Mister X vs. Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
Two of the guys you love to hate...who wins?

JakeTheBank
How does X's power interact with someone with increased brain power/usage?

Q99
I would think he'd be in trouble. He'd be able to read it, but Deathstroke can throw out so many thoughts at once that it'll be hard to tell what to do.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Q99
I would think he'd be in trouble. He'd be able to read it, but Deathstroke can throw out so many thoughts at once that it'll be hard to tell what to do. What the f**k?

how many thought can he throw out and do you have a specific story reference to make that claim?

bwahaha_guy
doesnt matter what sladew will think off mister x will read his mind and also read his entire strategy of movement and will own him

Q99
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

how many thought can he throw out and do you have a specific story reference to make that claim?

A lot more than a normal human, that's his power.

Batgirl noted reading his body language from movement was like 'a choir', so many voices it was hard to tell what he was going to do.

Wild Shadow
mariofacepalm

i wonder what She would say about Cap, DP or wolverine...

DD has commented how he cant read cap's body, that he gets nothing but static from DP and well wolverine in feral or berserker mode should have her in a seizure

bwahaha_guy
Originally posted by Q99

Batgirl noted reading his body language from movement was like 'a choir', so many voices it was hard to tell what he was going to do.

doesnt matter x locks into his brain and can know every move he is about to throw and any strategy of his

manx422
Deathstroke

bwahaha_guy
mister x

jesserw21
do we even noe if telepathy works on DS?

Original Smurph
X wins.

namorsubby
slade wilson

Mindset
Originally posted by jesserw21
do we even noe if telepathy works on DS? Has it been shown not to?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Q99

Thats becuase he a meta.

X has had no trouble reading meta's and wolverine mind is also enhanced the idea that X would be unable to lock onto DS brain patterns is a stretch.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Q99

Batgirl noted reading his body language from movement was like 'a choir', so many voices it was hard to tell what he was going to do. that's pretty ghey

namorsubby
Logan's berserker rage and IF's drunken MA style has somewhat discredited X's own discription of his power if you ask me. I mean, one minute he's all, inate ability this, and nerve-ending that........and the next minute he's totally thrown by a crazy hissy fit from a small canadian and a willy-nilly fighting style with an unpredictable structure.I think Slade's super-fast calculating machine of a mind would be too much for him as well.

edit:
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Thats becuase he a meta.

X has had no trouble reading meta's and wolverine mind is also enhanced the idea that X would be unable to lock onto DS brain patterns is a stretch.

none of those meta's had slade's specific ability........not even logan. what makes you think that the fact that he could read them means he could do the same to slade?

Wild Shadow
only way i would buy X not being able to read DS mind is if he fights Captain america and states he cant read his enhanced SSS mind...

that would be the final nail in his over rated power coffin of a power...

a B#$#$slap of epic proportion and no more credibility no way of being redeemed

namorsubby
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
only way i would buy X not being able to read DS mind is if he fights Captain america and states he cant read his enhanced SSS mind... what does steve's "enhanced sss mind" have anything to do with slade's stated amd displayed mental meta abillity? it's nothing to compare if you ask me.........

abstracter
mister x wins and stomps this fool unless you can prove that slade can resist telepathy your argument is not even worth wiping my ass with

Battlehammer
Originally posted by namorsubby
Logan's berserker rage and IF's drunken MA style has somewhat discredited X's own discription of his power if you ask me. I mean, one minute he's all, inate ability this, and nerve-ending that........and the next minute he's totally thrown by a crazy hissy fit from a small canadian and a willy-nilly fighting style with an unpredictable structure.
Does not discredit anything actaully. You don't really read Mister X appearances which would explain this misconception. Wolverine him self stated in was a one trick poney, that it would not work again against X. If you read there his one shot you know why Berserker rage would no longer work, X after his loses trained his power to lock onto his opponents brain waves which means that going by pure instinct would no longer work. IF incident was simply pis crpa written by reember who did zero home work on the thunderbolts before taking over for one issue it literraly contradicts mister x entire history.

Also Berserker rage is far from a little hissy fit........this is donw playing it to an absurd level.

I think Slade's super-fast calculating machine of a mind would be too much for him as well.

edit:

none of those meta's had slade's specific ability........not even logan. what makes you think that the fact that he could read them means he could do the same to slade?
Because Slade powers are almost just like capt. ALmost every single meta human has enhanced brain, X has already displayed that his powers work against such meta humans as wolverine, taskmaster ect. To assume he can't is absurd.

Original Smurph
What super-thinking feats does Deathstroke have that put him on another level than the enhanced brains of Cap and Logan?

The whole notion that X wouldn't be able to read him is quite a stretch, given that thinking speed has never trumped him before.

Humanwine
lol. Deathstroke is immune to telepathy cuz he's a meta. Okay maine

Starscream M
If you read there his one shot you know why Berserker rage would no longer work, X after his loses trained his power to lock onto his opponents brain waves what page is it stated that he locks onto brainwaves?

Starscream M
just reread the issue...battlehammer is wrong. mister x never learned to lock onto brainwaves.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Original Smurph
What super-thinking feats does Deathstroke have that put him on another level than the enhanced brains of Cap and Logan?

The whole notion that X wouldn't be able to read him is quite a stretch, given that thinking speed has never trumped him before. thumb up

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
just reread the issue...battlehammer is wrong. mister x never learned to lock onto brainwaves.
It stated in thunderbolts that what he does.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4162/tbolts13613.th.jpg

Starscream M
It stated in thunderbolts that what he does.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4162/tbolts13613.th.jpg

well, you said initially it was stated in their oneshot.

Parmaniac
EDIT: Dammit you edited your edit

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
well, you said initially it was stated in their oneshot.

Sorry I should have made it clearer. It was stated in Thunderbolts, but explained that he trained him self to combat Bersrker rage in the one shot.

namorsubby
Does not discredit anything actaully. You don't really read Mister X appearances which would explain this misconception. Wolverine him self stated in was a one trick poney, that it would not work again against X. If you read there his one shot you know why Berserker rage would no longer work, X after his loses trained his power to lock onto his opponents brain waves which means that going by pure instinct would no longer work. IF incident was simply pis crpa written by reember who did zero home work on the thunderbolts before taking over for one issue it literraly contradicts mister x entire history.

Also Berserker rage is far from a little hissy fit........this is donw playing it to an absurd level.

I think Slade's super-fast calculating machine of a mind would be too much for him as well.

edit:

Because Slade powers are almost just like capt. ALmost every single meta human has enhanced brain, X has already displayed that his powers work against such meta humans as wolverine, taskmaster ect. To assume he can't is absurd.

lol, why is it that certain posters will always claim you simply know nothing about a character when your arguement contradicts theirs? If I never read an X appearance and knew nothing of him, how would I know that the IF fight and the berserker rage incident clearly contradicts his own explanation of his power in the thunderbolts series?

Now, I have a question for you:

At the time wolverine beat X with berserker rage, there's no way his power could have been as described in thunderbolts, correct? So how in the world could anyone ever train or practice a skill so well that it would suddenly become an inate ability and/or instinct? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Honing a skill is one thing, practicing a technique until it becomes 2nd nature or subconsciously activated is another, but X's power simply is one huge contradiction and a complete disaster on the writer's part if you ask me. He went from cassandra cain-like ability to telepathic, precognitive, kung fu instinct and back again. Berserk logan beats him, all of a sudden now his power evolves, then devolves again with the IF fight.......which is total PIS, I know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The only logical explanation to this big mess is that Mr.X, in his own self-explanation of his power, simply over-exaggerated.......which wouldn't come as a suprise at all, since it happens almost all the time with the introduction of certain characters. X's history is relatively short for a comic character, and already he has 2 contradictions against his self-described power....tsk,tsk,tsk.

I was jus kidding about the hissy fit BTW, everyone knows Logan is all-powerful.

Slade's mental ability is a specifically stated meta-power, and is nothing like anything cap's,logan's, or whoever's so-called "mental-power".........cap's serum may have allowed him to think at the peak of human potential, but Slade think's at 9 times human capacity and his power is truly meta, not "peak-human", which is supposedly something like low-meta anyway.Cap's smart, cap's analytical.....Slade's super-smart, and super-analytical, literally. I myself find the fact that anyone's trying to compare these characters and the way they think to Slade and his superpowered mind "absurd".lol

edit:

Goodness......doh

That's just it.........what you said in that sentence.......super-thinking

slade has super-human thinking as a stated, displayed superhuman ability.....wolverine and cap do not

namorsubby
http://img25.imageshack.us/i/tbolts13613.jpg/

yet another flaw with Mr.X and his "ability".

in his own description, he states his reflexes automatically map onto an oppponents brain waves. Now, with him being human and all, how does that mean that he can outreact someone who's reflexes are 20 times his superior? The fact is, mr.X is human......and if his power worked the way many imply, he'd be able to easily outfight the most agile character or the fastest superspeedster.......flash would be a breeze for him.....he'd be outmanuvering his every move, every step of the way, even in close h2h combat. Now before anyone brings up slade's feats against super-speedsters, you must remember:

Slade has been and is specifically stated to have enhanced meta-human speed and reflexes

X never anywhere stated that his reflexes will always being able to outmatch those who they "map onto".......no where does he state he can be as fast as he wants to be.......but that's what many fans have been saying one way or another.......you guys kind of just took that description and ran with it, and now it's become something else entirely. augmented quote

Q99
On the 'thinking too much to keep up' thing, http://cosmicbooknews.com/pvw/mart/TBOLTS142/images/TBOLTS142_int_LR_Page_4.jpg this is along those lines.

They don't... really have brain powers for one thing, they just react peak human or a little faster. Slade does. He calculates where Flash is going to be, or so on.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Q99
They don't... really have brain powers for one thing, they just react peak human or a little faster. Slade does. He calculates where Flash is going to be, or so on. Ah, yes, they do. They have both been stated or shown to perceive things mentally at a faster rate than humans. Wolverine has been shown to be capable of outmatching multiple super-chess computers while in combat scenarios- what mental feats does Cap have to match this.

A toddler with mild super strength may still be less strong than a super-enhanced muscle builder. Similarily, Deathstroke may not have mental feats (despite his super power) to surpass the likes of Captain America or Wolverine.

I'll await the feats that are sure to come, and not the simple restating of "but he has teh super powerz!"

psycho gundam
Wolverine has been shown to be capable of outmatching multiple super-chess computers while in combat scenarios i almost barfed when i read that in the issue.

JakeTheBank
That does seem to be a very high end mental feat for Logan.

muhaha_guy
lol, why is it that certain posters will always claim you simply know nothing about a character when your arguement contradicts theirs? If I never read an X appearance and knew nothing of him, how would I know that the IF fight and the berserker rage incident clearly contradicts his own explanation of his power in the thunderbolts series?

Now, I have a question for you:

At the time wolverine beat X with berserker rage, there's no way his power could have been as described in thunderbolts, correct? So how in the world could anyone ever train or practice a skill so well that it would suddenly become an inate ability and/or instinct? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Honing a skill is one thing, practicing a technique until it becomes 2nd nature or subconsciously activated is another, but X's power simply is one huge contradiction and a complete disaster on the writer's part if you ask me. He went from cassandra cain-like ability to telepathic, precognitive, kung fu instinct and back again. Berserk logan beats him, all of a sudden now his power evolves, then devolves again with the IF fight.......which is total PIS, I know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The only logical explanation to this big mess is that Mr.X, in his own self-explanation of his power, simply over-exaggerated.......which wouldn't come as a suprise at all, since it happens almost all the time with the introduction of certain characters. X's history is relatively short for a comic character, and already he has 2 contradictions against his self-described power....tsk,tsk,tsk.

I was jus kidding about the hissy fit BTW, everyone knows Logan is all-powerful.

Slade's mental ability is a specifically stated meta-power, and is nothing like anything cap's,logan's, or whoever's so-called "mental-power".........cap's serum may have allowed him to think at the peak of human potential, but Slade think's at 9 times human capacity and his power is truly meta, not "peak-human", which is supposedly something like low-meta anyway.Cap's smart, cap's analytical.....Slade's super-smart, and super-analytical, literally. I myself find the fact that anyone's trying to compare these characters and the way they think to Slade and his superpowered mind "absurd".lol

edit:

Goodness......doh

That's just it.........what you said in that sentence.......super-thinking

slade has super-human thinking as a stated, displayed superhuman ability.....wolverine and cap do not

so let me get it right... you are saying those 2 showings contredict x entire powers and you are saying he doesnt have them right? so how was he able to display those abilities in all of his other fights? against taskmaster maybe? or against wolverine 2 times already? or against paladin and black widow? or against headhunter ? hell mister x was even able to do it to the asgardian who is above human in all aspects so if something then those 2 showings of him losing contredict all the others which 1 of the showings is not really a PIS because wolverine in berserk mode wasnt thinking at all BUT recently it was stated that mister x overcame that before he goined the thunderbolts which means its another reason why his fight with iron fist was a TOTAL PIS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.