Somali Pirates Make Huge Mistake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
What the Pirates didn't expect

Some Somali Pirates thought they found an easy target but boy were they wrong. Turns out that it was a Dutch Warship. Marines onbaord the ship gave off warning shots which made the Pirates flee to their boats.

Moscow
A David and Goliath situation, but this David didn't have any good fortune on his side.

Wild Shadow
i think it is funny as all hell... what i dont understand is why didnt they arrest them all.. i guess not having a government might be it but they could have easily sunk the ship and left them on shore....

overall it is a funny story no harm no foul... but they should have tried to get as much intel on other pirate boats...

Mindset
Why did they give them warning shots?

Wild Shadow
good qustion most military and law enforcement personnel arent allowed to give warning shots....

must be a dutch thing

Moscow
The Red Sea, Persian Gulf, and the Strait of Hormuz have so much traffic go through them and so many pirates tagging along (almost as bad as the Strait of Malacca) my guess is that it might be beneficial to fire off a few warning shots at any boat that looks ready to blow a hole in your tanker.

Might've saved the Cole.

Mindset
Just shoot them in the face.

Moscow
Originally posted by Mindset
Just shoot them in the face.

A little extreme?

Mindset
Shoot them in the chest?

Moscow
Originally posted by Mindset
Shoot them in the chest?

gunsmilie I'll be sure to get out of the way then, lol.

The Nuul
The Dutch didnt watch the news! thats why they didnt attack back.

Bicnarok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.