Ush's Game Episode III- "Artifact"- collected postscripts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Dexx
great..i'll take no. 2

Dexx
how could we have done that?..even if we did win the race AND ascar keep his end of the deal.
Ofcourse..loosing that race started the whole downwards...ascension to the DJs. If we did win, we would have the miramar as a back up instead of our MAIN offense.

Ushgarak
If you had:

1. Killed Persis in advance of the ending

2. Won the race and kept the Astrolabe, or lost it and taken it

You would have had the real one.

Fire
I'll take 3 unless the table makes me change that

Captain REX
Combat advancement please. This is the third time... evil face

Captain REX
The only thing I hate about the game analysis is that it makes us show all of our errors...like that I could have killed Persis when he shot Rura.

Where is Rura anyway?

Dexx
attacking persis when shooting Rura would've had serious repercusions on the astrolabe negociations

Ushgarak
When Persis shot Rura would have been a terrible time to try and kill him.

You would have had to arrange his death.

Rura is alive and well and will meet with you at the start of the next game.

Ushgarak
Gee, I wrote that advancment thing a long time ago... I will correct it. As it stood, it made it look like advancing in combat skill was a non-sabre thing, which is not so. You increase in combat skill according to your template- so a Swordsman would improve mostly in sabre combat, a Freelancer in all forms of combat, a Master in sabre only, and so on.

genral zink
I don't get any improvements because I'm a newb, right?

genral zink
It's a compelling storyline, Ush. I like it a lot. I can't wait to play and add to it either. smile

Dexx
right

Gundark
Number 3, of course.

Bespin Bart
Same here. #3

Ushgarak
All being noted. I am afraid I am having to delay the posting of that table, as thre forum formatting prevents me from posting a comprehensible one, as far as I can make out.

Ushgarak
Ok, got it working, thanks to Raz!

Dexx
i have a question. During or following a game, do you advance strictly in the stated area? For example if i said combat abillity, my force abillity will remain the same throughout the 4th game also just as it was at the begining of the 3rd? If not, does it have anything to do with what you literally experience in the game?

P.S: just for my curious nature....wich are those super dark-side master templatesbig grin?

Ushgarak
You advance strictly. It would be far more graduated in a tabletop game but I keep it simple on-line.

They are Tyrant, Bane and Overlord.

Captain REX
Which I know about... big grin

How about those Alien templates? How did they come along?

Dexx
wuch one's the marauder

Ushgarak
Overlord.

Dexx
no age disadvantage? i dig that..evil face

Ushgarak
More literally a smaller age disadvantage. But not a Master in the sense the Light Side would recognise.

Dexx
even better. so are these unlocked if we find the mausoleum?..or whatever comes next after it?big grin

Ushgarak
Oh no. Don't go thinking it is some magical thing I have hidden from you. If you ever become a Nemesis (which is what I call the Dark Side Masters), you would be an Orphan with a load of experience (Kuylen, for example, is a Blackguard at heart).

The Nemesis templates are just somewhere for new players to start at, just like the Master templates.

The reason they are forbidden is that a Dark Master must lead his group and attempt to kill any rival. The Dark Siders HAVE a leader; more are not possible.

Dexx
i see....seems pretty balanced.

Ushgarak
And the other reason is that they are incredibly rare- so rare as to be pretty much non-existent. The reason the Marauder Nemesis- the Overlord- has less of an age penalty is because it is simply not possible for the Dark Side to learn how to become a Master in the normal run of things- the Dark Side is very instinctive and an easy route to power, but to match the depth of understanding that someone like Gundark has... it isn't going to happen. The SITH knew how, of course, which is why the main plot of my game is attractive to Dark Side players.

Tyrant and Bane are both ex-Jedi Master templates, which is how they do it- but with Dooku doing it at this point, itnwould be staggering to have another Master so fall. But there may be a story where it is possible.

Dexx
this sith mystery thing is really atractive...can't wait.

LanceWindu
OK, just to keep my character up to date I want to advance in #3.

Ushgarak
Ok, nearly all done, I think.

mah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.