Namor vs venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
Submariner vs
1. Spiderman during his symbiote days
2. Brock
3. Mac gargan
4. All three

they fight on manhattan after namor has just gottenout of the water
no further sea dips allowed

Black bolt z
Namor for at least the first 3

JakeTheBank
Namor wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor.

SamZED
1. Namor after a hard long fight.
2. Depends, if Brock fights smart he can win.
3. As always Gargan loses.
4. erm

Warlord
Namor wins all but 4

AsbestosFlaygon
1. Namor.
2. Brock.
3. Namor.
4. The trio.

Lord Feron
1-3 namor then i think namor dies at 4..

Parmaniac
Gargan is a looser that's for sure but he was doing pretty good against Namor tbh, not saying it was PIS or it wasn't just saying.

the ninjak
Symbiote Namor.
Team Wins.
He's just a mutant Atlantean.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Gargan is a looser that's for sure but he was doing pretty good against Namor tbh, not saying it was PIS or it wasn't just saying. it wasn't PIS at all......it was an ambush.....a calculated attack with a weapon designed to eradicate him specifically, carried out by Gargan.......and he still got a good trouncing out of it in the end.

At the very least, Namor 1-3......at the very least.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by namorsubby
it wasn't PIS at all......it was an ambush.....a calculated attack with a weapon designed to eradicate him specifically, carried out by Gargan.......and he still got a good trouncing out of it in the end.

At the very least, Namor 1-3......at the very least. Really it's long ago I only remembered Venom ripping off one if the little wings of his foot or something but in the end he lost.

Omega Vision
Namor in the first three and Team in the forth but Gargan dies anyway.

SamZED
Brock Venom = Spider-man + better reflexes + much greater strength + insane durability + healing factor + telepathy + dozens of razorsharp tentrils that move faster than bullets.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by SamZED
Brock Venom = Spider-man + better reflexes + much greater strength + insane durability + healing factor + telepathy + dozens of razorsharp tentrils that move faster than bullets. Stronger, can turn invisible smile

the TP thing is not real TP though

You edited!!!

SamZED
Stronger, can turn invisible smile

the TP thing is not real TP though

You edited!!! Heh edited the strength before read your post. embarrasment And it's actuallt teleapthy. He's been shown to read people's minds at distance. Plus mindraping with a touch. Can Namor regenerate eyes? whistle

Parmaniac
At distances too? Where was that? I'm only aware of the symbiote contact mindrape thing.

BruceSkywalker
The Prince all but the 4th

SamZED
At distances too? Where was that? I'm only aware of the symbiote contact mindrape thing. I think the series were called "run" or something. There was a scan in the respect thread. There was one prisoner who threatened Venom, Venom read his mind and in details described how the guy got buttraped recently and threatened to do it himself lol

PS: laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Cant help myself who would've though 6 months ago that Sentry vs Thor threads are gonna get closed as spite against Thor laughing out loud

dmills
Isn't Gargan class 100 strength?

SamZED
Judging by the size of him he might very well be. But he's still a loser.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by dmills
Isn't Gargan class 100 strength?

No. And even if he were, he'd still lose (it's kinda like a super power).

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
No. And even if he were, he'd still lose (it's kinda like a super power). laughing

snoopdogg
Judging by the size of him he might very well be. But he's still a loser. Well he did beat Colossus, Daken, Bullseye, once and in once issue Hercules smashed him around quite a few times and Venom still wouldn't let go of his hand after Venom bit it.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well he did beat Colossus, Daken, Bullseye, once and in once issue Hercules smashed him around quite a few times and Venom still wouldn't let go of his hand after Venom bit it. When did he beat Daken? And Bullseye...I mean take a look what Venom is supposed to be by taking a short look at the Brock version he should shitstomp Bullseye without any effort.

snoopdogg
When did he beat Daken? And Bullseye...I mean take a look what Venom is supposed to be by taking a short look at the Brock version he should shitstomp Bullseye without any effort. Osborn sent Daken and Bullseye to take down Venom once and they failed. Can't recall the issue though.

StiltmanFTW
Well he did beat Colossus, Daken, Bullseye, once and in once issue Hercules smashed him around quite a few times and Venom still wouldn't let go of his hand after Venom bit it.

By wrapping his tongue around him? erm

Daken and Bullseye really don't count, that mini was garbage and felt like a what if story. No muramasa claws, Lester using a poodle as a projectile... really shitty writing.

Even with these "wins", he still sucks. What was wrong with Scorpion? Why Marvel had to give him that stupid symbiote?

Namor 1-3. Not sure how he'd fare in the 4th scenario. Depends on the cooperation between Spidey and Brock. And yeah, I agree with OV... Gargan dies anyway.

StiltmanFTW
When did he beat Daken? And Bullseye...I mean take a look what Venom is supposed to be by taking a short look at the Brock version he should shitstomp Bullseye without any effort.

Dark Reign Sinister Spider-Man #4. Shitty art, shitty writing, don't even bother. A real waste of time.

Outside of his own mini Gargan's performance against them was piss poor and that's the way it should be.

snoopdogg
By wrapping his tongue around him? erm

Daken and Bullseye really don't count, that mini was garbage and felt like a what if story. No muramasa claws, Lester using a poodle as a projectile... really shitty writing.

Even with these "wins", he still sucks. What was wrong with Scorpion? Why Marvel had to give him that stupid symbiote?

Namor 1-3. Not sure how he'd fare in the 4th scenario. Depends on the cooperation between Spidey and Brock. And yeah, I agree with OV... Gargan dies anyway. He knocked out Bullseye didn't he? And he grabbed Daken by the face and threw him onto a roof or something. Don't matter if you hate the issue or not it's cannon. Kinda like Venom trashing Colossus is cannon, it sucks but I've got to accept it rather than slide it uder the table.

StiltmanFTW
He knocked out Bullseye didn't he? And he grabbed Daken by the face and threw him onto a roof or something. Don't matter if you hate the issue or not it's cannon. Kinda like Venom trashing Colossus is cannon, it sucks but I've got to accept it rather than slide it uder the table.

He did.

He got tossed through the window into that building, yeah.

Again, when did he do that? In their first fight Gargan got pretty much owned (with a brick lmfao) and the Utopia fight ended up as a stalemate IIRC...

snoopdogg
Their 2nd fight Venom was going to eat Colossus or some sh!t. I put them up in the respect thread but am too lazy to look.

Survivor19
Can't rmember any instance where Garhan got a definite win over Colossus

StiltmanFTW
Their 2nd fight Venom was going to eat Colossus or some sh!t. I put them up in the respect thread but am too lazy to look.

And he did NOT succeed in doing that. Piotr was pushing him back.

snoopdogg
And he did NOT succeed in doing that. Piotr was pushing him back. Godammit. Really? Maybe I need to go see that again but all I remember is Venom was going to swollow Colossus.

Survivor19
It's not bragging that matters but feats.

StiltmanFTW
Godammit. Really? Maybe I need to go see that again but all I remember is Venom was going to swollow Colossus.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2619/dauxexodus001008.th.jpg http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1561/dauxexodus001015.th.jpg

The next time we see Piotr he is perfectly fine...

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2901/dauxexodus001027028.th.jpg

Fraction really didn't do his homework here, most fights were chaotic and without a decisive winner.

snoopdogg
Oh yea, the Bullseye/Archangel fight comes to mind now. What a let down that was.

snoopdogg
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2619/dauxexodus001008.th.jpg http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1561/dauxexodus001015.th.jpg

The next time we see Piotr he is perfectly fine...

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2901/dauxexodus001027028.th.jpg

Fraction really didn't do his homework here, most fights were chaotic and without a decisive winner. I don't understand why Venom can dwarf Colossus in size like that.

Parmaniac
I don't understand why Venom can dwarf Colossus in size like that. Shit writing, the symbiote was never able to change size in a way like that on the other hand, he lost almost all of his other features: shapeshifting etc.

The only thing that makes me sad is the this is Brocks symbiote and not any other one or a clone

snoopdogg
Colossus kinda tooled him in the first fight:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/th_ColossusvsVenom.jpghttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/th_ColossusvsVenom2.jpghttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/th_Colossusvsvenom3.jpghttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/th_ColossusvsVenom4.jpg

Venom has to be stronger than Class 40 in his larger incarnations.

StiltmanFTW
Colossus kinda tooled him in the first fight:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/th_ColossusvsVenom.jpghttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/th_ColossusvsVenom2.jpghttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/th_Colossusvsvenom3.jpghttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/th_ColossusvsVenom4.jpg

Venom has to be stronger than Class 40 in his larger incarnations.

And he still ended up choking on his own blood laughing

That's entirely possible. Didn't Worldmind warn Nova of Venom's "massive superhuman strength"?

That being said, he still got raped by American Eagle who according to Marvel Database is Class 15.

BTW, how many times Piotr yelled "Madness!" in Fraction's run?

Gecko4lif
Namor could take em all at the same time

He would simply get a bit dusted in the process

BUSTER1
Originally posted by rotiart
Submariner vs
1. Spiderman during his symbiote days
2. Brock
3. Mac gargan
4. All three

they fight on manhattan after namor has just gottenout of the water
no further sea dips allowed

Why does spiderman have to be "during his symbiote days" -when Pete had the symbiote it didn't enhance his powers whatsover.

StiltmanFTW
It's a common misconception. Stupid cartoon.

Starscream M
Originally posted by BUSTER1
Why does spiderman have to be "during his symbiote days" -when Pete had the symbiote it didn't enhance his powers whatsover. yes it did...it made him far more durable and increased his stamina

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Starscream M
yes it did...it made him far more durable and increased his stamina

NO IT DIDN'T!

Starscream M
NO IT DIDN'T! when he had the suit, he was basically bulletproof, plus he had more energy

SamZED
when he had the suit, he was basically bulletproof, plus he had more energy That was Ult Spider-man. 616 the symbiote didnt physically enhance him in any way. Parker was just wearing it as cloth.

BUSTER1
when he had the suit, he was basically bulletproof, plus he had more energy

You obviously never read the Spiderman comics from that period. For a start, instead of giving Spiderman more energy, it left him physically drained. This extra "durability" you speak of didn't prevent Peter from dislocating one of his arms when he stopped himself from falling in his 1st encounter with Puma. I don't recall the costume repelling bullets until it was worn by Eddie Brock.

Starscream M
That was Ult Spider-man. 616 the symbiote didnt physically enhance him in any way. Parker was just wearing it as cloth. he manhandled rhino after getting it no expression

Parmaniac
he manhandled rhino after getting it no expression Is it possible that you're talking about the cartoon series fro the 90's? BTW Spidey knocked Rhino out even without that symbiote costume.

BUSTER1
he manhandled rhino after getting it no expression

That was the 90's cartoon- it has no bearing on 616 continuity.

Starscream M
That was the 90's cartoon- it has no bearing on 616 continuity. it was accurate though...all the characters were the same

it just showed how spiderman would be in modern era with the symbiote

StiltmanFTW
So Spider-Man can't even lift a truck without an amp? eek!

Starscream M
So Spider-Man can't even lift a truck without an amp? eek! depends on the truck..some trucks weigh over 10 tons

BUSTER1
it was accurate though...all the characters were the same

616 continuity is what counts in this thread (the thread starter didn't say it was movie or 90's cartoon symbiote Spidey) and in 616 continuity the symbiote didn't enhance Pete's powers at all.
As accurate as the 90's cartoon was, it wasn't 100% true to the comic-the symbiote enhancing Spiderman's power was a concept that the cartoon gave birth too. Since that cartoon all film/tv versions of Spiderman, which have him wearing the symbiote, portray it as increasing his power.
However, as I have repeatedly said, in main 616 Marvel continuity, which is what counts in this thread, the symbiote had no more effect on Spiderman's power than the cloth version which Black Cat knitted for him.

Starscream M
616 continuity is what counts in this thread (the thread starter didn't say it was movie or 90's cartoon symbiote Spidey) and in 616 continuity the symbiote didn't enhance Pete's powers at all.
As accurate as the 90's cartoon was, it wasn't 100% true to the comic-the symbiote enhancing Spiderman's power was a concept that the cartoon gave birth too. Since that cartoon all film/tv versions of Spiderman, which have him wearing the symbiote, portray it as increasing his power.
However, as I have repeatedly said, in main 616 Marvel continuity, which is what counts in this thread, the symbiote had no more effect on Spiderman's power than the cloth version which Black Cat knitted for him. the symbiote has evolved

if spidey got the symbiote today, he would get boosted

BUSTER1
the symbiote has evolved

if spidey got the symbiote today, he would get boosted

Do you have proof of this? I haven't seen any. The only physical effect I saw the symbiote have on Spiderman was making him constantly tired.

StiltmanFTW
Pretty sure OP meant classic symbiote SM.

Yeah, it'd more than likely boost him now.

Parmaniac
depends on the truck..some trucks weigh over 10 tons facepalm

Harbinger
This last page made me lol

JakeTheBank
Namor still stomps.

Parmaniac
Not in scenario 4

SamZED
nor in 2.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Namor for at least the first 3

rotiart
It is spiderman during his time with the symbiote suite classic... Which is why spiderman is the first opponent...

An for arguments sake he basically also got "unlimited" web shooters

jinzin
it was accurate though...all the characters were the same

Face..... meet palm........ Palm..FACE!

-K-M-
http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/11735storystory_full-9024616..jpg

http://marvel.com/news/all.11735.first_look~colon~_siege~colon~_spider-man_%231

*In all honesty that's pretty silly. Also what is he looking like Brock Venom?

Parmaniac
There's going to be a Spider-man Siege?

SamZED
Oh my effin God, Gargan has reached a whole new level of "loser", its a symbiote, not a freakin jacket! You can't just take it OFF someone, the host and the symbiote become one, apperantly not in Gargan's case. I still say that Brock Venom can take Namor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.