Wookiee's versus the Na'Vi...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
The Wookiee's versus the Na'Vi. Two scenarios:

Scenario one: Kashyyk has become uninhabitable. Global warming, whatever, the Wookiee race is forced to find a new world to make their own. They discover the moon of Pandora and decide that it is the perfect place for them to settle anew. The Na'Vi aren't having it, they will fight to defend their homeworld, so the Wookiee's decide to take the moon by force.

Scenario two: Same as one, except that the Na'Vi, after Pandora is destroyed by the sky people (Let's pretend that the Marines are successful in bombing the tree of souls), decide to resettle on Kashyyk. The Wookiee's view the Na'Vi as a threat and will defend their planet.

The Wookiee's have no orbital craft in either scenario. The Na'Vi can breath the air of Kashyyk, and the Wookie's can breath the air of Pandora. The armies are equal in number.

The following link is EU, but let's use it to make the thread more entertaining: http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/kashyyyk/ It explains the planet. The planet has several horizontal levels of ecology throughout the forests, with each lower level increasing in hostile danger.

KingD19
Wokiees win, they have Bowcasters and other futuristic weaponry, and they're just as strong, probably stronger than the Navi. Plus they're more brutal, since Wookies are known for ripping peoples arms off. On top of that, the wookies have the agility advantage, as they easily climb kilometer high trees and jump around like Incredible Hulk.

steverules_2
Is Jake Sully involved in Scenario 1 and 2 and also do the Na'Vi get their creatures?

dadudemon
Well, the Na'Vi are definitely stronger. Their bones are also much stronger.

Agility? hmmm. Cannon agility for Star Wars would have the Wookies NOT jumping all over the place. Movie feats, only. No EU.

So, Na'Vi, with Wookie's getting Bowcasters.

Wookies if they get thermal detonators.

The reasons should be obvious. Bowcasters don't have a rapid fire rate. The Na'Vi are also significantly taller and leaner. The Na'Vi also have fliers, and horses. Their horses are huge compared to the Wookies. Sure, the Wookies are big, but not nearly as big as the Na'Vi.

Pewp, pee and dingalings.

So, the Na'Vi can fire arrows at a rate close to the bowcaster firing rate, but they are bigger, stronger, faster, more agile, and their bones are definitely more durable...even if we use the EU for the Wookies, the Na'Vi certainly have stronger bones. The Na'Vi also have access to their fliers, horses, pewp, and pee.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by steverules_2
Is Jake Sully involved in Scenario 1 and 2 and also do the Na'Vi get their creatures? Yes. And yes. Jake is there and he has his machine gun and explosives. He is the Na'Vi, as in the end, he has left his human body.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, the Na'Vi are definitely stronger. Their bones are also much stronger.

Agility? hmmm. Cannon agility for Star Wars would have the Wookies NOT jumping all over the place. Movie feats, only. No EU.

So, Na'Vi, with Wookie's getting Bowcasters.

Wookies if they get thermal detonators.

The reasons should be obvious. Bowcasters don't have a rapid fire rate. The Na'Vi are also significantly taller and leaner. The Na'Vi also have fliers, and horses. Their horses are huge compared to the Wookies. Sure, the Wookies are big, but not nearly as big as the Na'Vi.

Pewp, pee and dingalings.

So, the Na'Vi can fire arrows at a rate close to the bowcaster firing rate, but they are bigger, stronger, faster, more agile, and their bones are definitely more durable...even if we use the EU for the Wookies, the Na'Vi certainly have stronger bones. The Na'Vi also have access to their fliers, horses, pewp, and pee. The only thing EU here is the details of Kashyyk.

Wookiee's are 6'11ish tall.

Na'Vi are tenish feet tall.

Darth Martin
Wookies tech pwns Na'Vi.

Rogue Jedi
The Na'Vi have no tech haermm

Darth Martin
Hey! They have a tree. haermm

Rogue Jedi
A BIG tree yes

Question....If a hot Na'Vi chick wanted to bang you, would you bang her?

Darth Martin
Uhhh.......she'd kill me?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
A BIG tree yes

Question....If a hot Na'Vi chick wanted to bang you, would you bang her?

You can't because they have sex via their connection of hair

Rogue Jedi
Pretty sure they have a vaggy, why else do they wear a loincloth?

jinXed by JaNx
I think, in the midst of a grueling battle, one old Wise Wookie comes out of nowhere with a little yoda spirit puffing a fatty. The on going war begins to settle as this Wise ass Wookie comes marching through the battlefield with his little Yoda spirit friend in hand. From there on out the planet goes GREEN. i mean REAL Green. Yeah, woooooooookieee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!

Rogue Jedi
No Yoda here.

Kazenji
I'm guessing that Clone Wars series is allowed here since thats canon and fits between Episodes 2 and 3??

and not the 3D one thats been showing lately.

Rogue Jedi
Any SW feature film that had a theatrical debut.

dadudemon
Any SW feature film that had a theatrical debut.

For your thread or in general?

If in general, that would be any "movie" regardless of a theatrical release.

Evilbigfoot
Wookies.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
For your thread or in general?

If in general, that would be any "movie" regardless of a theatrical release. For this thread, any SW feature film that had a theatrical showing.

Nephthys
Wookies. They can take a few arrows and keep fighting, but Na'Vi can't take hot plasma. Wookies have the distinct advantage in ranged combat, including bombs, and they're almost a match for them in CQC. Scenario 2 is a stomp: they have mounted guns etc.

Rogue Jedi
But the Na'Vi can attack from above. The Wookiee's have no flying craft.

zeroking24
Wookiee's all the way they have thermal detonators and can rip off arms what els can u get

Evilbigfoot

Lol? Ever heard of a wookie catamaran? confused

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Evilbigfoot
Lol? Ever heard of a wookie catamaran? confused Was one shown in ROTS?

Evilbigfoot
Was one shown in ROTS?

yes

Rogue Jedi
And can they keep up with the Na'Vi's fliers?

Evilbigfoot
And can they keep up with the Na'Vi's fliers?

Do they need to? Blast the Na'Vi from the sky, me thinks.

Alpha Centauri
The Na'vi strike me as way more adaptable, agile and capable.

Also, why do people keep putting an apostrophe in "Wookiees"? It's not a possessive, it's plural.

-AC

Darth Martin
Nah. That main warrior Na'Vi was defeated in H2H combat by Jake without much difficulty and didn't seem so awesome in combat against the marines. The Wookies in general are much more superior combatants with superior tech.

BruceSkywalker
methinks the wookies stomp

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Nah. That main warrior Na'Vi was defeated in H2H combat by Jake without much difficulty and didn't seem so awesome in combat against the marines. The Wookies in general are much more superior combatants with superior tech.

I've seen all the movies and I don't recall seeing anything superior to the Na'vi in the Wookiees' possession.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Jake was a badass Marine, don't downplay his h2h skills.

Name a Wookiee h2h feat that trumps the Na'Vi.

Ms.Marvel
blasters.

Kazenji

The wookies do so have flying craft

go to 00:25

JMjLuYo2pA0

Rogue Jedi
The Na'Vi fliers fly circles around them. They took out Marine chopper craft, FFS.

Ms.Marvel
blasters.

also the marines lost due to pis. they were flying blind.

Kazenji
Its always pis this and that pis that on this friggan board.

Ms.Marvel
welcome to logic. the lost art of the ancients! D=

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
welcome to logic. the lost art of the ancients! D=

Or just failing to accept tha way things are............

Ms.Marvel
actually thats exactly what pis is- pointing out the way things really are.

Kazenji
actually thats exactly what pis is- pointing out the way things really are.

No 'pis' is just a way of not disagreeing with what the creator has written in this case James Cameron.

Rogue Jedi
I just took a pis.

Ms.Marvel
you dont know what pis is do you?

Rogue Jedi
blasters.
Yeah, blasters against the nimble Na'Vi fliers.

Alpha Centauri
you dont know what pis is do you?

It's something fanboys made up to make themselves feel better about the fact that, like it or not, their fantasy fights are not law and things CAN happen differently.

Sometimes things that demean a character can be shit, no doubt. That doesn't give you the right to strike it from record books and act like YOUR perception of a character is the right one, and any development you dislike is void.

-AC

Nephthys
Actually PIS would be something like Superman negotiating in a hostage situation when he could save the hostage in a millisecond. For more on PIS, read Amazon's Attack, a case of PIS so stupid people mailed the comics back to the publishers.

Evilbigfoot
blasters.

also the marines lost due to pis. they were flying blind. love

Rogue Jedi
The marines knew they would be flying blind from the beginning.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The Na'vi strike me as way more adaptable, agile and capable.

Also, why do people keep putting an apostrophe in "Wookiees"? It's not a possessive, it's plural.

-AC

I originally read your post as...,"the Na'vi strike me as way more adOptable agile and capable...," I re-read that sentence like three times just to make sure and it wasn't until my fourth time that i noticed my eyes were, indeed deceiving me. The O is an A. I was racking my brain trying to figure out what the hell the adoptability factor of the Na'vi have to with anything. Would the wookies be so overcome with the cuteness of the cat people that they decided it just wasn't worth fighting them? I was seriously puzzled for a few seconds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.