Thor vs Wolverine - Pure Melee Combat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No Mjolnir.

No BFR.

Who wins?

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine.

Blanket
This has been made before.

Either way, apparently Thor can't strike him, but he can easily grab him... so, Thor grabs his leg and slams him repeatidly.

carver9
Wolverine

carver9
Originally posted by Blanket

Either way, apparently Thor can't strike him, but he can easily grab him... so, Thor grabs his leg and slams him repeatidly.

Or Thor grabs him like rulk did and get his eyes stabbed out. confused

Blanket
Originally posted by carver9
Or Thor grabs him like rulk did and get his eyes stabbed out. confused
Didn't Wolverine already slash him in the face?

Starscream M

Either way, apparently Thor can't strike him, but he can easily grab him... so, Thor grabs his leg and slams him repeatidly. I doubt he could easily grab logan

wwh was only able to grab logan because his hf allows him to absorb several otherwise debilitating strikes from logan

Blanket
Originally posted by Starscream M
I doubt he could easily grab logan

wwh was only able to grab logan because his hf allows him to absorb several otherwise debilitating strikes from logan I'm going by what happened in the comic

Thor can't hit Wolverine. Thor can easily grab him. Makes perfect sense.

Starscream M
Didn't Wolverine already slash him in the face? yep, its a pretty bad tactic to grab logan unless you're juggy or hulk

as logan always goes for the face slice once he's grabbed (did it against WWH, and rulk)

Parmaniac
Or Thor grabs him like rulk did and get his eyes stabbed out. confused That won't work Thor's eyes are made out of adamantium.

Starscream M

Thor can't hit Wolverine. Thor can easily grab him. Makes perfect sense.
that makes no sense. while I don't think thor can easily strike logan, he could prob do that far easier than to grab him.

Battlehammer
Been done and I don't think I wanna touch this debate........again

srankmissingnin
Pretty much similar to Wolverine vs. Herc or Namor in melee. Logan should get the majority.

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
That won't work Thor's eyes are made out of adamantium.

LOL, ok.

carver9
Didn't Wolverine already slash him in the face?

Lets not name everyone who got gutted trying to grab Wolverine. Thats the worst tactic to do to someone as fast as him.

Thats like committing suicide.

Blanket
You missed the point Carv. Wolverine slashed Thor in the face and it didn`t blind him.

that makes no sense. while I don't think thor can easily strike logan, he could prob do that far easier than to grab him. Going by the issue again.

Thor slams him until he stops moving.

Starscream M
can someone find the old thread and bump it then...I can't find it in search

carver9
You missed the point Carv. Wolverine slashed Thor in the face and it didn`t blind him.

Going by the issue again.

Thor tries to slam him and get his eyes gauged out.

Then the fight is over at that point.

Battlehammer

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5997/43294170.th.jpg http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3840/49988757.th.jpg http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6042/85289248.th.jpg

Blanket
Thor tries to slam him and get his eyes gauged out.

Then the fight is over at that point. Originally posted by Battlehammer
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5997/43294170.th.jpg http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3840/49988757.th.jpg http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6042/85289248.th.jpg

Parmaniac
I always wondered why Apoc was there, he's more an X-Men villain than a Wolverine villain.

nicamarvin
yep, its a pretty bad tactic to grab logan unless you're juggy or hulk
Why are you puting Juggernaut and hulk in the same sentense..?.... erm its not like they have the same piercing durability...... confused

Starscream M
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Why are you puting Juggernaut and hulk in the same sentense..?.... erm its not like they have the same piercing durability...... confused no they dont. I know that. but hulks hf allows him to take stabs from logan just like juggs invulnerability allows him to do so.

srankmissingnin
There is always the possibility that Thor's eyes not being located in his checks might have played apart in him not getting blinded.

Battlehammer

Going by the issue again.

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor4.jpg

Blanket
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
There is always the possibility that Thor's eyes not being located in his checks might have played apart in him not getting blinded. Doubt it tbh.

srankmissingnin
Doubt it tbh.

What do I know I'm not an eye doctor.

Blanket
What do I know I'm not an eye doctor. Pretty much

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor4.jpg whats the point of posting this scan?

nicamarvin
no they dont. I know that. but hulks hf allows him to take stabs from logan just like juggs invulnerability allows him to do so. That don't mean Shit... smokin' logan does Way better against Hulk, Thor and other bricks yet he fail against Juggernaut Guess Why..??

Battlehammer
whats the point of posting this scan?
Posting the events blanket was speaking about, and it had relevances to his discussion on the topic..........so why do you care?

Starscream M
Posting the events blanket was speaking about, and it had relevances to his discussion on the topic..........so why do you care? i was just wondering...since the scan you posted is different from what blanket described

Blanket
i was just wondering...since the scan you posted is different from what blanket described What did I describe that was different

Parmaniac
What did I describe that was different You said he slams him till he stops walking, BH posted a scan where he threw him and returned.

srankmissingnin
i was just wondering...since the scan you posted is different from what blanket described

In the page before Wolverine is dodging Thor and landing blows and Thor is like "Oh shit I can't touch him!"... and the he grabs him by the leg in the next panel and throws him. Thats what Blanket is talking about, only that instead of throwing him, he just bashes him off stuff.

/shrug

Blanket
You said he slams him till he stops walking, BH posted a scan where he threw him and returned. I said he does that here. I never implied he did that in the comic.

Parmaniac
I said he does that here. I never implied he did that in the comic. Yeah I know.

Battlehammer
In the page before Wolverine is dodging Thor and landing blows and Thor is like "Oh shit I can't touch him!"... and the he grabs him by the leg in the next panel and throws him. Thats what Blanket is talking about, only that instead of throwing him, he just bashes him off stuff.

/shrug
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor3.jpg

StiltmanFTW
I always wondered why Apoc was there, he's more an X-Men villain than a Wolverine villain.

He earned his place.

/shrug

Roughouse style.

Starscream M
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor3.jpg hmmm nice scan...that confirms my belief that logan is faster than thor and that thor does not have ftl reflexes like his supporters on kmc often like to claim

is that canon?

Battlehammer

is that canon?
Yes it is cannon.

Blanket
hmmm nice scan...that confirms my belief that logan is faster than thor and that thor does not have ftl reflexes like his supporters on kmc often like to claim

is that canon? He parried a cake at lightspeed. smile

Parmaniac
is that canon? Yes

StiltmanFTW
hmmm nice scan...that confirms my belief that logan is faster than thor and that thor does not have ftl reflexes like his supporters on kmc often like to claim

is that canon?

You didn't see that before?

Yes, it is. It was even released as a one-shot not so long ago.

Battlehammer
Because he turned Wolverine into death.

StiltmanFTW
He parried a cake at lightspeed. smile

That was Balder.

Starscream M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You didn't see that before? nah, missed it. I heard about it though...from whiny thor fanboys as usual.

Battlehammer
He parried a cake at lightspeed. smile
lol, I still can't believe that was someone entire arguement for Thor Light speed reflexes lol.

Blanket
That was Balder. Blader threw it. Thor reacted to cake.

Battlehammer
Blader threw it. Thor reacted to cake.
Thing I never understood is how the cake stood intact almost perfectly lol

Blanket
Thing I never understood is how the cake stood intact almost perfectly lol Asgardian cake, might have been Pie though, which makes much more sense...

StiltmanFTW
Because he turned Wolverine into death.

And there was that Wolverine: Jungle Adventure one-shot. Too bad the idea got scrapped, now we have Romulus...

nah, missed it. I heard about it though...from whiny thor fanboys as usual.

Originally posted by Galan007
Wolverine vs. Thor:

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_hammerclaws1.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_hammerclaws2.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor3.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor4.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor5.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor6.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor7.jpg

Blader threw it. Thor reacted to cake.

I thought it was Thor who threw it and Balder covered himself with his shield at the speed of light.

Battlehammer
Asgardian cake, might have been Pie though, which makes much more sense...
and is funnier, lol.

Speaking of Asgardians, I notice they ride horses a lot, is it safe to assume asguardian horses are relativlely the same power differenses between human and a horse as there is between an asgardian as an asguardian horse? IF so what would happen if an wild asguardian horse ran wild in marvel earth......

Parmaniac
And there was that Wolverine: Jungle Adventure one-shot. Too bad the idea got scrapped, now we have Romulus... What was the idea?

Blanket
And there was that Wolverine: Jungle Adventure one-shot. Too bad the idea got scrapped, now we have Romulus...

I thought it was Thor who threw it and Balder covered himself with his shield at the speed of light. You`re right. Either way, the pie was going the speed of light.

StiltmanFTW
What was the idea?

Apocalypse being the real mastermind behind the Weapon X project.

You`re right. Either way, the pie was going the speed of light.

It's more likely than Balder simply got his shield in position too soon.

edit: way, way too soon.

Starscream M
Apocalypse being the real mastermind behind the Weapon X project.
that WOULD have been better.

carver9
nah, missed it. I heard about it though...from whiny thor fanboys as usual.

Well, its still not safe to use against Thor since almost every high herald out there have been overwhelmed by the speed of street levelers (I cant recall one from the Surfer though).

I can name at least 3 high heralds that commented on how fast a street leveler is when facing them.

I just think that even though the high heralds are faster, the way people like Wolvy and spidey use their speed over whelms them (speed, agility, and martial arts).

Thats why Wolvie said "They dont know that the street levelers are the most dangerous out of all of them. They have to train themselves every day on how to avoid being hit".

Starscream M
Well, its still not safe to use against Thor since almost every high herald out there have been overwhelmed by the speed of street levelers (I cant recall one from the Surfer though).

I can name at least 3 high heralds that commented on how fast a street leveler is when facing them.

I just think that even though the high heralds are faster, the way people like Wolvy and spidey use their speed over whelms them (speed, agility, and martial arts).

Thats why Wolvie said "They dont know that the street levelers are the most dangerous out of all of them. They have to train themselves every day on how to avoid being hit".

this isn't just logan being faster than thor...which can be artistic depiction

its the fact that thor admitted logan was faster.

carver9

I agree, and again, other high heralds admitted the same thing more than once.

If you actually look at the way Wolvy and Spidey use their speed, of course, they appear to be faster than a lot of people.

How about this, look at how many times a high herald get hit versus bricks and compare them to people like Spidey and Wolvie getting hit by bricks. Bricks have a harder time tagging them vs them hitting high heralds.

StiltmanFTW

Thor fans disagree, they think Thor was going to say "He's faster than I expected" or something like that.

Too bad for them that Logan later commented that "Creed" traded some speed for strength... wink

carver9
Thor fans disagree, they think Thor was going to say "He's faster than I expected" or something like that.

Too bad for them that Logan later commented that "Creed" traded some speed for strength... wink

I see it like this, the way Wolvy and Spidey use their speed is the key factor. Thor does just fine facing people that can fly through space at tremendous speeds, etc... Its just hard facing people that is blessed with agility and speed (along with Martial arts).

nicamarvin
Where Rage... confused

meep-meep
Thor rips his heart out from his stomach. Sort of like a wolverine sock puppet.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by meep-meep
Thor rips his heart out from his stomach. Sort of like a wolverine sock puppet. NO........ mad

StiltmanFTW
And while Thor's busy doing that, Logan snikts his heart.

OneDumbG0
I see it like this, the way Wolvy and Spidey use their speed is the key factor. Thor does just fine facing people that can fly through space at tremendous speeds, etc... Its just hard facing people that is blessed with agility and speed (along with Martial arts). Clearly it was the lack of martial arts training that doomed Quicksilver from the start: Originally posted by ankur29
Vs Quicksilver

Thor:"i have vanquished fleeter foes"

note that quicksilver is till on the floor even after Thor lets go of his grip lol

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/th_TMA034020.jpg http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/th_TMA034021.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Clearly it was the lack of martial arts training that doomed Quicksilver from the start:

Logan didn't avoid the ground pound either. He ninja vanished after that and stabbed him in the back, but the shockwave did send him flying.

carver9
Clearly it was the lack of martial arts training that doomed Quicksilver from the start:

So quicksilver use his speed like Wolvy and Spiderman?

OneDumbG0
^ Clearly, Quicksilver's vastly slower in effectatious speed and reflexes without advanced martial arts training. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Logan didn't avoid the ground pound either. He ninja vanished after that and stabbed him in the back, but the shockwave did send him flying. Clearly ninja training makes Wolverine more elusive than Quicksilver instead of Thor just foolishly assuming the ground pound took Wolverine out of the fight.

carver9
^ Clearly, Quicksilver's vastly slower in effectatious speed and reflexes without advanced martial arts training. Clearly ninja training makes Wolverine more elusive than Quicksilver instead of Thor just foolishly assuming the ground pound took Wolverine out of the fight.

So quicksilver combine agility, speed, and Martial arts during battle or do he just run around every where?

Its pretty obvious Wolverine and Spidey use their speed in a different and better fashion than true speedsters when fighting opponents.

StiltmanFTW
Clearly ninja training makes Wolverine more elusive than Quicksilver instead of Thor just foolishly assuming the ground pound took Wolverine out of the fight.

He didn't assume that.

OneDumbG0
^ Clearly Thor intended and foresaw that the ground pound would give Wolverine an opportunity to strike him from behind... instead of y'know taking him out of the fight... clearly.Originally posted by carver9
So quicksilver combine agility, speed, and Martial arts during battle or do he just run around every where?

Its pretty obvious Wolverine and Spidey use their speed in a different and better fashion than true speedsters when fighting opponents. No, definitely doesn't combine them. Clearly because he lacks martial arts acumen, so he was doomed to lose to Thor from the very beginning. Superspeed means nothing without martial arts skills, clearly.

Clearly, unless speedsters have martial arts skills they cannot use speed effectively or react to ground pounds, clearly.

Starscream M
Clearly it was the lack of martial arts training that doomed Quicksilver from the start: just because thor has beat faster foes than quicksilver does not mean he is faster

wolverine has beaten foes far stronger, doesn't make logan stronger.

thor prob beat faster foes through skill....quicksilver is a jobber anyways.

OneDumbG0
^ Clearly, clearilily, clearingilingly, clearly. duryes

Starscream M
^ Clearly, clearilily, clearingilingly, clearly. duryes what're you babbling about?

So you agree that thor admitted logan was too fast for him right?

carver9
^ Clearly Thor intended and foresaw that the ground pound would give Wolverine an opportunity to strike him from behind... instead of y'know taking him out of the fight... clearly.No, definitely doesn't combine them. Clearly because he lacks martial arts acumen, so he was doomed to lose to Thor from the very beginning. Superspeed means nothing without martial arts skills, clearly.

Clearly, unless speedsters have martial arts skills they cannot use speed effectively or react to ground pounds, clearly.

Like I said before, Wolvy and Spidey use their speed different than speedster.

I dont know why onedumb brought quicksilver up because I specifically said high heralds and Quicksilver isnt a high herald. He is trained on how to use his speed in ways a lot of HIGH HERALDS rarely use in combat.

I was using high heralds vs brick and Wolvy and Spidey vs Bricks. Spidey and Wolvy showings with using speeds are much more impressive.

Battlehammer

I am not argueing against you at all, but I this statement actually got me thinking about something.

How more effective would a speedstir be with MA training. I would think it would make them much more effective. For example many sports stars can run faster and even have faster reaction times then train MA's. However there ability to put it togather in a fight is farless effective. So though they are faster, there abilities to do so in a fight are far less effective due to lack of training. This could also explain on some level why speedstir at times fail against those slower then them selfs, it not due to there own speed, but there ability to put it to gather in a fight as effectivly as thoses who have trained there bodies to react and counter combativly on there highest level. It similar to why Batgirl apeares to be superhuman dispite having no such attributes.

Though this comment is off topic, your statement just got me wondering.

StiltmanFTW
^ Clearly Thor intended and foresaw that the ground pound would give Wolverine an opportunity to strike him from behind... instead of y'know taking him out of the fight... clearly.

"The tremors from my quake have thrown him back into the field. I saw him--"

He just didn't expect Logan to beat the distance that fast and jump him from behind.

OneDumbG0
^ Clearly, it was because of Wolverine's speed + ninja training >>>>>> Quicksilver's speed and not through Thor's own miscalculations, clearly. Originally posted by carver9
Like I said before, Wolvy and Spidey use their speed different than speedster.

I dont know why onedumb brought quicksilver up because I specifically said high heralds and Quicksilver isnt a high herald. He is trained on how to use his speed in ways a lot of HIGH HERALDS rarely use in combat.

I was using high heralds vs brick and Wolvy and Spidey vs Bricks. Spidey and Wolvy showings with using speeds are much more impressive. Clearly speedsters like Quicksilver cannot properly defend against ground pounds without ninja training, clearly. They suck at using speed without them, clearly. Originally posted by Starscream M
what're you babbling about?

So you agree that thor admitted logan was too fast for him right? Clearly too fast for him to do anything like grab his ankle and toss him or hit him with Mjolnir if Wolverine had just raked his back... clearly.

carver9
^ Clearly, it was because of Wolverine's speed + ninja speed >>>>>> Quicksilver's speed and not through Thor's own miscalculations, clearly. Clearly speedsters like Quicksilver cannot properly defend against ground pounds without ninja training, clearly. They suck at using speed without them, clearly.

OMG, OneDumb, can you just debate and stop going in circles. I know where you are going with this but can you just spill it out without using reverse-psychology.

What I am basing this off of is high heralds vs bricks. I dont care about quicksilver. I'm asking you high heralds vs brick and Wolvy and Spidey vs Bricks. Do you see the difference between the two.

If you looked at the Thor vs Quicksilver fight, it really wasnt that. Quicksilver just stood there, he didnt run not once. If he moved from that spot (besides dodging the lightning) then you would have an argument.

I argued for quicksilver a long time ago. I said that he use his speed in a different fashion than people like Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter but THAT fight isnt helping your case.

Battlehammer
^ Clearly, it was because of Wolverine's speed + ninja training >>>>>> Quicksilver's speed and not through Thor's own miscalculations, clearly. Clearly speedsters like Quicksilver cannot properly defend against ground pounds .
Though I am not argueing who wins, since I know were this debate leads sicne it been done before more then once, I am not sure it was quicksilver lack in speed, but rather his ability to withstand the shock force. He was most likely stunned from the shock wave and given his abilities that would make a lot of sense.

Starscream M
Clearly too fast for him to do anything like grab his ankle and toss him or hit him with Mjolnir if Wolverine had just raked his back... clearly. lol...what poor logic

logan at his most feral and when attacking is too fast for thor

but that doesn't mean logan is ALWAYS too fast for thor...hopefully you can grasp the distinction

its true that logan isn't vastly faster...but when he is going all out, he is too fast for thor to handle.

Wild Shadow
thor without godspeed gets stabbed by logan.

OneDumbG0
OMG, OneDumb, can you just debate and stop going in circles. I know where you are going with this but can you just spill it out without using reverse-psychology.

What I am basing this off of is high heralds vs bricks. I dont care about quicksilver. I'm asking you high heralds vs brick and Wolvy and Spidey vs Bricks. Do you see the difference between the two.

If you looked at the Thor vs Quicksilver fight, it really wasnt that. Quicksilver just stood there, he didnt run not once. If he moved from that spot (besides dodging the lightning) then you would have an argument.

I argued for quicksilver a long time ago. I said that he use his speed in a different fashion than people like Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter but THAT fight isnt helping your case. Clearly Quicksilver must run in strides rather than use superspeed to dodge lightning otherwise he isn't really using superspeed, clearly. Originally posted by Starscream M
lol...what poor logic

logan at his most feral and when attacking is too fast for thor

but that doesn't mean logan is ALWAYS too fast for thor...hopefully you can grasp the distinction

its true that logan isn't vastly faster...but when he is going all out, he is too fast for thor to handle.Clearly too feral and fast for Thor to ever grab him and toss him or use a groundpound to upset his footing or hit him with Mjolnir when he's on his back... clearly.

carver9
Clearly Quicksilver must run in strides rather than use superspeed to dodge lightning otherwise he isn't really using superspeed, clearly. Clearly too feral and fast for Thor to ever grab him and toss him or use a groundpound to upset his footing or hit him with Mjolnir when he's on his back... clearly.

LOL, OMG, just answer the question one dumb.

Can you answer the question that I also included in my post?

Starscream M
Clearly too feral and fast for Thor to ever grab him and toss him or use a groundpound to upset his footing or hit him with Mjolnir when he's on his back... clearly. slaps forehead....you missed my whole point apparently.

My point is just because thor has tagged logan doesn't mean that logan at his most feral isn't too fast for thor. logan doesn't fight at peak speed every second of a fight.

jeez, you're dense.

Battlehammer
slaps forehead....you missed my whole point apparently.

My point is just because thor has tagged logan doesn't mean that logan at his most feral isn't too fast for thor. logan doesn't fight at peak speed every second of a fight.

jeez, you're dense.
technically wolverine at peak speed would be him fully berserker, which I don't believe he was during the encounter. While full berserker he be at peak level speed the entire fight.

Starscream M
While full berserker he be at peak level speed the entire fight. I don't think anyone fights at peak speeds for entire fights.

OneDumbG0
LOL, OMG, just answer the question one dumb.

Can you answer the question that I also included in my post? Clearly I do possess the ability to answer your question, clearly. Originally posted by Starscream M
slaps forehead....you missed my whole point apparently.

jeez, you're dense. Clearly my only motivation was for you to hit yourself with your hand because I enjoy watching people inflict pain on themselves, clearly.

Clearly Wolverine chose to turn off his speed (or, alternativey, turned off his ninja skills, for we all know that superspeed w/o ninja skills isn't really superspeed) at those precise two moments when Thor snagged him and hit him, clearly.

Battlehammer
I don't think anyone fights at peak speeds for entire fights.
I mean techinically the entire point of berserker rage full on is that wolverine operating at peak capacity.

Original Smurph
We can all see how Thor obviously has the capacity to grab Wolverine. Once that point in combat is reached, Thor under normal scenarios may throw Wolverine to connect with a hammer toss/lightning strike/exotic something or other, either for the purposes of flashiness or to face other opponents.

In this scenario, he doesn't have Mjolnir. He doesn't have other opponents, and flashiness is not a factor, just effectiveness.

So:

1) We can see that Thor can grab Wolverine
2) Throwing Wolverine away (unless for the purpose of BFR) would not happen

Thor uses Cl. 100 strength to swing Logan around like a ragdoll or ground-and-pound.

Thor wins.

JakeTheBank
Thor wins.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Original Smurph

Thor uses Cl. 100 strength to swing Logan around like a ragdoll or ground-and-pound.

has anyone ever done that to wolverine?

srankmissingnin
Maybe Quicksilver was concussed after Thor's attack giving him a window to work between his and Quicksilver's speed gap. Wolverine has a healing factor, so you see, the situation are a little different.

Original Smurph
has anyone ever done that to wolverine? Are you implying that Wolverine can not actually be swung around and/or punched while held?

I forget that Logan's body obeys different physics than everybody else. Maybe it's the fist-deflecting shields that he has.

StiltmanFTW

Yeah, Roughouse.

srankmissingnin

The Geech.

OneDumbG0
has anyone ever done that to wolverine? Me. But it was in a crossover, so it doesn't count as proof on these forums.

Starscream M
Are you implying that Wolverine can not actually be swung around and/or punched while held?

I forget that Logan's body obeys different physics than everybody else. Maybe it's the fist-deflecting shields that he has. I'm just saying it would be incredibly hard to imagine anyone short of juggernaut doing that to logan...strength is not the issue. of course thor has the strength to do so, but logan would be slicing and dicing like a maniac...and I fail to see how thor could hold on to logan while being cut up

Starscream M
Are you implying that Wolverine can not actually be swung around and/or punched while held?

I forget that Logan's body obeys different physics than everybody else. Maybe it's the fist-deflecting shields that he has. I'm just saying it would be incredibly hard to imagine anyone short of juggernaut doing that to logan...strength is not the issue. of course thor has the strength to do so, but logan would be slicing and dicing like a maniac...and I fail to see how thor could hold on to logan while being cut up

StiltmanFTW

I forget that Logan's body obeys different physics than everybody else. Maybe it's the fist-deflecting shields that he has.

Problem is, Thor would be still within the claw range. Throwing him is one thing... how many slams would it take to knock him out? Kinda risky tactic if you ask me.

Original Smurph
and I fail to see how thor could hold on to logan while being cut up With his hand.

I fail to see how Wolverine could concentrate on being a horrid love child of the Energizer Bunny and a swiss army knife while his face is being swung through the surroundings.

OneDumbG0
I'm just saying it would be incredibly hard to imagine anyone short of juggernaut doing that to logan...strength is not the issue. of course thor has the strength to do so, but logan would be slicing and dicing like a maniac...and I fail to see how thor could hold on to logan while being cut up Clearly, the only reason Mr. Hyde was unable to reach back towards Thor's arm was because he possessed no claws or ninja skills, clearly:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsHyde02.jpg

srankmissingnin
With his hand.

I fail to see how Wolverine could concentrate on being a horrid love child of the Energizer Bunny and a swiss army knife while his face is being swung through the surroundings.

Seems like if there was ever a time to be motivated to do some hardm, it would be then...

StiltmanFTW
The Geech.

I think I remember that guy. Didn't he get stunned by Ororo's lightning later or something and then had Logan's fists put against his jaw?

Starscream M
With his hand.

I fail to see how Wolverine could concentrate on being a horrid love child of the Energizer Bunny and a swiss army knife while his face is being swung through the surroundings. the two guys (rulk and wwh) who tried to hold logan for awhile both got their eyes stabbed out

its a complete different thing to grab wolverine and throw him quickly versus holding on to him (the second will expose you to the viciousness of his claws up close and personal

Starscream M
Clearly, the only reason Mr. Hyde was unable to reach back towards Thor's arm was because he possessed no claws or ninja skills, clearly:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsHyde02.jpg nice claws that guy has. even bigger than logans! eek!

and logan also wears clothing with convenient parts for thor to grab and swing!

OneDumbG0
^ Like I said, if Mr. Hyde had claws and ninja skills he clearly would have pwned Thor, clearly.

Also, Wolverine cannot be grabbed because he wears frictionless clothing, clearly. Plus, he has Judomaster's "cannot-be-touched-power" as a mutant ability. So he doubly can never be grabbed, clearly.

Starscream M
^ Like I said, if Mr. Hyde had claws and ninja skills he clearly would have pwned Thor, clearly. if he did, your scan might've been relevant. as it stands, its completely worthless.

next time, you might as well show a pic of thor swinging a dead racoon as evidence that he can do the same to logan.

OneDumbG0
^ Clearly, Mr. Hyde possesses no claws or ninja skills and that is the sole reason he could not reach back and prevent Thor from doing what he did.

Clearly, a dead raccoon = Mr. Hyde.

JakeTheBank
lol

Starscream M
^ Clearly, Mr. Hyde possesses no claws or ninja skills and that is the sole reason he could not reach back and prevent Thor from doing what he did.

Clearly, a dead raccoon = Mr. Hyde. clearly, having 3 foot long adamantium blades makes it no harder or more dangerous for thor to try a maneuver requiring such up close contact. clearly.

carver9
the two guys (rulk and wwh) who tried to hold logan for awhile both got their eyes stabbed out

its a complete different thing to grab wolverine and throw him quickly versus holding on to him (the second will expose you to the viciousness of his claws up close and personal

Thing did the same thing and got his face ripped off (had to wear a mask).

OneDumbG0
clearly, having 3 foot long adamantium blades makes it no harder or more dangerous for thor to try a maneuver requiring such up close contact. clearly. Because clearly, Wolverine's claws are 3 ft. long each. Clearly.

carver9

Hyde is no where as fast as long. Not even close so using him as an example was terrible.

Wolverine would blitz Hyde and easily at that.

Battlehammer

To be fair mr. hyde that same man who got wtf pwned by DD with a mail box and was to slow to even touch him.

JakeTheBank
Thor could probably also use his physical strength to quake the ground to stun or get Logan off balance.

Original Smurph
the two guys (rulk and wwh) who tried to hold logan for awhile both got their eyes stabbed out

its a complete different thing to grab wolverine and throw him quickly versus holding on to him (the second will expose you to the viciousness of his claws up close and personal Ah. I forget that Wolverine has an immunity to being grabbed and swung at light speeds. Among his mutant powers is the ability to impossibly contort his body when being grabbed and swung at speeds approaching C in order to somehow end up from having his foot in Thor's hand to having his clawz in Thor's face. Or maybe it's teleportation, hmm?

That must be the first lesson they teach in clawed ninja school.

Starscream M
Because clearly, Wolverine's claws are 3 ft. long each. Clearly. the exact length doesn't matter...its long enough to pose a significant danger to anyone trying to swing him.

clearly swinging logan is a brilliant way to neutralize logan, since sabretooth, hulk, omega red all have...oh wait, nm.

Original Smurph
Hyde is no where as fast as long. Not even close so using him as an example was terrible.

Wolverine would blitz Hyde and easily at that. Carver's reading comprehension and debating skillz haven't evolved past recognizing the image of a character and arguing that his avatar could beat said character.

Clearly.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor could probably also use his physical strength to quake the ground to stun or get Logan off balance.

He already tried that.

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine would blitz Hyde and easily at that.

He owned him really bad in alternate universe.

Starscream M
Thor could probably also use his physical strength to quake the ground to stun or get Logan off balance. lol...yeah because logan can't just jump when thor smashes the ground...thereby avoiding the whole quake part laughing

carver9
Carver's reading comprehension and debating skillz haven't evolved past recognizing the image of a character and arguing that his avatar could beat said character.

Clearly.

Daredevil beat Hyde before. What are you talking about? I think Spiderman even ran through Hyde before.

OneDumbG0
Ah. I forget that Wolverine has an immunity to being grabbed and swung at light speeds. Among his mutant powers is the ability to impossibly contort his body when being grabbed and swung at speeds approaching C in order to somehow end up from having his foot in Thor's hand to having his clawz in Thor's face. Or maybe it's teleportation, hmm?

That must be the first lesson they teach in clawed ninja school. This is true. I failed my first class at clawed ninja school and the class was "How to easily claw at Thor while being spun around at massive speeds or slammed constantly onto the ground."

I thought I got a C-, but they gave me an F. Originally posted by Starscream M
the exact length doesn't matter...its long enough to pose a significant danger to anyone trying to swing him.

clearly swinging logan is a brilliant way to neutralize logan, since sabretooth, hulk, omega red all have...oh wait, nm. Yes, because the length of Wolverine's arm + his 1 ft. long claws are much much longer than Mr. Hyde's arm. Except not.

psycho gundam
and logan also wears clothing with convenient parts for thor to grab and swing! thor can put bowling ball holes in wolverines back muscles with his grip

problem solved

Starscream M
Ah. I forget that Wolverine has an immunity to being grabbed and swung at light speeds. Among his mutant powers is the ability to impossibly contort his body when being grabbed and swung at speeds approaching C in order to somehow end up from having his foot in Thor's hand to having his clawz in Thor's face. Or maybe it's teleportation, hmm?

That must be the first lesson they teach in clawed ninja school. yeah because clearly when logan is being swung by thor at lightspeeds (because we all know thor can swing anything as fast as he swings mjolnir) it would be impossible for logan to extend his arm in a direction that would cut thor...since thor has the power to phase all parts of his body within range of logan's claws when he is swinging said canadian at lightspeed. clearly.

JakeTheBank
lol...yeah because logan can't just jump when thor smashes the ground...thereby avoiding the whole quake part laughing

dur

I dunno, maybe I underestimated the High Herald that is Wolverine.

I guess we can add "earthquake immunity" to Logan's powerset.

Battlehammer

That must be the first lesson they teach in clawed ninja school.
This is very true, however would he beable to spin wolverine before he got a slash of to the wrist which caused Thor to drop him? or would wolverine allow such a tactic to work, if he new he was fighting thor and not sabre-tooth? I not saying thor could not do this anyways, but are are a few factors to consider.

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor can put bowling ball holes in wolverines back muscles with his grip

problem solved and then how the hell would he be swinging him at this supposed lightspeed? you can't swing something you're gripping

you have to have a fulcrum point

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor can put bowling ball holes in wolverines back muscles with his grip

problem solved how is that different from when Lady D or sabretooth do that to him? also when has that bn a part of thor's CIS?

StiltmanFTW
Daredevil beat Hyde before. What are you talking about? I think Spiderman even ran through Hyde before.

Hyde was always a jobber.

I remember a comic in which Logan told Pete not to worry and let the police handle Hyde and Cobra laughing out loud Not sure if that was canon, but it was funny as hell...

psycho gundam
and then how the hell would he be swinging him at this supposed lightspeed? you can't swing something you're gripping

you have to have a fulcrum point grab his spine

Starscream M
dur

I dunno, maybe I underestimated the High Herald that is Wolverine.

I guess we can add "earthquake immunity" to Logan's powerset. clearly when a cl100 brick smashes the ground, everyone in nearby vicinity MUST buckle their legs and topple over because said people cannot use their normally enhanced reflexes and skills to time a simple jump to bypass said shockwave. clearly.

JakeTheBank
clearly when a cl100 brick smashes the ground, everyone in nearby vicinity MUST buckle their legs and topple over because said people cannot use their normally enhanced reflexes and skills to time a jump to bypass said shockwave. clearly.

Enhanced reflexes and skills > earthquakes.

Or more specifically, Logan > earthquakes.

We learned something here, today.

Starscream M
Enhanced reflexes and skills > earthquakes.

Or more specifically, Logan > earthquakes.

We learned something here, today. clearly, the momentary shockwave created by thor's fist smash on the ground now is equatable to an earthquake. clearly.

JakeTheBank
clearly, the momentary shockwave created by thor's fist smash on the ground now is equatable to an earthquake. clearly.

Clearly, Thor's massive strength and the fact he inherited Gaia's control over the earth < Logan. Clearly.

Battlehammer
clearly, the momentary shockwave created by thor's fist smash on the ground now is equatable to an earthquake. clearly.
to be honest thats not a stretch at all.

not that a shock wave from an earth quake should do any real damage to wolverine given what he regularly takes.

Original Smurph
yeah because clearly when logan is being swung by thor at lightspeeds (because we all know thor can swing anything as fast as he swings mjolnir) it would be impossible for logan to extend his arm in a direction that would cut thor...since thor has the power to phase all parts of his body within range of logan's claws when he is swinging said canadian at lightspeed. clearly. lawl lawl lawl

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=wolvie_thor4.jpg

Let's use the example of Thor grabbing Wolverine by the foot, since that's what was accomplished pretty easily right there.

Then let's take a look at the previous reasons listed detailing why Thor would likely swing or bash Wolverine.

So, given that Wolverine is now being swung (for the sake of discussion) at high speeds, knowing that Logan does not in fact have the ability to phase his ankle, how exactly do you propose that Logan would stab Thor? Or get his claws to any part of Thor's body?

Please, I'd like to hear you explain this. Does Wolverine have phasing, Mr. Fantastic-like body extension or Marrow's bone-claw growth? Is Logan secretly a teleporter? Or maybe he has X-23's foot claw?

I mean, really, any plausible explanation to convey how a man being swung at high speeds by his foot is supposed to attack somebody with a one-foot blade that is permanently attached to his forearm.

Draw a picture if it would help.

psycho gundam
clearly when a cl100 brick smashes the ground, everyone in nearby vicinity MUST buckle their legs and topple over because said people cannot use their normally enhanced reflexes and skills to time a simple jump to bypass said shockwave. clearly. buckle this:

qp6aZIhHiRE&feature

S1f6vbiuUt0&feature

StiltmanFTW
He doesn't have Mjolnir and it's pure melee, so I assume he can't use Gaia's tricks here...

OneDumbG0
clearly, the momentary shockwave created by thor's fist smash on the ground now is equatable to an earthquake. clearly. The notion that Thor's bare hands can affect catastrophic change upon the landscape is ridiculous:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength33338.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength41476.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength39WestCoastAvengers55.jpg

Just... just ridiculous.

psycho gundam
He doesn't have Mjolnir and it's pure melee, so I assume he can't use Gaia's tricks here... hint* mjolnir is just a tool in thor's hand

JakeTheBank
He doesn't have Mjolnir and it's pure melee, so I assume he can't use Gaia's tricks here...

How isn't using his physical strength to achieve a quake or chasm around the area not viable for him? He quaked away all of the Dark Avengers in Thor #600, and it's his obvious his physical strength is up to par to do against Logan.

srankmissingnin
Smashing the ground that hard would throw an ass ton of dust and debris into the air... which doesn't exactly strike me as an advantage Thor would want to give Wolverine in a melee fight. He'd be better off just forfeiting. evil face

carver9
The notion that Thor's bare hands can affect catastrophic change upon the landscape is ridiculous:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength33338.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength41476.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength39WestCoastAvengers55.jpg

Just... just ridiculous.

Hulk hands has done better, especially WWH hands and we seen how many hits it took him to drop Wolverine.

Wolverine is faster and has the tools to take Thor out.

The only thing you are doing One Dumb is ignoring on panel evidence.

Starscream M
The notion that Thor's bare hands can affect catastrophic change upon the landscape is ridiculous:

Just... just ridiculous. none of them shows thor smashing the ground with his fist and creating an earthquake...but they're all fairly impressive, except the second one.

JakeTheBank
facepalm

I find it utterly insane that this thread, and some posters, suggest that without Mjolnir or his other powers, Thor would lose to Wolverine in combat.

Original Smurph
lawl lawl lawl

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=wolvie_thor4.jpg

Let's use the example of Thor grabbing Wolverine by the foot, since that's what was accomplished pretty easily right there.

Then let's take a look at the previous reasons listed detailing why Thor would likely swing or bash Wolverine.

So, given that Wolverine is now being swung (for the sake of discussion) at high speeds, knowing that Logan does not in fact have the ability to phase his ankle, how exactly do you propose that Logan would stab Thor? Or get his claws to any part of Thor's body?

Please, I'd like to hear you explain this. Does Wolverine have phasing, Mr. Fantastic-like body extension or Marrow's bone-claw growth? Is Logan secretly a teleporter? Or maybe he has X-23's foot claw?

I mean, really, any plausible explanation to convey how a man being swung at high speeds by his foot is supposed to attack somebody with a one-foot blade that is permanently attached to his forearm.

Draw a picture if it would help.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>