Flying Juggernaut Runs Team Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WhiteWitchKing
Kinda tired of old thread topics so how would a flying Juggernaut do against the following teams. Cain gets Superman level flight and speed.

No BFR.

1. Magneto, Sebastian Shaw, Exodus
2. Beta Ray Bill, Kyle, Nova
3. Hal, Atrocitus, Sinestro
4. Thor, Superman, Orion
5. Nate Grey & Genis-Vell

Does he clear this gauntlet?

Knowsbleed33
Stops at 5 due to TP.

Q99
Lose, win, win, win, lose.

Some of these teams lack telepaths.

Knowsbleed33
How does he lose to team 1?

Q99
Magneto rips helmet off, Exodus mind-fries him. Straitforward win.

Knowsbleed33
He can move faster than they think. I only gave team 5 the edge because Nate is a much, much more powerful psi.

JakeTheBank
The Lanterns might be able to win. If they pry off the helmet, they can use their rings to mess with his mind, as they've been shown to grant telepathic like abilities.

Doctor-Alvis
For some reason this thread angers me greatly.

It's like you're shuffling around Superman's weaknesses and strengths. He doesn't have the exploitable energy weakness, but he's dumber. He's got a more sound telepathic defense with the helmet on but without it he's weaker against it. He doesn't have projectile attacks anymore but he knocked giant green boots with She-Hulk.

Q99
Between Magneto's magnetism and Exodus's TK, they can hold him off long enough to take the helmet off, which isn't going to take them long either, and Exodus is plenty strong enough to KO him pretty much immediately.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The Lanterns might be able to win. If they pry off the helmet, they can use their rings to mess with his mind, as they've been shown to grant telepathic like abilities.

Normally when they do it, it requires a lot of concentration though, it's not a casual thing to pull off mid-battle.

Also unlike Exodus and Magneto, they only have common knowledge of him.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99
Normally when they do it, it requires a lot of concentration though, it's not a casual thing to pull off mid-battle.

This is a good point.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Q99
Between Magneto's magnetism and Exodus's TK, they can hold him off long enough to take the helmet off, which isn't going to take them long either, and Exodus is plenty strong enough to KO him pretty much immediately.

Magneto and Exodus know as much about Juggernaut as the GL's would. They've never met him in a canon story.

Also, there's no way of knowing whether or not magnetism will even work on Juggernauts enchanted armor.

Q99
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Magneto and Exodus know as much about Juggernaut as the GL's would. They've never met him in a canon story.

And Magneto never heard about him in any of his times on the X-men?

He's probably faced a danger room version at the least.

It's enchanted but it's still metal. There's Exodus's TK too, more than strong enough.

JakeTheBank
That's pretty crazy Magneto and Juggernaut have never met each other canon wise.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Q99
And Magneto never heard about him in any of his times on the X-men?

He's probably faced a danger room version at the least.

He's probably heard of him, so that puts him one up on the GL's. He's knows Juggernauts name and they don't.

TK has never worked.

h1a8
With Superman's speed he clears it.

Q99
Also Magneto is friends with Charles Xavier and likely knows the whole story for him, including how the gem was found... and I think Mags was with the X-men, albeit a different branch, when Juggernaut was good.

Gecko4lif
Lightning took off juggs helmet why wouldnt tk work?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Lightning took off juggs helmet why wouldnt tk work?

What?

Original Smurph
Jean lifted him in the air with TK, didn't she?

He didn't stop moving, but he was lifted, with no mention of anti-TK qualities of the armor, IIRC.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
What?
Storm has blasted off his helmet before so prof x could do his thing

manx422
Orion solos

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Q99
It's enchanted but it's still metal. Do you actualy believe Magneto could Stop his Normal walking momentum?..let alone a SuperSpeed Momentum... confused

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
For some reason this thread angers me greatly.
SHUT UP.... mad

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by nicamarvin
SHUT UP.... mad
These kinds of posts serve no function and aren't funny.

nicamarvin
These kinds of posts serve no function and aren't funny. SHUT UP.......... mad

SoulDevourer
IMO same result as non-flying Juggernaut running same gauntlet eek!

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Q99
Also Magneto is friends with Charles Xavier and likely knows the whole story for him, including how the gem was found... and I think Mags was with the X-men, albeit a different branch, when Juggernaut was good.

Chuck and Magneto aren't bosom buddies. There's nothing to suggest they sat around and Chuck told Magneto all about the Juggernaut.

You're grasping at straws.

Doctor-Alvis
I still think Juggernaut's look itself gives a huge hint at his weakness.

Knowsbleed33
Ummm how, the helmet? It's not like guy's who routinely smash through stuff head first wear helmets, right?

Doctor-Alvis
Ummm how, the helmet? It's not like guy's who routinely smash through stuff head first wear helmets, right?
Why do they wear helmets? For safety. The most obvious conclusion, which is his head is a physical weak spot, would be wrong, but the way his costume is designed I think would make people want to take off his helmet more which is a liability if a telepath, or anyone who can manipulate the head region, is present.

nicamarvin
anyone who can manipulate the head region Do you want to manipulate my head region... confused

Knowsbleed33
Why do they wear helmets? For safety. The most obvious conclusion, which is his head is a physical weak spot, would be wrong, but the way his costume is designed I think would make people want to take off his helmet more which is a liability if a telepath, or anyone who can manipulate the head region, is present.

So people who want to shield themselves from TP wear big, huge helmets, not the smaller ones like his skullcap or Magnetos helmet?

Doctor-Alvis
So people who want to shield themselves from TP wear big, huge helmets, not the smaller ones like his skullcap or Magnetos helmet?
Some would I suppose. That's not my point though.

Knowsbleed33
Some would I suppose. That's not my point though.

It's my point. You're position is that people are going to assume he has that big helmet on for psi protection. I'm trying to figure out why you think it's that obvious?

nicamarvin
Some would I suppose. That's not my point though. SHUT UP........... mad

Doctor-Alvis
It's my point. You're position is that people are going to assume he has that big helmet on for psi protection. I'm trying to figure out why you think it's that obvious?
No, my're position was that it looks like he's wearing the helmet for safety purposes. His head looks highly protected yet he's bare armed and wearing what looks like spandex. It would be easy to assume his head is physically weak, which would be wrong, but because it's easy to make that assumption people would be on the right track targeting the helmet but for the wrong reasons. Are you catching my drift? Of course if you don't have the right tools it doesn't help anyway.

Though, I guess if you are a seasoned telepath and you're fighting a helmeted enemy that you can't touch mentally it'd be pretty obvious what's in your way.

Knowsbleed33
The physical protection thing was my argument. He smashes through stuff head first, he wears a helmet. That's the connection people will make.

Plus, it's styled to suit the character. Think about the name and then look at his suit, it fits the name Juggernaut. Character suits aren't always functional. I mean, it's not like Spidey's mask offers psi protection right? It's to hide his identity. People might make the same assumption with Cain and pay the helmet no mind.

Doctor-Alvis
They might. Spidey doesn't have such a big contrast in his suit though. Juggernaut's a giant man wearing a spandex tank top and tearing through everything with his bare hands but has a heavily shielded head. Maybe I'm too analytical about these things, but if I was facing someone like that I'd be suspicious. What is he hiding?

Mindset
They might. Spidey doesn't have such a big contrast in his suit though. Juggernaut's a giant man wearing a spandex tank top and tearing through everything with his bare hands but has a heavily shielded head. Maybe I'm too analytical about these things, but if I was facing someone like that I'd be suspicious. What is he hiding? He also has body armor.

That shit around his hands.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindset
He also has body armor.

That shit around his hands.

They're not shit.

Mindset
It looks like it.

Knowsbleed33
They might. Spidey doesn't have such a big contrast in his suit though. Juggernaut's a giant man wearing a spandex tank top and tearing through everything with his bare hands but has a heavily shielded head. Maybe I'm too analytical about these things, but if I was facing someone like that I'd be suspicious. What is he hiding?

When you look at Juggernaut you see a guy just wearing some clothes, but he also has a huge helmet on? So your position is that people are going to pick the helmet out as something significant right off the bat?

It's not like the helmet doesn't match the rest of his outfit right, not like Spidey's mask matches his?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindset
It looks like it.

They're gauntlets, or bracers or some shit.

Mindset
They're not shit. Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
They're ---- some shit.
^

Doctor-Alvis
When you look at Juggernaut you see a guy just wearing some clothes, but he also has a huge helmet on? So your position is that people are going to pick the helmet out as something significant right off the bat?

It's not like the helmet doesn't match the rest of his outfit right, not like Spidey's mask matches his?
Like I said, perhaps I'm too analytical about it. Heavy head protection, light body protection.

Ptr_Grifin
This is a what if scenario. A Juggernaut and Magneto have met before in a What If comic. Magneto could not affect The Juggernauts armor. If he could in this fight, whats to say his helmet could be ripped through(outward) his shield? The shield prevents things from touching him, so could it prevent things from leaving his person?

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
This is a what if scenario. A Juggernaut and Magneto have met before in a What If comic. Magneto could not affect The Juggernauts armor. If he could in this fight, whats to say his helmet could be ripped through(outward) his shield? The shield prevents things from touching him, so could it prevent things from leaving his person?
What would he do if he was surrounded by a shield the whole time?

Ptr_Grifin
What would he do if he was surrounded by a shield the whole time?

Believe it or not, Juggernaut can still move and throw punches while his shield is activated. It almost makes him an immovable object.

Doctor-Alvis
Believe it or not, Juggernaut can still move and throw punches while his shield is activated. It almost makes him an immovable object.
The characters are all bleeding together. I was thinking of a big ol' Magneto-style dome shield.

Ptr_Grifin
Then it would be like in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Juggernaut just runs around in a giant hamster ball really fast.

Doctor-Alvis
That game was so fun. I applaud its use of bumper cars.

Wei Phoenix
That game had watermelon in Wakanda...the only visible fruit.

Knowsbleed33

Pete brings up a good point. In the What If where Xavier got the power of Juggernaut instead of Cain, Mags tried to crush Xaviernauts head inside his helmet and it had absolutely no affect.

Doctor-Alvis
The other fruits were probably so advanced that they couldn't be seen by the naked eye. Also - hahaha, really?

Wei Phoenix
The other fruits were probably so advanced that they couldn't be seen by the naked eye. Also - hahaha, really?

Yeah dead serious, I'm black but I couldn't help but laugh. I know Delph save a pic and put it on Photobucket, I'll try to find it and post it.

Ptr_Grifin

Ha, I was in that game with you. I think I tried to throw the watermelon at our enemies for massive hit points. But there were other fruits in that level. Can't remember what they were though.

Q99
Pete brings up a good point. In the What If where Xavier got the power of Juggernaut instead of Cain, Mags tried to crush Xaviernauts head inside his helmet and it had absolutely no affect.

That's because crushing the Juggernaut doesn't work. Opening him up for a tremendously powerful psychic by merely removing it, on the other hand, does.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by Q99
That's because crushing the Juggernaut doesn't work. Opening him up for a tremendously powerful psychic by merely removing it, on the other hand, does.

The thing about that part is that the helmet didn't crush around Xaviers head. It didn't change shape at all. He couldn't affect it.

nicamarvin
The thing about that part is that the helmet didn't crush around Xaviers head. It didn't change shape at all. He couldn't affect it.

These kinds of posts serve no function and aren't funny.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Q99
That's because crushing the Juggernaut doesn't work. Opening him up for a tremendously powerful psychic by merely removing it, on the other hand, does. Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin

well, what ifs are not cannon and the 616 helmet can still be ripped with tk and energy blasts such as lightning apparently. As paranoid strategists and would be world conquerors I think it's safe to assume Exodus and Magneto are up to date on their info on relevant superhumans, particularly the ones connected to themselves or the x-men. chuck and mags are too bosom buddies and have likely shared lots of stories about their lifes.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by 753
well, what ifs are not cannon and the 616 helmet can still be ripped with tk and energy blasts such as lightning apparently. As paranoid strategists and would be world conquerors I think it's safe to assume Exodus and Magneto are up to date on their info on relevant superhumans, particularly the ones connected to themselves or the x-men. chuck and mags are too bosom buddies and have likely shared lots of stories about their lifes.

His helmet has never been removed via TK, so how do you know it can?

His helmet has never been removed via TK, so how do you know it can?

cause it makes sense as it is physical force applied to the thing which is not indestructible and can be pulled off by force

Knowsbleed33
Except there's no precedent. Jean used TK on him in the past, and look where that got her.

Doctor-Alvis
She affected him just fine, he just powered through it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Stops at 1. Magneto and Exodus are simply too much of a good combo.

Knowsbleed33
She affected him just fine, he just powered through it.

She did no such thing. The first time he advanced on her which was exactly what she was trying to prevent. The second time, his force field completely dispersed her TK.

geshien
Juggernaut could clear the gauntlet due to the super speed, but I don't think he does it every time.

I think team 1 alone can give him issues. They have the right tools to take Cain down.

Mag's shield buys him time. Exodus' teleporation and resiliency keeps him in it.

A combination of TK and Magnetism could probably pry the helmet off.

Obviously, if they can get Jugg's helmet off, he's done.

I know all of this is speculation. Seems like a sound plan though. *shrug*

Doctor-Alvis
She did no such thing. The first time he advanced on her which was exactly what she was trying to prevent. The second time, his force field completely dispersed her TK.
Sure she did. It was like his first appearance. He was belly flopping, or something, onto Xavier. I don't remember why exactly he was pointing down but he was slowed down briefly before he said he couldn't be stopped and kept going. Point being, telekinesis had an effect on him, he was just too powerful so it didn't help much.

Knowsbleed33
It didn't have the intended affect. Lifting him into the air doesn't really amount to anything.

Doctor-Alvis
No, not really. But neither does being unimaginative with your abilities.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.