Die Hard 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Is the film any good? Most people regard it as the worst. Then how come Siskel & Ebert were ranting and raving about it being an action achievement?

http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/atm/reviews.html?sec=6&subsec=die+hard

I've only seen the first and fourth installments. I don't expect the second one to be as good as the original but is it any good nonetheless? Should I purchase this?

steverules_2
Has the best Yipee Kai aye motherf*cker scene out of all of them, but yeah for a sequel I actually don't think its that bad considering most sequels

Tired-Hiker
Not a bad sequel, but no where near as captivating as the first.

coolmovies
Originally posted by steverules_2
Has the best Yipee Kai aye motherf*cker scene out of all of them, but yeah for a sequel I actually don't think its that bad considering most sequels

I agree with you there

Tired-Hiker
I don't even remember the Yipee Kai aya from the second one. Refresh my memory, please. And don't tell me it's where he ejects from the grounded plane.

Darth Martin
Right before he blows the escaping plane up.

Tired-Hiker
I think that was a pretty cheesy Yippie Kai aye compared to the first movie's. The first one set it up perfectly with the preceeding dialogue between John McClaine and Hans Gruber.

Darth Martin
Just watched Die Hard last night. Easily one of the best and inspirational action films of all time.

Both McClane and Gruber are great characters.

Tired-Hiker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Just watched Die Hard last night. Easily one of the best and inspirational action films of all time.

Both McClane and Gruber are great characters.

Hellz yeah!

jinXed by JaNx
Die Hard 2 is the black mark in the franchise. The only thing this movie has going for it is that, Bruce Willis is in it. There are a few good ideas in the movie, but Renny Harlin, really dropped the ball here. The action is poorly edited and like the concept and supporting characters it's just silly.

Spartan005
solid action movie but not as good as 1 or 4 in my opinion. 3 wasn't too good either.

Sadako of Girth
In its defense: The full uncut DVD version is the movie at it's best.

All edit versions suck another 2 out of 10 off of the score easily.

All movies uneditted would have to be something like:

DH1:10/10

DH2: 8/10

DH3: 7/10

DH4.0: 8 and half/10

Rogue Jedi
I don't get why someone would say DH2 sucked ass. It was epic, 9/10, they were all epic.

The Nuul
I liked it...its my 2nd fav out of the series.

Rogue Jedi
DH1 is the best. Followed by 2, then 4, then 3.

Lord Shadow Z
I think 2 is looked on less favourably because as a villain Colonel Stuart didn't really develop a dynamic with McClane whereas the others did.

Plus, there was no kind of main henchman to get interested in:

In 1 you had Karl, 3 you had Targo and psycho blond woman and in 4 you had Mai Linh and those Free Runner people.

I place it last but I love them all really

Hell Lancer
Lethal Weapon2>Die Hard2

The Nuul
Starship Troopers 2 > Lethal Weapon2

Rogue Jedi
Bullshit.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Bullshit.

Reported.

Rogue Jedi
Oh my.

steverules_2
Love Lethal weapon 2

The Nuul
Oh my.

evilgrin

Darth Martin
Blade II>Every one of those.

Hell Lancer
LethalWeapon2 was brilliant. A lot better than Die Hard2. In fact, I might even say i like Riggs more than McClane.

Rogue Jedi
I like McClane more as a character, but Riggs would kick the shit outta him.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

All movies uneditted would have to be something like:

DH1:10/10

DH2: 8/10

DH3: 7/10

DH4.0: 8 and half/10

I did'nt even know all had uneditted versions except for Die Hard 4.0 .

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by The Nuul
Reported.

Tattle tale, did that word hurt your eyes?

jinXed by JaNx
I like McClane more as a character, but Riggs would kick the shit outta him.

definitely

SnakeEyes
I like Die Hard 2, not as much as Die Hard, but it's probably my second favorite in the franchise.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
definitely Exactly.

Bicnarok

The Nuul
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Tattle tale, did that word hurt your eyes?

ka-dur

MildPossession
I thought the third was the weakest out of the three, didn't think much of it at all.

Darth Martin
I like McClane more as a character, but Riggs would kick the shit outta him. That's the interesting thing about McClane's character though. The series shows him failing against martial artist time and again. He's all about resources.

Rogue Jedi
Exactly. When forced to fight h2h with nothing else, he regularly gets his ass kicked. McClane is the "Average Joe", that's the appeal.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by MildPossession
I thought the third was the weakest out of the three, didn't think much of it at all.

It did have more of an open environment feel to it though being set all around New York. The ending was a bit off for me but I liked the expansiveness of the film.

I liked the bit when Zeus lost the gold bar though laughing

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
In its defense: The full uncut DVD version is the movie at it's best. What's the difference in the PG-13 and the unrated cut?

Rogue Jedi
BLOOD.

Impediment
DH3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DH4.

Rogue Jedi
NO.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Martin
What's the difference in the PG-13 and the unrated cut?

BLOOD.

Wow they really overdid themselves......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.