Wolverine, Sabertooth and Omega Red vs Iron Fist, Fat Cobra and Davos (Steel Serpent)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dmills
Sabes without adamantium. Battle takes place on a shield helicarrier. Bloodlust is on. KO, kill or bfr.

Go!

Wei Phoenix
OMEGA DESTROYER!

JakeTheBank
Tornado Claw?

Wei Phoenix
Birdie!

Q99
Omega Red is the real problem, the trio of Immortal Weapons are in danger from the death spores, plus he's just plum hard to hurt.

dmills
I'm thinking the fact that both Davos and Fat Cobra are immortal will at least offer some high resistance to Reds spores.

dmills
Hell, even Orson Randall displayed immunity to poisonous gases.

Q99
They don't have rapid healing factors, though, just slower chi-healing. Heavenly City immortality just means you don't age, and death spores are a lot more dangerous than most poison gasses.

They probably have some resistance thanks to chi, but not nearly as much as the likes of Logan does.

dmills
Well we know that Danny's chi now automatically cleanses harmful substances from his body without him even trying. We've also have seen him take 30 times more radiation then a normal man can take, as well as heal himself of cancer, even back when he was nowhere near as powerful as he is now. I think it's safe to assume his chi can offer bim a great degree of resistance from Red's death spores.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by dmills
I'm thinking the fact that both Davos and Fat Cobra are immortal will at least offer some high resistance to Reds spores.
I am sorry, but you would assume have some unnatural resistance again Red was no others have shown such, but becuase there tittles we just assume they do?

also if that came out harsh my bad.

Battlehammer
Well we know that Danny's chi now automatically cleanses harmful substances from his body without him even trying.
Based on what? If you are talking about when he was mediating randomly and it happens is not the same as constant abilities.

We've also have seen him take 30 times more radiation then a normal man can take, as well as heal himself of cancer,
I hope you don't mean the train feat.......

when did he heal from cancer? Not that it really relevant to death spores really, but I wonder if I seen that event.

even back when he was nowhere near as powerful as he is now.
I not even sure he all that more powerful in what he can do, it more the fact he has far more energy in reserve so that he does not get drained like he did in the past from to many high level moves.

I think it's safe to assume his chi can offer bim a great degree of resistance from Red's death spores.
I don't think it safe to assume that in the least. If I am correct on the events you were talking about, then I would have to completely disagree.

Also people with actual healing factor like Beast drop within seconds of exposure from the death sprores

dmills
@Battlehammer,

1) Read his last annual

2) Check his respect thread

3) Ridiculous. In the past he only had a portion of shou lao's chi. Orson had the other. Plus apparently he was using his own chi for most of his feats. Now he uses what he calls the ocean of chi from Shou Lao. Huge difference. Also he wasn't chi blasting groups of people or oneshotting helicarriers back then either. I'm curious as to whether you actually read his books, or if you just peeked at his respect thread?

Bottomline is you're wrong on just about everything you've said. Iron Fist's are highly resistant to poisoning, be it gas or otherwise. This has been amply demonstrated through out the history of the character. Orson has tanked an all out assualt of poisonous gas during WWI. Danny has survived having his body directly exposed to 30 times the amount of radiation that it takes to kill a normal person with minimal effects. I think that based on those factors, a good case can be made that the supernatural chi of Danny, Davos and Cobra can battle off the effects of death spores.

Battlehammer
@Battlehammer,

1) Read his last annual

which one I own all of them a believe.

2) Check his respect thread

been there, done it and thats not really an arguement, nor did you answer any of my question of the events you stated for why IF should be able to block pheramones.

3) Ridiculous. In the past he only had a portion of shou lao's chi. Orson had the other. Plus apparently he was using his own chi for most of his feats. Now he uses what he calls the ocean of chi from Shou Lao. Huge difference. Also he wasn't chi blasting groups of people or oneshotting helicarriers back then either. I'm curious as to whether you actually read his books, or if you just peeked at his respect thread?

You do realize I read Iron Fist right? though I am behind due to funds.

When did he state that he was using his own chi for most of his feats, I find this hard to believe that be a massive reconnt.

Yes I know what he calls it, and I dont think you got my point. He has vastly increased his energy pool. He can go harder far far longer then he ever uses too. Though he does have some current feats of power would surpass his best feats of old. They are not that many. His actual highest feats from old are surpassed by only a very few select feats from. I not talking his energy that he can excesses. Of all the things to improve it has been the amount of energy he posses which allows him to do move after move that he would have before his upgrades would have far ran out.

He did not even know how to chi blast back then, it kinda hard display something you don't know. Yea helicarrier is like his best feat to date.

Bottomline is you're wrong on just about everything you've said. Iron Fist's are highly resistant to poisoning, be it gas or otherwise. This has been amply demonstrated through out the history of the character. Orson has tanked an all out assualt of poisonous gas during WWI. Danny has survived having his body directly exposed to 30 times the amount of radiation that it takes to kill a normal person with minimal effects. I think that based on those factors, a good case can be made that the supernatural chi of Danny, Davos and Cobra can battle off the effects of death spores.
Issue numbers for 30 times radiation feat.

I have know the orson feat seen and have no desire to see again.

lets see some of theses others though.

Now you assume I am wrong all you like, but lets see some evidence. Just remember red pheramones effect even wolverine and danny would be hard pressed to match his resistance to such things even at classic levels

dmills
@Battlehammer,
Iron Fist vol.1 3-4. As a matter of fact you should pick up essential Iron Fist vol.1 if you can afford it. It's one of the more complete and coherent Marvel essentials out there.

Q99
30x a fatal dose of radiation is still a lot less deadly than the death spores. Death in a day versus death in minutes.

And it's not just if he can recover from it, it's if they can *fight* while recovering from it, which is a lot more tricky.

Battlehammer
@Battlehammer,
Iron Fist vol.1 3-4. As a matter of fact you should pick up essential Iron Fist vol.1 if you can afford it. It's one of the more complete and coherent Marvel essentials out there.
dude stating entire volumes is not proving your point.......you need to post issues and titles. I am not going to go through and entire two volumes to verify your statements........

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Q99
30x a fatal dose of radiation is still a lot less deadly than the death spores. Death in a day versus death in minutes.

And it's not just if he can recover from it, it's if they can *fight* while recovering from it, which is a lot more tricky.
so true

dmills
@battlehammer,
Who said you have to go through entire volumes? Iron Fist vol.1 issues 3-4. It's really not that difficult. The arc is only 2 issues long...

dmills
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought his death spores weaken you and render you unconsious nearly instantly? I thought that it was his life drain that kills you.

dmills
@Q99,
Ok. How about I swap out Davos for John Aman? Or would that give the weapons too much of an advantage?

Q99
Hm, I don't know how Aman's ghostliness would interact with the death spores.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought his death spores weaken you and render you unconsious nearly instantly? I thought that it was his life drain that kills you.

They're both deadly. The death spores weaken you, KO you, and would kill you if he didn't life-drain you to death first.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.