Cap vs. Doc Oct

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gadabout
Captain America vs. Dr. Otto Gunther Octavius...Doc Oct.

Blood lust is ON --NO CIS-NO PIS

Can cap pull out some wins or will Doc loose his head? Let the battle begin

Omega Vision
Wrong forum, should be in the Versus forum.

roughrider
Who's Doc Oct? Doc October?
See, I know about someone named Doc Ock... big grin

steverules_2
This would be closed even in the vs. forum, this is total spite, Ock would butt rape Cap no expression

Omega Vision
Originally posted by steverules_2
This would be closed even in the vs. forum, this is total spite, Ock would butt rape Cap no expression
Not necessarily. CIS-off Cap could one shot decapitate Doc with a well-aimed shield-toss. I don't think his tentacles are durable enough to block a shield-toss.

roughrider
Doc Ock got beaten by the White Tiger. For Cap, he's no problem.

steverules_2
Originally posted by roughrider

Yeah but spiderman has problems with Ock...and cap wouldn't be able to deal with spiderman so...I dunno

Digi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Not necessarily. CIS-off Cap could one shot decapitate Doc with a well-aimed shield-toss. I don't think his tentacles are durable enough to block a shield-toss.

Doc doesn't have human durability. How do you think he takes shots from Spidey?

Originally posted by roughrider

He's also beaten plenty of foes better than that. One fight/event can make anyone look worse than they really are.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Digi

He does, he admitted as much when he went to the doctor.
Spidey pulls his punches like he does against common muggers.

http://media.insidepulse.com/zones/comicsnexus/uploads/2009/08/Ock-sees-the-Doc-Amazing-Spider-Man-600.jpg

Digi
When's the from? I specifically remember a conversation between Spidey and Ock after his body has been upgraded to be beyond human durability/strength. Becuase, I should have clarified, my understanding was that he started base human but was later upgraded.

Omega Vision

He's also beaten plenty of foes better than that. One fight/event can make anyone look worse than they really are.
Even if he wasn't a normal human in terms of durability (which he is) I'm pretty sure a shield toss could decapitate someone like Spider-Man too if thrown hard enough.

Digi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Even if he wasn't a normal human in terms of durability (which he is) I'm pretty sure a shield toss could decapitate someone like Spider-Man too if thrown hard enough.

Agreed, but that assumes he's going to get a fully clean shot on Ock with the shield. Otto's speed with his arms is underrated. He's the one Spidey foe I never remember seeing Parker dodge consistently.

Mshinu
When's the from? I specifically remember a conversation between Spidey and Ock after his body has been upgraded to be beyond human durability/strength. Becuase, I should have clarified, my understanding was that he started base human but was later upgraded.

Right before he got the eight armed harness and all those miniature ock bots IIRC.

Blanket
Originally posted by Mshinu
He does, he admitted as much when he went to the doctor.
Spidey pulls his punches like he does against common muggers.

http://media.insidepulse.com/zones/comicsnexus/uploads/2009/08/Ock-sees-the-Doc-Amazing-Spider-Man-600.jpg Top right and left panels make my decision.

Digi
Clearly it's not a 10/10 scenario either way. I just think that we're talking about a good Spider-Man villain, and as such he shold be able to take Cap for a majority.

Parmaniac
IIRC that's Amazing Spider-man 600

leonidas
ock's one of those odd characters. clearly he has displayed numerous feats that would indicate he has>human durability.

bottom line for me is this--cap won't be able to get in close for h2h o matter. he'll lose everytime imo unless he can sneak in a throw with his shield. ock ALSO has numerous displays of perceptual and reactionary feats that would make that throw very difficult, even for cap.

i give a decent majority to doc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.