STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The White Tower of Halloy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX

REXXXX

Jedireaper
(DREAMS)

"Very well, monitor them and as soon as you know their expected landing location we shall go and intercept them." Denzral said, turning to the man. "We will have to move quickly."

REXXXX
The militiaman responds that he thinks it would be better to let them come to you. Their fear is that if you go out to fight them, there is risk of the crops burning. Additionally, there is no cover beyond the town; the militia would prefer to have some.

"If that's alright with you, Master Jedi," he says.

Jedireaper
"Then we will greet them here, if this is indeed where they are heading." Denzral says with a smile. He wasn't a Master, but he felt no need to correct the man. Denzral looks at the buildings, so what does the city look like, how tall are the buildings and so on? Where are the civillians?

REXXXX
'Master Jedi' is more of a formal term.

The city of Haab, despite the largest city, is not very large at all. It has the look of an old Western town, squat wooden buildings with high fronts, many places for the militiamen (and yourself, with your newly purchased Intrusion skill!) to conceal themselves.

Jedireaper
That is the idea I guess, does this militia-man have a name? "Get your men ready for an ambush but don't move until I have confronted them and it looks like they are going to shoot me out of their way."

What I'll do is hide along with the militia men and then step out onto the street for a showdown, as you said, gunslinger style.

REXXXX
He can be called Sherman.

The militiamen set themselves up along the main street. Though they are not well-trained soldiers, they are armed with powerful targeting rifles that have a point of Mook Killing Power- it will only take them two successes to kill a target.

You hide in an alleyway, and wait for your dramatic entrance...

In the distance, you hear speeder engines.

Jedireaper
If I have a comlink to the militia men. "Steady guys."

REXXXX
The speeder engines get louder as they slowly but surely come closer to the city across the plains. For a moment, all you see is a cloud of dust gathering on the horizon. Then, the pair of speeders, with men sitting on the hull so as to allow for a quick approach.

They are not quite close enough to engage yet.

Jedireaper
Ok, I'll wait until they are closer and then Step out and confront them.

REXXXX
Are you just going to step out into the middle of the street?

Jedireaper
Pretty much, yeah.

REXXXX
It is not long before the speeders have reached the city. As the speeders slow down, some of the raiders start popping off shots randomly about themselves, at buildings or into the air. They carry down the street until they reach where the militiamen have staked out, and you as well.

Jedireaper
"Okay, here we go." I walk out into the middle of the street long enough for them to see me and stop if they want. I activate my lightsabre. "Stop!"

REXXXX
You stride out into the middle of the street and stand solidly in its center as you activate your lightsaber. That certainly gets their attention!

The speeders come to a halt, and the raiders riding on it dismount, with the exception of the drivers and the gunners (for the speeders have massive repeaters mounted on the rear).

One raider- a burly man who pulls out a pair of ridiculously-sized pistols- steps to the fore.

"Who the hell are you supposed to be?" he demands to know.

Jedireaper
Denzral looked at the man solidly. "I am a Jedi. And I am here to stop you. Lay down your weapons and come with me." He took two steps forward. "I would prefer not to have to fight you all. However if I must I will."

(Persuade: 3) Just going to try this.

REXXXX
The raiders look at each other nervously, then to their leader, who is laughing uproariously.

"Bwahahaha," he roars. "There's only one of you and fifty of us! What makes you think we're going to come quietly?"

He levels his blaster pistols at you and begins charging them. The rest of the raiders follow their leader's example.

"If you really want us to come with, you'll have to try a bit harder than that."

Jedireaper
"Okay, have it your way." If his blaster is charging, can I make it over charge with the Force and have it explode in his hand? And how many FP's do I have?

REXXXX
You have seven Force points. Normally these must last you the entire game... but, as there will be a time gap between this scene and the next, any points you spend will be replenished. Have at it!

Causing a blaster to explode in someone's hand is beyond your power, though. You would need a higher Force rating for something so impressive.

Also, what schticks are you starting with? Seems you have gone for your lightsaber first.

Jedireaper
ORTHODOX GUARD
RIPOSTE
REFLECTION

These are the only ones I have for sabre's. I'll use strike to move forward to cut down the apparent leader, well at least cut one leg and an arm off. So he is both disarmed and immobile.

REXXXX
Strike is a power that you would use after you make a roll, to convert all your 1s into 4s. Do you want to hold off until you know how well you did?

In any case, let's look at the situation.

The Darttan militia has set up along the sides of the street in various hiding places, atop buildings and in alleys and the like. As mentioned, they are armed with targeting rifles- they only need two successes to kill their targets. As they are in hiding, they will get a free turn of attack on the raiders. Sherman, their leader, is up there with them.

The raiders themselves are armed with standard blaster rifles, aside from the Leader who is toting those massive pistols rather comfortably. Behind them, the speeder have mounted repeating cannons, the Supermooks handling them having 10,000 Bolts for the purpose of rattling off volleys.

----

RAIDER INTERCEPTION, Start of Turn 1

City Street- Left

Militia x10 (G6): 0 (cover 1)

Sherman (G11): 1(1P)/0 (1F) (cover 1)

City Street- Center

Denzral (LS11): 3/0 (7F)

Raider Leader (G9): 3(in CC only)/0 (2F)

Raiders x45 (G5): 0

Speeder Gunner A (G7): 0 (cover 2)

Speeder Gunner B (G7): 0 (cover 2)

City Street- Right

----

Staying with your action? The Militiamen will open fire when you start the attack.

Jedireaper
You said there were twenty militia men. Hmm...

"Okay have it your way." Denzral raises his lightsabre and dashes forwards, twirling the sabre around the slice throuh the mans guns. And then to lop off the speeders laser cannon next turn.

REXXXX
Corrected.

As you leap into action, it is those twenty militiamen that open fire! The crackle of blasterfire resonates down the street as some of the raiders are shot dead before they can react. Sherman admirably puts a bolt between the eyes of one standing next to the leader.

You attack the leader! He seems sure of his footing and has a Defense of 3 with Close Quarters Gunman, leaving you on eight dice. You charge him down and take a swipe. Five successes in 11 damage! He narrowly avoids your swipe with a backstep or two, or you would have taken his arms.

The raiders are too stunned by the surprise sniper volley to give much a response, but the leader makes a Leadership roll, rallying two of his henchmen to take shots at you. Both miss, and you casually reflect one back for a kill.

The leader is a much better shot, especially up close. He taps Gunslinger as he backpedals, putting you briefly on the defensive. He matches your five successes for 10 damage- those heavy pistols hit hard with Both Guns Blazing- then spends a Fortune point to refresh the tapped schtick.

----

RAIDER INTERCEPTION, Start of Turn 2

City Street- Left

Sherman (G11): 1(1P)/0 (1F) (cover 1)

City Street- Center

Denzral (LS11): 3/10 (7F)

Raider Leader (G12): 3(in CC only)/11 (1F)

Raiders x23 (G5): 0
Raiders x9 (G5): 1

Speeder Gunner B (G7): 0 (cover 2)

City Street- Right

----

You had initiative last turn thanks to your sneak attack, but remember you might not get it this time around! The raiders are also coming out of their daze and are ready to fight back.

Jedireaper
I'll make a stab forward with my sabre in a wide sweep to try and take off the leaders arms again. And if it fails I'll use Fling to throw him into the speeder. Then prepare to defend myself for their turn before or after who wins initiative.

REXXXX
This is not going to be a matter of arm removal. Attacking him with your lightsaber signifies trying to kill him, especially as he is shooting at you. Still going for a standard attack or are we skipping to Fling?

And anything particular for defending or just the natural defense of your Guard?

Remember that you do need to specify these things...

Jedireaper
I see, I will Fling or Combat Push the man into the speeder's viewing window and use my natural defense.

REXXXX
I will take Fling as your action because you mentioned it first, but you need to specify one thing you are doing a turn. Ush would take that as indecisiveness and deprive you of your turn. But Fling it is!

The raiders get initiative! They split their fire between the two groups of militia, but the various pieces of cover frustrate them. No militiamen are gunned down, though many are rattled by blasterfire and sprayed with debris and sparks. Some find their cover rendered useless.

One of the blaster cannons tries to annihilate a militiaman on the right side but totally misses on its first shot! The other goes after Sherman. Four successes is reduced to two by his Parry from Eye of the Storm and his cover, hitting him for 6 damage. It fires again but Sherman is a hard target.

Finally, the leader retained a group of raiders to assail you. You take 6 damage from their blaster and another 9 damage from the leader, but you get a Reflection kill in the process.

Now you go! You kick off your side's turn by throwing out an opened palm, calling on the Force to assist you. The leader is entirely surprised when you hurl him bodily backward into one of the speeders, shattering its windshield and giving him 9 damage. He is also Knocked Back- he loses his next action.

Sherman didn't like being sprayed down by a turret. He puts one of the gunners in his sights and puts a bolt skimming across the top of the repeater's built-in cover for 7 damage.

Lastly, the militia snipers take down a full nineteen raiders. Your opponent's numbers are dwindling.

----

RAIDER INTERCEPTION, Start of Turn 3

City Street- Left

Militia x3 (G6): 0 (cover 1)
Militia x5 (G6): 1 (cover 1)
Militia x2 (G6): 2

Sherman (G11): 1(1P)/6 (1F)

City Street- Center

Denzral (LS11): 3/25 (6F)

Raider Leader (G12): 3(in CC only)/20 (1F) (Knocked Back)

Raiders x11 (G5): 0
Raiders x1 (G5): 1

Speeder Gunner B (G7): 7 (cover 2)

City Street- Right

Militia x1 (G6): 0 (cover 1)
Militia x6 (G6): 1 (cover 1)
Militia x3 (G6): 2

----

Jedireaper
Denz will tap Riposte and move towards the group of 11, striking down the closest target, or at the very least dismembering him. "Lay down your weapons and further bloodshed can be avoided!"

REXXXX
So long as those repeaters are operating and their leader is standing, they will not surrender. You sense that much.

Jedireaper
Actually would advanced sabre throw go through more than one in the group of 11?

REXXXX
It can only be used to attack one target.

Jedireaper
Denz will move towards the group of 11, striking down the closest target, or at the very least dismembering him. I'll make a tap on Riposte if necessary.

REXXXX
Not quite productive toward getting them to surrender, I will hint.

Jedireaper
May I change my action? If so. I'll run up to the speeder that is armed and lob off the cannons.

REXXXX
Certainly. Is there anything special you want to do for that?

Jedireaper
Take as written. Sorry I've been very distracted the past day, the mixing work is building up on my project.

REXXXX
The raiders get initiative! Bad news for the militiamen, who take some light casualties. Sherman taps Eye of the Storm to avoid the wrath of Gunner B, while Gunner A goes after you. It hits on its first attack, then again on its second, then runs out of dice- 10 damage.

You respond by closing in and running your lightsaber up the barrel of the repeater, causing the gun itself to explode and throw the gunner from the speeder. No damage to the gunner, but now he is fairly useless. Sherman takes out the second one with a clean shot of seven successes.

He signals the militia snipers to hold their fire and seek greater cover, which they do.

----

RAIDER INTERCEPTION, Start of Turn 4

City Street- Left

Militia x3 (G6): 0 (cover 2)
Militia x2 (G6): 1 (cover 2)
Militia x2 (G6): 2 (cover 1)

Sherman (G11): 1(1P)/6 ES EE] (1F)

City Street- Center

Denzral (LS11): 3/35 (6F)

Raider Leader (G12): 3(in CC only)/20 (1F)

Raiders x11 (G5): 0
Raiders x1 (G5): 1

Speeder Gunner A (C6): 0

City Street- Right

Militia x1 (G6): 0 (cover 2)
Militia x5 (G6): 1 (cover 2)
Militia x1 (G6): 2 (cover 1)

----

The leader has picked himself up from the windshield of the speeder you threw him into, but his men have dwindled and their heavy gunners are out of position... now is your chance to try for the arrest!

Jedireaper
Can't really think of anything to say. Politics aren't my strong point.

Denzral will point the blade of his lightsabre at the leaders throat. "Further resistance is futile, surrender now!." Or something more astute, Denzral shouts. If it fails I'll lob off the other gun, and tap Orthodox Guard for protection from the Raiders.

("We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own, your culture will adapt to serve with us. resistance is futile."wink

Be back on Friday, these are my actions.

REXXXX
You might want to try something more Intimidating to the leader himself; you sense the others fear him more than you. Luckily, you have a kinetic power very useful for such things...

Jedireaper
Can I use grip on the man but not kill him. "Tell your men to lay down their weapons."

REXXXX
Grip works perfectly.

The leader gives a gasp of surrender, dropping his pistols. You have succeeded! The raiders toss down their rifles to follow the example.

There is a roaring noise coming from the direction that the raiders came from.

Jedireaper
Can I subdue the man, cuff him or something? And this roaring noise, what does it sound like?

REXXXX
It sounds like an engine... but not like the landspeeders. It is coming from the sky.

Jedireaper
Their ship perhaps? I'll look in that direction, after arresting the leader. (Will the militia men arrest the others?)

REXXXX
Yes- they are moving down to help you make arrests.

And it is a ship, moving very quickly toward your position.

You sense sharp and immediate danger.

Jedireaper
Can reflection stop ship blasters?

REXXXX
It is not using its blasters (though the answer is no, they are too powerful, though stylistically you might be able to block them).

Jedireaper
I know I was just wondering. "Militia, get the captives into cover and hold them there. Quickly!" Denz shouted urgently. Ok, the sppder with the repeating blaster that still functions is it swivel mounted can it turn? I might want to make use of it.

REXXXX
Not enough time for them to react to your order, and you ignore your warning.

The starship fires a pair of torpedoes directly for you... but they explode early and a flurry of smaller torpedoes break off! Cluster missiles!

The rockets roar down upon you and ravage the street, cutting you off from the raiders and their speeders as you are thrown into the air.

Jedireaper
-I must have missed your earlier post, Rexx. Oops.

Can I right myself and use advanced sabre throw at the ships engines?

REXXXX
You sensed danger and didn't react.

The explosion has rendered you incapable of action for a moment, as everything becomes smoke and fire and dust. You were deafened by the torrent of blasts and dizzied by the concussive impact. You climb to your feet very slowly, and the ship is already gone by then.

The raiders have taken the opportunity to flee in their speeders!

Jedireaper
"Is everyone okay?!" Denzral asked, coughing. He then burst forward through the smoke and dust. Where did they go, and can I catched them with dash? (Force Run)

REXXXX
Some of the militiamen have been killed, vaporized in the explosions. Buildings on either side of the street have been obliterated.

One man emerges from the smoke still standing, however. Sniper rifle in hand, Sherman snaps up the weapon and puts a barrage of shots toward one of the escaping speeders. His aim is true; he catches an engine and it bursts after a solid hit.

He tries for the other, but it has gone out of range.

"Go after them," Sherman says. "We don't have fighters to chase that ship, but at least you can nab these raiders."

Jedireaper
I'll give chase in the best way I can. "Sherman, do you have any speeders?"

REXXXX
"Not that you could get to quickly," Sherman says. "Get to running or they'll do the same!"

Jedireaper
Say's nothing else, already at a dead run *DASH* perhaps

REXXXX
Using Dash would be wasteful- it is intended for short distances only, and you would have to make Agility rolls all the while. You run as fast as humanly possible.

By the time you reach the speeder, the raiders have already bailed and are running out ahead of you. With Sherman having blown out one of its thrusters, it can only turn left. You will have to keep running after them.

Jedireaper
Are they all running in the same direction? That would be too easy. And is the boss guy with them?

REXXXX
Observation to check whether or not they are all together or if the boss is with them.

Jedireaper
Ok I'll perform observation

REXXXX
With a pool of six for Observation + Perception, Denzral is not the most observant of Jedi... but he pulls off four successes! Enough to determine that they've chosen safety in numbers and that their boss is with them!

Jedireaper
Then I'll give chase, and my objective will be to capture the boss.

REXXXX
You press on, hoping to overtake them. If that starship was their way out, it has not returned. They have nowhere to go.

Eventually, they reach one of the immense grain fields as you start to catch up on them, your Jedi endurance allowing you to close distance as they start to tire. And they seem to realize it. As they plunge into the grain, the boss turns and starts firing shots at you. Nothing hits- the range is too extreme yet- but you expect resistance within those crops...

Jedireaper
Indeed, I plunge in after them.

REXXXX
The boss vanishes into the crops before you reach him, and so you go in after him.

In the crops, you cannot see a thing! Your lightsaber provides limited light with its glow and wherever you wave it, it lightly cuts the stalks of alien wheat about you. But the density of the crops is what keeps you from seeing further- Observation will be useless here for checks made on sight.

Jedireaper
Wait, stops to think. I was told not to fight in the fields because they need the crops. Are there any raised structures that I saw while running towards the field?

REXXXX
There are some moisturizers amidst the crops, but nothing raised within the fields.

Kudos to Denzral for being mindful of his allies' wants and needs, however!

Jedireaper
Can I perform a scan to help determine where the boss guy will be breaking out of the field and intercept him there instead of cutting my way straight through the crops?

REXXXX
You can Sense where people are within the crops, but it is Intuition to determine which one is the boss.

Jedireaper
How many FP's do I have left?

REXXXX
You have five points for the scene.

Jedireaper
Okay I'll spend one on Intuition, and make a beeline for the boss, moving around the outside of the fields, down work lanes and such. Hoping that the other militia will track down the others.

REXXXX
Intuition does not work that way... and you are the only one tracking now.

Jedireaper
Okay, how large is this field, I'll continue making my way around as quickly as possible. Heading for where I can sense the boss.

REXXXX
It is quite large indeed, this particular field being one square mile. The fields are sectioned off by crop into such blocks. Going to skirt your way around it?

Jedireaper
Not any more, straight through.

REXXXX
Denzral plunges into the wheat field! Your lightsaber crackles gently as you accidentally clip the stalks of wheat that sway around you. Direction is hard to make out in this wheat field... you sense you are heading toward the boss, though...

Bang-bang! A pair of lasers zips out of left field and past you, the boss tumbling through the crops behind them and at you. His henchmen are with him.

-----

RAIDER INTERCEPTION, Start of Turn 5

Crop Field

Denzral (LS11): 3/35 (6F)

Raider Leader (G12): 3(in CC only)/20 (1F)

Speeder Gunner A (G7): 0

Raiders x4 (G5): 0

-----

Jedireaper
I'll tap reflection and continue to move towards them, using a combat push/shove or a Force blast (something similar to what Obi-Wan uses in TPM against the droids in the corridor) when I can. If next turn, then so be it.

REXXXX
A Combat Push is what you are thinking of, but to hit multiple targets you need Twirl, from the Balance Mastery. Lacking that, you can only hit one target at a time. Does that change your action at all?

I will note that this is the best time to use a Reflection tap, when you have a lot of shooters coming your way! Good thinking.

Jedireaper
Hopefully I'll take down one of the grunts with the reflection, if not two, and I'll combat push the boss first if the others are still up, and move onto them afterwards.

REXXXX
Your opponents take initiative this turn, and open fire! The raiders are dropped to two dice apiece by your Defense, making it impossible for them to sneak blasts past your Reflection tap. You promptly take out three shooters with a reflective flourish. The fourth gets you for three damage... but his dice total at 10, a multiple of five! You Riposte swiftly and slice his arm off. The gunner, now armed with a blaster rifle, gets you for five damage himself. The boss also gets you for five.

He must have been distracted by your sudden Combat Push, snapping your hand outward after your flourish and catching him in the chest. You get +3 dice out of the ordeal. Four successes is 10 damage to the leader.

-----

RAIDER INTERCEPTION, Start of Turn 6

Crop Field

Denzral (LS11): 3/48 RF RP] (5F)

Raider Leader (G12): 3(in CC only)/30 (1F)

Speeder Gunner A (G7): 0

-----

The faster you resolve this the better, Denzral- you're closing in on your limit. Remember your defensive options.

Jedireaper
Okay, I'll try. hows this?))

I'll swap out reflection and swap in Martial Art. Besides that, I am going to call out, while tapping Orthodox Guard. "Do you really want to leave here in a body bag! Give yourselves up to me, and I'll see you receive a fair trial for your crimes!"

Alkaselzer
(You should tap Riposte too and maybe spend a point on Strike or something. You have a lot of Force points left for a combat situation that is about to over.)

Jedireaper
I don't actually want to kill them to be honest. How close am I to the fightees?

REXXXX
Bit late to be not killing, and a bit hard to do that as well!

You're in close combat with the two remaining attackers.

Jedireaper
Okay, I'll still tap orthodox guard and take out the gunner person. Then use grip on the bosses throat to knock the man (hopefully) unconscious. At least that is my goal.

REXXXX
The gunner and the boss get initiative! Tapping Orthodox Guard gives you +2 Parry against incoming attacks, but it may not have been enough. It seems you get lucky this time around- the gunner gets you for 3 damage, and the boss misses!

You respond by rolling ten successes of your own- mostly 2s and 1s, which count as successes with that Guard tap- and cut the gunner cleanly in half.

-----

RAIDER INTERCEPTION, Start of Turn 7

Crop Field

Denzral (LS9): 3/51 OGu RF RP] (5F)

Raider Leader (G12): 3(in CC only)/30 (1F)

-----

It is all down to initiative, now. If you want to make any other nifty Force expenditures to make sure you survive, do so now...

Jedireaper
I'd like to use grip on the man's throat. "Life is precious, don't lose yourself, in this pointless action. You will lose your life! Fool!" I'll move to slice off his gun hand, or at least his gun, tapping riposte. I'd prefer to destroy his gun and leave the boss intact but, either way he is disarmed so... that or I slice him in half. (something I'd like to avoid) If I get initive first, I'll attempt the disarm, if not I'll kill him. Can I spend a FP to get initive?

REXXXX
That post was a bit confusing... do you want to Grip him if you get initiative or do you want to attack him? You cannot slice the gun out of his hand; it is a Lightsaber attack and you'll be hitting him with it.

If you had the schtick Charge you could tap it to act first, or if you had the Force power 'Quickness' you could spend a Force point to do the same. As it stands, you have neither.

Jedireaper
If I get initiative I will use Grip, if not then Ill strike him down with all of my hatred and my journey towards the dark side will be complete. So to speak, tapping Riposte.

REXXXX
Hah! Non-canon Dark Side descents not permitted, I'm afraid!

Your talent with the Force is quicker than the boss's ability to aim and shoot, it seems. With a clamped fist, you will your attacker to begin suffocating as his airway is closed by your Grip. He falls to his knees and drops his guns. He gasps and gurgles but tries to say nothing.

Jedireaper
Okay,so can I capture him. Go! Pokeball ect

REXXXX
Your man falls to his knees as you get closer... but it is not because he is choking. He grabs for one of his pistols, snatches it up, and places it against his temple.

Jedireaper
"Who sent you?!" Denz freezes, he hadn't expected this.

REXXXX
He meets your gaze.

"Hail the Cult of Necros!" he gurgles, before squeezing the trigger. The bolt kills him instantly, and he falls backwards.

Jedireaper
Denz looked at the body of the boss, it's head a smoking crater. He was a little shocked; and feeling very foolish. He could have handled the situation a lot better than he did. He realised he was surrounded by the bodies of the Raiders, and he suddenly felt saddened, and he wondered who would clear up this mess. He turned and loked at the devastation to the field, and sighed, beginning to walk back through the field. 'The Cult of Necros?' He thought to himself.

REXXXX
The devastation to the field has not been great, but you have cut down a few great swaths of wheat with your lightsaber unintentionally.

The Cult of Necros, though... hearing that name sends a chill through you. This is not the first time you have heard of them. The very first time was an unpleasant one. It was the day your Master was assassinated.

Jedireaper
Denzral will head back to the village.

REXXXX
As you walk back to town, you have time to ponder what the boss said.

The Cult of Necros was something you and your Master were investigating all those years ago. You had no leads, just rumors, and one murder...

-

You stand over the body. Being on the verge of Knighthood, corpses are not something you are unnerved by, as sad as it is to see one. But the way this one has been mutilated and set on display...

"Denzral," says your Master, Viess Ichinara, walking into the room beside you. "The security guard of the complex doesn't remember seeing anything... but I have a bad feeling about this."

The body before you was an attendant to Senator Narme of Zeszi. Senator Narme was under investigation for connections to the Hutts. You and your Master had been assigned to keep tabs on him, but now you are presented with something more pressing. A murder! Right here in the Senator's courtyard!

Jedireaper
Kanna Ichine (pronounced I-sheen) female human (if you want). If you remember we re-named Denz's master before we began. I can forward the PM to you if you so wish.))

"Yes, I remember now... The Cult..."

-------

Is the courtyard, public access? How many poeple can see this body (that I can tell)?

"So do I, Master. What should we do?"

REXXXX
(Oh yes, forgot about that. Kanna Ichine it is.)

It is not a public access area, it is a private courtyard attached to the Senator's complex.

"Examine the body," Master Ichine says. "It was beyond security, let's see if we can glean anything from it..."

It is Perception + Medicine to examine the body.

Jedireaper
"Of course, Master." Denzral, grimacing a little, moves forward and gingerly begins to examine the body, careful not to disturb any evidence, pertaining to his death.

Perception: 4
Medicine: 2

REXXXX
You roll four successes. A good roll! You are able to spot some of the more subtle damage to the body, aside from the glaring obvious. The glaring obvious, of course, being that the man's throat was cut and his eyes removed. The eyes have been replaced with coins that you are not familiar with.

The stab wounds are what you notice. They are too clean, too precise. It is almost as if they have been measured.

"Hmm," Master Ichine says. "There is no doubt about this being ritualistic. The question now, is who did it, and why."

Jedireaper
"I did not think the Hutt's would deal in the ritualistic, master, if they had wanted someone dead they would simply kill them. I do not believe the Huts are involved, at least not directly. But why kill this man, is it a warning to us, or to Senator from some other source?"

REXXXX
"Very astute, Denzral. No, the Hutts are not ritualistic in the least; they are gangsters. I am unsure of the message being sent, though."

Your Master raises a hand and, slowly but surely, one of the coins covering the corpse's vacant eye sockets raises into the air. She dares not touch it, to avoid contaminating evidence, but this way you can get a look.

Jedireaper
I do so. "Perhaps it is a way to stop what ever acts the senator is involved in." Denz says mostly to himself, as he looks at the coin more closely.

REXXXX
The coin is intricately engraved. You do not recognize the emblem, but Master Ichine seems perturbed.

Jedireaper
Denzral noticed. "Kanna, what is it?" He asked losing sense of his formality, due to the coins intricate design, in front of his mistress. He had known her for several years, and they had formed a solid friendship.

REXXXX
"This symbol," Master Ichine says, "used to represent the Cult of Necros."

Jedireaper
"The Cult of Necros." Denzral repeated blankly. He had never heard of them, but his master obviously knew of them. "Who, or what, are they?"

REXXXX
"A clan of great and terrible evil," your Master says, "and a sect of the ancient Sith. Alchemists and necromancers and conspirators and manipulators, all."

Jedireaper
Denzral shivered. "That doesn't bode well for this investigation does, it?" Denz turned around, and faced his master. "Perhaps the senator has done something to cross this cult, and now they are exacting revenge..." It was more a stray thought than anything solid, although he had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach (he assumed to be caused by the bodies presence) about the situation. "How long ago do you think this man was killed (he is male right?)."

REXXXX
"The Cult should no longer exist," Master Ichine says. "They died out with the Sith."

Ichine is distracted with this revelation.

Jedireaper
Denzral stops short. "But.." He didn't know what to do. "What do we know about the Cult?"

REXXXX
She examines the coin, letting it spin idly in the air before you.

"The Cult..."

It is then that the first shot rings out. You should have sensed it, but you did not. Why did you not sense it? A laser zips down and strikes Master Kanna Ichine across the left shoulder, spinning her about as she takes 9 damage. Another comes in, hitting her side for 5 damage. Another burns across her leg for 4 damage. Another burns through the same leg for 5 damage. Another goes higher and hits her hand as she reaches for her lightsaber in a panic, for 6 damage. One strikes her in the chest for 4 damage. The last shot in the flurry blasts her chest again for 4 damage.

Someone is rapidly taking shots at your Master!

Jedireaper
Denzral is taken completely by surprise, as the coin drops in an almost unbelievable slow motion. By the time he had his lightsabre spring to life, Ichine was already falling to the ground, laser shots exploding against her chest. "MASTER ICHINE!!!!" Denzral quickly realised he hadn't been targeted yet. He moved to cover his master, looking for the shooter or shooters. Why didn't her sense the attack before it happened?

REXXXX
You don't know, and that is disturbing to you.

As you bring your lightsaber to bear, you manage to catch the glint of light from the top of a far off skyscraper. One final laser bolt zips in from there and hits Master Ichine squarely on her forehead. She goes down.

Now you sense the danger, just as the coin clatters on the ground.

Jedireaper
Tears welled in his eyes as the shot took a chunk out of his masters face. And then a sharp shooting bolt of anger pierced his heart, leaving a daunting shadow on his face as he fell to his knees, lightsabre held before him. He was angry. Angry and he was also shocked. And he was upset. he felt a number of things. Strongest of them was anger, he wanted to lash out at his masters death, make the assailant suffer. He wanted to make those responsible pay. In fact, in his heart, he made a vow. Bt right of this moment, Denzral didn't know what to do? Chase the glint of light. No. Too far away. Inform the counc... he looked up at the far away skyscraper, expecting an attack. His lightsabre still held before him.

(I'm doing this so the man can say that he wept big bantha tears, lol)

REXXXX
However this man managed to take your Master unawares, it was too late to do the same to the Student. He took one particular shot at you with remarkable accuracy- seven successes doubled to fourteen for 17 damage- that left a nasty wound in your shoulder. The scar has since healed; bacta does that.

But it was his only hit. You ducked inside the complex shortly after. A single thought (not your own... another inexplicable thing) told you to Run! and you did so.

After it was over, in your grief, you retrieved two things from the scene as they took your Master's body away- the lightsaber of Kanna Ichine... and the coin.

-

You flip the coin around in your hand as you walk back to the town of Haab on Dartta. You never found any leads on that attendant's murder, nor your Master's. What does it mean that the Cult has returned?

Sherman is waiting for you, sitting on the hood of the speeder whose engines he shot out.

"You return alone," Sherman says. "I thought Jedi tried to take their men alive."

Jedireaper
Denzral simply nodded at Sherman. "Things... things became difficult."

REXXXX
Sherman sighs.

"I thought it would. I'll send men out to... clean up. We have reports from Nactown that the others were apprehended by their militia."

In the town of Haab, the fires have been put out. The missile bombardment by that ship did a number on several of the structures, leaving them charred skeletons.

"We also got scans on that ship," Sherman says.

Jedireaper
"I'm sorry about the mess," he said, as if finally noticing the blackened buildings. "Things got out of hand. I am sorry for the loss of your men." Denzral flipped the coin in his hand up several feet and then caught it on it's way back down. The Cult Of Necros, they must still exist. He looked at the floor for a moment, he didn't feel any anger, but it was within him. But it would do no good to come out. "What did you find out about their ship?"

REXXXX
"Visual scan, mostly," Sherman says. "We've not got very advanced stuff..."

He produces a miniature projector and the ship pops up in blurry hologram form. It is a triangular, though not narrow like your Jedi interceptor. It is more a right triangle, with the cockpit on the straight-edged side and a cluster of weapons and sensors on the lone wing.

Wait a moment... you've seen this ship! You saw it leaving Zeszi the same day your Master was killed. It caught your attention, though you were not sure why.

Jedireaper
(what make of ship is it)

"It's okay." Denz said. "Any ideas where it was heading?" He asked on a whim.

REXXXX
Nothing you recognize.

"None," Sherman says.

Jedireaper
Denzral nodded, and smiled grimacingly. "There has been some damage to one of your crop fields, but I did my best to limit it. I will have to go and report in to the council. Can you transmit this data to my astromech unit?"

REXXXX
"Certainly."

The Council will be eager to hear of your small success against the Raiders, especially to hear that they may be part of something much larger.

Your astromech droid has your ship ready and waiting, the Jedi interceptor prototype that you were asked to test and then allowed to keep. You've modified it so that it doesn't require a hyperspace ring to launch into lightspeed and flies faster.

Anything that Denzral wishes to do before leaving Dartta?

Jedireaper
Not really. He should probably bid a farewell to Sherman. He respects the man.

REXXXX
Sherman is very appreciative of your help, as are all the people of Haab.

"We would have given them a fight," Sherman says, "but without your help, they would have taken everything we had. I hope you find what you're looking for, Master Jedi."

Jedireaper
"I will, thank you." Denzral said as he knocked the repulsors into gear. "Lets get into orbit, Soapy (called as such, because he fell into a vat of soapy liquid on one of his missions)." Denzral said as he cut the com.

REXXXX
The Jedi interceptor starts up with the drone of its engines and soon you are leaving Dartta behind, just one of millions of planets that blink away behind you as you jump into hyperspace.

On Coruscant, the Council accepts your request to hear what you have to say. They are pleased to hear that your mission to stop the raiders was successful, but are concerned by the urgency you display in wanting to go before them.

The attendant to the Council, Trorn, is waiting for you at the entrance to the Council chambers.

"Eager to see the Council, I see," Trorn says. "The Council will see you shortly. Please be patient."

Jedireaper
Trom? Who is he?

"Yes." He stated meekly.

He wasn't sure how to phrase everything, but he had meditated on the subject on the flight home. "Master Kanna..." He whispered silently, as if hoping some kind of ethereal projection would enter his mind a guide him. His mind was a little clouded. He had vowed as a padawan to avenge his master, but it was not the Jedi way.

It was dark, but it also drew him in, he found it enticing. He could see the many ways in which Kanna's murderers would suffer. If flashed before his eyes, but he had been trained well, and his mind didn't succumb. But it was as though a dark rain cloud was hovering above his head, and the light wasa dull gray.

He did not know. "I hope the council sense all this." He commented idly, and kept his mind as open as possible, metaphorically letting the rain cloud shift and grow. (I like rain :P )

REXXXX
Trorn is a Jedi Knight that plays receptionist for the Council, a very studious man.

It is not long before the Council opens its doors and Trorn ushers you into their chambers to present your findings. The Council is in full attendance, with the exception of Master Yoda.

Jedireaper
Denzral bows to the council in respect.

REXXXX
The acknowledge your respectful gesture by nodding all together.

"Denzral Vassisk," Ki-Adi-Mundi says. "We received your report on the raiders at Dartta. It is unfortunate that you could take none alive, but we congratulate you on your success in defeating them. You have saved many lives by your acts, and I'm sure the Darttans are more than happy despite any damages to their towns."

Jedireaper
"The damage to their property was unfortunate, I had intended to resolve the situation with as little mess as possible. However..." Denzral took a quick pause, to glance around the room. Where was master Yoda? "... before the raider's apparent leader killed himself, I did get one piece of information from him; the Cult of Necros." Denzral paused after this.

REXXXX
There is now a flurry of discussion between the Council members. Mace Windu looks concerned, then brings the whispers to a halt with a raised hand.

"The Cult of Necros?" Windu asks. "Are you certain?"

Jedireaper
"Yes." Denzral responds with a solemness in his expression, as he looked across the council members. "However, only an investigation will bring fourth tangible evidence. I-" Denzral smiled slightly, "Soapy, my astromech has scans of the Raiders ship; provided by the Darttans. While they are not the best scans in the world, it is certainly something to start with. The ship does not appear to, in my knowledge, be a well known model. At least not one I am familiar with."

REXXXX
Though you have seen it before.

"The Cult of Necros has been destroyed for millennia," Plo Koon says. "Is it not possible that these raiders simply used the name to inspire fear in those that they assaulted?"

"It is too specific," Ki-Adi-Mundi says. "The Cult were not raiders. At least, not in that way..."

"Much is not known about the Cult," Mace Windu adds. "We cannot be certain of anything in regards to their sad ways."

Jedireaper
Denzral let the council discuss the situation.

REXXXX
Windu is studying you while the Council members discuss amongst themselves once more. It is Ki-Adi-Mundi that addresses you next.

"This holds special resonance for you, does it not?" Master Mundi asks.

Jedireaper
Denzral's expression briefly changed, going from passive to almost resentful of the fact that Master Mundi had reached this stage of the topic. Pain shone in his eyes. He gathered himself quickly however, and nodded. "Yes." Denzral almost refused to keep talking. "Although-" he glanced at the other members "-as you are all aware, several years ago my master was..." he redirected his gaze back the Mundi "...assassinated.". He then noticed that Mace Windu was studying him; to hell with it! I am a human being, and I feel pain at my masters death, let him watch me! His eyes hardened. "The investigation into my Master's death brought fourth little in the way of Insight. We had found the body of a man, his eye's hollowed out and replaced with coins, not to mention precision gashes , and the coins were of the Cult of Necros."

REXXXX
"I am aware of the details of the fall of Master Kanna Ichinne," Mace Windu says. "One of those coins is the possession of the Council. You hold the other."

"This means that this particular subject holds particular danger for you, Denzral," Plo Koon says. "If the Cult of Necros has returned in some new form, hunting them will a temptation for you."

Jedireaper
"I do." he flicked it in his hand, rubbing his thumb over the engraved surface. "Yes." He lowered his head. "It is, master Kloon. I agree that this is something I should not look into for that very reason. The thought of not telling you about the cult's supposed return had crossed my mind. So yes this is a dangerous subject for me." He returned completely to the passive expression of earlier. "I am sorry."

REXXXX
"It is fortunate that you did inform us of this possible problem," Windu says, "and even more so that you realize what dangers the Cult holds for you personally."

"It is not a coincidence, I feel," Mundi says, "that it was you that apprehended the raiders at Dartta. The Force is at work here."

Jedireaper
Denzral remained silent.

REXXXX
The Council, with your silence, looks to Windu to proceed. He does so.

"I believe what Master Mundi is implying is that there is a reason only you have heard of this return," Windu says. "These coins are evidence of its truth. You are a Jedi Knight, Denzral, and we do not hesitate to burden you with the task of uncovering the Cult of Necros. I would not ask if you were not willing."

Jedireaper
"I am willing, master." Denzral had not considered even for a second the conclusion that Windu and Mundi had come to. But now he could see the connections they had made. Can Denzral feel anything himself about the situation? (Intuition is it? I'll only do it if it will get me anything I need. Otherwise I consider it a waste of a Force Point that I would use elsewhere)

(Did you give Denz a Dream? I don't remember. I swear there is something I am missing here. Something that could have been useful.)

REXXXX
Dreams come at poinant points in the game rather than immediately.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>