Surviving Pandora.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
The following people are dumped on the moon Pandora (Avatar, durh) and must survive the harsh climate for six months.

John Rambo (Rambo II version): Rambo is armed with his bow, bowie knife, and an M-16 assault rifle. Rambo has unlimited arrows, but only six mags for the M-16.

Riddick (COR Riddick): Armed with his twin knives from COR, and two energy weapons. The energy weapons have enough charge for a hundred shots each.

Alan Parrish (Jumanji): Same as in "Jumanji", unarmed, except for a bowie knife. He is an adult here, not a child.

Dutch (Predator): Armed with a bowie knife, an M-16 rifle, and his makeshift bow. Unlimited arrows, six mags for the M-16.

Predator (First Predator): No gadgets for the Pred, just his armor and wrist blades. He also has his med kit and his helmet.

Victor Creed (X Men: Origins): Unarmed.

Marv (Sin City): Armed with a hatchet.

James (Twilight): The tracker vampire from the gay ass vampire movies. Armed with a bowie knife. He must drink the blood of any of the native animals to survive.

Michael Corvin (Underworld): Unarmed.

The two Lions from "The Ghost and the Darkness." The lions are, for obvious reasons, excluded from the conditions listed below.

The Velociraptors from "Jurassic Park." Again, same as the lions, they are excluded from the conditions below.

The following conditions apply to each combatant Except for the Lions and the Velociraptors.)

They are all wearing military camouflage, combat boots, typical military gear (except for the Predator, of course.)

They each have one canteen of water, a box of matches, and enough rations for a week. Michael and James obviously do not need the food and water here, they eat what they kill, but they do have matches.

They have all been briefed on the moon, it's species, it's edible foods, the natives, they know everything there is to know about Pandora.

For sake of argument, they have had a surgical procedure done that enables them to breathe the air of the moon, they need no breathing apparatus.

Who makes it the entire six months? Who dies first?

Darth Martin
So there are no Na'Vi? Just wild the animals and monsters?

Moscow
For whomever dies first, it's a toss-up between Alan Parrish and the tracker vampire guy. Both of these characters are exceptionally weak (I cannot imagine Robin Williams in any form duking it out on Pandora)

For whomever wins the trial, the Predator stands a much better chance of winning, strictly because of its invisibility trick. Rambo and Riddick are probably the closest to surviving the longest.

Dr Will Hatch
The guy from Jumanji survived for almost 30 years with constant stampedes, unending earthquakes and giant spiders. I say he does OK.

Most of these people adapt and clear the "gauntlet", imo.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
So there are no Na'Vi? Just wild the animals and monsters? No, the Na'Vi are around.

Rogue Jedi
Rambo likely survives.

Riddick? Doubtful.

Alan? No.

Dutch? Maybe.

Pred? No.

Victor? Hell yes.

Marv? Nah.

James? More than likely.

Michael? Big time.

The Lions. I dunno, I doubt it.

The raptors? No.

Placidity
1. James (Twilight)

Super speed, Super Strength, Super Durability, Super Senses, Doesn't require sleep. The question is whether Pandora can survive him.

2. Michael Corvin

Healing factor, enhanced physical stats. This dude came back from the freaking dead, Nuff said.

3. Victor Creed

Healing Factor, Cat-like agility, Razor Sharp Claws. Survives pretty easily. He will hunt down all of the Navi slowly for fun.

4. Marv

Don't really recall his feats, but I remembered he tanked bullets and got hit by a speeding car and was still looking good after. A tie between him and Predator for now.

4. Predator

Most experienced hunter on the list with enhanced physical stats although not in the same league as the top 3.

Rogue Jedi
No love for Rambo?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
No love for Rambo?

oh i gots love for, Rambo but not in this scenario

what was up with the, Lions, dude laughing out loud

The vampire, Predator, Creed, and Corvin will all survive, imo

I also think Riddick has a good chance at surviving. The others, however, get eaten.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
oh i gots love for, Rambo but not in this scenario

what was up with the, Lions, dude laughing out loud

The vampire, Predator, Creed, and Corvin will all survive, imo

I also think Riddick has a good chance at surviving. The others, however, get eaten. Rambo showed he can blend in with his surroundings far better than any of the others. And he showed he can hunt. Plus he's the ****in Rambo.

steverules_2
They all die because they don't have any oxygen and thus ends this thread of survival dur

Rogue Jedi
Read the OP.

steverules_2
...dammit

NemeBro
Vin Diesel gradually hunts down and kills all of the creatures on Pandora, including the big ass dragon, and all with a knife.

He then proceeds to manually tow all of the Unobtainium to the Marine's base, kills all the marines, and flies back to Earth and becomes rich.

Rogue Jedi
Does he bang Michelle Rodriguez?

NemeBro
Only if he can do it in under an hour.

Darth Martin
They'd all die. They'd be caught dead in the forest by hunters just like the female who caught Jake.

The Predator needs more than his wristblades. Give him his invisibility cloak atleast. The jungle is his element. With slightly more equipment he'd have a chance. If you gave him the rest of his equipment: Plasma Caster and Cloak; then we could seriously talk.

I haven't seen any of the Underworld or Twilight films. Won't comment.

The rest die. You can't put Dutch and Rambo down there armed to the teeth and expect them to come out alive. Sure, they might manage to kill a Na'Vi or two but they'll easily be picked off.

Marv is too loud. He'd be caught. His strength and an adult Na'Vi are probably comparable. Creed would just last a bit longer because of his healing, speed, and agility.

While your thread idea is good, I think you've put alot of these guys here and they've got no chance of having sucess.

Some worthy contestants for your thread that would actually have a chance IMO:
*Urban Hunter (Predator 2)
*Wolverine (Hulk vs.)
*Nomak (Blade II)
*Batman (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies )
*Captain America (Ultimate Avengers)
*Black Panther (Ultimate Avengers II)
*Jango Fett
*Blade

Now understand this, don't just think you can give these guys just a hatchet and they'll be fine. Most of them would be slaughtered. You've got to give them there standard equipment. Pandora is no cakewalk. There are thousands of Na'Vi. These are giants compared to human beings with superhuman physical stats to boot. Not to mention the regular beasts, monsters, bugs, and wild animals you'd normally find inhabiting the planet as well as the things YOU put there in the OP.

NemeBro
Nah.

Vin Diesel>>>Pandora.

Rearrange the letters in his name and it spells "I End Lives."

Rogue Jedi
The Na'Vi aren't engaging them, they aren't hunting them. This thread is more about the character versus the planet and the animal species. The only way they fight the Na'Vi is if they engage the Na'Vi.

Darth Martin
No. If they are spotted by the Na'Vi they'll be seen as aliens and they will be engaged. This is what happened in the film. Jake just got lucky that the female who attacked him spared his life.

So if you don't want any problems between the combatants and the Na'Vi why don't you just exclude the Na'Vi from the planet. It doesn't make sense for them to be there but not attack unless they're attacked upon first.

Rogue Jedi
OK, so the Na'Vi aren't around. I would have thought that was obvious.

Darth Martin
No, the Na'Vi are around. erm

Rogue Jedi
It makes it impossible for the combatants to survive. Excluded from the planet, as you said.

Darth Martin
Oh, so your altering the rules? I thought you were saying that's the way it always was which just isn't the case indicated by my post above.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, I has the NaVi there as neutral, but you made a good point in saying that they would in no way be neutral, so I chose to eliminate them altogether.

Darth Martin
I still doubt those characters will fare well. There chances of sucess have risen though.

jinXed by JaNx
Rambo showed he can blend in with his surroundings far better than any of the others. And he showed he can hunt. Plus he's the ****in Rambo.

I agree man, but without ample ammunition he'll get gutted. Remember when, Jake, was saved by the sexy cat lady from those shadow jackals? do you think, Rambo could seriously survive an encounter like that? If, Rambo were familiar with, Pandora i'd give him a nod but...,

NemeBro
Rambo would be eaten alive in Pandora.

no expression

The very first one of those panther-like things he saw would kill him, bullets were useless against them, from guns in a moar advanced age.

Darth Martin
Rambo has no chance here. Period. No one does really.

jinXed by JaNx
Really, you don't think, Sabretooth, Predator and the vampires can survive? Each one seem to be faster and stronger than the, Na'vi. I don't think there is much question that, Corvin, Sabretooth and the, Twilight vampire survive.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by NemeBro
Rambo would be eaten alive in Pandora.

no expression

The very first one of those panther-like things he saw would kill him, bullets were useless against them, from guns in a moar advanced age. But you see, Rambo knows all about the planet and it's species, as do the others.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Really, you don't think, Sabretooth, Predator and the vampires can survive? Each one seem to be faster and stronger than the, Na'vi. I don't think there is much question that, Corvin, Sabretooth and the, Twilight vampire survive. I doubt the Predator will last long with no cloak and nothing but his wristblades.

Sabretooth's not gonna take down some of those beings.

The Na'Vi aren't on the planet.

Rogue Jedi
Why would he have to? He could go to the trees and avoid them. I think Victor clears easily.

NemeBro
But you see, Rambo knows all about the planet and it's species, as do the others. I don't care.

no expression

Rambo is a normal human.

The moment one of those predators see him, he is eaten alive.

He has no defense against them.

Darth Martin
Why would he have to? He could go to the trees and avoid them. I think Victor clears easily. No rest? Forget it. These guys have no chance. You need more powerful individuals.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by NemeBro
I don't care.

no expression

Rambo is a normal human.

The moment one of those predators see him, he is eaten alive.

He has no defense against them. Who says they see him?

KingD19
Viktor tanked machinegun fire and an optic beam powerful enough to obliterate a school and a nuclear power plant, it was also hot enough to leave red hot edges wherever it hit. He sliced through metal and climbed a building in a few seconds...by running up the side. He can survive.

So can the vampire whose speed is crazy.

Michael makes Pandora his little b*tch

And Riddick has shown he's quite capable of taking care of himself on hostile planets and against dangerous beings, he clears as well.

Rogue Jedi
Yes.

Yes.

Hell yes.

Good point, Riddick's stock just went up ten points with me.

I'm still confident Rambo has a good chance.

KingD19
Rambo has the potential to make it if he knows how to pick his battles. If he stays away from anything larger than a Viperwolf, he's golden, if he tries to fight a Thanator though(the big panther thing that Jake couldn't down with an emplacement machinegun), then he's in trouble.

Rogue Jedi
He wouldn't, read the OP.

KingD19
I read it, I was just pointing out how he would get messed up.

Rogue Jedi
Point is he knows which creatures would be affected by the rifle, and which would not.

KingD19
I know that.

Rogue Jedi
I know you know that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.