Transformers 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Well, it's coming.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399103/

Thoughts?

I couldn't find a thread on this. If this is a dupe, delete this thread or merge.

KingD19
Why the hell is Silverbolt in the movie? I could swear this was Transformers, not Beast Wars.

Rogue Jedi
Who is Silverbolt?

KingD19
He was an Aerialbot in the original TF cartoon, and a wolf/eagle hybrid in Beast Wars. I just remembered he was a TF first, so my anger is gone.

KingD19
http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/1/14/Silverboltfuzor.jpg - BW Silverbolt

TF Silverbolt - http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/d/d4/G1_Silverbolt_cartoon.jpg

Rogue Jedi
DVD it, RJ.

Impediment
It'll suck.

I really dislike Bayformers.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Thoughts? Not really caring right now. Iron Man looks good. Doubt they'll recover from ROTF. Anyway, most of us on here posted what was wrong with it in the "ROTF Review" thread in the TFs forum. For a third, I'd expect those problems to be corrected.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Martin
For a third, I'd expect those problems to be corrected.

Keep dreaming...

Ms.Marvel
RotF made more money than the first movie did... so why would they want to fix any errors in it?

itll make tons of money as long as stuff explodes and megan fox is in it and guys are horny. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nemesis X
It surprises me that things made for little kids are now aiming at mature audiences. Right from the swearing robots to the robo humping on Megan Fox's leg. I wonder what they got in store for part 3.

xJLxKing
Bigger robot? lol

But seriously, what Ms. Marvel said. As long as you feed the crowd, you are a success

roughrider
Well, it's coming.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399103/

Thoughts?

I couldn't find a thread on this. If this is a dupe, delete this thread or merge.

Thread?

There is a big Transformers forum of it's own, down below. You'll find discussion in there.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
It surprises me that things made for little kids are now aiming at mature audiences. .

Little kids?.......wow what a small view you've got.

jinXed by JaNx
Second movie was a frackin atrocity. It was an insult to my brain and a complete waste of my time. I expect transformers 3 to be the beacon that sets off the signal which starts the apocalypse. Truthfully, i seriously believe that Transformers 3 is going to be so bad that it will become responsible for the death of every man woman and child in the universe. That's how much horse shit, and silly goofball mythology i expect to come from this next piece of crap.

With that said, i didn't mind the first one.

there is only one Transformers movie though...,"You got the touch"

xJLxKing
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Second movie was a frackin atrocity. It was an insult to my brain and a complete waste of my time. I expect transformers 3 to be the beacon that sets off the signal which starts the apocalypse. Truthfully, i seriously believe that Transformers 3 is going to be so bad that it will become responsible for the death of every man woman and child in the universe. That's how much horse shit, and silly goofball mythology i expect to come from this next piece of crap.

With that said, i didn't mind the first one.

there is only one Transformers movie though...,"You got the touch"
I sense some hatred coming from you stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
i will see this

Tired-Hiker
Originally posted by Nemesis X
It surprises me that things made for little kids are now aiming at mature audiences. Right from the swearing robots to the robo humping on Megan Fox's leg. I wonder what they got in store for part 3. It's not that surprising since the little kids these things were made for have grown up to in fact become the mature audience the movies are targeting.

Rogue Jedi
You guys can ***** and moan all you want, but the directors/producers are doing the same thing we would do in their place. Make the TF movies to make money.

Ms.Marvel
apparently not, considering people deliberately make movies with the intention of having only limited releases. making lots of money isnt everything. for some people making movies is an art... and they have pride in it. if i was making a movie id certaintly want to get paid for it but i wouldnt deliberately cater to the masses like some circus animal... which is all michael bay does. ever. he caters to guys who think with their dicks.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
It's not that surprising since the little kids these things were made for have grown up to in fact become the mature audience the movies are targeting.

Unless you count the new animated series then the kids part still applies.

Scythe
This should go in the TF's forum, I think. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it. John Malkovich and Frances McDormand have signed on.

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b172823_john_malkovich_frances_mcdormand_ready.html

The Autobots are also getting a Ferrari 458 Italia on their team.

Also, it looks like Bay isn't really liking 3D.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_big_picture/2010/03/michael-bay-on-3d-conversion-right-now-it-looks-like-fake-3d.html

Rogue Jedi
It's a movie, this is the movie forum.

Darth Martin
You guys can ***** and moan all you want, but the directors/producers are doing the same thing we would do in their place. Make the TF movies to make money. Considering it will make money however way you do it, why not make it correctly?

dadudemon
I liked the first one, a lot. Gave it a 9.

I liked the second one, quite a bit. Gave it a solid 8.

I hope they keep the 3rd one similar to the first two, and I wouldn't mind if they cleaned up some of the mistakes (placement of various things between successive shots, facts, etc.)

I've enjoyed the stories, the action, the effects, and the humor. It ain't really broke, cept for the factual and rookie writing/directing/editing errors.

Still, I will probably love the 3rd.

Rogue Jedi
I'll get bashed for this, but I thought 2 was awesome.

roughrider
It's a movie, this is the movie forum.

The reason it has it's own forum, is to make room for others threads/movies that don't.

MildPossession
Everything this man said. I also don't want to see any more men wearing thongs or whatever the hell it was.

Why are McDormand, and Malkovich doing this movie... if official.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by roughrider
The reason it has it's own forum, is to make room for others threads/movies that don't. Details?

MildPossession
Does it matter, I thought all the film sections were going to be merged soon. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

SnakeEyes
I am so, so sick of this franchise.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by MildPossession
Does it matter, I thought all the film sections were going to be merged soon. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

All movie forums merging into one? confused

Alpha Centauri
You guys can ***** and moan all you want, but the directors/producers are doing the same thing we would do in their place. Make the TF movies to make money.

Speaking for yourself is always good, not so much for others.

Anyway, I liked the first two when I saw them in cinemas. As time has gone on, I've noticed every flaw and it's just unpassable.

Besides the opening scene in 2 and the forest fight, it's actually quite garbage. Not because they're Bayformers, just cinematically.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Speaking for yourself is always good, not so much for others.

Anyway, I liked the first two when I saw them in cinemas. As time has gone on, I've noticed every flaw and it's just unpassable.

Besides the opening scene in 2 and the forest fight, it's actually quite garbage. Not because they're Bayformers, just cinematically.

-AC Just saying, making money is their top priority. And one of us would not be in their position if we didn't have the same mindset.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I am so, so sick of this franchise.

So you don't like anything to do with Transformers excluding the Bay movies?

SnakeEyes
Not really. I liked "Beast Wars" as a kid but that's about it.

But yes, mainly I'm complaining about the Bay films; they're god awful.

Scythe
I'm hoping that the Bay movies put TF's in the spotlight for an epic reboot. I'd love to see a TF movie that takes place 100% on Cybertron before the war, which then leads to it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Scythe
I'm hoping that the Bay movies put TF's in the spotlight for an epic reboot. I'd love to see a TF movie that takes place 100% on Cybertron before the war, which then leads to it. So is Silverbolt an original TF character or not? Bit confused here.

Scythe
So is Silverbolt an original TF character or not? Bit confused here.

Goddamn it. Silverbolt was the leader of the Aerialbots who got together with his other air plane buddies to form Superion. Here's a link with some info on him.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Silverbolt_%28G1%29

Over the years he's been made into a beastie after the 86 toon sorta ended in America. Yes, he's a G1 original character that's been around for awhile. It's just that, with every TF incarnation/update we get, sometimes names are re-used.

Also, this pic of Silverbolt and Optimus is so goddamn badass.

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/c/cc/SilverboltPrimeVisualworks.jpg

Alpha Centauri
Goddamn it. Silverbolt was the leader of the Aerialbots who got together with his other air plane buddies to form Superion. Here's a link with some info on him.

Over the years he's been made into a beastie after the 86 toon sorta ended in America. Yes, he's a G1 original character that's been around for awhile. It's just that, with every TF incarnation/update we get, sometimes names are re-used.

Bandwagonners, eh?

Whatcha gonna do?

-AC

roughrider
Details?

Details?....I'm stating the obvious.
People don't bother to start threads in here for Star Wars (if they do, they get closed down), because there's a forum for Star Wars on its own. Same goes for Batman, Spider Man, Superman, X-Men - and Transformers.

MildPossession
...I hope they get back Steve Jablonsky for the film music, the first movie's score was fantastic, second wasn't so memorable, hopefully back on top form for the third...

Scythe
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Bandwagonners, eh?

Whatcha gonna do?

-AC

I wouldn't know, so not a thing.

Rogue Jedi

Good stuff, thanks. Yeah, badass indeed.

Impediment
I own neither of the dvd's of Bayformers.

Both films were atrocious. Utter dreck.

Peter Cullen was the only saving grace, but not enough grace, IMO.

Impediment
I have half a mind to move this to the Transformers Forum.

Rogue Jedi
Probably should.

marwash22
XnozvCsnUIU&feature=player_embedded

Scythe
Originally posted by Impediment
I have half a mind to move this to the Transformers Forum.

There's one already there, merge them?

super pr*xy
Originally posted by marwash22

kewl..

Mr. Rhythmic
Well, that looks shit.

RE: Blaxican
Oh god...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by marwash22

saw it earlier tonight.. doesn't look too bad

Nephthys
facepalm2

johnclay

Kazenji
Ya think?

Sadako of Girth
Even though they are referencing the Ark, "too little, too late" springs to mind.

I predict that this will be better than ROTF (How could it NOT be), but still really shit.

General_Iroh
Yeah should be better than the last, Bay admitted that the twins were shit. Kind of wondering what the transformer is in the trailer though =/

RE: Blaxican
It's going to be a shit movie because the entire time I'm going to be thinking, "wow, where's... that one female lead that they've been building up for the last two movies"?

It's kind of like, if George Lucas had fired Princess Leia after the Empire Strikes Back.

marwash22
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
It's going to be a shit movie because the entire time I'm going to be thinking, "wow, where's... that one female lead that they've been building up for the last two movies"?

It's kind of like, if George Lucas had fired Princess Leia after the Empire Strikes Back. or, like if he had made it so that Luke and Leia were sister and brother... now THAT would be shitty. roll eyes (sarcastic)

K.Diddy
beer I found the 1st movie bearable, The 2nd was just 3 hrs of wasted time,and I will probably see this one for the sake of it,but once again,I will be expecting to be bored.

General_Iroh
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

It's kind of like, if George Lucas had fired Princess Leia after the Empire Strikes Back.
The absence of Megan Fox can hardly harm this film, maybe they'll focus less on teenage angst and more on the actual transformers.
And by the way, I can't believe you compared princess leia to Megan Fox's unmemorable idiotic cardboard box of a character.

The Nuul
Sam has moved on in his life and away from Fox's character. Fox's character is just some GF and thats it. They come and go. Leia has a way more important role to play in all of SW and you just cant simply replace a Princess.

aaronbrendy

Sadako of Girth
Summer 2011. (not 2010)
Glad you enjoyed it though.

Kazenji
Like to know where these people keep their time machine.

Sadako of Girth
Yup. Im kinda bored tonight, wouldnt mind watching that myself this summer...but yesterday....? embarrasment

maximus395
well it can be considered art but the majority of the people in hollywood are just out for money...but I do agree that some movies are above just box office film prices.

jhonyblack

Darth Venom
new shockwave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Y8517km8Y

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
Sam has moved on in his life and away from Fox's character. Fox's character is just some GF and thats it. They come and go. Leia has a way more important role to play in all of SW and you just cant simply replace a Princess.

You'd think that saving the entire human race from annihilation together and Sam dying and coming back to life would act as some sort of bonding experience that would last the test of time. Go figure.

randypaul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.