Black Dynamite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
http://rashaunhall.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/black_dynamite_ver3.jpg

Has anyone here seen this? Thoughts? I ordered it last week and it is supposed to come in Wednesday. I EAGERLY await to see this. This has a chance to become my favorite movie of 2009 with everything I've heard of it. I'm a big fan of Michael Jai White and this looks by far to be his best work.

This film has got me buzzing and I've yet to see it. Looks absolutely brilliant.

http://www.blackdynamitemovie.com/gclid=CPP9xNOmw50CFYZM5QodaUKkyA

Theatrical trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-wqmnJrOFM&feature=related

Red-band trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK8VKJ_svp8

RocasAtoll
It's hilarious. But you have to have seen some amount of blaxpliotation films to get everything in the film. You should do that first if you haven't already.

KingD19
There's no I in revoluti- in team.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
It's hilarious. But you have to have seen some amount of blaxpliotation films to get everything in the film. You should do that first if you haven't already.

Yeah, i can't express how important this statement is. I've watched this movie with a few friends and none of them got it. A few of them thought that it was serious and just poorly made.

Darth Martin
More great things. Lots of people say this is the funniest film of the '09 for them.

I've seen tons of clips and most of the trailers. So many classic moments in this piece.

Can't wait until Wed.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i can't express how important this statement is. I've watched this movie with a few friends and none of them got it. Cinema or home?

The Nuul
Ummmm this is a odd one for me. I loved seeing MJW in this becauses hes perfect for the role but I didnt feel the comedy, it felt rushed and didnt feel real.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by The Nuul
I didnt feel the comedy, it felt rushed. Do you mean forced? This is the impression I get from the trailers. That's the way the comedy in blaxpoitation is.

Ms.Marvel
i loved this movie!

but yeah you will not feel much of the humor unless youve seen blaxploitation films. its like kung pow in terms of throwbacks and satire.

WickedDynamite
Been wanting to see this homage to Blaxplotaion movies. May have to pick up the dvd one of these days.

KingD19
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i loved this movie!

but yeah you will not feel much of the humor unless youve seen blaxploitation films. its like kung pow in terms of throwbacks and satire.

I loved the part where Dynamite's friend was fighting that guy, and he hit him for real, then the screen blinked and it was a new guy.

SnakeEyes
Been wanting to see this for some time. Hopefully it'll be on Watch Instantly soon!

The Nuul
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka is one of the best of this genre because the comedy felt real and wasnt forced like in this film.

Tired-Hiker
I've seen quite a few blaxploitation films, enough to get what this movie is all about, which is why I don't care to see it. The previews are funny, yeah I get it, the sloppy edits, the quick zooms and pans, the super badass dialogue...I just don't care to sit through an hour and a half of that.

Ultraviolence
"Hah, I threw that one before I got in the room!"

KingD19
Originally posted by Ultraviolence
"Hah, I threw that one before I got in the room!"

One of the best parts of the movie.

Darth Martin
"You told him to keep an eye out."

Darth Martin
Got the film today. Not sure if I'll be able to view it tonight because the Lakers play tonight and I have to study.

K.Diddy
smokin' I seen this last night
This is a real hard movie to rate for me as I have to admit I have never got around to seeing any blaxploitation films,So I cant really comment much on what kind of tribute this movie paid to them,I did think this movie was really well filmed and the way it captured that ''Retro'' feel was fantastic,Black Dynamite was definitely a real memorable character and the fight scenes were done really well,I didn't however find this movie really as funny as I hoped I would,although it definitely did provide a couple of laughs here and there,My main problem was there was just simply not enough in the plot to ever hold my complete interest,but I still recommend any fan of blaxploitation movies or even anyone that would just like to get a good ''Retro'' feel from a movie to see this,Just about everything about this film was very well done but because it just simply lacked the whole time to get my 100 percent interest,I must give this movie a 7/10 although I really would of liked to be able to give it more.

Kaibs
Best Movie Ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.