Plague champion vs Ridley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechagoomba
Plague champion with one squad of four plague marines vs Ridley
battle takes place in a sealed dome the size of the roman colosseum,
so who wins?

Cyner
what's a plague champion? (link to wiki plz)

ScreamPaste
This could turn into regen v.s. plagueiness. mmm

Cyner
If Ridley recovers from X infection(and planet vaporization) in the sequel to Fusion, i'll be damn impressed.

mechagoomba
A plague champion is a much stronger form of a normal plague marine and tends to lead a squad of them. In DoW2 hes one of the three selectable heros for multiplayer though.

as such he has the abilitys of a normal plague marine but is also a good amount stronger since he has more favor with the gods and more *improvements*. Such as an aura of decay or the plague sword going by DoW2 improvements

mechagoomba
this is from the codex on plague marines

The Scenario
I wonder what inspired this particular battle...

Anyway, the quote says the Plague Marines prefer short ranged battles. Ridley tends to specialize in long range flyby attacks. Ridley's biggest advantage here is that he can fly, and I don't think I've ever heard of Bolters being considered long range weapons. The disease, too, likely won't do much to an opponent too far away. Ridley might just be able to outrun and outlast them with guerilla warfare.

Add in his Omega mode and he's like a Plague Marine himself.

mechagoomba
bolters are actually about mid ranged weapons and I put the battle in a sealed dome so ridley couldnt fly to far, but one of the plague marines has a missile launcher so I dont think flying would be the safest bet in an area that isnt so open. Flying would however make it so the plague champion couldnt hit him with the plague spewer.
Also I was looking for normal ridley however what is omega mode?

The Scenario
There are a few versions of Ridley. We have normal Ridley, a Space Pirate Dragon who breathes plasma and has skin more durable than a starship. Then there's Meta-Ridley, Half-Robot Space Pirate Dragon armed with missiles, energy blasts, bombs, etc. Practically is a starship. Finally, there's Omega Ridley: Phazon Corrupted Half Robot Space Pirate Dragon. All of the above plus super durable phazite armor and phazon charged weapons.

To make a comparison, Phazon is like a combination of promethium, Nurgle's Rot, gauss weaponry, and a ton of radiation. It's versatile stuff, and Omega Ridley can use it as armor, weapons, and general increases in power. He's a tough one.

mechagoomba
ah, well just normal ridley for this and the actual rot of nurgle would be a bit worse then phazon what with the slow and painful death due to a horrible illness not even space marines,eldar or orks can survive but I suppose this is more my opinion.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Cyner
If Ridley recovers from X infection(and planet vaporization) in the sequel to Fusion, i'll be damn impressed.
He's recovered from Phazon corruption apparently (if you go by the timeline), so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to survive the X. erm

The Scenario
Maybe. Phazon is much quicker to kill the victim than Nurgle's Rot, thought. Usually, exposure causes death in seconds, but if a creature is extremely powerful, it'll instead go insane and gain new abilities while being converted into more phazon.

Anyway, normal Ridley? Okay, he breathes plasma and can fly. That's mostly it. Oh, he can regenerate by eating flesh, but that's a bad idea in this situation. He's taken rockets before, as Samus' Missile Launcher is basically a Bolter, with the even more powerful Super Missiles. He can even deflect missiles with his tail occasionally.

He's known to be able to fly through the vacuum of space, and can survive atmospheric reentry. Since he's slated to appear in Other M, it seems he also survived planet Zebes exploding on him. Tough guy all around.

Ridley_Prime
cd6gG3ohAZk

NAXmzQOg854

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.