Spiderman vs The X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
Wolverine on baby sitting duty is in the mansion watching a football game and drinking a beer while monitoring the kids on a low lvl danger room session.

the New X-men are pissed that Wolverine is not taking the time to train them and is treating them like children with the safety guards in place.. the X- men leave the danger room covered in paint from the paint balls and minor bruises from the gloved clowns in the holo scenario featuring the Mesmero circus battle...

they approach and yell at wolverine about his laziness and storm off to their rooms.. logan finishing up his beer ask the only remaining student if she feels the same way... X-23 standing staring at logan without a scratch or paint tells logan he is not a very good teacher...

logan looks her in the eyes and ask her why isnt she teaching them, she possess large amount of fighting knowledge, her fighting for them and defending them without showing them how to work together and use their powers and skills doesnt help them or her at all in the long run.

Annoyed she calmly walks away but not b4 she gauged wolverine one last time and hating herself for being related to logan...

the mansion door opens and in walks Spiderman alongside Bobby Drake, laughing and shooting the breeze and spidey curious why he was invited by logan to the mansion...

Logan walks up and offers spiderman a beer but soon realizes he is still a kid and a boyscout and then offers him a shirley temple...

Wolverine then begins to explain why he has asked him to come, explaining that spiderman needs to learn some key fighting techniques.. logan wanting to expand his knowledge of pressure point attacks to help him take down some of his enemies that are too strong and resistant to webbing and blunt force trauma ...

Spiderman laughs at him and tells him he doesnt need it and tells him he has bn taught some chi manipulation exercises by Cap himself and tells logan he already has the best teacher...

Logan curious ask spidey if he will show him his chi manipulation exercises.. spidey confident agrees and begins to breath in and slowly raises his arms and starts making slow moving hand movements toward logan closing his fist and then spinning around...

Logan and Bobby start to laugh at parker and wolverine teary eye ask where is the chi amping aspect and if he can summon an ironfist to blow out a candle..

Logan tells booby to freeze spidey, spidey panics and tries to jump out of the way but doesnt realize that bobby condensed the surrounding atmosphere around him and trapping spiderman in mid jump.. spidey weak from bobby drawing some of his moister and tightening the ice around the spider..

wolverine then walks up and tells him to relax this wont hurt and maybe you'll remember how this works...

logan pinches parkers shoulders and parker screaming in pain awwwe!! that hurt! you lied!! then suddenly passes out.

bobby then removes the ice around parker, rehydrates him and asked Logan what he had plan? logan smiles and tells him training... dragging parker still unconscious by one leg toward some stairs and straight to the danger room...

logan then calls all the X-men to the danger room. scenario is locate and fight the NYC menace spiderman... everyone enters the room as wolverine explains the rules.. spiderman is a misunderstood hero just like them and is to be treaty as he was the real spiderman which means must act appropriately... . ko, and subdue him without any permanent injury.....

X-23 eyes logan suspiciously and logan then tells the team they will do it without her and grabs her and has her watch from the monitor room.... both in the monitor room X-23 tells logan he lied, the spiderman is a real person. logan ignores her and watches as spiderman recovers..

spiderman wakes up and starts looking from a roof top and sees the kids screaming and barking orders about locating spiderman... Prodigy looks up and points at the roof i found him!! get him!!

Spiderman

vs

Anole
Prodigy
Gentle
Surge
Armor
Pixie
Elixir
Rockslide

SamZED
Subdue without injury while Spider-man's thinking that he's under attack by a bunch of evil mutants? He's gonna be tossing them around like ragdolls and escape. Webbing is also an option. Also I read everything you wrote and godda say its well written smile Although Logan knows Pete doesnt drink and I doubt a pinch on the shoulder would make Spider-man pass out. IF failed to do that.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by SamZED
Subdue without injury while Spider-man's thinking that he's under attack by a bunch of evil mutants? He's gonna be tossing them around like ragdolls and escape. Webbing is also an option. Also I read everything you wrote and godda say its well written smile Although Logan knows Pete doesnt drink and I doubt a pinch on the shoulder would make Spider-man pass out. IF failed to do that.

i know Logan knows parker doesnt drink, doesnt mean he cant mess with him for sh#@s and giggles..

also i am aware that IF did a nerve pinch on the spider it doesnt mean they were the same exact pinch that logan pulled.. the shoulder pinch that i referenced for logan was the same one he used on rogue(ms. marvel powers) and Storm which caused both of them to pass out in their own separate encounter with logan.

i am not sure if spiderman has met the kids or will notice their X logo on their belts and costume especially with the color scheme..

The Pict
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

Spiderman

vs

Anole
Prodigy
Gentle
Surge
Armor
Pixie
Elixir
Rockslide

The only part I read stick out tongue

Going with the New X-Men here. Potential blitz by Surge. Also I doubt Parker could figure a way to put down Rockslide.

SamZED
i know Logan knows parker doesnt drink, doesnt mean he cant mess with him for sh#@s and giggles..

also i am aware that IF did a nerve pinch on the spider it doesnt mean they were the same exact pinch that logan pulled.. the shoulder pinch that i referenced for logan was the same one he used on rogue(ms. marvel powers) and Storm which caused both of them to pass out in their own separate encounter with logan.

i am not sure if spiderman has met the kids or will notice their X logo on their belts and costume especially with the color scheme.. lol True, Logan might do that.

That's my point exactly, they're not that experienced AND gonna hold back on top of that, while Parker is gonna think he's fighting for his life, it makes it easier for him.
IF needed to take Spider-man down as fast as possible that's why he cheapshotted him, I think if it was possible to knock him uncouncous with a nerve cluster IF would've done that at that point. Hurt him, temporally paralise, sure but ko... no Not to mention back in the 70's when it was cool to come up with new powers every issue, Parker desplayed a unique ability and I quote "a super ability to block out pain" lol.

Q99
Originally posted by The Pict
The only part I read stick out tongue

Going with the New X-Men here. Potential blitz by Surge. Also I doubt Parker could figure a way to put down Rockslide.

Ehh... he's delt with speedsters, and she can only do so in bursts.

Rockslide, he can't really connect. Parker'll web him up, especially if he's in pieces.

Gentle, he's pretty much a non factor. He won't use his powers and if he did, he'd miss.

Pixie.... hm, maybe her fairy dust....

Elixir, nothing to touch, not a great fighter.

Anole, agile and cool but not in his league.

Armor'll be somewhat hard to deal with. He can't really hurt her, and the armor keeps the webbing away... though if the armor's webbed to something, and she shuts it off to escape, then he can web her directly.

Prodigy, he can do martial arts at a fairly high level, but not accomplish much more than stalling for 5-10 seconds.

Anole, Surge, Prodigy, Pixie (w/dust)- I would say this is a list of the ones who stand a chance at landing a hit (at all, even with distraction most of the others won't). Think about how many of those have attacks that'd accomplish anything.

Rockslide and Armor can make him dance around a bit and spend time to neutralize them, but that's it.

Their best chance of taking him down would be hit him with dust to distract him, attack him with several people at once as distractions (preferably Prodigy and Anole, who unlike Rockslide can probably avoid being misdirected and hitting a teammate like Peter often does in multi-foe brawls), if he takes them down too fast, hit him with dust again, then have Surge rush in and do a major electric shock, about the only attack they have that stands a reasonable chance of both hitting and taking him down. Then more pixie dust, just in case.

lilk82364
Spiderman wins

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by SamZED
lol True, Logan might do that.

That's my point exactly, they're not that experienced AND gonna hold back on top of that, while Parker is gonna think he's fighting for his life, it makes it easier for him.
IF needed to take Spider-man down as fast as possible that's why he cheapshotted him, I think if it was possible to knock him uncouncous with a nerve cluster IF would've done that at that point. Hurt him, temporally paralise, sure but ko... no Not to mention back in the 70's when it was cool to come up with new powers every issue, Parker desplayed a unique ability and I quote "a super ability to block out pain" lol.
i really think spiderman would figure out that logan has sicked his kids on him.. i mean i know parker aint no genius but give him a lil credit

SamZED
i really think spiderman would figure out that logan has sicked his kids on him.. i mean i know parker aint no genius but give him a lil credit He's a genius when it comes to science, not so much when he wakes up and sees a bunch of mutants charging at him he wont think about who sent them, i mean have you seen Rockslide? Imagine him charging at you not a pretty picture. Also either way I think he can dance around most of them without much trouble. If he figures out its the X-kids he'll try to reason with them.

Wild Shadow
bumpity bump...

so ur stance is spidey wins, got it.

Battlehammer
i really think spiderman would figure out that logan has sicked his kids on him.. i mean i know parker aint no genius but give him a lil credit
Spiderman is a genius though..........actually given how much attention gives his studies or lack of, he extremely bright and even people like toney agree with this, and even comment that he should utilize it more.

Wild Shadow
i was being sarcastic, i know Pete is a semi genius otherwise he wouldnt have made his web fluid and his web shooters.

Mindset
Semi genius?

Probably one of the highest IQ's on Earth.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Mindset
Semi genius?

Probably one of the highest IQ's on Earth.
Yes, true though he not break even top 20 most likely, though not to say that still not ridiculously impressive.

Mindset
Who are 20 people that probably have higher IQs?

Didn't Reed say they had the same IQ in highschool or something.

SamZED
He said that he had the same IQ when he ws Peter's age, which is even more impressive. And that was when Parker was like 21-22. Its just he rarely gets the chance to put his knowledge to someting useful.

Parmaniac
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/3770/intellectremarkablestud.th.jpg
Spectacular Spider-man V1 225

In Amazing Spider-man 600 he mentally overpowers Dr. Octopus and Reed Richards says it's incredible.

Tha C-Master
Lol people underrate Spiderman so much it isn't funny. I need to make a prep thread with Spiderman as I'm curious what they think he is capable of with time and the ability to utilize many things.

Q99
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Lol people underrate Spiderman so much it isn't funny. I need to make a prep thread with Spiderman as I'm curious what they think he is capable of with time and the ability to utilize many things.

Is it really that much? I mean, pretty much everyone here agrees he'd beat a whole team, solo.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Q99
Is it really that much? I mean, pretty much everyone here agrees he'd beat a whole team, solo. They do given the conditions I suppose, but then anybody that has taken a karate class "utterly pwns" him like Captain America, so I'd say so.

Spiderman was made to fight teams like Wolverine was made to fight bricks, he's done well against teams many times.

Although I was speaking about his intelligence and prep skill above other things. Also keep in mind I was talking about how I thought he'd fare in this particular matchup.

Parmaniac
Spideys only problem with prep is that his resources are very limited.

EDIT: Plus in comics he most of the time doesn't have prep time, his vilains show up and he has to engage.

Mshinu
Yep, Spidey is pretty much made to fight a team like this.. on the other hand he doesn`t know his opponents, at least not very well.

It really depends on their teamwork and Peter`s ability to react their powers. Not sure which way it goes but I see either side getting at least 4 wins.

And Spidey certainly IS a genius, if he focused on sharpening his intellect he could be the next Reed Richards, at least in some fields. As it is he just have a load of potential, rarely tapping into it.

Hasn`t Cable too been stated to potentially be on Reed`s level?

Q99
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Also keep in mind I was talking about how I thought he'd fare in this particular matchup.

I'm still confused how you're getting "everyone underestimates him" from that. He's beating the team here, due to his tremendous skills against teams. He's majorly outpowered and winning.

On the prep thing, like Parmaniac said, he's not got a lot of resources. Well, that and he's incredibly good at improvising so he doesn't need a lot. Simply knowinng an opponent's style and powers from a first fight is generally enough to beat them in a second, even if they're serious powerhouses.

On the martial artist thing, top-tier martial artists do better than one would expect against him, but they still absolutely don't pwn him.

Wild Shadow
Cable's intellect shouldnt be question to him our modern technology is that of chimps with sticks and rocks... i am sure he can come up with new ways of using technology.. he even invented a new type of plane with different type of energy fuel.

i never said parker wasnt highly intelligent, i know he is. if he actually was given a lab, i am sure he could come up with some stuff or at least build something that has already bn invented. he has potential but he doesnt have the time to help it grow with further studying and experimenting.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Q99
I'm still confused how you're getting "everyone underestimates him" from that. He's beating the team here, due to his tremendous skills against teams. He's majorly outpowered and winning.

On the prep thing, like Parmaniac said, he's not got a lot of resources. Well, that and he's incredibly good at improvising so he doesn't need a lot. Simply knowinng an opponent's style and powers from a first fight is generally enough to beat them in a second, even if they're serious powerhouses.

On the martial artist thing, top-tier martial artists do better than one would expect against him, but they still absolutely don't pwn him. I was talking about his intellect and his prep skill which tend to be underrated, I haven't even read the thead on the outcome of the match or even the last posts. I don't believe I said "everyone underrates him" either.

Now he is good at improvising one of the best around and he is good against teams. He uses their abilities against the other group members.

The top tier MA's that do "well" against him are just the famous characters that would do well against just about anybody anyways. Maybe I should have been more clear.

ExodusCloak
Prodigy is smarter then Parker, plus he knows all of Spidey's strengths and weaknesses from whatever knowledge he assimilated from Captain America and Wolverine.

Pixie would take him down.

The Pict
Spidey is surpassed or at least equalled in all aspects in this fight. Anole is probably as agile, whereas Surge is faster with better offensive output, Gentle and Rockslide are stronger and, along with Armor,more durable. Prodigy is smarter and able to embarress Wolverine when sparring in terms of fighting ability.

Don't see Spiderman winning at all.

Wild Shadow
funny i still haven't voted yet.. i didnt know prodigy was that skilled to fight wolverine and embarrass him, i didn't even think it was possible even in a sparring session..

i think if prodigy possessed the skill and knowledge of Cap and especially Logan san Logan's attitude and mental blocks he places on his skills, prodigy should be pulling out IF mystic amp stuff since unlike wolverine he isn't spiritually unbalance or blocking his chi flow in anyway by fighting his inner self.

does prodigy possess Kitty cat's fighting skills as well?

ExodusCloak
funny i still haven't voted yet.. i didnt know prodigy was that skilled to fight wolverine and embarrass him, i didn't even think it was possible even in a sparring session..

i think if prodigy possessed the skill and knowledge of Cap and especially Logan san Logan's attitude and mental blocks he places on his skills, prodigy should be pulling out IF mystic amp stuff since unlike wolverine he isn't spiritually unbalance or blocking his chi flow in anyway by fighting his inner self.

He now possesses the knowledge of anyone he's ever encountered up till decimation barring those with psychic protection e.g. Telepaths or People with Psychic Immunity.

Wild Shadow
i just looked on wiki on prodigy and it said he possess Kitty's knowledge which makes him scary with the combo of logan and her.. really Prodigy should have the number one slot in the MA world since he possess direct knowledge of Ogun and his memories since that is how Ogun trained kitty inside her mind.. where reality was warped to encompass a decade of training if not more.

The Pict

Yes. He has put together the fighting skills he absorbed from most of the X-Men into a style that even impressed Logan.

i just looked on wiki on prodigy and it said he possess Kitty's knowledge which makes him scary with the combo of logan and her.. really Prodigy should have the number one slot in the MA world since he possess direct knowledge of Ogun and his memories since that is how Ogun trained kitty inside her mind.. where reality was warped to encompass a decade of training if not more.

thumb up

Have to say the team's way too much here.

Rockslide can reform quickly and is for most intents and purposes impossible to put down, sure he might be slow but he can bullrush or lay down on SM while he's busy with the pthers. Surge has range attacks and speed. Armor is untoucheble and quite strong. Pixie can down him by dusting up the area and can teleport. Elixir can reverse any injury he causes the team an can take SM down with a finger. All they have to do is corner or dogpile him and get elixir in there through teleportation.

Wild Shadow
bumpity bump...

@samzed

anyways if i recall why the IF nerve pinch didnt work was b/c spiderman reacted and IF didnt get a chance to apply it fully or accurately when spiderman fell off due to him reacting... Iirc. embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.