Old Snake vs. Charizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FWahMaN
http://ui14.gamespot.com/973/mgs4ost_2.jpg

VS

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/MJOLNIR_VII/CharizardAsylum.png

Snake gets all of his items.

Charizard has all of his moves. He is just wearing Batman's suit. ermm

ScreamPaste
Charizard stomps.

Phantom Miria
Big stomp in Charizard's favor. Scorch the region Snake hides in and win the fight.

FWahMaN
Even when Snake has everything? Yes the post was edited.

ScreamPaste
Snake really con't hope to compete. Charizard is a beast. One flame thrower and Snake dies no expression

iChaos
Lol. 3...2...1...

Also, why is there a wide space between those two pictures?

FWahMaN
For the lulz! mad

Oh well, it had to be re-made.

iChaos
It made me laugh, indeed.

ArtificialGlory
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l135/Ironmallet/725716.gif

Sin_Volvagia
Why does Charizard have Batman's head? mad

Because you ruined Charizard's stealth and made him The Fury, Old Snake wins.

FWahMaN
It'll never match the uberness that is the first one. weep

FWahMaN
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Why does Charizard have Batman's head? madBecause they took a trip to wackoland and had parts of their bodies mixedz up.

ScreamPaste
Do not speak of what you do not know.

FWahMaN
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
of what youno.

Sin_Volvagia
http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/B/BU/BUL/bulletbarrage/1137307857_x-The_Fury.jpg

This is The Fury. He was rage incarnated before Dark Kahn took his spot.

FWahMaN
ol' snatzard still wins

ScreamPaste
@Sin.

Nah.

You do not know of The Fury.

FWahMaN
Nah.

Youhttp://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-pictures-cat-bath-self-cleaning-manual.jpg

Sin_Volvagia
@Sin.

Nah.

You do not know of The Fury.

He flies and he shoots fire. Batman is the same thing.

iChaos
http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/06/mgs4_butt.jpg

FWahMaN
YAY! BATMAN..err..CHARIZARD IS BACK!

BloodRain
Charizard curbstomps Snake.

FWahMaN
SQWAA!!

ScreamPaste
Go to Allisbrawl, ask the Link mains about The Fury. They will correct you.

wakkawakkawakka
Snake throws a Poke'ball at it...catches it...and shoots up Ash and co. just because they're dumb. Sorry about that I couldn't resist but you had to expect somebody to bring up a pokeball.

BloodRain
Have to beat him down for the pokeball to work ;p

No End N Site
Charizard stomps.

mechagoomba
guiez your all forgettin snakes up tilt it at least makes this a 60-40 match up

FinalAnswer
Heat attacks have absolutely no effect on Old Snake.

He will walk through Charizard's flames then CQC it.

FWahMaN
Wait wait...so SS can't go invisible and snipe the fire dragon or what?

FinalAnswer
He won't need to.

He'll just walk through the flames while the MGS4 Love theme plays, before CQCing it

Ridley_Prime
The bad picture edit wins.

FinalAnswer
Nah

There is nothing Charizard can do to Snake.

Demonic Phoenix
After burning him to a crisp that is.

FinalAnswer
Nope.

Charizard can burn Snake to his skeleton, but he will still keep moving, running on nothing more then sheer willpower. Once he passes through the flames, he will regenerate to 100%, then CQC Charizard

Snake 10/10

LLLLLink
Snake drives Metal Gear Rex and curb stomps Charizard.

MooCowofJustice
I'm missing any serious arguments for Snake, so I'll just assume we all agree Charizard wins.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Snake drives Metal Gear Rex and curb stomps Charizard.

no expression

ScreamPaste
He said serious argument.

MooCowofJustice
Now that is absolutely ridiculous. Snake wouldn't even be able to find a curb.

And that Metal Gear thing sounds pretty bad, too.

LLLLLink
Really? Care to explain?

MooCowofJustice
Well, smashing seems rather difficult when Charizard can fly.

And I dunno if a Metal Gear can withstand 10,000 degrees of heat. But I've never played those games.

LLLLLink
Missiles, railgun, bullets ftw?

MooCowofJustice
Can Metal Gears turn very easily?

You also never answered my question about the heat.

LLLLLink
More so than I initially thought, yeah. There is only one Rex model though, and that's the only one Snake drove to my knowledge.

MooCowofJustice
If they cannot turn fast enough it'll be rather easy for Charizard to avoid it's attacks. You still haven't answered about the heat.

Also, why does Snake get to use a Metal Gear?

FinalAnswer
More so than I initially thought, yeah. There is only one Rex model though, and that's the only one Snake drove to my knowledge.

It is implied that there are more REXs after the Shadow Moses incident, hence why they made RAY

Not that Snake needs REX to win.

MooCowofJustice
He probably would need some giant mech to win.

LLLLLink
Hm... heat...

Heat would probably do damage after a bit, but I'm not sure.

85ra7kS1m8k

ScreamPaste
I'd like to highlight that 10 000 degrees is a *lot* of heat. no expression

LLLLLink
I'd like to highlight that 10 000 degrees is a *lot* of heat. no expression

Melts rocks no expression

MooCowofJustice
Seven minutes with no time specification = do not watch.

10,000 degrees is pretty hot. I think it's capable of melting a huge glacier, or something similar and equally impressive.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Seven minutes with no time specification = do not watch.

10,000 degrees is pretty hot. I think it's capable of melting a huge glacier, or something similar and equally impressive.

Lazy.... 1:12, the battle starts.

MooCowofJustice
Well, I watched it. Now if only I knew why.

LLLLLink
Well, I watched it. Now if only I knew why.

Don't you feel like a better person? Like you have fulfilled a part of your life?

Seriously, though. I suppose you have a grasp on how MGR operates. So, does Charizard still win?

MooCowofJustice
They didn't appear to turn too fast. I'm not sure if he could beat a Metal Gear or not.

So without the Metal Gear, Snake definitely loses. With it, he might win.

XanatosForever
THAT. WAS. ****ING. AWESOME!

Gods, I have got to find some way to play MGS4 now! Rex has been my favorite Metal Gear since the first one!

Sin_Volvagia
Now that I'm serious, Snake wins. He's got the Solid Eye and sonar to track Charizard's position and the camo suit to blend in the surroundings. He uses the SVD to blast it out of there.

Batman would've been a better opponent but that thread is forbidden sad

FinalAnswer
Now that I'm serious, Snake wins. He's got the Solid Eye and sonar to track Charizard's position and the camo suit to blend in the surroundings. He uses the SVD to blast it out of there.

'Eff the SVD, if Snake had to fight it on foot, he needs the Railcannon.

menokokoro
I'd like to highlight that 10 000 degrees is a *lot* of heat. no expression the amount of heat and the temperature are 2 different things, sure 10,000 degrees is really hot, but i doubt char could produce enough of that fire to do enough damage to stop a missile from blowing him up, or the machine guns (which are nasty) or the lasser (which is epic nasty) i mean metal gear rex is HUGE!!! it would have to be a huge flame to do anything

SpadeKing
I'm sure Charizard's fire blast is large enough.

I definately guess it depends on that thing's turning speed, as long as Charizard stays behind it he is ok.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
'Eff the SVD, if Snake had to fight it on foot, he needs the Railcannon.

Charizard is not surviving a sniper bullet to the head.

But yeah, eff the SVD. Snake wins using a Monster XL super soaker.

menokokoro
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I'm sure Charizard's fire blast is large enough.

I definately guess it depends on that thing's turning speed, as long as Charizard stays behind it he is ok. metal gear does not have to be facing it the whole time to fire missiles at it, the missiles are heat seeking.... and do you know how f**ing huge mg rex is? its like 8 times bigger than an average tank, if not more, i doubt the fire could be big enough and hot enough to kill snake or stop it from being able to continue shooting at him.

Sin_Volvagia
Metal Gear Rex took stinger missile damage in MGS1 but was able to function despite its damage in MGS4.

MooCowofJustice
Nobody ever really answered me either, why does Snake get a Metal Gear?

menokokoro
idk, i just saw people talking about metal gear so i added my 2 cents in. as for snake vs char...honestly it just depends on who attacks first. snake just uses the rail gun to its...well any part of its body, or a .50 cal, or a grenade launcher, or a rocket launcher, or...well a good majority of his guns. and for char, well, snake might survive a fire attack out of luck, or his suroundings (also just luck), but there is very little chance that char takes survives a railgun. so 8/10 snake

wakkawakkawakka
Nobody ever really answered me either, why does Snake get a Metal Gear?

Well Metal Gear is a weapon/tank/nuclear weapon carrier/proof that snake is cool, so I guess it would work right?

Ridley_Prime

With all the hate some characters like Batman get on this forum, I'm glad he's actually not allowed to be used here. He'd get even more spite than Wesker.

FWahMaN
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The bad picture edit wins. hug

SpadeKing
Originally posted by menokokoro
metal gear does not have to be facing it the whole time to fire missiles at it, the missiles are heat seeking.... and do you know how f**ing huge mg rex is? its like 8 times bigger than an average tank, if not more, i doubt the fire could be big enough and hot enough to kill snake or stop it from being able to continue shooting at him.

Charizard fire off fireballs to redirect the missiles

Sustained heat should melt it cause I know charizard's breath will go over 2000 degrees Fahrenheit which is around the area metal gear's metal alloys melt

Demonic Phoenix
With all the hate some characters like Batman get on this forum, I'm glad he's actually not allowed to be used here. He'd get even more spite than Wesker.

RAAAAGE Batman as well 313?

Nemesis X
That seismic toss is gonna be a problem if Charizard gets ahold of Snake.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Nemesis X
That seismic toss is gonna be a problem if Charizard gets ahold of Snake.

And Snake isn't going to nothing when grabbed?

menokokoro
Charizard fire off fireballs to redirect the missiles

Sustained heat should melt it cause I know charizard's breath will go over 2000 degrees Fahrenheit which is around the area metal gear's metal alloys melt i say again, temperature is not all that would go into melting something of that size, i mean an oxy acetylene torch has the heat of about 3000+ Fahrenheit but you just because of that doesnt mean you would win because you had one...he would have to creat a flame large enough and at a high enough temp to do the damage you are talking about, he might be able to disable a leg or something, but at that time the laser or volcin canons would get it.

also, i think the melting point for the average steel is closer to 2600-2800, but i could be wrong.

but anyway, snake wins almost easier without metal gear rex, rex would just protect him, but snake is most definitely more agile than rex is

SpadeKing
Steel is around 2000 degrees, I forgot the other alloy but it's melting point is around 2900 degrees.

I'm thinking that pokemon > guns, seeing as they do have guns in the pokemon verse, but everyone rathers use pokemon except those few people in that one ep I'm guessing.

menokokoro

ScreamPaste
The pokeverse is actually asinine powerful, and I suggest you brush up on it. Some fighting types can move mountains and such. no expression Zard's not the most durable poke around, sure. But he can be fully submerged in laval without so much as skin irritation, and Ash's Charizard is supposed to be a *****.

menokokoro
eh, i know enough, at least about charizard, and thats all that this is about so there is no need to look anything else up about a subject that doesn't really interest me anymore.

but yeah, being submerged in lava does not mean he could withstand a shot from a rail gun...

ScreamPaste
Trying to remember feats off the top of my head from a series I haven't seen in a decade. I do know Charizard can evaoprate glaciers in a few moments, so volume of flames and heat are not problems against the gear.

menokokoro
how does melting something that melts at room temp easily, prove that you can melt something that melts at almost 3,000 degrees? at most he would slowly melt portions of it due to concentrated flames

Ridley_Prime
According to Charizard's pokedex, his flames can melt basically any material. erm

menokokoro
i can melt just about any metal too, just get me a plasma cutter. my point is that there is no proof that charizard can make a flame hot enough, and have it large enough to envelope rex, let me show you how frikin huge rex is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/Fallen_Blade/Metal%20Gear%20Solid/MetalGearRexX.jpg ok so charizard is 5'7" and 200 lbs, i am larger than charizard...that is crazy he is that short, but i checked it with 3 websites and they all say the same thing. do you think that something that small could make a fire big enough and hot enough to destroy rex? i dont think so.

anyway, again, that is besides the point lol, because snake wins without rex anyway, and he didn't have rex in the fp anyway

Phanteros
Charizard turns Old Snake into Old Toast.

Sin_Volvagia
According to Charizard's pokedex, his flames can melt basically any material. erm

With that logic, he melts Adamantium? Not believing that.

Snake kills Charizard with his pistol. Charizard is not Golem.

SpadeKing
i can melt just about any metal too, just get me a plasma cutter. my point is that there is no proof that charizard can make a flame hot enough, and have it large enough to envelope rex, let me show you how frikin huge rex is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/Fallen_Blade/Metal%20Gear%20Solid/MetalGearRexX.jpg ok so charizard is 5'7" and 200 lbs, i am larger than charizard...that is crazy he is that short, but i checked it with 3 websites and they all say the same thing. do you think that something that small could make a fire big enough and hot enough to destroy rex? i dont think so.

anyway, again, that is besides the point lol, because snake wins without rex anyway, and he didn't have rex in the fp anyway

A plasma cutter is small and it can melt through metal gear, there goes your size argument.

I wouldn't consider all Charizard's 5' 7", in the one episode where they met all the other Charizards they had girls there that Dwarfed Ash's Charizard.

ScreamPaste
how does melting something that melts at room temp easily, prove that you can melt something that melts at almost 3,000 degrees? at most he would slowly melt portions of it due to concentrated flames The speed at which he does so is noteworthy.

LLLLLink
Getting close enough to use flame-based attacks is going to be dangerous for Charizard.

SpadeKing
I haven't seen Metal Gear Rex turn to fast yet or aim at something 4000+ ft in the sky

LLLLLink
Metal Gear has rotating mounted weaponry. Turning is null.

4000 ft in the sky? The nuke travels above earth's atmosphere if I recall correctly. erm

SpadeKing
Would Rex actually survive a nuke close to it?

LLLLLink
My guess would be "no". But Charizard is definitely dead, unless anyone has some proof that Charizard can outrun a nuclear explosion. laughing

SpadeKing
Neither of them can unless Charizard somehow learns teleport in those few seconds haermm

LLLLLink
Charizard uses Metronome for a Teleport? Wait, can Charizard learn Metronome?

SpadeKing
Nope, but that would've given him a small chance of teleporting.

LLLLLink
A very small chance.

Charizard really doesn't have any way to win this, it seems.

ScreamPaste
Wut?

Charizard breathes on Snake. Therefore, wins.

LLLLLink
Wut?

Charizard breathes on Snake. Therefore, wins.

erm Charizard has flamed Ash and other pokemon more times than I can count to no avail.

Also, Snake is top tier, and Charizard is nowhere even close to that. Lol, Brawl humor.

ScreamPaste
Rule of funny. no expression Charizard can evaporate 10 000 ton glaciers in seconds, melt any material, and melt boulders, according to his pokedex. He's also in the top 30% of fast pokemon, I think. Faster than Dragonite, or maybe a tie. Charizard has the speed and the power.

LLLLLink
Rule of funny. no expression Charizard can evaporate 10 000 ton glaciers in seconds, melt any material, and melt boulders, according to his pokedex. He's also in the top 30% of fast pokemon, I think. Faster than Dragonite, or maybe a tie. Charizard has the speed and the power.

That's a no-limits fallacy, however.
What would be useful is a list of things that Charizard has been able to kill in the manga or anime.

ScreamPaste
Nah, it just measn that in the pokeverse, the materials there can be melted by Charizard's fire.

LLLLLink
Here's a vid showing Charizard's fire breath's effect on ice.

1:30 - 2:50
h_FOjDJUf6M

ScreamPaste
Charizard casually sculpted a bobsled in seconds, this implies extreme control of his fire. More feats. It's also worth noting Ash's Zard is a wimp.

LLLLLink
I think that Charizard "accidentally" sculpted a bobsled rather than "casually". Ash survived a flame attack from Charizard that sculpted a bobsled in seconds.

ScreamPaste
K, Ash does that shit all the time, I don't see your point? And I don't see how he could accidentally sculpt a bobsled.

The Scenario
Charizard casually sculpted a bobsled in seconds, this implies extreme control of his fire. More feats. It's also worth noting Ash's Zard is a wimp.

He was able to take on Entei at one point, though, IIRC.

ScreamPaste
And even after that was shown to be a wimp compared to the other, wild Zards in the series. As far as canon goes, Zard is a beast. Shame about the competitive metagame.

LLLLLink
1. If a child can survive a flame attack from Charizard, it's only natural to think that a guy who can tank missiles, bullets, etc would be a bit better off against the same magnitude of attack. Also, Ash dodged Charizard's flame.

2. Charizard seemed to be trying to hit Ash, not the sled.

ScreamPaste
Rule of funny. Ash also survives thunder strikes and explosions and shit. no expression The heat of a flame that can not just melt, but evaporate ice at that speed, would kill Snake.

Also, if it was accidental, how'd he get a perfect sled?

LLLLLink
Rule of funny. Ash also survives thunder strikes and explosions and shit. no expression The heat of a flame that can not just melt, but evaporate ice at that speed, would kill Snake.

Also, if it was accidental, how'd he get a perfect sled?

1. You aren't trying to say "toonforce", are you? stick out tongue
Ash isn't the only one to do stuff like that. Other pokemon survive and dodge it regularly, as well as other people.

2. Charizard is spitting entire pillars of flame at Ash. Ash dodges up, Charizard points up. Ash dodges down, Charizard points down. Ash is clearly the target, not the sled. So, you tell me, because I don't have a sensible answer for you.

ScreamPaste
Here's where I tell you pogeymanz are uber. OR Ash is just gettign out of the way of Zard's fire while he sculpts, as he clearly doesn't care if Ash is in the way.

LLLLLink
Pkmn are uber, aren't they?

Nah, Charizard is definitely aiming at Ash. There is no arguing that.

ScreamPaste
I'm arguing it. It's clear he doesn't give a shit if Ash is in the way, but Charizard is clearly sculpting a sled.

LLLLLink
Nah, the sled being sculpted was a by-product of attacking Ash.

ScreamPaste
That's beyond retarded. no expression

I don't see how any of this is going to save Snake?

LLLLLink
That's beyond retarded. no expression

I don't see how any of this is going to save Snake?

Retarded, yes, but that's what happened. Cartoons can be retarded sometimes.

Snake is inside Metal Gear Rex, which will protect him from flame breath regardless of whether or not he can take it in his human form. No one has presented a way for Charizard to get close enough for long enough to use his flames effectively without getting owned.

ScreamPaste
I did.

Charizard is easily fast enough and powerful enough to destroy the Rex.

LLLLLink
1. Can Charizard tank the missiles, lasers, bullets and overall firepower of Metal Gear? Can Charizard outrun a bullet?

2. Should Charizard choose to evade, can Charizard's flames reach their target outside the Metal Gear's own range?

ScreamPaste
Given the known power of other pokemon and that Charizard is relatively powerful in his verse, yes. Also, they'd never hit him.

Charizard clearly has great range, doesn't need to be outside the gears range though. He can practicly fly down it's barrel, Snake cannot aim fast enough.

LLLLLink
Given the known power of other pokemon and that Charizard is relatively powerful in his verse, yes. Also, they'd never hit him.

You feel like doing some math based on some feats Charizard has done?

That's an assumption, and one that might end with a dead pokemon. Grey Fox, a smaller target, an android capable of deflecting bullets from assault weapons, and someone able to lift several tons tried the same thing, and he ended up as a stain on the floor after eating a laser from MGR.

Here's a sample of Grey Fox's abilities:

VunEu1mTWJ4

Could Charizard move like that? Because that wasn't enough.

ScreamPaste
Seen the cutscene, he also destroyed it's dish which vlinded the machien and forced open the cockpit. Zard could do so much easier, then just roast Snake.

LLLLLink
Seen the cutscene, he also destroyed it's dish which vlinded the machien and forced open the cockpit. Zard could do so much easier, then just roast Snake.

By what means can Charizard do it easier? Charizard tries it and get lasered into pieces.

ScreamPaste
Charizard breathes on it, TADAH, melted equipment, blinded mech. no expression

LLLLLink
MGR laZORZ Charizard first ftw.

ScreamPaste
Has to aim first, will be blinded by then.

LLLLLink
Computer targeting > Charizard's aim

ScreamPaste
Charizard's aim is good enough to hit the Rex, and that's all it needs, the targettign on a Rex is too slow to track Zard whois atleast par with Dragonite =| Zard will destroy the targettign system first, everytime.

LLLLLink
Charizard's aim is good enough to hit the Rex, and that's all it needs, the targettign on a Rex is too slow to track Zard whois atleast par with Dragonite =| Zard will destroy the targettign system first, everytime.

No, Charizard will lose his head every time. There is nothing to suggest that the computer is too slow to track him. It can casually shoot down multiple missiles while continuing its assault on Ray, which is an upgraded version of MGR.

ScreamPaste
There's nothing to suggest the laser would even be effective against Charizard, who, btw, >>>> Missiles. Zard melts the targettign system, before it can hit him with it's wholly ineffective weapon.

LLLLLink
There's nothing to suggest the laser would even be effective against Charizard, who, btw, >>>> Missiles.

I agree, missiles would be the least threatening to Charizard. But, that laser was able to pierce the armor of Ray as well as Grey Fox's uber-suit. Also, railgun.

ScreamPaste
Grey Fox's suit would melt in lava, which does nothing to Charizard.

ares834
Charizard toasts Old Snake... sad

SpadeKing
1. Can Charizard tank the missiles, lasers, bullets and overall firepower of Metal Gear? Can Charizard outrun a bullet?

2. Should Charizard choose to evade, can Charizard's flames reach their target outside the Metal Gear's own range?

1. Hyper beams are a lot worst than everything rex has except that nuke and most of the pokemon are capable of taking a hit and continuing fighting. Not to mention its in Zard's arsenal.

2. If any of the attacks that I seen on the show could, I would have to say fire blast.

Retarded, yes, but that's what happened. Cartoons can be retarded sometimes.

Snake is inside Metal Gear Rex, which will protect him from flame breath regardless of whether or not he can take it in his human form. No one has presented a way for Charizard to get close enough for long enough to use his flames effectively without getting owned.

Its like harming team rocket, the people in the pokeverse are uber like team rocket for example they tank everything and survive falls from over 1000s of feet.

LLLLLink
Human fight:
Snake uses optic camo to conceal himself from Charizard and the snipes him in the head with the railgun. Charizard doesn't have a good chance here.

MGR fight:
Lasers, computer targeting and nuke ftw.

ScreamPaste
All inferior to the pokemon versions of each. no expression Charizard could just torch the battlefield, and Snake doesn't have prep time to my knowledge, so he starts visible.

Melted equipment, or just flat out mech destruction.

LLLLLink
I dont think either of us are gonna budge on this.
Draw?

Sin_Volvagia
The Pokemon anime is obvious toonforce and shouldn't be used.

Charizard has a mind of an animal and is no match to an experienced soldier like Snake who happens to have an IQ of 181.

Charizard goes down by sniper, stinger missile, railgun, machinegun, or Metal Gear. Take your pick.

zeroking24
charizard becuse he can fly and dive at snake with flamethrower

ScreamPaste
..Lol?

LLLLLink
The Pokemon anime is obvious toonforce and shouldn't be used.

Charizard has a mind of an animal and is no match to an experienced soldier like Snake who happens to have an IQ of 181.

Charizard goes down by sniper, stinger missile, railgun, machinegun, or Metal Gear. Take your pick.

Just so you know, Pokemon anime is allowed in these Versus forums, so it must be dealt with.

ScreamPaste
I was loling at Charizard having the mind of an animal. Pokemanz are pretty intelligent. Also, I was loling at the MGS weapons. Zard is high tier pokeymanz.

LLLLLink
I was loling at Charizard having the mind of an animal. Pokemanz are pretty intelligent. Also, I was loling at the MGS weapons. Zard is high tier pokeymanz.

Still, Charizard is not one of the pokemon that is above human intelligence, and a railgun is going to give him hell.

So, you up for that truce?

menokokoro
A plasma cutter is small and it can melt through metal gear, there goes your size argument.

I wouldn't consider all Charizard's 5' 7", in the one episode where they met all the other Charizards they had girls there that Dwarfed Ash's Charizard. i think you missunderstood my argument, yes, a plasma cutter could melt the steel that makes metal gear rex, but do completely destroy it would take....idk years to do with one. im just saying that just because something is hot enough, does not mean it could destroy it before it has a chance to counter attack, and that is assuming that charizard even has the first attack

menokokoro
Snake who happens to have an IQ of 181. ok, so i want to know where you heard this...because i consider myself somewhat of an expert on the subject of metal gear, and i did not know this.

Sin_Volvagia

Most Pokemon can't even do things right without trainers telling them what to do. Charizard is one of them. He's no Mewtwo or Deoxys.

High Tier? At most, Charizard is mid-tier but the last Pokemon game I played was Crystal. MGS weapons are funny? What's funnier are the Pokemon attacks that fail to kill people: Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Flamethrower, Hyper Beam, Explosion, etc.

ok, so i want to know where you heard this...because i consider myself somewhat of an expert on the subject of metal gear, and i did not know this.

I first noticed this in Brawl but this is also found here: http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs_tts/english/chara_snake.html

And I was a point off. He has an IQ of 180.

ScreamPaste
Charizard is mid tier in the competitive metagame, due to stealth rock and poor typing, in terms of actual power in canon? He's very powerful, able to at one point stnad up to Entei, and Ash's Charizard is a wimp.

SpadeKing
i think you missunderstood my argument, yes, a plasma cutter could melt the steel that makes metal gear rex, but do completely destroy it would take....idk years to do with one. im just saying that just because something is hot enough, does not mean it could destroy it before it has a chance to counter attack, and that is assuming that charizard even has the first attack

Just to let you know a PLASMA cutter is definately going to eat through metal gear, thats a few 10,000 degrees over whats needed, I think you misunderstood my side too, if something about 3-4 ft smaller than Charizard can eat through metal like nothing then there goes the size portion of the argument cause its exerting enough power despite the size.
Can Rex even fire behind itself?

Most Pokemon can't even do things right without trainers telling them what to do. Charizard is one of them. He's no Mewtwo or Deoxys.

High Tier? At most, Charizard is mid-tier but the last Pokemon game I played was Crystal. MGS weapons are funny? What's funnier are the Pokemon attacks that fail to kill people: Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Flamethrower, Hyper Beam, Explosion, etc.

I first noticed this in Brawl but this is also found here: http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs_tts/english/chara_snake.html

And I was a point off. He has an IQ of 180.

The people in the pokemon anime survive worse than most people in any of the games we mention no expression

menokokoro
Just to let you know a PLASMA cutter is definately going to eat through metal gear, thats a few 10,000 degrees over whats needed, I think you misunderstood my side too, if something about 3-4 ft smaller than Charizard can eat through metal like nothing then there goes the size portion of the argument cause its exerting enough power despite the size.
Can Rex even fire behind itself? .....do you even know what you are saying? yes, a plasma cutter is incredibly hot, and yes it can melt through steel pretty easy. but i don't think you know what the difference between size and temp are. see, even though a plasma cutter would be able to take down rex, it would take an incredibly long time because of how little it is actually doing at a time. ok, a great example, a lightning strike...hotter than the surface of the sun, but it does not destroy us all in a burning fire ball of doom....because it is not large enough to do so. that is what i mean by the flame not being large enough to do enough damage fast enough.

SpadeKing
The lightning strike doesn't even last a second and we have nukes whose initial heat energy gives off 10 times of what the sun is and it is way larger than that lightning strike and we're still not in a burning fire ball of doom so I don't see what was the point of adding in that last part.

I think you're missing how quick that plasma cutter would cut through Rex's leg which is all thats needed to mess up it's movement or even drop it, that cutter is gonna easily destroy any part of rex it generate 3x the heat needed at the least. At most it would take a full day of work to completely melt Rex, and at most it would take a full minute or 2 to saw through Rex's legs completely depending on if he actually has more metal than just the outer exterior or just wires on the inside which would really make it about 10 seconds to render it's legs useless with that small precision aiming plasma cutter.

menokokoro
actually a plasma cutter is about 50,000 degrees F if i remember right, and that is almost 17 times hotter than it takes to melt steel. and the reason i brought up a lightning strike, is that if a plasma cutter can do what you are saying it can, then a lightning strike would most definitely melt a car instantly because it is so much hotter than a plasma cutter. yes the plasma cutter cuts through anything pretty much instantly, but if the object is large enough like...idk, rex's leg, it would take quite some time to get through it, one of its lets is like the thickness of a tank, and is not hollow, it is the support for that 300+ ton monster.

Edit: not cut through ANYTHING just any type of metal

SpadeKing
Which plasma cutter gets that hot? huh

I mean like most mechanical stuff there are wires inside of it at certain spots, it could be possibly that the wires are all near the top though, but I doubt they even tell in the game...

I also don't know why we're arguing a plasma cutter vs metal gear rex no expression

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>