Krauser v.s. Sam Fisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
K, this time I'm thinking Krauser has a chance.

It's a knife fight, not stealth, pure close quarters skill. Sam has shown some great skill, as has Krauser.

As before, they fight in Heck, before the Ruler of Insufficient Light, and loser suffers in Mildly Uncomfortable Heat for a Really Long Time.

Sin_Volvagia
I don't know much of Sam Fisher since I only played the first Splinter Cell but Krauser seems to have the advantage here.

Phantom Miria
If Krauser has an advantage based on Sam Fisher from the first game, given how Sam's character has developed since then, by the time of Conviction, he should slaughter him. I will be looking at a link of Krauser I was providen, but that is my current standpoint.

Phanteros
Is Sam superhuman?

ScreamPaste
He's pretty damn good.

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by Phanteros
Is Sam superhuman?

He is super enough.

Having watched the fight against Leon(?), I am pretty confident that Sam Fisher will take this. With a combination of his SEAL CQC training and his talents in Krav Maga, I can honestly see him beating Krauser red, white and blue.

Sam Fisher is faster and has to my understanding better combat technique. He also put pressure points to use and has taken out grown men in single punches and kicks and in split moments. Krauser may stand longer than any man Sam has fought, but from what I have seen, Sam will beat him down. It would just be a matter of time.

FinalAnswer
Krauser survived a large explosion and being buried under a few tons of rock, and was still capable of battle.

=l

Sam is not faster, Krauser can dodge bullets and has a dash similiar to what Wesker does (Much shorter range though)

If this is a straight up fight, Krauser wins 10/10. I dun't care how skilled Fisher is, Krauser would punch his head off.

ScreamPaste
Leon kept up with him pretty well.

Phantom Miria
Sam Fisher is effortlessly better than than Leon, who not only put up a fight, but injured Krauser. And Leon also did not have any pressure point martial art at hand.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
He is super enough.

Having watched the fight against Leon(?), I am pretty confident that Sam Fisher will take this. With a combination of his SEAL CQC training and his talents in Krav Maga, I can honestly see him beating Krauser red, white and blue.

Sam Fisher is faster and has to my understanding better combat technique. He also put pressure points to use and has taken out grown men in single punches and kicks and in split moments. Krauser may stand longer than any man Sam has fought, but from what I have seen, Sam will beat him down. It would just be a matter of time.

CQC? Krav Maga? I know enough of military close combat to know that Krauser is going down.

FinalAnswer
Sam Fisher is effortlessly better than than Leon, who not only put up a fight, but injured Krauser. And Leon also did not have any pressure point martial art at hand.

Leon also tapped into the PIStream and harnessed the power of bullshitting. Also, you talk as if Leon were a normal human.

=/

Sam will not have a chance to use any of his skill. Krauser would use his far superior strength and speed to punch his head off.

Ridley_Prime
Sam may be able to prolong his life, but it's not like he can escape his inevitable death, is it? 131

Sorry, had to say it.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Leon also tapped into the PIStream and harnessed the power of bullshitting. Also, you talk as if Leon were a normal human.

=/

Sam will not have a chance to use any of his skill. Krauser would use his far superior strength and speed to punch his head off.

Ada beat Krauser too. I don't remember PIS there.

Phantom Miria
No, I am not talking as if Leon is a normal human. I am talking as if a knife injured Krauser and Leon not using any techniques worth talking about, and how Sam Fisher is not only an adept Krav Maga artist, but a master of the martial art. If Leon with plain swings and jabs can injure Krauser, Sam Fisher will slaughter him.

xnZ0sfOiuIM

I have yet to see any speed worth talking about from Krauser, who in the video I watched seemed relatively slow. When it comes to having his head punched off, that is highly unlikely. With SEAL CQC and Krav Maga in his back pocket, Sam Fisher should not even break a sweat taking on a stronger opponent, I do not care if Krauser could lift an eighteen wheeler.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Is that canon though? I was under the impression that it wasn't.

FinalAnswer

An injured Krauser when she had knowledge beforehand on how to deal with him and his arm.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Is that canon though? I was under the impression that it wasn't.

Why wouldn't it be canon? It fits perfectly with the main story, you even see cutscenes from the main game.

FinalAnswer
No, I am not talking as if Leon is a normal human. I am talking as if a knife injured Krauser and Leon not using any techniques worth talking about, and how Sam Fisher is not only an adept Krav Maga artist, but a master of the martial art. If Leon with plain swings and jabs can injure Krauser, Sam Fisher will slaughter him.

xnZ0sfOiuIM

I have yet to see any speed worth talking about from Krauser, who in the video I watched seemed relatively slow. When it comes to having his head punched off, that is highly unlikely. With SEAL CQC and Krav Maga in his back pocket, Sam Fisher should not even break a sweat taking on a stronger opponent, I do not care if Krauser could lift an eighteen wheeler.

Leon is strong enough to cause a man's head to explode with a kick =l

Rampant PIS.

In the game, he can dodge bullets, as well as dash at Leon a la Wesker.

Tell me, has Fisher reacted to a bullet timer?

Sin_Volvagia

Rampant PIS.

Kick exploding a head? Gameplay laughing

Dodge Bullets? When?

FinalAnswer
Nah. It's not.

When you shoot at him?

Phantom Miria

Rampant PIS.

There are normal humans that can shatter stone with bare hands. Kick too, if you want to use something with more firepower. So he can explode heads with a kick. Good for him.

PIS. Funny how that word comes up every time someone has a showing that could put him higher. Just because he has lived through worse, does not mean having suffered damage from less is PIS.

Batman can dodge bullets too. Bullets shot from behind without him being prepared. The fact that Krauser can, does not impress me one bit.

Wesker dashes are not as impressive as the forum has made them out to be, sorry to say. Wesker move fast, but his attack speed is not even above peak human. You said Krauser was an inferior version of Wesker's speed? That makes him fightable. Besides, dodging bullets is an overhyped feat.

He has not fought a bullet timer. Has Krauser fought a Krav Maga master?

menokokoro
sam has no chance here,Krouser is way too strong and more experienced as far as actual combad...and plus his knife is a lot larger lol

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by menokokoro
sam has no chance here,Krouser is way too strong and more experienced as far as actual combad...and plus his knife is a lot larger lol

Strength only get you so far. Krav Maga (Like most martial arts) among other things is developed to best stronger and larger opponents through technique rather than physical fitness. As I said, Krauser could bench press eighteen wheelers and it would still not give him the edge. Krav Maga ultilize vulnerable points on your body and to apply force to pressure point, taking grown men down with a touch of your hand or foot.

As for experience, Sam Fisher has been in war since he was thirteen years old, and has been working for SEAL for twenty, until he TRADED UP and joined Third Echelon. Sam Fisher is a 53 year old man that has dedicated his life to killing people in mainly CQC.

He outskill elite soldiers, including Third Echelon troops as if they are fresh from diapers.

FinalAnswer
There are normal humans that can shatter stone with bare hands. Kick too, if you want to use something with more firepower. So he can explode heads with a kick. Good for him.

PIS. Funny how that word comes up every time someone has a showing that could put him higher. Just because he has lived through worse, does not mean having suffered damage from less is PIS.

Batman can dodge bullets too. Bullets shot from behind without him being prepared. The fact that Krauser can, does not impress me one bit.

Wesker dashes are not as impressive as the forum has made them out to be, sorry to say. Wesker move fast, but his attack speed is not even above peak human. You said Krauser was an inferior version of Wesker's speed? That makes him fightable. Besides, dodging bullets is an overhyped feat.

He has not fought a bullet timer. Has Krauser fought a Krav Maga master?

Never heard of that =l

Because Leon can totally deal with a guy who is strong enough to, while weakened, throw a metal bar through concrete, can dodge bullets, and can tank an explosion and be buried under tons of rock in close combat rite?

Batman is a physical God and would destroy Fisher even easier then Krauser would, so I dun't see your point.

k.

Nope =)

Phantom Miria
Never heard of that =l

Because Leon can totally deal with a guy who is strong enough to, while weakened, throw a metal bar through concrete, can dodge bullets, and can tank an explosion and be buried under tons of rock in close combat rite?

Batman is a physical God and would destroy Fisher even easier then Krauser would, so I dun't see your point.

k.

Nope =)

Explains why you think busting heads is so worth talking about for a supposed superhuman.

Obviously. He cut him.

My point is that Batman is a fictional normal human. Not superhuman. Not superspeed. The fact that Krauser can dodge bullets mean nothing. Absolutely nothing, and especially not in CQC, where an entirely different type of speed is applied.
Dodging bullets is one thing, small as they are and with their straight lines of fire, but dodging a swing or a kick is not necessarily easier. And yes, I am talking fiction here, because while a bullet is way faster, by seeing where a gun is pointing, you can rapidly and with utter ease predict the path of the bullet and dodge it.

-

Case closed. The concept of the question is the same. Sam has not fought what you believe is adequate to take him down, and Krauser has not fought what I believe is adequate to take him down.

FinalAnswer
Because I have never heard of IRL humans capable of busting heads?

Then I guess Leon's strikes = Massive explosions

Batman is not a "normal" human. He is the definition of peak human. Also, Fiction =/= IRL

Phantom Miria
You think heads are more durable than stone?

Just because he pulled a head explosion of, does not mean every strike he has is the equivalent of the force required to blow a head to smitherines. Especially not a glancing swing like he did with the knife.

Are you saying that RE and Krauser is IRL material, but Batman is not?

FinalAnswer
I concede as I dun't care enough about Krauser to continue =l

SpadeKing
I never really seen Sam with knife fighting skills though I'm sure he should have some, but his reflexes definately seem pretty above human norms now.

Atleast when it comes to his gunplay.

Pyron_Knight
Leon is far faster and more agile than Sam
8JBSYZCzUB8

Durability and toughess? Sam doesn't even come close.
cjc9QIXGftI

Krauser pwns Sam.

Demonic Phoenix
Sam can 'dodge bullets' too. He dodges Shetland's cheap-shot (pun intended) at him in what I think is the canon choice 313

SpadeKing
That laser feat is something I would have to say Fisher is capable of and I have no idea what that had to do with speed btw only agility.

Sam doesn't get pimp slapped like Leon.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by SpadeKing
That laser feat is something I would have to say Fisher is capable of and I have no idea what that had to do with speed btw only agility.

Sam doesn't get pimp slapped like Leon.

Frankly, the pimp slap that G mutant gave Leon would probably break Sam to pieces.

SpadeKing
Like I said though, Sam doesn't get pimp slapped. I don't think he has ever been hurt much in his games or novels.

ArtificialGlory
Like I said though, Sam doesn't get pimp slapped. I don't think he has ever been hurt much in his games or novels.

Sam doesn't fight BOWs though.

SpadeKing
Sam is better trained than all the S.T.A.R.S. as far as I remember none of them have any militant background or spent as much time in S.T.A.R.S. as Sam did in the Seals alone.

At least Chris joined the Air Force first, unless Wesker did something other than be a scientist, Chris probably had the most combat experience/training coming into the force.

and yet the small step from the police force survives the BOWs, most of them never had any sort of police training at the least, they just studied something special at college that that the S.T.A.R.S. could use.

ArtificialGlory
I don't think Leon was ever even a member of S.T.A.R.S., but look at the stuff he pulls off.

SpadeKing
He never even got to be a real member of the police squad, the first day and most of the department is (un)dead.

Thats why I'm saying that Fisher should be able to do the same considering he has to use his agility and speed more often than Leon (lets face it, slow zombies and bugbrainedwashed villagers aren't necessary to run from) and the more well armed opponents Fisher faces, he doesn't make mistakes or get caught by suprise so he can have a durability test on what kind of punishment he can take.

But anyway its a knife fight. Like I said I never really seen him use his knife skills, but he has deadly CQC skills.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I don't think Leon was ever even a member of S.T.A.R.S., but look at the stuff he pulls off.

Leon was a member of the force that was to replace S.T.A.R.S., which was a step up from SWAT

Sin_Volvagia
Nah. It's not.

When you shoot at him?

Leon can shoot himself?

FinalAnswer
Leon can shoot himself?

Not in the game =l

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Leon is far faster and more agile than Sam
8JBSYZCzUB8

Durability and toughess? Sam doesn't even come close.
cjc9QIXGftI

Krauser pwns Sam.

Who cares how fast Leon is? This is Krauser we are talking about, and besides, Leon could hurt Kraused with only a fraction of that speed and agility. Sam Fisher does not need to be as fast or faster, only faster and better than Leon displayed in the fight, which he is by a landslide. Besides, none of the agility Leon displayed there is of any real use in a fight. It is a mute point that Leon did what he did there. As for faster, that did not put him above Sam.

Durability and toughness? How is that relevant? I can not see a single reason how Leon's durability and toughness is relevant. But Sam did for a fact endure extensive torture only to suddenly make his move, shock his capturers with his vigor and start kicking ass. Point however, as mute as yours. Just a cool fact, not really relevant.

But to get this straight: Your estimation of the fight is that because Leon can do things he had no use of in a CQC fight, some things better than Sam, Sam is chanceless against Krauser whom Leon injured with a glancing slash of the knife while displaying terrible speed and talent, barely any technique at all?

He never even got to be a real member of the police squad, the first day and most of the department is (un)dead.

Thats why I'm saying that Fisher should be able to do the same considering he has to use his agility and speed more often than Leon (lets face it, slow zombies and bugbrainedwashed villagers aren't necessary to run from) and the more well armed opponents Fisher faces, he doesn't make mistakes or get caught by suprise so he can have a durability test on what kind of punishment he can take.

But anyway its a knife fight. Like I said I never really seen him use his knife skills, but he has deadly CQC skills.

0:40 is to my knowledge the only out of two knife moves we have seen Sam use in cinematics. The other one is from when Sam slit that other Third Echelon's throat.

i6E2D11n-qQ

Leon was a member of the force that was to replace S.T.A.R.S., which was a step up from SWAT

Step up from SWAT does not make his fighting style any better. He sucked at it. In terms of CQC, Sam slaughters Leon. To my understanding, Sam spent more time in SEAL alone than Leon did with his combat training and even work all-together. Sam can pull the experience, talent and Krav Maga cards on Leon and, yes, Krauser.

Neither have shown any actual CQC mastery. In the fight I saw, while symmetric and cool, involved very little actual technique.

FinalAnswer
Step up from SWAT does not make his fighting style any better. He sucked at it. In terms of CQC, Sam slaughters Leon. To my understanding, Sam spent more time in SEAL alone than Leon did with his combat training and even work all-together. Sam can pull the experience, talent and Krav Maga cards on Leon and, yes, Krauser.

To clarify, Leon as of RE4 was a government agent hired to protect the President of the USA's family, and went through about 6 years of training to get the job.

Phantom Miria
To clarify, Leon as of RE4 was a government agent hired to protect the President of the USA's family, and went through about 6 years of training to get the job.

Funny note: Sam Fisher began his training at 13. He's 56 or so now. 20 of his years was in SEAL. 14 I think was in Third Echelon.

Ms.Marvel
mira for the win!

sam is boss yes

Sin_Volvagia
I'm calling it BS if Leon can beat Sam Fisher.

CQC >>> Fighting style composed entirely of kicks and a suplex.

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
mira for the win!

sam is boss yes

He really is.

I'm calling it BS if Leon can beat Sam Fisher.

CQC >>> Fighting style composed entirely of kicks and a suplex.

Indeed.

FinalAnswer
Fighting style composed entirely of kicks and a suplex.

haermm

SpadeKing

Basically everyone who survived Racoon city got a good militant job.

FinalAnswer
Except Rebecca and Barry >.>

Phantom Miria
haermm

There is little to no technique in their fight.

FinalAnswer
Don't get me wrong, Sam's skill > Leon and Krauser's skill

But they dun't just have kicking techniques for fighting (Krauser himself was a seasoned SOCOM vet)

Phantom Miria
Not saying they do not have technique. Saying they had no proper technique when they fought eachother.

ScreamPaste
To be fair, not every gaming company will research actual martial arts when most gamers can't tell the difference, and just making something look cool is just as good, if not actually better most of the time. As far as the fans are concerned, anyway. (See Final Fantasy for an extreme example.)

The effort would be wasted on the fans in most cases, sadly.

LLLLLink
The skill Sam has is great and all, but does Sam have any feats like kicking someone's head off?

...And Krauser beat Leon in that knife fight cutscene.

FinalAnswer
He cut him though.

Not that it caused any real damage.

LLLLLink
Does Krauser get his uber-arm?

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by LLLLLink
The skill Sam has is great and all, but does Sam have any feats like kicking someone's head off?

...And Krauser beat Leon in that knife fight cutscene.

He has no such feats.

A fight in which neither was at all impressive.

He cut him though.

Not that it caused any real damage.

It was a cut. He bled. This equals him penetrating the skin, which equal Krauser being vulnerable to sharp weaponry such as knives, which is the main weapon of this fight.

Sam mastering Krav Maga, and Krauser being fairly poorly talented at CQC in comparison equals an edge for Sam.

LLLLLink
Actually, Leon is very skilled with a knife, seeing how he was able to pin Salazar's hand to the wall from across the room or how he cut the rope holding Ada from a good distance.

Those knives they were using in that knife fight were so strong and sharp that merely dropping one caused the blade to penetrate the steel flooring that they were fighting on. no expression

Krav Maga is decent, but does Sam possess the speed to get a hit?

Phantom Miria
Leon is not the topic here, though. If he is skilled or not is irrelevant, since he displayed little to no skills during his fight with Krauser. Krauser is the opponent and was hit by a pathetic display by Leon.

It was still a glancing hit that cut Krauser. The extent of strength and sharpness of the knife is of lesser importance at that point.

From what I have seen, Leon is not one bit faster than Sam and Krauser never cut him. Sam is a more talented martial artist and has more combat training than Leon. He also has more experience and knows vulnerable points on a human body. He has advantages that Leon does not, and Leon gave Krauser a sweat in a knife-fight.

LLLLLink

It was still a glancing hit that cut Krauser. The extent of strength and sharpness of the knife is of lesser importance at that point.

frusty

Phantom Miria
You might have misinterpreted me. Explain the head against the brick wall.

LLLLLink
If a blade is dull, it requires more strength to make a cut. If it is sharp, it requires much less strength.

The sharpness and strength cant both be "of lesser importance", only one can at a time. I stated that the knives were super-sharp, which could be the reason why it cut Krauser.

Phantom Miria
You said strong and sharp. So I replied accordingly.

LLLLLink
You said strong and sharp. So I replied accordingly.

Leon is strong, and the knives were sharp and durable.

Phantom Miria
How strong?

LLLLLink
How strong?

"Kick/Elbow your head off of your shoulders" strong, or "I killed El Gigante" strong. Did you mean the knives?

Phantom Miria
Two questions:

1. Who did Leon kick the head off?

2. A normal human being can kick at a force of 1500 lbs, strong enough to smash a bone out of its socket. How much above peak do you think a character has to be to kick of a head, which is placed on one of the most frail sockets on the human body.

LLLLLink
Two questions:

1. Who did Leon kick the head off?

2. A normal human being can kick at a force of 1500 lbs, strong enough to smash a bone out of its socket. How much above peak do you think a character has to be to kick of a head, which is placed on one of the most frail sockets on the human body.

1. Any of the Ganado.

2. One of the most frail sockets, but one of the strongest muscles. Breaking someone's neck is no feat, but tearing the head off is pretty amazing.

Phantom Miria
1. The Ganado's were exposed to the Las Plagas parasite, were they not? Seemingly, the Las Plagas parasite turned them into a variation of zombies, but less durable than other zombies, who has reduced muscle exert and are less durable than humans.

2. Strong enough to oppose a 1500 lbs kick?

FinalAnswer
1. The Ganado's were exposed to the Las Plagas parasite, were they not? Seemingly, the Las Plagas parasite turned them into a variation of zombies, but less durable than other zombies, who has reduced muscle exert and are less durable than humans.

Lies.

Leon had Las Plagas. He did not have weak durability.

Also Las Plagas has nothing in common with the T-Virus (Zombie virus). Ganados/Majini =/= Zombies

Sin_Volvagia
Lies.

Leon had Las Plagas. He did not have weak durability.

Also Las Plagas has nothing in common with the T-Virus (Zombie virus). Ganados/Majini =/= Zombies

Leon's Las Plagas weren't even in full effect. Otherwise, he'd be in zombie-like trance.

FinalAnswer
He was in a zombie like trance =|

Sin_Volvagia
He was in a zombie like trance =|

For a few seconds before Ada stabbed him and got him back to his senses. Then, he took some capsules to suppress the parasites.

FinalAnswer
Nah ah

He has the same healing factor all the other Plagas gais have.

Krauser healed his chest wound by the time Leon confronted him again, Salazar healed his hand stab, Leon healed his cut on his cheek.

Sin_Volvagia
Nah ah

He has the same healing factor all the other Plagas gais have.

Krauser healed his chest wound by the time Leon confronted him again, Salazar healed his hand stab, Leon healed his cut on his cheek.

Leon has the same scar throughout the entire game.

Ms.Marvel
playing the demo for conviction right now.

sam is way moar awesome >\

FinalAnswer
Leon has the same scar throughout the entire game.

Leon's cut scabbed over and healed faster then normal, as did Krauser's cut.

EDIT:

Wait, did you actually say Leon had the same cut at the beginning?

Sin_Volvagia
Leon's cut scabbed over and healed faster then normal, as did Krauser's cut.

I doubt the cut was that deep. I had a cut in my wrist from a metallic wire and it healed fast (plus left a scar).

FinalAnswer
I doubt the cut was that deep. I had a cut in my wrist from a metallic wire and it healed fast (plus left a scar).

Did it heal in like an hour? =|

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
playing the demo for conviction right now.

sam is way moar awesome >\

Michael Ironside makes him awesome uhuh

Sin_Volvagia
Did it heal in like an hour? =|

Less than half an hour.

FinalAnswer
Show scans or it didn't happen.

Sin_Volvagia
Show scans or it didn't happen.

I have no scanner and I only have a scar to show.

FinalAnswer
Then you sit on a throne of lies.

LIES uhuh

Sin_Volvagia
Then you sit on a throne of lies.

LIES uhuh

Go ahead and think that way.

LLLLLink
Krauser still wins this.

Phantom Miria
Now to back that up. So far you have not.

Ms.Marvel
mira have you gotten a chance to play the demo for conviction?

Phantom Miria
Afraid not. Seen a lot of photage though. It sure is awesome.

LLLLLink
Now to back that up. So far you have not.

Krauser uses his uber arm to tear Sam in half.

Does Sam have any defense?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Krauser uses his uber arm to tear Sam in half.

Does Sam have any defense? This is a straight knife fight. No uber arm.

LLLLLink
Well, that sucks, because he can be knifing in one hand and uber-arming with the other. But, whatever you say.

Anybody have any vids of Sam in a knife fight?

Phantom Miria
0:40 is to my knowledge the only out of two knife moves we have seen Sam use in cinematics. The other one is from when Sam slit that other Third Echelon's throat.

i6E2D11n-qQ

And 4:45 in this one:

9K-fAqD7z4Y

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.