Ryu Hayabusa & Link VS Cloud Strife & Sora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FWahMaN
Lore heroes (calling them that for some reason) versus two main protagonists of Square Enix with almost identical hairstyles, Sora and Cloud.

I can argue great for 3 characters. The only Zelda I've touched was Link's Awakening for the Game Boy, say 12 years ago, and I never even gone halfway through that.

Oh well. Get re - FIGHT!!!!

FWahMaN
sad

XanatosForever
Give it time. smile

ScreamPaste
Which Link? Needs specifics, sir.

XanatosForever
Indeed. Without them we generally assume Composite Link, and that is never good for anyone. laughing

FWahMaN
SC2 Link and NG2 Ryu, versus AC Cloud and KH2 Sora. This is a default weapons match only.

Well, any Link as long as it's only using weapons.

Edit - actually whichever makes this the most balanced out, otherwise there's no point of this thread right?

K I'm done for the day here. Been fun spending time with you all.

ScreamPaste
SC2? That's not even Canon. blink

Hmmm.

XanatosForever
Should be an interesting challenge, then, no? 131

ScreamPaste
Not really. SC2 Link was based on OoT Link stick out tongue

XanatosForever
mmm True, and he does get the Great Fairy Sword...and that bug net is lethal. o.O

ScreamPaste
I always loved the Mirror shield weapon set.

BloodRain
Link cant use magic :/? What about Cloud, no Materia?

Sin_Volvagia
You're better off using LttP or AoL Link because of Sora.

Team 2 wins because either player would beat Link with no problem and Ryu isn't going to handle them both at once.

FWahMaN
K, Fierce Deity Link is enabled and as well as Final Form Sora. The thing about Ryu and Cloud is they have no super forms (unless Ryu transforms via the Dark Dragon Blade, but that would be horrible spite imo).

So Final Form and Cloud, vs Deity Link and Ryu. No magic or items. Just melee.

MooCowofJustice
Fierce Deity Link is feat less, though. >_> Similar to Final Form Sora, I suppose.

FinalAnswer
Link soloes thread then eats a hefty plate of waffles.

FWahMaN
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Fierce Deity Link is feat less, though. >_> Similar to Final Form Sora, I suppose. Depends on what is meant by feats. If anything related to gameplay doesn't count, then perhaps. I'm not in the position to say all gameplay should be excluded unless it's Final Fantasy, which has the most awkward gameplay in my opinion.

KH gameplay is pretty realistic. What usually isn't is all the talk of damage points, how much health points you have, invulnerablity, etc.

But something like reaction commands, moves character have, those are things they can do. FF has those two. I'm saying numbers gauging health and damage, glitches, and similar things should not be regarded.

Gameplay should tell what characters "can" do. It doesn't make sense they can pull off something in a game (I'm talking about moves in the game, not something like "Sora can one shot Sephiroth at level 142343"wink

MooCowofJustice
Final Form Sora lacks any greater strength, speed, and durability feats better than regular Sora. All we know about it is that it can do the same things as Sora and can float and TK two keyblades.

It's even more different for Fierce Deity Link. We don't have anything to go on except Young Link's feats and that FD Link can shoot beams from it's sword.

FWahMaN
He can attack at least twice as fast, travel faster (he "beams" from one place to another) has magic that puts his regular spells to shame...etC.

MooCowofJustice
If you believe that, why use FD Link?

FWahMaN
Because I thought he was playable as well as that the name itself tells enough. Link as a fierce deity, why would that not be stronger than regular Link?

If he's playable and he's either faster, stronger, has more effective moves, they could all be taken into consideration. Gameplay is worth mentioning when it makes perfect sense, e.g. Ryu Hayabusa's SOTHD involves sending a fiend in the air and slicing through it several times, fast enough the fiend doesn't fall back down, until it's over.

ScreamPaste
Because a mask is not more powerful than the triforce of courage. stick out tongue

OoT Link would kick the hell out of Fierce Diety Link, due to FD Link lacking any feats whatsoever. FD is totally optional infact.

FD's only gameplay feats are shooting beams, and... Being tall. He plays exactly like OoT Link with the biggoron sword, and nothin' else. And shoots beamz.

Sin_Volvagia
Fierce Deity Link? I can't see him beating Cloud nor Sora.

ScreamPaste
In a weapons only fight? He could school Cloud based solely on power-scaling. no expression Could probably take Sora, too, as Sora lacks actual skill, and relies on powers to be effective.

But really, FD Link isn't very powerful. Good enough for this fight, I suppose.

Ryu soloes, though.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
In a weapons only fight? He could school Cloud based solely on power-scaling. no expression Could probably take Sora, too, as Sora lacks actual skill, and relies on powers to be effective.

But really, FD Link isn't very powerful. Good enough for this fight, I suppose.

Ryu soloes, though.

As much as I dislike Cloud, he was able to take out Sin Bahamut without much problem.

Devil Gene
as Sora lacks actual skillThen why does said character demonstrate a great amount of it in the games?

ScreamPaste
He wields the keyblade like a freakin' bat. no expression

MooCowofJustice
Sora lacks general weapon skill all together. That's what happens when you're self taught at the age of...5?

BloodRain
Like some green cladded incantations? Similar by the end claiming a master title. He wields the keyblade easily on par with Cloud and Ryu's skill level.

TheAuraAngel
Sora has weapon skill. He is just unorthodox about it. And pardon me if I'm wrong but aren't we talking about Final form Sora, who TKs his keyblades? In the thread I mean.

MooCowofJustice
I've never found much evidence for OoT Link to be incredibly skilled with a sword, at least not Young Link. OoT Link later learns all of those Hidden Skills. If I'm wrong about YL Scream will probably correct me.

TP Link has Rusl, WW Link had Orca.

Cyner
Originally posted by BloodRain
Like some green cladded incantations? Similar by the end claiming a master title. He wields the keyblade easily on par with Cloud and Ryu's skill level.

I'm guessing you meant Incarnations... which still doesn't make sense in that sentence.

Ryu is definitely the most skilled swordsman of group, Link, Cloud and Sora don't match up.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Cyner
I'm guessing you meant Incarnations... which still doesn't make sense in that sentence.

Ryu is definitely the most skilled swordsman of group, Link, Cloud and Sora don't match up.
Si, not focusing when typing that at all :/

@Moo: But he could of learnt at any point before he died. All highly skilled, but under Ryus's level.

ScreamPaste
Just gonna highlight that young Link kicked Odolwa's ass in a sword fight despite being smaller and less physicly powerful, and that OoT Link = the hero's Shade.

Ryu still solo's team two, and FD Link would still probably beat either one in single combat given the limitations.

Cyner
Just gonna highlight that young Link kicked Odolwa's ass in a sword fight despite being smaller and less physicly powerful, and that OoT Link = the hero's Shade.

Ryu still solo's team two, and FD Link would still probably beat either one in single combat given the limitations.

Agreed, just repurchased NG2 the other night and that Ryu is a beast.

Next Ryu thread needs the Vigoorian Flail

NemeBro
Sora would beat Ryu.

GTFO of here with that shit.

ScreamPaste
In melee combat? Hell no. no expression

Sin_Volvagia
Just gonna highlight that young Link kicked Odolwa's ass in a sword fight despite being smaller and less physicly powerful

In a straight-up sword fight? No, he was using arrows and bomb flowers.

Of Valves
Ryu still solo's team two.I personally believe I'm the most aquainted with Ninja Gaiden, and strongly disagree.

He wields the keyblade like a freakin' bat. no expression He uses two hands sometimes I guess is what you meant. He does that as much as he uses them as boomerangs, as swords; as spell casters as well.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Sora lacks general weapon skill all together. That's what happens when you're self taught at the age of...5? Started at 14. If he lacks general weapon skill, why can he spin, deflect, and aim with precise accuracy a weapon that functions as a sword? How come he can utilize different style weapons (claymore, scythe) out of the blue? (video later in the post)

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Sora has weapon skill. He is just unorthodox about it.Nope, lacks skill. Lacks it hard. Look:7-pn9U2ZGUY

Originally posted by Cyner
Ryu is definitely the most skilled swordsman of group, Link, Cloud and Sora don't match up. Would have to say Cloud and Ryu are around the same level, with Cloud having more showings of skill in swordsmanship. Ryu is more versatile (with a lot more weapons; has Cloud's two styles as well).

IMO, Sora would not beat Ryu in a melee match. Sora's magic is a little more effective (having no casting times unlike Ryu) in Master/Final Form.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.