Your Most Disliked Comic Characters....?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheTyrant
Name you're top three.

Mine are
1) Mxy
2) In-Betweener
3) Superman

galactusischere
1-Superman
2-Bat-Mite
3-Reed Richards(for casually owning Galactus)

JakeTheBank
I can see this quickly becoming a bash thread, btw, so maybe you should make it so people should leave a detailed and somewhat sensical reasoning as to their choices.

Knowsbleed33
Superman

Wolverine

Flash

Blinky
I only really dislike Superman.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I can see this quickly becoming a bash thread, btw, so maybe you should make it so people should leave a detailed and somewhat sensical reasoning as to their choices.

What Jake said. Briefly explain your reasoning if you can...please.

galactusischere
Originally posted by TheTyrant
What Jake said. Briefly explain your reasoning if you can...please.
Ok
Originally posted by galactusischere
1-Superman- For being Superman
2-Bat-Mite- For being so damn over-powered and having no real purpose in DCU.
3-Reed Richards(for casually owning Galactus)

Digi

^^ this

1. Mutants
2. ....hrn. Dunno.
3. Muties

Much like, say, the Yankees or Duke, Superman would get a lot of points for most liked but also most hated. It would be interesting to see if we could quantify the two types of lists to show who is actually the most liked based on negative points for being hated as well. It would be someone who is liked by a lot but hated by few.

Batman maybe. Who the hell hates Batman?

JakeTheBank
I really don't dislike a whole lot of comic characters. Most of those I'm not a fan of, I just choose not to read/follow, but right now Sentry is probably my most disliked character. I don't really like how he was forced into decades of continuity and set up on a pedistal to be the most powerful/greatest hero the world ever known...only everyone forgot. He's basically a Gary Stu if I ever saw one and it doesn't help that his plot device powers alter drastically only to, y'know, further the plot.

I do find it somewhat amazing that a lot of people seem to hate Superman as a character, and some for the sole fact that he is Superman. TBH, I'm not his biggest supporter or anything, but it does seem he gets a lot of flack.

Digi
I really don't dislike a whole lot of comic characters. Most of those I'm not a fan of, I just choose not to read/follow, but right now Sentry is probably my most disliked character. I don't really like how he was forced into decades of continuity and set up on a pedistal to be the most powerful/greatest hero the world ever known...only everyone forgot. He's basically a Gary Stu if I ever saw one and it doesn't help that his plot device powers alter drastically only to, y'know, further the plot.

I do find it somewhat amazing that a lot of people seem to hate Superman as a character, and some for the sole fact that he is Superman. TBH, I'm not his biggest supporter or anything, but it does seem he gets a lot of flack.

I do a pretty good job of not letting forum idiocy affect my personal opinions of characters, which is where a lot of votes against Sentry would likely come from right now. I can really only remember 2 characters that I've ever liked less as a result of KMC. Storm and Hulk...though I didn't really like them much before that either, so it didn't change much for me.

Superman's a symbol, so he'll take hate. Reading his books isn't really so bad. And I actually love the idea of his character and how DC explicitly tries to write their Big 3 in almost mythological terms. So I'd agree that some of it is just because he is who he is. Personally I'm surprised there aren't more Cap haters outside the US.

Badabing
1) Superboy (Man) Prime - Such a whiny little tool. The one character which really grates me at times.

2) Tied - First year Rulk - Nothing more really needs said. Quicksilver - Ego + Over inflated opinion of himself = Fail. He's no Namor.

3) Hawkman - Tries to be too much of a hard ass. He doesn't make it work like Bats or Guy Gardner.

Digi
Emo Prime is Win, Bada.

Though I never realized why I don't like Hawkman until you spelled it out there. Completely right. And Rulk should go without saying. Unless you have Rulk in your sig, this thread should be "most disliked besides Rulk."

Kazenji
Aquaman

jalek moye
Originally posted by Digi
Personally I'm surprised there aren't more Cap haters outside the US.

Funny thing about that, this scottish girl i know used to talk alot about how much her and her friends hate him

srankmissingnin
Wonderman.

Kazenji
Cyclops

oh yes i did go there.

Blinky
Yeah, everybody knows Rulk is shit.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Blinky
Yeah, everybody knows Rulk is shit.
not so much anymore

Kazenji
So they're finally doing something good with him?

jalek moye
Originally posted by Kazenji
So they're finally doing something good with him?

Well he's not as stupid and random, ever since he and Banner partnered up he's been more tolerable instead of random beat em up character.

Entity
Too obvious, but its interesting to see more people agree with me than normally seen.

Also Hal Jordan, has the greatest and potentially most powerful weapon in existence and uses it to make giant green balls. Batman's gotta hate him, I mean really really hate him. I bet Hal's the reason Bruce developed the Batjet!

"Ok so the heroes who can't fly get with Lantern and he'll carry you along to china, russia, japan, the watchtower on the moon, in space, whereever in his giant green balls!"

-Bruce thinks to himself after the endurment of one trip, **** this! lol

Seriously thou I hate Jordan for the same reason I hate Supes. He's jus a arrogant imaginationless tool who feels he's better than the others for believing he's not better than them. If that makes sense. I understand the attitude very well having endured it from my mother for years but can't really articulate it!

Scythe
1. Daken, get oughta here with him. Never liked him to begin with, let alone the fact that he's still around.

2. Mac Gargan, knock it off with that, Eddie Brock is the best.

3. Sentry, just don't like the character. Seems too Superman-ish crossed with an emotional mess.

-Pr-
I have to say i don't mind Prime. He's the comic world's raging fanboy. He amuses.

Characters i don't like...

Lois Lane: If i was Superman i'd have punted the cow in to the sun already. I've met women like that irl, and they drive me up the wall. Lana, Lori Lemaris, Maxima, ANY WOMAN but Lois. Man deserves better.

Sentris: Bendis' Sentry. Took a half decent concept and tried to give Marvel a Superman, then absolutely ballsed it up by making him some sort of insane villain with the void.

Barry Allen: I didn't mind the guy before, but sweet jesus, the wankery of this guy has just gone out the window, which strikes me as lunacy considering he was gone over twenty years, and he's just accepted back, sidelining Wally (who imo is the best Flash) for no good reason except that Johns loves him. At least when he brought back Hal, there was an actual genuine reason for giving him the spotlight.

And the Blue Ring. FFS... facepalm

Kyle Rayner:

Kidding. He's all right. No Hal, but who is.

Omega Vision
1. Sentry, I might have actually liked Sentry but for the fact that his writers try way too hard to make him interesting and "not a Superman-clone" when they'll never be able to escape that paradigm.

2. King Chimera. Need I really go into it?

3. Norman Osbourne.

willRules
Gambit.

Everything about him from his long spiked up hair to his magenta armour, his trenchcoat and the fact that he wields playing cards and a staff as a weapon....

It's like someone took everything they considered cool in the 90's and made a bad character out of it. Crime against fashion and my eyesight.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by willRules
Gambit.

Everything about him from his long spiked up hair to his magenta armour, his trenchcoat and the fact that he wields playing cards and a staff as a weapon....

It's like someone took everything they considered cool in the 90's and made a bad character out of it. Crime against fashion and my eyesight.
But he's Cajun! stick out tongue

Warlord
Superman just because the element of suspense in every big event he's in is ruined by default. - The event will end by superman's actions. or at least he is going to play the most important role

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Warlord
Superman just because the element of suspense in every big event he's in is ruined by default. - The event will end by superman's actions. or at least he is going to play the most important role
That doesn't appear to be the case in Blackest Night which is kinda odd since he'd be the most likely candidate in my eyes for the deputy Blue Lantern position. Sure Barry can inspire hope but is there really another character who inspires more hope than Superman?

steverules_2
Originally posted by willRules
Gambit.

He looked like Johnny Depps Willy Wonka in X-men origins: Wolverine

Galan007
1.) Penance. Never have I encountered a character so utterly worthy of a punch to the face. The guy never stopped crying about how bitterly unfair his life was. Give me a friggin' break.

2.) Sentry. He had a good start, then came the exceptionally emo "save me from myself" premise. Sofakingstupid.

3.) Recently even Deadpool has started getting on my nerves. He has quite literally turned into nothing more then a comic relief... We get it, he's got cheeky little quips about everything. Less talkie, please.

The Nuul
Umm have to think about what characters I dont like. IMO its up to bad writing and fanboys/haters that makes a character really bad or not. Times a character just sucks no matter what.

Blinky
Originally posted by Scythe
1. Daken, get oughta here with him. Never liked him to begin with, let alone the fact that he's still around.

thumb up How could I forget Daken, what a lame-ass.

Warlord
Originally posted by Omega Vision
That doesn't appear to be the case in Blackest Night which is kinda odd since he'd be the most likely candidate in my eyes for the deputy Blue Lantern position. Sure Barry can inspire hope but is there really another character who inspires more hope than Superman?

wow an exception...
there are those too.
but I guess if we start counting DC arks where superman saved the day we'd need a couple of pages

Omega Vision
wow an exception...
there are those too.
but I guess if we start counting DC arks where superman saved the day we'd need a couple of pages
Well as seen in FC Superman is the single most important concept in the DCU.

Original Smurph
Apocalypse
Vulcan
Emo-Prime
Black Panther, depending on the writer
Punisher

Allankles
Have to admit when I saw this thread I didn't think or couldn't remember who I disliked off the top of my head, but I'll second the votes for a lot of the characters already on here, and add a few more that I've just now remembered as I write this post, *live*.

Barry Allen - The Speed Force turned plot device. You see this guy and you think, "the speed force needs to be depowered for the sake of sanity". Don't get me started on his "Flash Facts".

Conduit - I hate these villains with no redeeming qualities that just happen to have all the weaknesses of a character. You know they should be getting their ass handed to them, but nooo our hero "must... fight... gold kryptonite...". He's the ugly side of Pre crisis characters revisited (btw Barry is too).

Sentry - because of the low self-esteem Bob crap and the from-left-field Void bs. It's like Marvel are looking for reasons to make the character uninteresting, but we know they want the opposite. The guy is supposed to be a classic hero, what happened to that Marvel?

Vulcan - he's a douche.

Bouboumaster
1- Mxy/Deadpool/Bat-mite: I donn't like when a character enter in the 4th wall.

2- First year Rulk. Now that Pak work with him as a writer, Loeb don't do insane shit. Well, not too insane.

But the first year of Rulk was a fiasco.

3- Wonder Woman: I find her useless.

BlackZero30x
1). SUPERMAN

2). Cyclops

3). Green Arrow

tkitna
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Superman

Wolverine

Flash

Same here with Wonder Woman coming in a close fourth.

I hate Superman because DC makes powers up for him just for a good showing. They take the fantasy to a whole new level with this character.

Wolverine gets hate because he's been in every book Marvel has written since the early 80's and most of the stuff he does is out of his character in my opinion. Come on,,,he's a street leveler. I honestly think he would be more interesting without his claws.

Flash? I used to love this character when all he did was run fast and maybe vibrate through a wall or two. Now, he's just ridiculous. If I hear that a DC team wins automatically on the versus threads just because Flash is on the team one more time, i'm going to puke.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by tkitna
Same here with Wonder Woman coming in a close fourth.

I hate Superman because DC makes powers up for him just for a good showing. They take the fantasy to a whole new level with this character.

Wolverine gets hate because he's been in every book Marvel has written since the early 80's and most of the stuff he does is out of his character in my opinion. Come on,,,he's a street leveler. I honestly think he would be more interesting without his claws.

Flash? I used to love this character when all he did was run fast and maybe vibrate through a wall or two. Now, he's just ridiculous. If I hear that a DC team wins automatically on the versus threads just because Flash is on the team one more time, i'm going to puke.
Other than Torquasm-vo (which isn't in continuity now IIRC) I can't really think of any time that's happened since the Crisis.

tkitna
Other than Torquasm-vo (which isn't in continuity now IIRC) I can't really think of any time that's happened since the Crisis.

Eh, I should have rephrased myself. Its not really the adding of powers, but how they accelerate his existing ones. Stuff like his heatvision heating up entire planets and stupid stuff like that. Flying from another galaxy to earth in nanoseconds and just crazy stuff like that. It never ends. They make Superman into whatever it takes to fix a problem no matter what.

Omgu8mynewt

Never thought of that before, but true I guess huh

1. Spider man - I just don't like the character and his smart quips and as a girl he doesn't appeal to my inner me at all

2. Colussus - too goody goody

3. Hulk - again, I really don't get it but have only read a few comics, not a proper reader

Kazenji

Wolverine gets hate because he's been in every book Marvel has written since the early 80's.

Thats a bit of an exaggeration........... erm

Such as?

BUSTER1
Bullseye-peak human with a deadly aim, and top h2h skills. Thats what I understood his powerset to be.
Since the beginning of Dark reign he has been portrayed as virtually indestructible. Everytime Bullseye gets injured, he seems to be completely healed next time you see him.
Has he got a Logan like HF that we never knew about??

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt
2. Colussus - too goody goody

the guy that straight up murdered villains and is related to THE rasputin is a goody goody?

SamZED
Hawkeye who is a freaking Bruce Lee all of a sudden. They think that one flashback of Cap showing him a judo throw is enough to justify him being able to kick the crap outta Bullseye, Venom, Daken and Osborn at the same time with his bare hands.

Warlord
clint was always a good fighter but yeah that type of MA was never used before

Warlord

counter vibrations would fit the description I think

Mindship
Ultimate Surfer: brainwashed lackey.
Ultimate Spider-Man: spider-runt.

-Pr-
counter vibrations would fit the description I think

that's just part of his super speed.

Warlord
or his super voice...wink

Slaanesh
Batman..he's just a human but he can do shit that he's not suppose too..

Gecko4lif
Wonder woman
Cyclops
Jubaliee
Spider woman
SENTRY!

roughrider
1. Aquaman - just listen to Seinfeld for how high he ranks on the lame-o meter.

2. Blue Beetle(Ted Kord) - one of Steve Ditko's wimpiest ideas.

3. Sabretooth - God, wish he could be put down for good.

Gecko4lif
You dare dislike Kord

You sir are now my enemy

-Pr-
or his super voice...wink

which he's had for decades, was even referenced in the cartoons.

Originally posted by roughrider
1. Aquaman - just listen to Seinfeld for how high he ranks on the lame-o meter.

what did he say?

roughrider
Originally posted by -Pr-

what did he say?

From Wikipedia:

- In pop culture, Aquaman has frequently been the subject of mockery for his distinctive powers, which are often comically portrayed as useless in comparison to those of other superheroes.

- Unlike many other heroes, Aquaman has often been the target of ridicule in pop culture, most jokes focusing on the apparent uselessness of his powers, and has been mocked on shows such as X-Play, Seinfeld, The State, Spin City, The Simpsons, The Office, Family Guy, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Spongebob Squarepants, The Fairly Odd Parents, Back at the Barnyard, South Park, and Robot Chicken.

Regarding Seinfeld, I just remember Jerry & George talking about Aquaman - "lame? lame." "Hey, go talk to some fish over there while we're busy..." stick out tongue

-Pr-
From Wikipedia:

- In pop culture, Aquaman has frequently been the subject of mockery for his distinctive powers, which are often comically portrayed as useless in comparison to those of other superheroes.

- Unlike many other heroes, Aquaman has often been the target of ridicule in pop culture, most jokes focusing on the apparent uselessness of his powers, and has been mocked on shows such as X-Play, Seinfeld, The State, Spin City, The Simpsons, The Office, Family Guy, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Spongebob Squarepants, The Fairly Odd Parents, Back at the Barnyard, South Park, and Robot Chicken.

Regarding Seinfeld, I just remember Jerry & George talking about Aquaman - "lame? lame." "Hey, go talk to some fish over there while we're busy..." stick out tongue

makes me feel bad for the guy.

his own comic series paints him as such a badass with an actual decent powerset, but he's never going to live down his days on the superfriends lol...

WickedDynamite
Damian Wayne

Kyle Ryner

The New Question and Batwoman.

roughrider
makes me feel bad for the guy.

his own comic series paints him as such a badass with an actual decent powerset, but he's never going to live down his days on the superfriends lol...

Who needs Aquaman when Namor is already out there? That's my attitude.

Battlehammer

yet spiderman still has him beat for most apearences by far...........
yes out of character if you ignore his entire history I suposes.....and only see him as you wish to see him not as he been potrayed since his developement or hell even day one. Your definition of street level must be different then the tier level system here, becuase he a far cry from street level.

with out his claws he be a different character..........though if you like I can name several books were he did not utilize his claws becuase he was using a sword, did not realize he had them, they were broken, or he was being prevented from using them. You be surprized how many books he has without using them.

as for this thread, I not sure, I mean there are characters I dislike, but to be honest do I truelly dislike them as much as I think or is it simply ignorant on of the character. I dislike wonder woman a lot, but is it well founded? Most likely not, it simply my ignorance in her character abilities and history which cause this dislike and is further fueled by the verses forum which is were I feel many peoples hate and dislike for characters is form or increased. I believe ignorance is the cause for hate/strong dislike for a character and is only increased by the versus forum which displays abilities people feel characters should not posses, not because they don't posses them, but rather people ignorance in the character makes them few a character differently then they are truelly displayed in comics and when there perception of a character is disproven to them, instead of acknowledging that there perception of the character was wrong, they instead increase there dislike of the character in question and ignore the reality of what the character in question is really capable of doing. They remained steadfast in there ignorant perception of how they wish the character to be, not how they truelly are. I find that this is true of my self and I believe many the members of the board though they may not chooses to except that reality. So I will instead only choose character I have an advance knowledge on. I will go with Sabre-tooth and Gargan for now.

JakeTheBank
^ That actually made a lot of sense.

I personally feel ignorance of a character goes hand in hand with disliking the character and getting a warped misconceived view of said character. I had a few friends who basically hated everything about Superman and yet...had never read a Superman comic outside of some panels/feats online. Personally, I also think hating some characters is viewed as "cool" by some and a lot of the DC characters seem to catch more flak than some of the Marvel characters, though there is an idiot out there for everyone to be bashed by.

I don't let the Vs. Forums bother me so much about characters, but rather the actual comics there are in. Back to my original choice, I disliked the entire concept of Sentry from the get-go. I'm somewhat a stickler when it comes to canon and history in my comic verses, and the idea that there was this "hidden" Superman-esque golden icon main eventer hero that everyone "forgot" just reeks of self gratifying fan fiction to me, imo. The funny thing is, before the crazy Void stuff happened, a lot of people who hated Superman with a bizarre feverish passion instantly loved Sentry. Had he not been forced into Marvel canon and apparently as one of its most important and "well known" heroes, I wouldn't have minded so much.

Kazenji

Well he is still currently dead to my knowledge.......

Battlehammer

He was kill by Wolverine over two years ago going on three if not mistaken. Hell he might have been dead prior to Captain America's death who just came back to life. The Sabre-tooth that is a live and may have come to 616 universe is AOA Sabre-tooth who was 616 Psylocke lover on the Exiles and is a good guy, who is a lot different in many ways to his 616 counter part. He almost Exiles version of Wolverine, which is funny becuase they have faced an evil Wolverine who was much like 616 Sabre-tooth.

Warlord

Yet he only used it that way in Final Crisis

-Pr-
Yet he only used it that way in Final Crisis

he's used counter vibrations before, and besides, it's not every day you fight a being that is crushing existence with its fat ass.

Warlord
he's used counter vibrations before, and besides, it's not every day you fight a being that is crushing existence with its fat ass.

has he ever used counter "singing" vibrations before to counter an abstract like entity?
I'm sure he has dealed with something like that before...

anyway all I'm saying is that seems to come up with whatever is required to save the universe/multiverse in almost every ark, leaving other characters in the limelight, which I find annoying.

Just my opinion though

Allankles
You know that feat looks bad for all parties involved because Morrison doesn't explain whats happening in the comic itself - only in an interview. So people are left assuming that DS's ghost form was somehow disintergrated (me included when I saw it the 1st time).

In the interview Morrison states that DS was actually dragged away by the Black Racer, Supes merely loosened his grip on the universe.

Deadline
Batman is one my favourite characters but sometimes he really pisses me off as well.

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well he is still currently dead to my knowledge.......

Yeah - we know it's a matter of time before he returns, somehow.

I don't hate him because I think he's lame - quite the opposite. I hate him because he's so hateful, by what he does.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Allankles
You know that feat looks bad for all parties involved because Morrison doesn't explain whats happening in the comic itself - only in an interview. So people are left assuming that DS's ghost form was somehow disintergrated (me included when I saw it the 1st time).

In the interview Morrison states that DS was actually dragged away by the Black Racer, Supes merely loosened his grip on the universe.
Do you think DS is in Limbo right now with Merryman and Co? That could be a good way to set up his eventual return. Have him forgotten virtually by everyone (due to the effects of Limbo's reality) and have him escape to pull off a majestic Great Darkness Saga-style return. It would also be a good way to reintroduce the 5th World New Gods who would be the only ones that remember Darkseid and thus know how to beat him.

ExodusCloak

I think the Thing is more of your typical american stereotype (holidaymaker) then Cap. And I really, really dislike the Thing because his personality reminds me of said holidaymakers with the short, shorts, sandals and long socks.

roughrider

That's because he's not a blind patriot and yes man for his government. His values are more to do with being a good human being, than being traditionally American. I respect and like him for that - and believe he's actually more liberal than Superman.

Omega Vision
That's because he's not a blind patriot and yes man for his government. His values are more to do with being a good human being, than being traditionally American. I respect and like him for that - and believe he's actually more liberal than Superman.
I think he's a libertarian leaning independent.

Bouboumaster
I think he's a libertarian leaning independent.

IMO, he would be more Liberal Democrat.

Deadline
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I think the Thing is more of your typical american stereotype (holidaymaker) then Cap. And I really, really dislike the Thing because his personality reminds me of said holidaymakers with the short, shorts, sandals and long socks.

Thing doesn't get enough respect. IMO hes just as iconic as Captain America and Superman.

That's because he's not a blind patriot and yes man for his government. His values are more to do with being a good human being, than being traditionally American. I respect and like him for that

Hit the damn nail on the head.

- and believe he's actually more liberal than Superman.

I agree. I think Superman and other DC heroes can tend to be quite judgemental.

Martian_mind
Hal Jordan.

"OMG OLLIE, YOU KILLED A MASS MURDERER WHO WAS CERTAIN TO REOFFEND"

Yeah, cause Hal's never hurt a hair on any innocents head....

Deadline
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Hal Jordan.

"OMG OLLIE, YOU KILLED A MASS MURDERER WHO WAS CERTAIN TO REOFFEND"

Yeah, cause Hal's never hurt a hair on any innocents head....

You're not thinking of Parrallax?

Martian_mind
He was the Spectre FFS, divine retribution incanate.

Deadline
Originally posted by Martian_mind
He was the Spectre FFS, divine retribution incanate.

Oh I see your point.

quanchi112
Superman-Everything about the character just irks me. The fact he rarely ever kills even when he should for the good of everyone. The fact dc puts him in multiple books so you can't escape the guy. The fact he hogs up the spotlight from other heroes in the dc. The fact he didn't even fall victim to WW after years and years of fighting alongside her when he couldn't even remember Lois. His classic villain is lame in Lex. Basically his entire attitude drives me nuts.

geshien
1. Daken
2. Namor
3. Captain America

Entity
Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman-Everything about the character just irks me. The fact he rarely ever kills even when he should for the good of everyone. The fact dc puts him in multiple books so you can't escape the guy. The fact he hogs up the spotlight from other heroes in the dc. The fact he didn't even fall victim to WW after years and years of fighting alongside her when he couldn't even remember Lois. His classic villain is lame in Lex. Basically his entire attitude drives me nuts. thumb up

Allankles
Do you think DS is in Limbo right now with Merryman and Co? That could be a good way to set up his eventual return. Have him forgotten virtually by everyone (due to the effects of Limbo's reality) and have him escape to pull off a majestic Great Darkness Saga-style return. It would also be a good way to reintroduce the 5th World New Gods who would be the only ones that remember Darkseid and thus know how to beat him.

That's an interesting idea.thumb up Then they could go even further & set up a scenario like - a native of Limbo reading his name from a torn fragment of the Crime Bible, prompting the spirit of DS to reawaken and maybe inhabit this natives body.

Imagine it, an entire mini on Limbo, maybe even have it become the New Apokolips.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.