samus joins the u.n.s.c. .........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wammamram
samus lays down to take a nap..... then she wakes up in the middle of a full-scale war between the u.n.s.c and the covenant. samus notices something different about her costume. Her arm cannon has been replaced with a spartan laser (which is on her back), she has an assualt rifle, and a halo 1 pistol. she also has the mini-nuke spartans have.( she also gets plasma nides) she is now in a spartan sui.( but she keeps the helmet because it's cool smile ) will she and the other soldiers defeat the covenant, or will she die a cold hard death?

The Scenario
Samus would solo the Covenant.

wammamram
hmmm......confused not sure about the solo part.... but anyway she could probally do it with the u.n.s.c................dance

The Scenario
In her own suit Samus would utterly annihilate any and all traces of the Covenant that ever existed or will exist. In the Spartan suit, I'm less sure, but the thing has a Spartan Laser on the arm, which I think wins by definition.

But really, is that stuff all Samus has? Not even any of her own stuff, besides the visors. Anyway, she's much more acrobatic than any Spartan; much faster, too. I'd be willing to go as far as saying she's stronger, as well.

The Covenant thought they had it bad against The Demon. Well, they're up against The Hunter now. Stealth would be pretty much useless against Samus' visors, and that Spartan Laser takes care of almost everything else.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by The Scenario
In her own suit Samus would utterly annihilate any and all traces of the Covenant that ever existed or will exist.

Even their ships? sly

The Scenario
Yes.

Sin_Volvagia

But really, is that stuff all Samus has? Not even any of her own stuff, besides the visors. Anyway, she's much more acrobatic than any Spartan; much faster, too. I'd be willing to go as far as saying she's stronger, as well.

She is much faster and agile but stronger? Spartans can easily rip a human's arm off if they were to do a normal handshake. Master Chief made an armored elite's head cave in with his fist. Master Chief took down a couple of Covenant using just CQC and without his armor.

Cyner
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
She is much faster and agile but stronger? Spartans can easily rip a human's arm off if they were to do a normal handshake. Master Chief made an armored elite's head cave in with his fist. Master Chief took down a couple of Covenant using just CQC and without his armor.

Stronger and more durable, by 10 yrs old Samus without her suit was doing things that would make full grown armored Spartans jealous.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Cyner
Stronger and more durable, by 10 yrs old Samus without her suit was doing things that would make full grown armored Spartans jealous.

Like? cause I never read any of her comics

Ms.Marvel
samus could not solo the covenant.

she could win if put in the chiefs shoes though.

i think without her suit and weapons shes going down though.

The Scenario
At the age of ~5, Samus could, without the suit, jump off of a cliff, land unharmed, and leave a crater in the ground. Around 11, she could punch through a robot that was immune to plasma (in the suit). Without the suit, she could jump maybe 30-40 feet. In Metroid Prime 3, she held open Ridley's jaws, while shooting down his throat. Ridley's jaws can crush starship armor. Again in MP3, she routinely uses the grapple beam to rip creatures apart, tear armor and shields off of opponents, pull locks off of hatches, etc.

I don't have any concrete numbers, but Samus is pretty darn strong.

Ms.Marvel
and thats... nice, but nothing short of the ability to destroy planets would be enough to pose even a minute threat to the entire covenant army/navy which numbers in the hundreds of billions.

Cyner
Without the suit, she could jump maybe 30-40 feet.

I'm pretty sure it was more than that, reread metroid manga where she was cliff top hopping with no armor augmentation.

Edit:
@Ms. Marvel

I'm decently sure that the Omega Cannon would constitute such a weapon

The Scenario
It was a response to Sin and Spadeking. They asked for strength feats, and I supplied them.

But as for this specific battle, no, Halo weaponry is too weak for Samus to do what she would in her own suit. She wouldn't be soloing with stuff given in the OP, but with the the U.N.S.C behind her, she'd do much better than anything the Chief could have hoped for.

NemeBro
With her suit, she could not even solo.

Covenant fleets glass planets.

By no stretch of the imagination can Samus solo.

Ms.Marvel
sorry scenario!

use quotes dangit! >\

cyner: i dont think so. the beam moves too slow and and its destruction radius is too small i think. the covenant have larger and more powerful weaponry.

The Scenario
No, she really could. Given her ship and a fully powered suit, Samus could solo the whole damn Covenant. Metroid's power level is so far beyond Halo's that it's not even funny.

Cyner
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
sorry scenario!

use quotes dangit! >\

cyner: i dont think so. the beam moves too slow and and its destruction radius is too small i think. the covenant have larger and more powerful weaponry.

When I get home I'll write you guys an essay on why Samus could solo a covenant fleet and why the Omega Cannon is that powerful. Unless Scenario wants to do it. Closing up shop at work...

Ms.Marvel
No, she really could. Given her ship and a fully powered suit, Samus could solo the whole damn Covenant. Metroid's power level is so far beyond Halo's that it's not even funny.

i dont think she could take on even half of it TBH with her ship. much less in her suit

what are her ships feats?

edit -i dont think metroid tech is far superior either. some of things halo tech can do in the novels is ridiclous; time manipulation, opening up pocket dimensions, etc.

NemeBro
Isn't there a UNSC weapon that can fire a shot that has some ridiculous level of power in watts?

ScreamPaste
Nah, that's the basic Metroid weapon. Volt driver, I think it was.

Ms.Marvel
the MAC gun is pretty impressive- i dont remember what the exact power is.

edit- found it

The Scenario
Samus' ship can move 72 times lightspeed, with using the warp drive, for one. It's taken a blast of interdimensionsal lightning, and hits from a Cyborg that breaks phazite with ease. Its missiles can destroy Maldium easily, despite the fact that it's considered indestructible by the rest of the universe.

One of the most basic of Metroid weapons (Screampaste got it) is the Volt Driver, a weapon capable of drawing from the planet's electromagnetic field. Its output is meaured in terawatts (ten trillion watts), which is also the unit to measure how much electricity the typical country uses. A single shot of the thing could power the United States for a year. This is considered rather weak.

Don't think that's the only one, either. The Battlehammer, for example, is powered by a nuclear reactor and fires nukes like a machinegun. The Judicator is another nuclear weapon, but uses fusion and reaches near Absolute Zero. The Magmaul, hydrogen fission, and fires superheated magma.
This is universe where Space Pirates wear armor that would be used for starships and vehicles nearly anywhere else (I believe the term was "ablative"wink. They have ships that can open Black Holes on a whim, and casually rip holes in space.

I still believe Metroid can at least compete with 40K.

NemeBro
I was never arguing Metroid is weaker than Halo.

Only that Samus cannot solo it.

The Scenario
Yet she has firepower and durability on par with a Covenant ship. And her ship is better than that and is much faster.

But that's not this topic, is it? Samus, with the equipment given in the OP, could not solo the Covenant, but would still win the war.

Ms.Marvel
Samus' ship can move 72 times lightspeed, with using the warp drive, for one.

which is irrelevant unless she can fight in this mode as well ( she cant) so have covenant ships

hearsay as well as a logical fallacy.

energy consumption =\= damage potential.

i wish people would stop doing this. "nuclear" is an indication of energy, not of destructive potential. simply being powered by nuclear energy is not an indication of its lethality.
and if you want nuclear weapons the covenant and the unsc has both got them in spades.

show me.

regardless none of this is overtly impressive. as i stated earlier technology in halo can wipe out all life in a galaxy, can rip holes in dimensions, travel through them, create pocket dimensions, manipulate time by extension, create planets, etc. a single round from a super mac gun has more destructive potential than the entire combined nuclear arsenal of modern day earth. and for the record i have played all of the metroid games... i know what the weapons are and how they work, which is why i know that theyre not superior. on paper and in the datalogs the guns all sound very impressive but if the damage potential of these weapons were nearly as powerful as they sound then the game would be much more different- enemies would be getting launched back thousands of feet from the kinetic energy generated by them, samus herself would be blown back, etc. none of that ever happens though.

edit- also you never provided actual feats from her ship itself, aside from its warp travel.

Sin_Volvagia
At the age of ~5, Samus could, without the suit, jump off of a cliff, land unharmed, and leave a crater in the ground. Around 11, she could punch through a robot that was immune to plasma (in the suit). Without the suit, she could jump maybe 30-40 feet. In Metroid Prime 3, she held open Ridley's jaws, while shooting down his throat. Ridley's jaws can crush starship armor. Again in MP3, she routinely uses the grapple beam to rip creatures apart, tear armor and shields off of opponents, pull locks off of hatches, etc.

I don't have any concrete numbers, but Samus is pretty darn strong.

I wanted strength feats without the armor. sad

The Scenario
http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000606/000039341/03.jpg

No, it lets her move much faster than, and outmaneuver the Covenant. They can't catch her.

But it should be a pretty good indicator. Maybe you'd be right for the most part, if it wasn't stated to actually fire that amount.

It is quite a bit of energy, however. I'm not where the rest of it would go, if it wasn't being used or vented somewhere.
How many of the Covenant's nuclear weapons are basically rifles?

I see. You're using Forerunner stuff, while I've been sticking to the low-mid tier Metroid weapons.

I could make a gameplay argument here, but I suppose it wouldn't solve much. Suffice to say, cutscenes tend to be more powerful in Metroid. Take the Power Beam, for instance. Weakest weapon by far, and doesn't even faze enemies. In cutscenes, it'll kill a Space Pirate in one shot, and fling the body 20 feet back. The jumpball goes up maybe two feet, but in a cutscene, it'll blast upwards of 100. Elite Pirates can punch through forcefields Samus can't even scratch, and a Commander can backhand Samus across a room. None of this seems to happen, either, so until the weapons are used the scans are best we have.

That five year old jumping off a cliff was done without the armor, at least.

Ridley_Prime
She got none. 131

SpadeKing

If she is still on that planet when they start the glassing she is done, she would need back up against the covenant to at the least keep their fleet busy.

The Scenario
Samus has been hit with ship based weapons before.

http://www.onemanga.com/Metroid/7/14/
http://www.onemanga.com/Metroid/2/11/

There aren't many non-armor strength feats.

ScreamPaste
As a sidenote of no relevance, Samus would be the hottest person in the U.N.S.C.

NemeBro
Only if Cortana does not count as being part of the UNSC sir.

ScreamPaste
Samus > Cortana

NemeBro
Yeah no.

Samus is just your generic blond *****.

Cortana is far superior in the looks department.

ScreamPaste
Nah, Samus is modest in the chest, athletic, and could kick your ass. Cortana's a computer.

NemeBro
A smoking hot computer.

I have something to upload for you, baby.

wammamram
Yet she has firepower and durability on par with a Covenant ship. And her ship is better than that and is much faster.

But that's not this topic, is it? Samus, with the equipment given in the OP, could not solo the Covenant, but would still win the war.

well that fact is kinda pointless since i never mentioned the ship..... Happy Dance

SpadeKing
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
As a sidenote of no relevance, Samus would be the hottest person in the U.N.S.C.

I bet underneath Chief's helmet is looks that would make Brad Pitt fantasize about and Angelina Jolie want to make a movie with... or a hill billy

NemeBro
He is apparently pale and bald.

no expression

SpadeKing
That could be a turn on haermm

I want explanations on the one spartan with the rasta dreads, whatever happened to military regulations? no expression

ScreamPaste
As someone who is fairly pale, and generally hairless (minus the important bits.) I resent the pale and bald = negative connotation.

I have hair on my head though. Still. for my bald brethren!

/Derail

NemeBro
When I say pale.

I mean as in his face has never seen the ****ing sun.

Darth Sidious pale.

ScreamPaste
I've never been quite that pale. Still. My albino brethren!

NemeBro
He also apparently looks "tired."

wammamram
yeah he probally would be considering he is the leader of the biggest human army......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.