thor vs thing (thor is without mjonir - and weather powers are not allowed)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
they fight smile

nicamarvin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
they fight smile in before close.... Happy Dance

psycho gundam
shut up smokin'

Starscream M
thor. but its a close fight, and ben can win 2/10.

JakeTheBank
"It's clobberi-"

"I say thee, nay!"

Thor wins.

/thread

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Starscream M
thor. but its a close fight, and ben can win 2/10. ... erm

psycho gundam
2 huh

Starscream M
2 huh i could see ben smashing the sh1t outta thor and pulling out a win or two

Wild Shadow
thing gives him his best grabbling fight of his life but thor manages to pound thing ftw..

7/10

Galan007
Thor would stuff Thing up his own ass. It's possible. uhuh

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Galan007
Thor would stuff Thing up his own ass. It's possible. uhuh its possible...But he aint Gay..... sick

StiltmanFTW
i could see ben smashing the sh1t outta thor and pulling out a win or two

You mean like this? angel

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThing07.jpg
props to OneDumb

*runs away*

psycho gundam
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You mean like this? angel

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThing07.jpg
props to OneDumb

*runs away* thor cannibalizes him in the next scan page huh?

StiltmanFTW
thor cannibalizes him in the next scan page huh?

With the help of Sif, yes.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
With the help of Sif, yes. don't remember this for some reason.... something tells me sif wasn't that helpful though, unless she was used as a bat.

i can find the issue just based on thor's costume.

celeyhyga17
erm it's almost a stomp....

Battlehammer
Thor still have the edge in ever area and is most likely more skilled, though I would think in h2h the skill level would be far closer. There no way Thing could win this. It like fighting Hulk except the hulk is a smart and tactical opponent.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Thor still have the edge in ever area and is most likely more skilled, though I would think in h2h the skill level would be far closer. There no way Thing could win this. It like fighting Hulk except the hulk is a smart and tactical opponent.

QFT

Konton
Thor 10/10

This is just like how Diana/Thing would end.

carver9
Thor 10/10

Warlord
thor

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Thor still have the edge in ever area and is most likely more skilled, though I would think in h2h the skill level would be far closer. There no way Thing could win this. It like fighting Hulk except the hulk is a smart and tactical opponent. its not like fighting hulk at all

thor doesn't get stronger and more durable. also thor doesn't have hulk's insane hf.

fighting thor h2h is far easier than fighting hulk.

Warlord
let's see...
Thor is stronger than base Hulk more durable and more skilled.
However Hulk's strength is constantly raising surpassing that of Thor eventually his HF more than compensates for his lower durability and he has unlimited stamina.

So yeah fighting Hulk h2h would be tougher but still Thor is far above Thing. I can see ben taking 1-2 if Thor underestimates him

Mshinu
Thing will get in a few good licks but he goes down every time.

By the way, who is the weakest character that has KO`d Thor? Not counting Taskmaster... wink

Warlord
Taskmaster huh?
I'm gonna track u down and kick your ass....wink
I think it has to be Mantis but it wasn't a fight and she could do it to almost anyone IMO

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
Thor would stuff Thing up his own ass. It's possible. uhuh Thor does seem to be the type who likes to stuff Thing(s) into his ass.

Blanket
Originally posted by Mshinu
Thing will get in a few good licks but he goes down every time.

By the way, who is the weakest character that has KO`d Thor? Not counting Taskmaster... wink Mantis

And Taskmaster never KO'ed him...

Naija boy
thor. but its a close fight, and ben can win 2/10.

U must b joking. THor 10/10 easy.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
U must b joking. nope

Blanket
Why does Thing win two fights Brucey?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Blanket
Why does Thing win two fights Brucey? because I think without mjolnir and his energy powers, thor is basically a hulk without strength amping ability nor hf

thing has held his own against hulk...he could def beat thor 2 or 3 times outta 10

Blanket
because I think without mjolnir and his energy powers, thor is basically a hulk without strength amping ability nor hf

thing has held his own against hulk...he could def beat thor 2 or 3 times outta 10 Going by this... when has Thing beat the Hulk... or came close for that matter?

Starscream M
Going by this... when has Thing beat the Hulk... or came close for that matter? never said thing has beaten hulk...and thing can't. hulk's hf is too much and he only gets stronger.

my whole point is that thor without his powers is alot inferior to hulk...since his hf is nowhere as good, and he won't get stronger like hulk.

Blanket
never said thing has beaten hulk...and thing can't. hulk's hf is too much and he only gets stronger.

my whole point is that thor without his powers is alot inferior to hulk...since his hf is nowhere as good, and he won't get stronger like hulk. But Thing has never even came close to beating Hulk. It seems like a faulty thing to use as a comparison.

Except he's faster, with better skills, better durability, and starts off stronger. Not to mention he's done fairly well against Hulk using strength...

Starscream M
But Thing has never even came close to beating Hulk. It seems like a faulty thing to use as a comparison.

Except he's faster, with better skills, better durability, and starts off stronger. Not to mention he's done fairly well against Hulk using strength... thor's done well using strength against hulk in the past...I think more recent depictions have thor dominating him when its just mano a mano

thor is faster than thing by a small margin

i would personally say thing is more skilled at a pure slugfest than thor...but again i dont think skill is a big difference here

durability - thor's had more low showings than thing.

Rage.Of.Olympus
They've had three fights as I know. The first fight Thor was significantly weakened yet still stalemated him. In the second fight Thor was controlled by Puppet Master and Thing held his own. Although it should be noted that the Thing himself admitted that Thor should easily defeat him yet he was holding his own no problem. He realized that Thor was fighting Puppet Master's control mentally and did not want to engage the Thing hence Thing doing so well. In their third fight Thor held back pretty significantly as Thing was in a Berserker's Rage and Thor was not hitting him hard enough to hurt him (It was noted it when the Thing was not really shaken by a Mjolnir throw.).

Thor wins this. Thing would do about as well as he does against the Hulk if Thor fights like nothing more than a brute but Thor can pretty much decimate him pretty easily if he wanted to.

For what it's worth, during the Kree-Skrull war Thor easily beat the Thing version when they fought Skrull doppelgangers. Why I think it's something to note is because through the use of technology they were able to match the Fantastic Four for power. He had Thing level strength etc.

Blanket
thor's done well using strength against hulk in the past...I think more recent depictions have thor dominating him when its just mano a mano

i would personally say thing is more skilled at a pure slugfest than thor...but again i dont think skill is a big difference here

durability - thor's had more low showings than thing. K. Thor dominates Hulk 'mano a mano' recently, but Thing takes two wins.

Big margin.

Personally, I'd say you're basing this on nothing.

Like what?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

For what it's worth, during the Kree-Skrull war Thor easily beat the Thing version when they fought Skrull doppelgangers. Why I think it's something to note is because through the use of technology they were able to match the Fantastic Four for power. He had Thing level strength etc. thats completely asinine, just as it would be worthless for someone to claim beating clor is reason for beating thor

Starscream M
K. Thor dominates Hulk 'mano a mano' recently, but Thing takes two wins.

Big margin.

Personally, I'd say you're basing this on nothing.

Like what? Im basing thing being more skilled by the fact that he is trained only in slugfest, whereas thor uses a multifaceted fighting style. a slugfest plays to thing's strength.

thor is much more easily pierced.

Rage.Of.Olympus
thor's done well using strength against hulk in the past...I think more recent depictions have thor dominating him when its just mano a mano

durability - thor's had more low showings than thing.

Their last fight was like in 2003 before Hulk: Let the Battle Begin. Not that long ago. And I got in touch with the writer. If you ever want to see what he said just ask.

In their first fight, Thing was shocked as to how Thor was able to dodge his first blow. Unfortunately Thor went on the offensive afterward and the Thing was able to nail him. The Thing is pretty dam fast. Faster than he has any right to be. He has even said as much.

And your personal opinion is obviously skewed.

Should I try and find low showings for the Thing?

batdude123
K. Thor dominates Hulk 'mano a mano' recently

Que?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
And I got in touch with the writer. If you ever want to see what he said just ask.
no thanks.

where've you been?

I've missed your fanboy rantings erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
thats completely asinine, just as it would be worthless for someone to claim beating clor is reason for beating thor

Except Clor doesn't have the ability to match Thor's powers and I never claimed that it was a reason worth giving Thor the win over the Thing.

Reading. IT'S IMPORTANT.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Im basing thing being more skilled by the fact that he is trained only in slugfest, whereas thor uses a multifaceted fighting style. a slugfest plays to thing's strength.

thor is much more easily pierced.

Multifaceted? In a hand to hand fight, slugging it out is Thor's thing and his superior to the Thing in that regard pretty clearly.

Proof? I mean even going by a low showing such as his Wolverine fight, you would come to the conclusion Thor is harder to cut or pierce. Wolverine has cut through the Thing like a hot knife through butter as far as I know. Heck, didn't a slash to the Thing's face leave him scarred pretty badly? He had to be healed by outside forces as I recall. A slash to Thor's face left minor paper cuts.

Rage.Of.Olympus
no thanks.

where've you been?

I've missed your fanboy rantings erm

Not surprised.

Heh.

Blanket
Im basing thing being more skilled by the fact that he is trained only in slugfest, whereas thor uses a multifaceted fighting style. a slugfest plays to thing's strength.

thor is much more easily pierced. So... nothing then?

Originally posted by batdude123
Que? It's what Brucey says. srug

celeyhyga17
Thor takes this easily...

I'll give Thing 1 out of 10 cause he's a nice guy.
It's basically a stomp.

Thor >>>> Thing - dur, str, sta, skl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.