together.

How do you know that he was referring to the same time Spider-Man was?

Parmaniac
How do you know that he was referring to the same time Spider-Man was? IIRC (and I'm not 100% sure on this) he mentioned Galactus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC (and I'm not 100% sure on this) he mentioned Galactus.

He did mention Galactus. He said that together they took on Galactus, a rogue Thor etc. It doesn't change my question though.

I also like how it took the both of them to take on a rogue Thor. Probably referring to the Blood and Thunder arc although it doesn't make sense time line wise.

celeyhyga17
I dont know bout you guys, but this Void/Sentry that showed up on Siege is looking like he did battle Galactus....... o.O

I don't even think a combination of Thor and Silver Surfer can win a majority over Void/Sentry. I have a feeling he or "It" is something above high herald level.

I am leaning towards the void also, even if thor was somewhat weakened, void seemed to be just playing with his food. And with the hype he is getting, if it turns out he is just a top herald that will be very disapointing. MM may have been watered down, but isnt he still above the heralds?

I think at the end of this he just exiles himself out of earth, but they wont really surpass his power.

Doctor-Alvis
I don't know, he seems kind he is just at high herald at this point. Would anyone be that surprised if Surfer was doing all this in an arc were he was the big villain?

quanchi112
Void wins.

janus77
Surfer's feat of evolving a plaent billions of years is far more impressive than all of Voids destructive work.

plus, Surfer nonchalently wiped out a planet just as a demonstration to Ravenous of how serious Surfer could be... imo people are too underrating Surfer, he's a lot more powerful now.

take for example what he told BRB in their brief exchanged, to the effect of "don't bother getting up, you can't beat me"... Surfer's never that cocky, if anything he is forever underestimating himself... under-utilising his abilities, doubting his power - there are instances where he's gone into situations thinking he's sure to die only to find that the Power Cosmic's far more powerful than he had thought.

imo Surfer would tank everything we've seen Void do so far, the only thing I'd worry about is whether or not the Void can "infect" Surfer in some fashion.

janus77
Void wins this every time. It's a bit asinine to argue otherwise in my opinion as I don't know how Marvel could make it any more clearer that his a cosmic god of basic omnipotent power. Maybe they really should have shown Void beating Galactus.

Anyways, due to the recent fight in Siege, Silver Surfer stands more of a chance in my eyes as Thor actually held his own against the Void. Longer than I would have had expected him to.
they could make it clear that Void is more powerful by letting Void smash Surfer's face with his own board ... of course there'd still be "asinine" people arguing about how the writer must have been wrong or the artist exaggerating the intentions of the writer ... shifty

Marvel hasn't given a clear position on Void/Sentry yet. the closest they came is when Sentry was stated as the most powerful hero on the planet only to get busted by WWH.

all we have to go on is one very very impressive feat (the fight with MM) and one cool feat (ripping Ares in half) and one not particularly impressive feat (creaming Thor, something which Rulk and old Savage Hulk did too).

the MM feat could be the result of several things, MM's mental self-limitation, Sentry's particular molecules, underestimation/stupidity on the part of MM etc ...

Surfer's tanked UniLord who was god in his own dimension and who was smashing Surfer to atoms ...

Parmaniac
they could make it clear that Void is more powerful by letting Void smash Surfer's face with his own board ... of course there'd still be "asinine" people arguing about how the writer must have been wrong or the artist exaggerating the intentions of the writer ... shifty laughing

quanchi112
Surfer's feat of evolving a plaent billions of years is far more impressive than all of Voids destructive work.

plus, Surfer nonchalently wiped out a planet just as a demonstration to Ravenous of how serious Surfer could be... imo people are too underrating Surfer, he's a lot more powerful now.

take for example what he told BRB in their brief exchanged, to the effect of "don't bother getting up, you can't beat me"... Surfer's never that cocky, if anything he is forever underestimating himself... under-utilising his abilities, doubting his power - there are instances where he's gone into situations thinking he's sure to die only to find that the Power Cosmic's far more powerful than he had thought.

imo Surfer would tank everything we've seen Void do so far, the only thing I'd worry about is whether or not the Void can "infect" Surfer in some fashion. I really doubt the Surfer can resist the MM for one. I also don't see getting the better of BrB anywhere near as impressive as the Void bringing down asgard while Thor is powerless to stop him.

Void seems to be much more formidable than the Surfer.

janus77
if I'm not mistaken, Hulk has smashed bits of Asgard before, it's susceptible to physical attack... Hulk does things one brick at a time, Surfer merely raises an eyebrow and ALL bricks atomise.

it's not much of a feat... the BRB thing was to show just how ridiculously Surfer is being underestimated. BRB was dismissed by Surfer, with indecent ease...

Surfer, in Thor's position would merely need to think it and every stone of Asgard would be back in place. it's a huge difference in power and scale...

MM dispersed Sentry's molecules and dismissed Sentry totally, he didn't think that Sentry could reform, so wasn't expecting the attack... that's not even going into the question of what sort of state MM is in now, how much self-limiting he is...

quanchi112
if I'm not mistaken, Hulk has smashed bits of Asgard before, it's susceptible to physical attack... Hulk does things one brick at a time, Surfer merely raises an eyebrow and ALL bricks atomise.

it's not much of a feat... the BRB thing was to show just how ridiculously Surfer is being underestimated. BRB was dismissed by Surfer, with indecent ease...

Surfer, in Thor's position would merely need to think it and every stone of Asgard would be back in place. it's a huge difference in power and scale...

MM dispersed Sentry's molecules and dismissed Sentry totally, he didn't think that Sentry could reform, so wasn't expecting the attack... that's not even going into the question of what sort of state MM is in now, how much self-limiting he is... He did reform which the Surfer cannot do and he did also overpower him at his own game. Handling BrB isn't indicative of beating the Void. Surfer hasn't shown the powerset to be in the Void's ballpark here imo.

We need to wait and see how he is defeated in issue 4 until we can further know how you can defeat him. I kinda have my theory already but until the book comes out at this point in time I don't see anything the Surfer can do while the Void can blink him out any time he wants.

janus77
Originally posted by quanchi112
He did reform which the Surfer cannot do and he did also overpower him at his own game. Handling BrB isn't indicative of beating the Void. Surfer hasn't shown the powerset to be in the Void's ballpark here imo.

We need to wait and see how he is defeated in issue 4 until we can further know how you can defeat him. I kinda have my theory already but until the book comes out at this point in time I don't see anything the Surfer can do while the Void can blink him out any time he wants.
Surfer's refomed from being atomised by UniLord.
Surfer also does have complete atomic control over himself as well as being able to matter-manipulate on a planetary scale (at the very minimum).

it's Void who has yet to show the power necessary to handle the Surfer, imo.

MM said Sentry's molecules "taste different", which could be the reason why MM lost the match, MM isn't bright nor particularly proficient in all his powers - it's part of the character.

also, Sentry did beat Void and Sentry has at best demonstrated power nearly matching WWH.... so we have a maximum power-range setout there.

Void can't blink out Surfer, he could barely deal with a swarm of Doom bugs!

the Void looks just like a high-herald matter manipulator running wild... impressive and powerful but, only because other high heralds aren't that way inclined.

like the Cosmic cube beings and how impressive they seem, only because Galactus isn't inclined to mess with the universe.

Doctor-Alvis
To be honest, I'm surprised Asgard lasted as long as it has. It's a floating castle, granted, which is super cool, but it's just that. I think anyone with sufficient rock breaking abilities would be able to take it down. Sentry just did it super fast.

Parmaniac
It's made out of Asgardian stones

Asgardian stones > pre crisis stones > normal stones

janus77
It's made out of Asgardian stones

Asgardian stones > pre crisis stones > normal stones
Rolling Stones >>>>>>> Asgardian Stones...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>