Scorpion vs. Sheik

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Scorpion (from Mortal Kombat) challenges Sheik (SSBB) to a fight.

The two ninjas duke it out in the Netherrealm.

Who will win?

ScreamPaste
Sheik isn't a ninja, she's trained as a Sheikah. no expression

Also, Sheik destroys.

Phanteros
Scorpian sets her on fire.

ScreamPaste
TK+Light arrow?

He gave us SSBB Sheik. Scorpion is UTTERLY chanceless. Spitey as hell.

tVM5xSeTWrg

Nemesis X
Sheik may break wind shields on space ships but Scorpion canonly kicked Superman's ass in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. Top that.

ScreamPaste
There's nothing canon about MK v.s. DC.

Sheik's fingers > arwing > the crust of a PLANET.

Nice spite thread. Also, stop making Zelda threads.

MooCowofJustice
I wouldn't think MK vs DC is any more Canon than Brawl is normally.

Regardless, that was passed off as magic, otherwise Scorpion would have been pathetic. I also believe Superman was weakened that entire game.

ScreamPaste
Magic does rape supes, but hey, not Sheik.

General Kaliero
Out of curiosity, the spite is against Scorpion, right?

ScreamPaste
Yes. no expression Sheik in SSBB is so uber she can destroy an Arwing windshield, which a planet crust piercing laser could not.

MooCowofJustice
But an Arwing from SSBB does not have the same feats as an Arwing from Star Fox.

link-rape

Peach
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Scorpion (from Mortal Kombat) challenges Sheik (SSBB) to a fight.

The two ninjas duke it out in the Netherrealm.

Who will win?

How dare you insult Sheik by calling her a ninja.

Also, this is totally spite, Scorpion stands no chance.

ScreamPaste
@Moo:

Yes it does no expression Otherwise where did the Arwing come from? >|

MooCowofJustice
Non-canon game would be non-canon.

So feats from games carry into SSBB, but not from SSBB into other games?

SSBB Mario =/= regular Mario

Similar to how SSBB Link =/= LoZ Link

link-rape

ScreamPaste
That wouldn't help Scorpion at all, since Sheik jumps about a hundred meters in the air, teleports onto the damn whing, while it *dodges lasers* and shatters it's windshield. She could tear Scorpion's heart out before he knew what was happening.

also, Link in SSBB has all his normal feats, with the addition of normally excluded Brawl feats, like any other character.

Essentially, Shiek is Sheik, + SSBB.

FinalAnswer
Isn't Scorpion able to set people on fire with an arm move ment? =/

Or possesses an instaneous teleport which causes him to deliver a stone shattering punch =l

Can Sheik survive stone shattering punches?

ScreamPaste
This is SSBB Sheik, her fingers > the crust of a planet, so yes. Additionally, she's too fast for Scorpion to achieve much.

FinalAnswer
Nah.

ScreamPaste
Yeah. That's how ridiculous the feat is. Her fingers are more powerful than the Gorgon laser. no expression Yeah. She also casually teleported onto the Arwing as it dodged lasers.

This is epic spite.

FinalAnswer
Nah.

Scorpion is too kewl to lose to a transvestite.

ScreamPaste
Shame he just did. This feat is unbelievably stupid. That one cutscene allows Sheik to solo the MK universe.

FinalAnswer
haermm

HA HA NO! GTFO OF HERE

MooCowofJustice
Inb4DarkKhan

ScreamPaste
No, really, it does. No one in MK can survive a hit like that.

Edit: Dark Khan isn't part of the MK universe. He's a noncanon merger with Darkseid.

Nemesis X
ScreamPaste, quit mixing non canon with canon. It's getting ridiculous.

ScreamPaste
You're the one who gave me SSBB Sheik, it's your own damn fault. Grats on spiting Scorpion.

Peach
Originally posted by Nemesis X
ScreamPaste, quit mixing non canon with canon. It's getting ridiculous.

Considering you specified SSBB Sheik...her SSBB abilities and feats are considered canon for this match. Good job owning yourself.

Edit: Damn you Scream stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
SNIPED! stick out tongue

mechagoomba
such spite scorpion haz no power over da ftilt lockz

FinalAnswer
Listen bucko brown.

Smoke is a casual, on screen planet buster

Rayden raped the planet by fighting too hard.

The Elder Gods can raep planets/realms

Furthermore, the One Being is a GAWD that encompasses all reality and is nigh omnipotent

Sheik is puny and weak

ScreamPaste
vXp10XxhKSg

Ftilt lock into the above combo for the win.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Listen bucko brown.

Smoke is a casual, on screen planet buster

Rayden raped the planet by fighting too hard.

The Elder Gods can raep planets/realms

Furthermore, the One Being is a GAWD that encompasses all reality and is nigh omnipotent

Sheik is puny and weak
Sheik's fingers > Rayden's whole body. Smoke's planet busting fatality is a joke, and realms aren't even country sized. no expression

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Sheik's fingers > Rayden's whole body. Smoke's planet busting fatality is a joke, and realms aren't even country sized. no expression

Dun't really care, he still raped the planet.

Prove it's a joke =)

Uh, no? Earth is a realm. Earth is bigger then a country. =l

Nice addressing the Elder Gods and the One Being

Bro SMASH

What do you mean, "realms aren't even country sized"? They're completely different worlds.

ScreamPaste
And Sheik's fingers would raep him.

How about: it's an obvious joke, if fatalities are feats then MK characters can turn you into babies.

Earthrealm is the largest realm, and it's not the realm elder gods raep.

I addressed elder gods by lettign you know realms are typicly quite small, and the one being is meh, unimportant to this thread.

In the end, Sheik rapes Scorpion, really, really, badly.

XanatosForever
Yup, quite worthy of the stamp.

gay_rage

Bro SMASH

Edit: Dark Khan isn't part of the MK universe. He's a noncanon merger with Darkseid.

Actually, he is part of the MK universe. He's also a merger of Shao Kahn.

ScreamPaste
A non canon merger which cannot exist without Darkseid. So, no.

FinalAnswer
Considering you think she would solo MK Verse, I doubt she could kill him before he raeps the planet unless she started right near him =l

That's right, they can

Prove the other realms are smaller then a country.

No, they aren't. No, he isn't, you said Sheik could solo MK. This is factually untrue, One Being being a reason for that.

Nah, Sheik, being WMNZ, easily falls for Scorpion's incredibly buff undead body.

Bro SMASH
A non canon merger which cannot exist without Darkseid. So, no.

Uh yes. He made his debut in a Mortal Kombat game. That would make him a Mortal Kombat character.

XanatosForever
Wrong. He made his debut in a crossover game where the lead just happened to go to Mortal Kombat. Darkseid is a part of DC, and unless DC ever decides to give permission, there will never be a return of Dark Khan in the MKverse.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Wrong. He made his debut in a crossover game where the lead just happened to go to Mortal Kombat. Darkseid is a part of DC, and unless DC ever decides to give permission, there will never be a return of Dark Khan in the MKverse.
J4DCZAtF4r4

Ridley_Prime
Oh, and

Onaga can, and with the One Being and everything else FA mentioned, Sheik certainly does not solo MK. She does however, beat Scorpion easily since this is her SSBB incarnation. Scorpion when he was at his strongest (greatly enhanced by the Elder Gods and beating Onaga H2H) is noncanon, unfortunately for him.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Regardless, that was passed off as magic, otherwise Scorpion would have been pathetic. I also believe Superman was weakened that entire game.
Actually, he gained back his full strength towards around the end of the game, but even then, he couldn't beat Dark Khan without Raiden's assistance.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
J4DCZAtF4r4

Better hope that's confirmed by the next MK. haermm

Ridley_Prime
stick out tongue
Seriously though, if that ending's canon, I'll be quite sad, as it'll probably mean no more Scorpion for one.

XanatosForever
I seriously doubt it will be.

Ridley_Prime
I seriously doubt it will be.
Same here.

Also,

Sheik's fingers > Rayden's whole body.
Doesn't matter. Raiden can just reform/regenerate himself like he does after the Deception intro. He's eternal. Sheik would not survive an explosive blast from him.

ScreamPaste
K, Sheik probably can't kill the One Being, that's one dude short.

Still rapes Scorpion in an entirely unholy manner. And even though I like Scorpion, it amuses me greatly because NemeSis hates Zelda so much, and makes so many Zelda threads, that this one backfired so badly.

Ridley_Prime
K, Sheik probably can't kill the One Being, that's one dude short.
More than just one short, and the One Being's omnipotent, so of course she can't kill it. Still beats Scorpion in this case though.

Still rapes Scorpion in an entirely unholy manner. And even though I like Scorpion, it amuses me greatly because NemeSis hates Zelda so much, and makes so many Zelda threads, that this one backfired so badly.
Indeed it did, all because of SSBB.

Sin_Volvagia
Yes. no expression Sheik in SSBB is so uber she can destroy an Arwing windshield, which a planet crust piercing laser could not.

Quit your Nintendo wanking. The Smash Bros Arwing is nowhere as durable as in Star Fox 64. In Brawl, it went down easily by Metaknight's ship. At most, it would be as durable as a fighter jet. She isn't more powerful than a crust-piercing laser (which never hit an Arwing in Star Fox canon).

Let's also note that Samus couldn't rip off a R.O.B.'s head even though her grappling beam has torn off sealed doors and armor. And Pikachu blasting Ridley off the sky? Not happening in a Metroid game. If Ness was at same power as he was in Earthbound, he would solo Subspace Emissary until Tabuu.

Shame he just did. This feat is unbelievably stupid. That one cutscene allows Sheik to solo the MK universe.

The only thing stupid is how you claimed Sheik > a planet-piercing laser when the Arwing was easily shot down by a single laser in Brawl.

Solo the MK universe? Taven, Daegon, Sub-zero, Quan Chi, Shao Kahn, Raiden, Onaga, Shujinko, Ermac, Motaro, Dark Kahn, and Shinnok at full power would kick Sheik's ass back to Hyrule. The only reason she beats Scorpion is because of the Light Arrows. Without it, she gets burnt to death.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
And Pikachu blasting Ridley off the sky? Not happening in a Metroid game.
Ah, don't remind me about that. haermm The Subspace Emissary was so full of inconsistent shit, it wasn't even funny.

Bro SMASH

The crossover is part of Mortal Kombat and it was even made by Midway. It has many MK features too so yeah, that would make it a Mortal Kombat game. Heck, why do you think it's even called "Mortal Kombat 8"?

Also, Mortal Kombat is now part of Warner Bros.

ArtificialGlory
Sin_Volvagia is a pretty cool guy. He tells us what's bullshit and what's not and doesn't afraid of anything.

FinalAnswer
Scorpion when he was at his strongest (greatly enhanced by the Elder Gods and beating Onaga H2H) is noncanon, unfortunately for him.

Wrong.

Scorpion all through Defiance had the powah from the Elder Gods, and did possess the capabilities to beat Onaga, Shujinko just beat him to the punch.

Elder God empowered Scorpion is canon.

ScreamPaste
Actually, his claim that the Halberd shot the Arwing down is bullshit, Fox was still in full control when Sheik landed on his windshield, and the Halberd goes on later to beat the Great Fox, so Sin's points are all invalid. :O

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Wrong.

Scorpion all through Defiance had the powah from the Elder Gods, and did possess the capabilities to beat Onaga, Shujinko just beat him to the punch.

Elder God empowered Scorpion is canon.
Oh, I see... That's quite a shame I must admit. Scorpion presumably loses the power he got from the Elder Gods by the time of Armageddon anyway, based on what he said about them when confronting Taven.

Actually, his claim that the Halberd shot the Arwing down is bullshit, Fox was still in full control when Sheik landed on his windshield, and the Halberd goes on later to beat the Great Fox, so Sin's points are all invalid. :O
Not all. The SSE's story is still pretty nonsensical regardless, even among Nintendo standards.

ScreamPaste
This is still SSBB Sheik, how nonsensical it is is moot. no expression

Ridley_Prime
Hardly moot when it comes down to it.

General Kaliero
The original post specified SSBB Sheik, so all feats in SSBB are the basis by which Sheik is gauged in this thread.

Ridley_Prime
Moronic move by Nemesis.

ScreamPaste
He does that. wink

LLLLLink
Holy crap, this is spite.

Sheik can tag Arwings in SSBB. Scorpion dies from "bandaged fingers of doom".

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Sin_Volvagia is a pretty cool guy. He tells us what's bullshit and what's not and doesn't afraid of anything.

Thanks cool

PhNAZCml5iU
5:27-5:32
My mistake; it wasn't a laser. It was grappling arm that took the Arwing down. It still proves that it's pretty weak.

O9YlVJnJxYQ
0:55
The Arwing is in ruins.

ScreamPaste
I'm pretty sure we just watched the same hit, it was pretty impressive, and didn't shatter tha Arwing or anything. The Arwing was on fire, it crashed, shit happens. This proves an Arwing is weak?

Shiek's fingers > the grappling arm. That alone lets her kill Scorpion with utter ease.

Sin_Volvagia
I'm pretty sure we just watched the same hit, it was pretty impressive, and didn't shatter tha Arwing or anything. The Arwing was on fire, it crashed, shit happens. This proves an Arwing is weak?

Shiek's fingers > the grappling arm. That alone lets her kill Scorpion with utter ease.

Grappling Arm was enough to take down an Arwing and make it unusable. It's no different from a fighter jet.

Just about any MK character could've busted the Arwing cockpit. Hell, Diddy Kong can rip the whole thing off by jumping.

ScreamPaste
Nah. The Arwing knocked it a little bit, no visible structural damage. Sheik shattered it with her fingers.

Sheik's fingers > The grappling arm > Scorpion.

I'm not even sure what you're arguing.

Sin_Volvagia
Nah. The Arwing knocked it a little bit, no visible structural damage. Sheik shattered it with her fingers.

Sheik's fingers > The grappling arm > Scorpion.

I'm not even sure what you're arguing.

There was visible damage when the Arwing got struck by the grappling arm and went up in flames.

Sheik is just beating Scorpion without the Light Arrows.

ScreamPaste
Nah, ease. no expression 10/10

Sin_Volvagia
Nah, ease. no expression 10/10

Scorpion burns Sheik from where she stands and spears her with his harpoon. It all ends unless she uses the light arrows.

ScreamPaste
Cause he's going to hit someone who can casually land on somethign while it dodges a rain of laser fire? Or hurt someone who can shove their fingers through something much more durable than any real life material we have? Sheik walks through his attacks and stabs him in the face with her fingers, he explodes.

Bro SMASH
You still haven't proven the ship's durability in that game.

Sin_Volvagia
Cause he's going to hit someone who can casually land on somethign while it dodges a rain of laser fire? Or hurt someone who can shove their fingers through something much more durable than any real life material we have? Sheik walks through his attacks and stabs him in the face with her fingers, he explodes.

You fail to realize that Arwings are as weak as fighter jets in Smash Bros. Scorpion could've done the same thing especially since a monkey can the pop the entire cockpit by jumping.

Let's not forget that Halberd also beats the Great Fox.

Sheik is only winning if she uses light arrows.

ScreamPaste
You have failed to prove this. Considering the grappling arm that smashed the Arwing would have reduced a fighter jet to it's component parts, no. Also, lol, Diddy being a Monkey matters? Diddy is just as ridiculous as everyone else in SSBB. Also, no, Scorpion could never replicate the feat. He's not quick enough or strong enough, and couldn't land on the Arwing.

I know, I highlighted this, it supports my argument, not yours. Especially since the Halberd can be seen driving the great fox into mountains.

Nah, this is epic spite. She pokes him in the eye, he explodes. /thread.

Ridley_Prime
Scorpion can easily teleport on top of the Arwing.

LLLLLink
Scorpion can easily teleport on top of the Arwing.

...And get rolled off the hood, falling to his death.

Sin_Volvagia
You have failed to prove this. Considering the grappling arm that smashed the Arwing would have reduced a fighter jet to it's component parts, no. Also, lol, Diddy being a Monkey matters? Diddy is just as ridiculous as everyone else in SSBB. Also, no, Scorpion could never replicate the feat. He's not quick enough or strong enough, and couldn't land on the Arwing.

Grappling arm wouldn't destroy a fighter jet to pieces. A weaker version of Rayquaza was able to destroy this Arwing and it gets beat by Fox and Diddy. Scorpion can destroy it and he could land on it via transportation.

Diddy is just as ridiculous as everyone else? He was almost food for Rayquaza before Fox helped out. He would get killed by Scorpion.

I don't see how it does.

Not gonna happen especially when Scorpion can teleport, sprout flames anywhere, and impale her with the Harpoon Spear. He could even take her a trip to the Netherrealm where he gets the high advantage.

Originally posted by LLLLLink

That didn't happen when Sheik was on it. And yes, Fox had enough time to barrel roll.

Ridley_Prime
First of all, Scorpion is already "dead". He's an undead ninja rather. Secondly, even if he were stupid enough to just fall off the hood of the Arwing (which he's not), there's nothing to keep him from teleporting himself back to safety, or using his harpoon spear to grab onto something (kinda like how Batman uses his grapple hook).

He could even take her a trip to the Netherrealm where he gets the high advantage.
This match actually takes place in the Netherrealm according to the 1st post, so yeah.

linkownsyousobs
This is from wiki http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Scorpion#Powers_and_abilities

As a specter, Scorpion is immune to death as his soul is still bound by revenge, allowing him to endlessly chase his targets until they have been silenced. He has the ability to teleport, often used in the form of surprise or ambush attacks. In addition, Scorpion no longer has a face. The mask (and the skin behind it) is a disguise that hides his ghastly skull, from which he can spew forth lethal shots of hellfire. The scope of Scorpion's powers differ on how long he remains in his
abode, the Netherrealm.

Name Description
Toasty! Scorpion's signature fatality. Scorpion takes off his mask,
revealing a skull face, and breathes fire at his opponent,
burning them alive and causing them to explode.
In the first game, the opponent was merely reduced to a
skeleton instantly which then fell to its knees. In the
second, the opponent would flail their arms forward as
the skeleton was till burning until it exploded. In the third
game, the opponent's skeleton would burn for a few
minutes before crumbling into a pile of charred bone. By
the fourth game however, the opponent's flesh would
merely burn without removal of skin, meat or flesh.

Spear Slice: Scorpion takes out his signature kunai, slices his
opponent across the throat, then slices the unlucky
individual through the hip, his or her torso falling to
the ground. In MKmessedM, this was changed to a
backhand followed by Scorpion stabbing the
opponent with the kunai, then ripping his or her body
across the blade embedded in his or her stomach.
Scorpion rips the torso off, then raises it in victory in
this version.

Annihilation: Scorpion goes into his victory pose as the ground
begins to shake violently. Moments later, he and his
opponent are automatically transported to Scorpion's
Lair where numerous of his dead clan members rise
from the ground to utterly destroy the opponent.
The Fatality is presumed to be brutal enough to fade
to black as the opponent is beaten before a splat
and a scream is heard. In the console ports of UMK3,
instead of an army of Scorpion clones coming to maul
the opponent, the opponent bursts into flames by no
visible means.

Scorpion Sting Scorpion morphs into a giant scorpion and rips the
opponent's torso with his tail. This was most likely
added due to fan complaints that Scorpion received
a penguin morph for his Animality instead of his
namesake creature, which Sheeva already had.

Spear Shot Scorpion tosses his spear at the opponent's head. As
the weapon is lodged in it, Scorpion begins to
violently pull on the rope until the head breaks off

Head Rip Borrowed wholesale from the original Sub-Zero in an
ironic twist, Scorpion plunges his hand into the victim's
neck and promptly rips the head off with the spine still
attached.

Hellish Scorpion fires his Spear to rip off the opponent's arm. He
fires it off once more to rip off a leg. As the victim pleads
for mercy, Scorpion slowly walks over to the opponent,
holds their head and promptly snaps their neck, swiftly
ending their life.

Lava Pool Scorpion manifests a pool of lava below him and descends into it whilst a second drags the opponent in as the victim is burned by the hellfire. Moments later, the body is thrown back out of the pit, now reduced to a skeleton.

I don't see Shiek beating Scorpion w/o her light arrows, and even if she used them, she would have to hit him. Scorpion can teleport too. stick out tongue

Plus, I'm not sure about this, don;t quote me on it.(It's been forever since I've played a MK game.) Can't Scorpion steal his victim's souls too? I don't care how strong Sheik's fingers are, she can't survive her soul being ripped from her body.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
Plus, I'm not sure about this, don;t quote me on it.(It's been forever since I've played a MK game.) Can't Scorpion steal his victim's souls too?
Nah, only Shang Tsung can do that.

Sin_Volvagia
post edited

Ridley_Prime
Sniped. stick out tongue

linkownsyousobs
Nah, only Shang Tsung can do that.

okay thanks. I wasn't sure

ScreamPaste
Lol? Rayquava is an insanely powerful pokemon. Also, losing to Nintendo characters doesn't nullify feats, like I said, everyone in SSBB is ridiculous. That crappling arm is strong enough to haul in the great fox, ofcourse it could smash a real fighter jet to pieces.

And nah, Scorpion has never demonstrated that reaction time. no expression e'd miss, and if he did land on it, he'd collide with the windshield and end up a smear.
This is true, but he still wouldn't land on the Arwing.

linkownsyousobs

If a monkey can do it, Scorpion can too. stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
A monkey didn't, and btw, that monkey can also kick the shit out of PokeGods. no expression

Ridley_Prime
Sheik is only winning if she uses light arrows.
It just occurred to me, light arrows are magic, are they not? Well this match takes place in the Netherrealm. Magic and sorcery is diminished by the power and nature of that realm, as shown what happened with Quan Chi when he was there, so Sheik may not even get to use light arrows against Scorpion in this case.

Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
okay thanks. I wasn't sure
However, I did come across this bit of info when looking up Scorpion's powers and abilities just now, but the hellfire part really isn't the same as Tsung's ability to steal souls, inherit their form & knowledge, and use them to live forever and all that.

"Being the vengeful spectre he is, Scorpion is most associated with the element of hellfire, a darker variant of the Earth-related fire element that burns and consumes both the body and soul of its victims. Scorpion only seems to use the element to confirm the death of his opponents. As a specter, Scorpion is immune to death as his soul is still bound by revenge, allowing him to endlessly chase his targets until they have been silenced. He has the ability to teleport, often used in the form of surprise or ambush attacks. The scope of Scorpion's powers differ on how long he remains in his abode, the Netherrealm. This proves to be advantageous to him when he pursued Quan Chi in the depths of hell, whose magic is diminished by the power and nature of the realm."

Also, as shown when Scorpion confronted Taven in Armageddon, he could make big boulders fall out of the sky, and summon giant skulls that shoot fire and meteorites.

pttiH0qmOl0

And nah, Scorpion has never demonstrated that reaction time. no expression
A moot point rather, as it takes considerable reaction timing to even do some of the things Scorpion has done, like what he did to Quan Chi in his MK4/Gold ending.

He'd miss, and if he did land on it, he'd collide with the windshield and end up a smear.

Scorpion teleports and vanishes in a burst of fire, appears in front of the Arwing, and smashes the windshield with his hellfire punch or spear. Or he'll try burning the ship by taking off his mask and firing his breath at it from a distance, or make hellfire appear from where the Arwing is (another one of his moves).

A monkey didn't, and btw, that monkey can also kick the shit out of PokeGods. no expression
He kicked the shit out of a weaker version of Rayquaza, which Sheik wasn't even involved with, so it's irrelavent here. There's only one Poke "God" anyway, and that's Arceus. Diddy's got nothing on him.

ScreamPaste
The Arwing is moving too fast and he's not got any feat that says he can break it.

It's relevant because people are trying to use Diddy's feats to discredit Sheik's. There's no evidence RayQuaza is any weaker in SSBB.

Sin_Volvagia
Lol? Rayquava is an insanely powerful pokemon. Also, losing to Nintendo characters doesn't nullify feats, like I said, everyone in SSBB is ridiculous.

There's obvious difference of power in Smash Bros. Rayquaza is obviously weaker. Also, it's supposed to live in the sky, not underwater.

Ness is weaker since he had gained the power of his world and is capable of defeating instantly. He also does not have PK Fire, Thunder, or Starstorm.

Samus is barely at power level she had in any Metroid game. She had trouble ripping a R.O.B. apart. A R.O.B. falls apart in fall when it took a subspace bomb from the Ancient Minister.

Ridley getting shocked by Pikachu? BS.

Ganondorf has no magic at all in Brawl.

King Dedede is easily taken down by fallen rubble.

The Porky Statue is much smaller than in Mother 3 and is easily destroyed by a single PK Thunder. It's supposed to be the toughest enemy in its game of origin.

The Great Fox is weak in this game.

ScreamPaste
Based on?
Ganon doesn't have murder punch or kick either, these are additional things added in SSB.

DK couldn't rip a ROB apart, and DK's insanely strong in SSB, also, Samus isn't hercules.

Based on?
Yes, yes he does. I suppose all the glowing purple fire and electricity and shit is just because he'z so awesumz?

We're not discussing D3, and he never does anything important, can't be used to discredit the rest of the cast.

It's bigger in SSB

Based on?

Essentially, you have nothing other than "Things are different!". Yeah, it's a different game. If this thread allows SSB feats, then the feats stand. SSB is in addition to the other games a character has, and is canon for this thread's purposes. Sheik can casually jump hundreds of meters into the air, teleport onto somethign that's dodging lasers, and then smash it with her fingers, while a grappling arm capable of subduing the great fox cannot.

Sheik. Wins.

LLLLLink

We're not discussing D3, and he never does anything important, can't be used to discredit the rest of the cast.

Actually, if it wasn't for D3, Taboo would've won after his shockwave thing, excluding Sonic (who was tacked on as a character at the last minute).

Sheik. Wins.

Yes.

Ridley_Prime
The Arwing is moving too fast and he's not got any feat that says he can break it.
Scorpion when he's at his strongest (enhanced by the Elder Gods) may be able to, though even if he can't, doesn't mean the Arwing's resistant to getting a burn from his various hellfire powers. The lava planet in SF 64 demonstrates just how greatly a certain amount of heat affects the ship's performance.

It's relevant because people are trying to use Diddy's feats to discredit Sheik's.
Fair enough then.

There's no evidence RayQuaza is any weaker in SSBB.
SSBB Rayquaza did not have Hyper Beam, Outrage, Draco Meteor, and plenty other of the Pokemon's strongest attacks.

Based on?
Based on what I just said, and the Pokedex. Rayquaza's supposedly a sky high Pokemon who lives only in the ozone layer, but in Brawl he lives underwater, burrows underground when fighting despite not actually being able to learn Dig in the Pokemon games (lol), and tries to eat Diddy, even though he's said to only feed on water particles in the air. Ray never descends to the ground either unless Ground and Kyogre are fighting each other, which they weren't in Brawl.

Based on?
Based on the fact Ridley's taken much worse from others in Metroid than Pikachu's electrical attacks. He never flinched or fell out of the sky from the electrical powers of Samus's Wave Beam. No reason he would realistically because of Pikachu. Ridley's far more durable than he was shown to be in Brawl. That Ridley didn't even have any fire attacks until he was in his Meta form later on.

Based on?
I dunno. The fact Great Fox has been shown to be far stronger in the Star Fox games based on its feats there?

Actually, if it wasn't for D3, Taboo would've won after his shockwave thing, excluding Sonic (who was tacked on as a character at the last minute).
Also, this.

Essentially, you have nothing other than "Things are different!". Yeah, it's a different game.
So then, you don't deny that things are much weaker and less durable in SSB? Because that is something different, although not the only thing.

If this thread allows SSB feats, then the feats stand.
Yes, but the fact stuff like Rayquaza, etc. are weaker in SSB also stands.

SSB is in addition to the other games a character has
It's also a spinoff though, in which case, I suppose it's only fair that Scorpion's feats in MKvsDC are applicable as well, as it too is a crossover. The thread author never said they couldn't be used.

Sheik can casually jump hundreds of meters into the air, teleport onto somethign that's dodging lasers, and then smash it with her fingers, while a grappling arm capable of subduing the great fox cannot.
Something a weaker version of the Great Fox could not subdue, at any rate.

And Scorpion bested the Joker, Wonder Woman, severely hurt a weakened Superman with a kick, and had an all-out fight with the Flash that resulted in a tie, despite losing to Lex earlier on.

note: Superman and the other DC characters were no longer weakened on Apokolips when Flash and Scorpion fought, so essentially, Scorpion became as powerful as the fastest man alive due to the near-complete merging of the two universes.

ScreamPaste
Unfortunately he never included this. The thread only includes SSBB, not MK v.s. DC or this migth be more of a fight.

Ridley_Prime
He used/brought up an MKvsDC feat on the first page though, so that must mean they're applicable here.

LLLLLink
He used/brought up an MKvsDC feat on the first page though, so that must mean they're applicable here.

Well, the sign from the road says:

So, MKvsDC wasn't in the OP.

Sin_Volvagia
Based on?

Many things. Dragon Pulse is unaffected by Mirror Coat but it gets reflected in Brawl. It also shows no sign of Extreme Speed and Hyper Beam which would wreck both Fox and Diddy. And beaten by monkey attacks, martial arts, peanuts, and lasers?

Rayquaza is said to look like a meteor when flying, have high attack power, and be able to halt the weather.

Rayquaza is weak in this game. All of the Smash Bros fans know this.

All pale in comparison with what he has done in the Zelda games.

Samus is still stronger than the average human. She can rip out metal doors, stone panels, shields from Space Pirates, and Rundas' ice armor but she can't tear a R.O.B. apart

qtAduNfMc8Q
0:20-0:25

R.O.B. falls apart by falling.

Ridley has been blown up in Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 3 as well as getting massacred in the first Metroid and Super Metroid but he still manages to come back. He gets blasted while in the air without falling but Pikachu can knock it down? That's BS. It's also noteworthy that Ridley doesn't spit fire at all until you fight his mechanical form (which lacks fire beams, missiles, and all that stuff he had in Metroid Prime).

That's nothing. Ganondorf has created monsters, froze Zora's Domain, destroyed an island, dodged Light Arrows, sealed a cave by covering it with a huge boulder, took mortal blows without dying, destroyed the top part of his castle before making the rest of it collapse, transformed himself, withstood fire breath at close range, and other things.

The only time Ganondorf even uses magic (besides enhancing his close-range attacks with dark fire and electricity) is his Final Smash when he transforms into Ganon.

Yet he easily takes out Luigi who has done impressive things in the Nintendo RPGs.

The same reasons why the Arwings are weaker.

No shit, it's a different game. You just fail to realize that certain characters are stronger (Mario, Pikachu, Fox) while others are weaker (Ness, Samus, Ganondorf).

If SSB feats are allowed, that means Arwings are weaker as well as other things.

The grappling arm never struck the cockpit.

Only with the Light Arrows.

Ridley_Prime
It just occurred to me, light arrows are magic, are they not? Well this match takes place in the Netherrealm. Magic and sorcery is diminished by the power and nature of that realm, as shown what happened with Quan Chi when he was there, so Sheik may not even get to use light arrows against Scorpion in this case.
whistle

Sin_Volvagia
whistle

I missed your post. In this case, Scorpion wins especially since his power has been amped by the Elder Gods. Sheik doesn't stand a chance in hell (no pun intended).

Ridley_Prime
I also mentioned in that post that Scorpion can use his Nether power to make big boulders fall out of the sky and summon giant skulls that shoot massive hellfire and meteorites, like he did against Taven before they fought.

pttiH0qmOl0

Sheik will have to deal with that too, without the light arrows.

ScreamPaste
I don't see how she needs the light arrows when Scorpion can't touch her, and her fingers will make him explode? no expression

Ridley_Prime
Even if he were to explode, that wouldn't stop him from coming back.

As a specter, Scorpion is immune to death as his soul is still bound by revenge, allowing him to endlessly chase his targets until they have been silenced.

ScreamPaste
Then it's a BFR/KO.

Ridley_Prime
Whatever you say, Mr. Sheik Can Solo The Entire MK Verse. stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
Short of the One Being.

Put her in MK and she's top tier among the fighters. stick out tongue

Ridley_Prime
Highly doubtful she can beat Onaga, whom Raiden, Quan Chi, and Shang Tsung combined could not stop with their magic. Or Taven, a half-god who can freeze time as well as other super powers. Or the Elder Gods. Or others like Daegon, Shujinko, Shinnok, Ermac, Shao Kahn, Motaro, Kintaro, and Dark Kahn at full power.

ScreamPaste
Non canon.
Light arrows and fingers that > space ships, the best reacton time of anyone in the MK series, and superior strength. See no real specific issues.

LLLLLink
Sheik's hands move faster than anything I've ever seen Scorpion do...

Ridley_Prime
Non canon.
Doesn't matter when a thread's allowed to use feats from Smash Bros/Brawl, which ain't anymore canon than MKvsDC.

Light arrows
There are places in MK like Outworld and the Netherrealm where magic such as her light arrows will not work.

and fingers that > space ships
With that logic, Sheik's fingers beats Andross, the Star Wolf team in their Wolfens, the Aparoid Queen, and everything else Fox's Arwing has defeated? Not believing that.

the best reacton time of anyone in the MK series
Reaction time hardly matters when you're up against someone like Taven who can freeze time by willing it, among other superpowers.

and superior strength.
Her strength ain't enough to beat foes with durability like Onaga's, Motaro's, etc.

She's also not beating stuff like the Elder Gods who are basically omnipotent like the One Being.

ScreamPaste
Don't matter since SSBB was explicitly allowed, MK v.s. DC was not.
Does it shut down all magic? They do more damage than anythign that's hit an Arwing.
Does this work in Netherrealm? stick out tongue

Looks strong enough to me unless thay have some really retarded durability feats.

Also, since when are the Elder Gods omnipotent?

Ridley_Prime
Don't matter since SSBB was explicitly allowed, MK v.s. DC was not.
I'm talking in general, not by this thread. We're not even discussing Scorpion vs Sheik anymore anyway at the moment.

Does it shut down all magic?
Pretty much, yeah. Magic as powerful as light arrows certainly wouldn't work in the Netherrealm, as well as things like telekinesis and what not. Things like teleportation will still work though, since Scorpion can do it there (and Subzero can still use his ice powers, though that ain't considered magic in MK).
In contrast, demons/hellspawns such as Scorpion only grow stronger in places like the Netherrealm, as opposed to their powers diminishing.

They do more damage than anythign that's hit an Arwing.
The Arwing in Brawl is but a weaker version of the ones in Star Fox games though (same with Great Fox), based on everything an Arwing has survived before (being swallowed whole and munched on by Andross, being able to still fly and operate even when both wings are damaged, etc).
Fox wasn't even aware of Sheik's presence before she jumped on his ship anyway. If he had been, the result would've surely been different.

Does this work in Netherrealm? stick out tongue
Yeah, though that's only because Taven's half god and half human. If he were a full version of either, it wouldn't work there unless he were an Elder God.

Looks strong enough to me unless thay have some really retarded durability feats.
If you include ones like this, then yeah.

Skip to 3:00.

BvVtoVSzkJw

Also, since when are the Elder Gods omnipotent?
Since always. They're the supreme deities of the MK universe, next to the One Being.

"According to ancient legend, in the beginning of time, there only existed the One Being and the Elder Gods. The One Being fed off of the essences of the Elder Gods, but eventually, the Elder Gods defeated the One Being, and, in efforts to weaken the One Being's omnipotence, the Elder Gods separated the One Being's consciousness into the realms and created six Kamidogu, which held the essence of the One Being. The legend decrees that if one were to obtain all six Kamidogu with the Sacred Amulet, he or she would be granted ultimate power. "

Nemesis X
Scorpion's feats from MKvsDC are allowed in here so quit arguing, ScreamPaste.

ScreamPaste
Good, maybe now Scorpion can take atleast 1/10?

Ridley_Prime
Scorpion bested the Joker, Wonder Woman, severely hurt a weakened Superman with a kick, and had an all-out fight with the Flash that resulted in a tie.

note: Superman and the other DC characters were no longer weakened on Apokolips when Flash and Scorpion fought, so essentially, Scorpion became as powerful as the fastest man alive due to the near-complete merging of the two universes.
^^

If Sheik can beat the Flash who Scorpion tied in a fight with, then yeah. She wins no doubt.

ScreamPaste
Is the MK storyline the canon one? Only watched the DC one.

Ridley_Prime
I dunno, but the DC and MK storylines both have the same final cutscenes, where everyone is fighting each other on Apokolips, and Scorpion and the Flash are the ones facing each other, while the others are all facing someone else, up until both the MK and DC sides are no longer able to fight, except Superman and Raiden (the only ones left standing), who ultimately team up to defeat Dark Khan, etc. etc.

ScreamPaste
Just asking, because if I remember right, Batman beats both Scorpion and Raiden, as well as the Flash, in the DC storyline.

So, yeah, confusing storyline is confusing.

Ridley_Prime
Just asking, because if I remember right, Batman beats both Scorpion and Raiden, as well as the Flash, in the DC storyline.
Batman also beat Liu Lame before he fought Raiden, but afterward, Raiden teleported both himself and Lame away someplace else.

4:40 to 6:02

85LiRVhKU6I

.. While Scorpion escaped capture on his own as Bats was busy fighting those guys.

So, yeah, confusing storyline is confusing.
True, it definitely is. wacko

ares834
Wait in MKvsDC which Flash is it?

Ridley_Prime
Wally West I believe. Not entirely sure though, as it's been a long time since I've played that game.

ares834
Wally West... whistle

That guy is uber. Scorpion for the win.

ScreamPaste
Batman also beat this Flash, and Scorpion.

Ridley_Prime
Everyone's powers were fluctuating throughout the story though. Like Superman, the Flash and Scorpion's powers were weaker around the beginning (hence why Superman had such trouble with Sub-zero, and why Batman beat characters normally stronger than him), but on Apokolips, they were back to full power, and Scorpion & the other MK characters became stronger than ever (due to the near-complete merging of the universes), and thus were able to fully compete with the DC characters.

In short, a super amplified Scorpion fought Wally at full power which ended up in a draw.

ScreamPaste
Which doesn't tell us much, actually. no expression There's no real way to call this now because we don't actually know anything about fully powered Scorpion.

I suggest a stalemate. I maintain without MK v.s. DC this would have been spite. uhuh

Ridley_Prime
I agree about the stalemate idea (as opposed to dragging this on), and that this thread in general was spite from the beginning. stick out tongue

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by ares834
Wait in MKvsDC which Flash is it?

It was Barry Allen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.