Colonial Marines versus Clone Troopers....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
The Colonial Space Marines ("Aliens"wink are on LV-426. The squad from "Aliens" are there (Apone, Hicks, Hudson, Blake, Vasquez, Gorman, etcwink along with other Marines, a total of 500 in number. They are armed with their pulse rifles and flame throwers, along with the big ass rifles that Vasquez and Blake carried.

At the same time, Clone Troopers, led by Commander Cody, are converging on LV-426. There are 500 in number, and they are armed with DC-15A and DC-15S rifles, along with thermal detonators.

The Marines and the Clones are to fight each other for control of LV-426. The battle takes place at night, in the pouring rain, just as it was when Apone and the others arrived on LV-426. They have no support vehicles, this is a straight up foot soldier battle.

The Xenos are a non factor here. There are no Jedi around.

jinXed by JaNx
Colonial marines take it. They're just to badass and i also think their smart guns will end up mowing through the clone troopers.

Rogue Jedi
Read the OP for what weaponry the Marines have. No smart guns.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. Thread needs more Robtard.

Robtard
Rico's Roughnecks could take the 500 alone.

Rogue Jedi
Explain?

Rogue Jedi
I mean explain why Rico's roughnecks are relevant to this thread, and how the Marines defeat the Clones, who are bred for combat, and have advanced weaponry.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Colonial marines take it. They're just to badass and i also think their smart guns will end up mowing through the clone troopers. Also explain how the Marines are more badass than the Clones. The Marines freaked out when the Xenos attacked. the Clones wouldn't. Thread idea.....

Kazenji
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Also explain how the Marines are more badass than the Clones. The Marines freaked out when the Xenos attacked.

I wonder why......would'nt happen to be something to do with they're a new enemy to them??

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kazenji
I wonder why......would'nt happen to be something to do with they're a new enemy to them?? It's not in a Clones nature to freak when surprised with a new enemy.

Lord Shadow Z
along with the big ass rifles that Vasquez and Blake carried.

Those are smart guns although I'm not sure if they are referred to them as such in the film but the Aliens Trilogy game does.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Those are smart guns although I'm not sure if they are referred to them as such in the film but the Aliens Trilogy game does. I thought "smart guns" were like AI guns, they operated on their own, sensors and shit.

Lord Shadow Z
No, I think those were sentry guns, the ones they put in the hallway.

Pretty effective but you could tell how Hudson didn't want to be anywhere near them big grin

Rogue Jedi
Hudson wanted to be nowhere where the Aliens were, the guns had nothing to do with it.

Lord Shadow Z
Hudson wanted to be nowhere where the Aliens were, the guns had nothing to do with it.

I kind of saw it as him being skittish about being around guns that obliterated anything moving. But I guess you could say it was just the Aliens making him nervous.

Rogue Jedi
I kind of saw it as him being skittish about being around guns that obliterated anything moving. But I guess you could say it was just the Aliens making him nervous. No, because when the Marines are dropping down onto LV426, he is going on and on to Ripley about how badass their guns are. He seemed pretty anxious to get in the shit.

Lord Shadow Z
True RJ, but the combination of being in a tight corridor with those guns probably heightened the fear that was already there for the Aliens. It was just the way I saw it, I'm not saying it as fact.

Darth Martin
I thought "smart guns" were like AI guns, they operated on their own, sensors and shit. Those are called Senty guns. The smart guns ae the firearms that Drake and Vasquez carried.

Rogue Jedi
Whats so damn "smart" about them?

Darth Martin
The firearm has the motion sensors attached to it.

Rogue Jedi
Wow. But the Marine still pulls the trigger.

jinXed by JaNx
Also explain how the Marines are more badass than the Clones. The Marines freaked out when the Xenos attacked. the Clones wouldn't. Thread idea.....

The Clones would have shit themselves as well. It wasn't so much that the, Marines were freaked out by the, Xenomorphs, they were just taken completely by surprise and coupled with poor leadership and lack of weaponry, they were gimpled. If they were so, "freaked" out they wouldn't have chosen to stay and hold their ground during the first encounter. Even as half of their squad was being blown apart and ripped to shreds, the remaining, Marines chose to continue to engage the Xenomorphs with small arms fire. That is actually the exact opposite of freaking out. Yeah, a few of the marines expressed fear when they found out that they were going to be trapped on the planet with hundreds of, Xenomorphs for seventeen days but they still kept it together and using what little resources they had, they ran their shit by the numbers.

Unlike the, Marines, i haven't seen an example where the clones are capable of thinking for themselves. As far as i've seen they are programmed machines that will follow their orders to death.

I think someone pointed out, above, the Smart guns were the heavy arms that, Vasquez and Drake were carrying. They come equipped with motion trackers and lock onto anything that moves.

Rogue Jedi
The Clones are far more disciplined and deadly, dude.

jinXed by JaNx
Nah, they can't shoot for shit. They have the worlds worst aim. Marines=discipline. Don't be sour that the clone troppers get rocked, that's what they're made for, dude. Even, Yoda, didn't give two shits about them because he knew what they were...,MEAT SHIELDS. laughing out loud stick out tongue smokin'

Happy Dance

steverules_2
Wow. But the Marine still pulls the trigger.

Dunno if this relevant but in the new AvP game the smart gun locks onto an alien making it impossible to miss them...unless they go behind a rock or summit

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by steverules_2
Dunno if this relevant but in the new AvP game the smart gun locks onto an alien making it impossible to miss them...unless they go behind a rock or summit

It's the same in the Aliens Trilogy game for the PS1, every other gun you had to aim to hit the target. The smart gun could take out things from different directions while aiming straight ahead.

In the movie nothing is made of that so I don't know if RJ is allowing that factor.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, they can't shoot for shit. They have the worlds worst aim. Marines=discipline. Don't be sour that the clone troppers get rocked, that's what they're made for, dude. Even, Yoda, didn't give two shits about them because he knew what they were...,MEAT SHIELDS. laughing out loud stick out tongue smokin'

Happy Dance You are confusing Clones with Stormtroopers. Clones have killer marksmanship.

Rogue Jedi
It's the same in the Aliens Trilogy game for the PS1, every other gun you had to aim to hit the target. The smart gun could take out things from different directions while aiming straight ahead.

In the movie nothing is made of that so I don't know if RJ is allowing that factor. No, it wasn't in the movie yo.

steverules_2
No, it wasn't in the movie yo.

How do you know? I mean I know it wasn't mentioned but still...may have been in the movie, can't know for sure

Rogue Jedi
Not allowing it.

steverules_2
That would be the best option, if it were clones would be ass raped

mindbomb
i would think that the clones weapons would triger the thermonuclear explusion that the marines were afraid of in the movie making meaning everybody would die

Rogue Jedi
OK, **** the reactors, they are non existent in this thread. Geez.

jinXed by JaNx
Not allowing it.

Can't do that. The Smart guns tech has been published from the movie in it's own manuel. Weaponry of the USCM stick out tongue

http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Weaponsembarrasmentf:the:Colonial:Marines.html

"Auto tracking"

and no, i'm not getting the Clones mixed up with the Storm troopers. Seriously dude, don't make me tear down the whole goddamn star wars universe and reveal the most inconsistent film franchise of all time no I love the original trilogy as much as any other star wars fan but giving the Clone troopers any credit at all is just ridiculous and blasphemous. Everyone knows that they are nothing but canon fodder. It's not the training, strength of skill or cunning that made the Troopers such a force to be reckoned with. It was simply...,numbers, an endless supply of reinforcements and a blank check. Happy Dance

mindbomb
im going to go with the marines on this one but i think a better question would be how would the clones fair against the aliens

Rogue Jedi
Can't do that. The Smart guns tech has been published from the movie in it's own manuel. Weaponry of the USCM stick out tongue

http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Weaponsembarrasmentf:the:Colonial:Marines.html

"Auto tracking"

and no, i'm not getting the Clones mixed up with the Storm troopers. Seriously dude, don't make me tear down the whole goddamn star wars universe and reveal the most inconsistent film franchise of all time no I love the original trilogy as much as any other star wars fan but giving the Clone troopers any credit at all is just ridiculous and blasphemous. Everyone knows that they are nothing but canon fodder. It's not the training, strength of skill or cunning that made the Troopers such a force to be reckoned with. It was simply...,numbers, an endless supply of reinforcements and a blank check. Happy Dance Uh, yeah I can do that. Is it stated in the movie? Not in the movie, it doesnt count.

Which versions of SW 1-3 did you watch? The Clones were deadly as ****. They made Stormtroopers look like girl scouts.

jinXed by JaNx

In the movie nothing is made of that so I don't know if RJ is allowing that factor.

The auto tracker locks the sights and points the swivel towards it's targets. It doesn't fire smart bullets lol The marines operating the gun have to be strong enough to handle the harness and sharp witted enough to distinguish between which targets to lock onto. The smart gunners are both suppressive and offensive attackers.

Kazenji
Uh, yeah I can do that. Is it stated in the movie? Not in the movie, it doesnt count.

Which versions of SW 1-3 did you watch? The Clones were deadly as ****. They made Stormtroopers look like girl scouts.

SW 1?

they were'nt even in that ****en movie.

Rogue Jedi
SW 1?

they were'nt even in that ****en movie. SW PT roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
Huh??

of course its the Star Wars Prequal Trilogy......

what did you think i ment bloody Saw.

jinXed by JaNx
Uh, yeah I can do that. Is it stated in the movie? Not in the movie, it doesnt count.

Any rational minded star wars fan understands that the Storm Troopers were just as deadly as the Clone troopers. The only reason they appeared to be less significant is because the Rebels were just much more bad ass. The old strategy of might and numbers is quickly studied and countered with better tactics...,look at history. This is why the Rebels disposed of the Storm troppers so easily. The storm troopers were supposed to be revered as tyrannical boogeyman just like the Clone Troopers. The only difference between the two breeds here is money. One trilogy had more money to show off more flashy bullshit than the other. To argue this is to argue truth. Everyone knows it and it's the same reason everyone hates the stupid, over-saturated gayquels

and Yes, it was in the movie. They state quite clearly, the capabilities of the Smart-gun. Don't be breaking your own fragile rules here sir. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
Huh??

of course its the Star Wars Prequal Trilogy......

what did you think i ment bloody Saw.

Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

Happy? confused

Kazenji
Not really

i want a cake now.

Rogue Jedi
I had a slice of cheesecake earlier. Twas dah bomb.

jinXed by JaNx
Any rational minded star wars fan understands that the Storm Troopers were just as deadly as the Clone troopers. The only reason they appeared to be less significant is because the Rebels were just much more bad ass. The old strategy of might and numbers is quickly studied and countered with better tactics...,look at history. This is why the Rebels disposed of the Storm troppers so easily. The storm troopers were supposed to be revered as tyrannical boogeyman just like the Clone Troopers. The only difference between the two breeds here is money. One trilogy had more money to show off more flashy bullshit than the other. To argue this is to argue truth. Everyone knows it and it's the same reason everyone hates the stupid, over-saturated gayquels

and Yes, it was in the movie. They state quite clearly, the capabilities of the Smart-gun. Don't be breaking your own fragile rules here sir. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I just wanted to make sure that you know, i only take shots at you because you're one of the only cats i've known from the my early days here, right? Just making sure, so you don't think i'm constantly gunning for you wink

Rogue Jedi

Hey, all I am saying is that I don't remember them describing the smart guns. Scene number? Youtube vid? When I said "Not in the movie", that was a question.

And dude, do you remember the scene where Leia, Lando, Chewie and the droids were running from the Stormtroopers on Cloud City? They weren't even running, more like a slight jog, and the Stormtroopers couldn't even hit them. A big ass Wookiee and they couldn't even hit him.

And when the Stormtroopers were chasing Han and Chewie on the Death Star, same thing.

And dont get me started on Endor.

The Stormtroopers were rubbish, end of story.

jinXed by JaNx
Hey, all I am saying is that I don't remember them describing the smart guns. Scene number? Youtube vid? When I said "Not in the movie", that was a question.

And dude, do you remember the scene where Leia, Lando, Chewie and the droids were running from the Stormtroopers on Cloud City? They weren't even running, more like a slight jog, and the Stormtroopers couldn't even hit them. A big ass Wookiee and they couldn't even hit him.

And when the Stormtroopers were chasing Han and Chewie on the Death Star, same thing.

And dont get me started on Endor.

The Stormtroopers were rubbish, end of story.

That's not the Storm Troopers fault. That's the fault of budgeting. Besides, ol' Ben was willing the Lasers around them. These were the chosen few, man, there was more at work here than just luck. The force was on there side. It was foretold in a prophecy. There could have seven darth vaders and thirty six Palpatines chasing after Han and Chewie. They would still have escaped. It was just meant to be. You have faith in the force right? laughing out loud

Seriously dude, i can use this comparison on the jedi. One minute the Jedi are badasses, the next minute they have no force powers or understanding of the force at all. It's all for convenience. The Colonial Marines are always out numbered. That is why they're so meticulously trained and outfitted with the most advanced weaponry. They're designed to infiltrate, out flank, out fight and out last their opponents. The Clone Troopers are pulled off of an assembly line and given a gun to go point and shoot. They are all one and the same. The only thing more deadly than unpredictability is being predictable.

Rogue Jedi
Babe.....Listen to me.......The Stormtroopers were shit for three damn movies. The had not one scene that impressed. I challenge you to present one scene with Stormtroopers that impressed.

Robtard
I challenge you to present one scene with Stormtroopers that impressed.

E93qQhzKjIU

Rogue Jedi
haermm You kick ass on so many levels, rob.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.