Gladiator vs Wolverine - Pure Melee Combat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nicamarvin
No Fancy powers(like SuperSpeed).

No BFR.

Who wins?

........dance

carver9
Gladiator already crushed Wolverine without using any of his powers (besides strength).

Naija boy
Does no superspeed mean that Wolverines enhanced speed is also cancelled out or is it only gladiators?

Wild Shadow
wolverine still cant get passed his psionic durability....

carver9
Its kind of hard to use Gladiator since his powers is based off of his confidence. He has no limit when it comes to his strength.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Naija boy
Does that mean that Wolverines enhanced speed is also cancelled out or is it only gladiators? only Glads.... smokin'

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
wolverine still cant get passed his psionic durability.... Nah he aint Juggernaut..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wild Shadow
well if wolverine could get passed his durability logan would pawn him... gladiator would collapse at the 1st sight of his blood from a gut check.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
well if wolverine could get passed his durability logan would pawn him... gladiator would collapse at the 1st sight of his blood from a gut check. .... rock

Battlehammer
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator already crushed Wolverine without using any of his powers (besides strength).
When? you mean in new x-men? that fight happen off pannel, and from the looks of wolverine I think Glad. did uses his superspeed.

StiltmanFTW

Wasn't that off-panel? You can't say he did that without any other powers then. Logan is a fast healer. All we saw were bruises, but who knows... maybe he took a HV blast at the beginning of the fight, regenerated and then got beaten the old-fashioned way? You see my point?

carver9
Or Wolverine would get punched to the Core of the sun.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wasn't that off-panel? You can't say he did that without any other powers then. Logan is a fast healer. All we saw were bruises, but who knows... maybe he took a HV blast at the beginning of the fight, regenerated and then got beaten the old-fashioned way? You see my point?

Gotcha.

He still got wrecked though.

nicamarvin
Gotcha.

He still got wrecked though. well he was not dead.... cool and with this stips I see Wolverine 6/10

carver9
HHHMMM, didnt Havok say Gladiator fought the entire xmen line up and all of them fail to even put a scratch on him.

nicamarvin
HHHMMM, didnt Havok say Gladiator fought the entire xmen line up and all of them fail to even put a scratch on him. its Called PIS brother...... roll eyes (sarcastic) if there is a guys(beside other bricks) that could make Glads dought his strenght is Loga.... cool

carver9
Originally posted by nicamarvin
its Called PIS brother...... roll eyes (sarcastic) if there is a guys(beside other bricks) that could make Glads dought his strenght is Loga.... cool

Thats not PIS since, well, the statement is true. All of them failed to even injure him.

Battlehammer
HHHMMM, didnt Havok say Gladiator fought the entire xmen line up and all of them fail to even put a scratch on him.
not that I recall. Unless it was that what if and even then Wolverien foght him for 6 days straight.

carver9
Not a what if, it was said during "War of Kings"

Battlehammer
Not a what if, it was said during "War of Kings"
that would be hyperbole.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Battlehammer
that would be hyperbole. Like saying Juggs was 100 fold more powerful... confused

Battlehammer
Like saying Juggs was 100 fold more powerful... confused
what?

carver9
that would be hyperbole.

Why is that? Show me someone scratching or making him bleed from the xmen.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/gladiatorxmen.jpg

nicamarvin
what? well he was trashing thor so bad...thor said that..... eek!

Battlehammer
Why is that? Show me someone scratching or making him bleed from the xmen.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/gladiatorxmen.jpg
some me him fighting the entire x-mne line up with out being hurt at all. Simply becuase somethign is stated randomly does not make it so. It the same as taking spiderman saying sentry pwned galactus as evidence. It simply a statement made with no context given nor evidence of the event ever being shown.

carver9
some me him fighting the entire x-mne line up with out being hurt at all. Simply becuase somethign is stated randomly does not make it so. It the same as taking spiderman saying sentry pwned galactus as evidence. It simply a statement made with no context given nor evidence of the event ever being shown.

Its nothing hyperbolic about that statement since Gladiator faced the xmen numerous of times. Its just up for you to accept it.

JakeTheBank
Gladiator no expression

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Gladiator no expression

LOL

Mindset
Gladiator will rape him.

Btw, Gladiator would rape the X-men too, barring mental attacks. Not sure about his resistance.

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset
Gladiator will rape him.

Btw, Gladiator would rape the X-men too, barring mental attacks. Not sure about his resistance.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2394/50988699.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/i/71744606.jpg/

Mindset
I was more so talking about a psi-bolt or something like that.

Battlehammer
Its nothing hyperbolic about that statement since Gladiator faced the xmen numerous of times. Its just up for you to accept it.
he never beaten the entire x-men line up before with out getting hurt.

There a reason why it hyperbole. There no one pannel evidence to support him ever doing it, all there is, is this statement made about the event. Which is pretty much the deffinition of hyperbole.

it like trying to argue sentry beating galactus as a legitment feta based off statement made by spidy.

Battlehammer
Gladiator will rape him.

though I actually believe he beat the entire x-men team given what team it was, that statement no more then hyperbole with out context or on pannel showing.

Mindset
Sentry never beat Galactus, didn't Spiderman say he stalemated him?

Also Nate Grey was there, we don't know how hungry Galactus was, and Sentry has been steadily revealing himself to be a beast while still not being as strong as he used to be.

Battlehammer
Sentry never beat Galactus, didn't Spiderman say he stalemated him?

Also Nate Grey was there, we don't know how hungry Galactus was, and Sentry has been steadily revealing himself to be a beast while still not being as strong as he used to be.
Maybe he said stalemate I don't recall to be honest.

true, but we can't simply assume the event took place based off a random statement, with no on pannel evdience of it ever happening.

JakeTheBank
true, but we can't simply assume the event took place based off a random statement, with no on pannel evdience of it ever happening.

Except people will anyway, though.

Mindset
There's no reason to assume it didn't take place.

The panel evidence was Spiderman saying it happened.

Battlehammer
There's no reason to assume it didn't take place.

The panel evidence was Spiderman saying it happened.
There no reason to assume it did happen given how many rediculous statements people have made over the years, like spiderman saying not even thor could lift this, or wolverine stateing the second best fighter in the word is yuiko ect.

Thats not really on pannel evidence of it happening, that spiderman saying something and given his track record for redciulous comments, it means veyr little.

Hyperbole is a statement made with out the event ever being shown, which is just that statement about glads and spidermans statement about sentry. It statements made, but not backed by any on pannel evidence of the event transpiring.

psycho gundam
this is stupid

Battlehammer
though on a side note gladeator wins.

carver9
There no reason to assume it did happen given how many rediculous statements people have made over the years, like spiderman saying not even thor could lift this, or wolverine stateing the second best fighter in the word is yuiko ect.

Thats not really on pannel evidence of it happening, that spiderman saying something and given his track record for redciulous comments, it means veyr little.

Hyperbole is a statement made with out the event ever being shown, which is just that statement about glads and spidermans statement about sentry. It statements made, but not backed by any on pannel evidence of the event transpiring.

But Glads have the durability to back his statement up.

And then we have Cyclops saying this statement.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7003/82709674rp3.jpg

Battlehammer
But Glads have the durability to back his statement up.

And then we have Cyclops saying this statement.

except he has no on pannel evidence of the event taking place............

again that statement has nothing to do with what were debating. It jsut scot giving glads propers whoopy.

Mindset

Hyperbole is a statement made with out the event ever being shown, which is just that statement about glads and spidermans statement about sentry. It statements made, but not backed by any on pannel evidence of the event transpiring. There's a clear difference from recalling a past event, and making a judgment about someone's abilities that are not your own. In fact, the two are not even comparable.

You can't logically come up with a reason that Spiderman's statement is false. We know that Sentry fought Galactus, it has been addressed in 2 different comics.

Also, I don't think you know what the word hyperbole means.

carver9
except he has no on pannel evidence of the event taking place............

again that statement has nothing to do with what were debating. It jsut scot giving glads propers whoopy.

So Scott saying that Gladiator is Invulnerable is a compliment. He must called him Invulnerable for a reason.

StiltmanFTW
though on a side note gladeator wins.

Elaborate.

I'm just curious what makes you think he wins, apparently you're not impressed with his invulnerability level (?)

Battlehammer
There's a clear difference from recalling a past event, and making a judgment about someone's abilities that are not your own. In fact, the two are not even comparable.

You can't logically come up with a reason that Spiderman's statement is false. We know that Sentry fought Galactus, it has been addressed in 2 different comics.

Also, I don't think you know what the word hyperbole means.
Wolverine stated he the best fighter on the planet.......clearly he must be right? I mean it about his own abilities.

You can't show me evidence of the fight ever beeing shown on pannel. all we have are statements. Because some one says that glads, beat the entire x-men team with out being scratched were to assume that evidence in debates? So by the same logic we should take wolverine word that he the best fighter on the planet. I mean he stated it, and it was about his own abilities no less.

perhaps I don't, perhaps I do.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Elaborate.

I'm just curious what makes you think he wins, apparently you're not impressed with his invulnerability level (?)

Oh I am impressed, I just dislike when people try and uses statements made that were never shown as evidence. It not even that I don't believe glads could do it, it the fact that it never been shown and to uses a random statement as evidence in a forum match seem rediculous to me.

carver9
Wolverine stated he the best fighter on the planet.......clearly he must be right? I mean it about his own abilities.

You can't show me evidence of the fight ever beeing shown on pannel. all we have are statements. Because some one says that glads, beat the entire x-men team with out being scratched were to assume that evidence in debates? So by the same logic we should take wolverine word that he the best fighter on the planet. I mean he stated it, and it was about his own abilities no less.

perhaps I don't, perhaps I do.

Scott just said the same thing.

Why would two people from the xmen call him invulnerable if they can scratch or cause him harm? Is that two hyperbole statements battlehammer?

Battlehammer
So Scott saying that Gladiator is Invulnerable is a compliment. He must called him Invulnerable for a reason.
Luke been called unbreakable numerous times and he far from it......

there are levels of invulnerability especially when ones powers comes from there emotional state.

carver9
Oh I am impressed, I just dislike when people try and uses statements made that were never shown as evidence. It not even that I don't believe glads could do it, it the fact that it never been shown and to uses a random statement as evidence in a forum match seem rediculous to me.

Who on the xmen can hurt him?

Battlehammer
Scott just said the same thing.

Why would two people from the xmen call him invulnerable if they can scratch or cause him harm? Is that two hyperbole statements battlehammer?
thats funny because thats the same issue if not mistaken were cannonball does hurt him with a punch, and even causes glad to second guess him self.

Battlehammer
Who on the xmen can hurt him?
depending on the line up. pheniox could easily hurt him.

emma could pull a nova and mind rape him into lowering his confidence and simply have colossus beat on him.

profx could do similar ect.

carver9
thats funny because thats the same issue if not mistaken were cannonball does hurt him with a punch, and even causes glad to second guess him self.

Wrong, thats not the same issue and Cannonball didnt do anything to Glads except absorb his punch and knock him a couple of feat with Gladiators own strength. Gladiator didnt have a scratch or showed no sign of pain in that entire fight and you do know that Gladiator was toying with Cannonball right (he even stated it during the fight)?

Mindset

perhaps I don't, perhaps I do. Ok, I thought you'd be able to reason this out for yourself, but anyway.

Wolverine stating something about himself without any proof that collobrates his claim, is a hyperbole, especially when there's evidence to the contrary. Spiderman recounting something that happened in the past, not a hyperbole.

The evidence that the fight happened is the fact that it has been referenced multiple times. You keep trying to compare instances that have no relationship. Which might be the reason you keep using the word hyperbole incorrectly. I'm not talking about the X-men/Glads discussion.

You don't.

Battlehammer
Wrong, thats not the same issue and Cannonball didnt do anything to Glads except absorb his punch and knock him a couple of feat with Gladiators own strength. Gladiator didnt have a scratch or showed no sign of pain in that entire fight and you do know that Gladiator was toying with Cannonball right (he even stated it during the fight)?
then he got worried when cannon ball smashed him, and caused glads to loses confidence in himself.

nicamarvin
Wrong, thats not the same issue and Cannonball didnt do anything to Glads except absorb his punch and knock him a couple of feat with Gladiators own strength. Gladiator didnt have a scratch or showed no sign of pain in that entire fight and you do know that Gladiator was toying with Cannonball right (he even stated it during the fight)? you are given this guy too much credit..His durability is top tier class nothing more, just like supes, thor...he aint on juggernaut class... smokin'

StiltmanFTW

I see.

carver9
depending on the line up. pheniox could easily hurt him.

emma could pull a nova and mind rape him into lowering his confidence and simply have colossus beat on him.

profx could do similar ect.

Are you talking about Rachel phoenix who got one shotted?

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5052/52420613mg3.jpg
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6796/77372460ou2.jpg

Yet again

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2844/71744606.jpg

Then the rest of the xmen

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8125/65500345.jpg

Show me that scratch BattleHammer

Battlehammer

The evidence that the fight happened is the fact that it has been referenced multiple times. You keep trying to compare instances that have no relationship. Which might be the reason you keep using the word hyperbole incorrectly. I'm not talking about the X-men/Glads discussion.

Thats what I am talking about. I don't even care about the sentry thing, if it was refferenced many times then I guess it fine I would not know I only seen it refferenced onces I don't read dark x-men which is were I assume it was refferenced since thats were nate gray was and it was simply a statement to prove a point, which in hind sight was a bad example. I dont even think it could not happen. My only problem is using a single statement made, were there is no evidences shown of the context nor the fight taking place at all as evidence.

Mindset
Hyperbole: I am the smartest and most handsome person who has ever lived.

Not hyperbole: I am the smartest and most handsome person alive.

nicamarvin
Hyperbole: I am the smartest and most handsome person who has ever lived.

Not hyperbole: Nica is the smartest and most handsome person alive. .......FIXED...... smokin'

carver9
you are given this guy too much credit..His durability is top tier class nothing more, just like supes, thor...he aint on juggernaut class... smokin' That

You think so......

You see this blast, read the scan. It was so powerful it could have destroyed the solar system. Gladiator was hit point blank by this blast in the face. He contain it (while being in the heart of the blast) and didnt even feel it.

The blast was so powerful that after he contained it, it created another star (he survived a solar system destroying blast).

http://img267.imageshack.us/i/wtfshipmh5.jpg/
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3673/wtfship2tj8.jpg

In that second scan that is Gladiator flying to earth at 100 times the speed of light. Here he is as soon as he hit earth. Dont have a scratch on him.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/5241/51179916nx5.jpg

Mindset
.......FIXED...... smokin' Shut up, ugly. cool

carver9
Thats what I am talking about. I don't even care about the sentry thing, if it was refferenced many times then I guess it fine I would not know I only seen it refferenced onces I don't read dark x-men which is were I assume it was refferenced since thats were nate gray was and it was simply a statement to prove a point, which in hind sight was a bad example. I dont even think it could not happen. My only problem is using a single statement made, were there is no evidences shown of the context nor the fight taking place at all as evidence.

Its not Hyperbole and the proof is on you. Show me an xman harming him, causing physical damage.

nicamarvin
Shut up, ugly. cool ....baby

Battlehammer
Are you talking about Rachel phoenix who got one shotted?

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5052/52420613mg3.jpg
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6796/77372460ou2.jpg

Yet again

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2844/71744606.jpg

Then the rest of the xmen

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8125/65500345.jpg

Show me that scratch BattleHammer
Again I think you miss my point. i never was debating that glads could not do it, my point was making a using a random statement with no context given or on pannel evidence of the event happening.

It has nothing to do with him being able to or not, honestly he could rpae most teams of x-men, my problem was using a random statement as evidence. however giving evidence of him raping a team of x-men by himself which ypu pretty much did with out taking damage proves it right.

I seen thoses scans they are nice, and the issue them self were meh, but thats another story in it self. But I was refferring to jean grey. Glad has been hurt before on a side note.

carver9
That

You think so......

You see this blast, read the scan. It was so powerful it could have destroyed the solar system. Gladiator was hit point blank by this blast in the face. He contain it (while being in the heart of the blast) and didnt even feel it.

The blast was so powerful that after he contained it, it created another star (he survived a solar system destroying blast).

http://img267.imageshack.us/i/wtfshipmh5.jpg/
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3673/wtfship2tj8.jpg

In that second scan that is Gladiator flying to earth at 100 times the speed of light. Here he is as soon as he hit earth. Dont have a scratch on him.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/5241/51179916nx5.jpg

I fixed the scan, wrong scan for the first one.

carver9
Again I think you miss my point. i never was debating that glads could not do it, my point was making a using a random statement with no context given or on pannel evidence of the event happening.

It has nothing to do with him being able to or not, honestly he could rpae most teams of x-men, my problem was using a random statement as evidence.

I seen thoses scans they are nice, and the issue them self were meh, but thats another story in it self. But I was refferring to jean grey.

Are you talking about the Phoenix Force or are you talking about regular ole Jean Grey because the phoenix is equal to Galactus so yeah, of course she can hurt him.

I dont even consider the Phoenix as an xmen.

Battlehammer
Are you talking about the Phoenix Force or are you talking about regular ole Jean Grey because the phoenix is equal to Galactus so yeah, of course she can hurt him.

I dont even consider the Phoenix as an xmen.
phoenix force. I consider her one since she and jean are pretty much one in the same prior to her death.

I aplogies as well I should have made my arguement more clear. I neevr had a problem with glads, doing it, I had a problem with using a random statement with no context as evidence. Though the scnas provided after the fact were more then enough. I was beign stupid and debating semantic's and I aplogies.

carver9
phoenix force. I consider her one since she and jean are pretty much one in the same prior to her death.

I aplogies as well I should have made my arguement more clear. I neevr had a problem with glads, doing it, I had a problem with using a random statement with no context as evidence. Though the scnas provided after the fact were more then enough. I was beign stupid and debating semantic's and I aplogies.

No prob Battle, you are always cool with me. Happy Dance

psycho gundam
....baby are you insinuating you'd fallate mindset?

Mindset
Isn't that what all his posts are about?

Wimjet
as much as i love Wolverine i dont think he could phisically hurt Glad. he would have to hurt his confidance first and they maybe he would be able to do something. and wolverine is pretty good at messing with peoples heads.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Wimjet
as much as i love Wolverine i dont think he could phisically hurt Glad. he would have to hurt his confidance first and they maybe he would be able to do something. and wolverine is pretty good at messing with peoples heads.
It unlikely though, very unlikely. Gladiator knows him well and respect him to much to fall for some mind tricks, and has witnessed wolverine take out more imperial elite guards then any force in the galaxies has ever accomplished and the person who put him down after running through a lot of the imperial elite guard was Gladiator himself.

Wimjet
It unlikely though, very unlikely. Gladiator knows him well and respect him to much to fall for some mind tricks, and has witnessed wolverine take out more imperial elite guards then any force in the galaxies has ever accomplished and the person who put him down after running through a lot of the imperial elite guard was Gladiator himself.

good point smile

Mindset
It unlikely though, very unlikely. Gladiator knows him well and respect him to much to fall for some mind tricks, and has witnessed wolverine take out more imperial elite guards then any force in the galaxies has ever accomplished and the person who put him down after running through a lot of the imperial elite guard was Gladiator himself. Wolverine taking out more elite guards than any force in the galaxies isn't hyperbole to you?

KuRuPT Thanosi
OMG Carver can wank two people in one thread... this is his lucky day.. Although... if made to choose his head might explode

carver9
LOL, not wanking, just proving my point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.