Odin's heralds VS Galactus's heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
Thor
Beta Ray Bill

VS

Silver Surfer
Stardust

Who has the stronger heralds?

Blanket
Odin has heralds?

quanchi112
Hammer brahs ftw.

kgkg
Surfer does Multi blasts while Bill and Thor are blocking the board K.O's both of them.

Bouboumaster
Well, after the ass-whuppin' Surfer recently gave,I have to go with Galactus's heralds

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
Surfer does Multi blasts while Bill and Thor are blocking the board K.O's both of them. What worked on Bill isn't working on Thor.

kgkg
Originally posted by quanchi112
What worked on Bill isn't working on Thor. Why?

Blanket
Why? He has armor on his neck?

quanchi112
Why? Thor has more battle experience and he's already treated the Surfer like trash.

kgkg
Thor has more battle experience and he's already treated the Surfer like trash. This doesn't answer my question. so Thor doesn't block the blast from Surfer?

He can't block and dodge from both side can he?

Mshinu
Super Thor Bros ftw

JakeTheBank
Hammer Bros FTW

dmills
Thor throws hammer, Surfer dodges and blasts at Thor while sending board to blindside Thor, Board clobbers Thor, SS gloats and doesn't see the hammer coming from behind, Thor smiles as SS gets KTFO.

Firestorms
Originally posted by dmills
SS gloats and doesn't see the hammer coming from behind

Thor smiles as SS gets KTFO.

not gonna happen, first Silver Surfer's speed makes the Flash look average and he makes Bill and Thor look like a snail, so I don't see him getting blind sided without epic levels of PIS
Even if he does get whamed its not enough IMO to put down Silver Surfer
Thor's hammer doesn't have enough 'kick', it doesn't have enough 'Umph' anymore
Classic Thor with his plot device hammer would probably beat classic Silver Surfer, since Thor had the greater power set back then and Surfer was kinda wimpy, always holding something back

Since his power up he owned Bill bad, Surfer is no longer a peaceful wimp who holds it all back, he got seriously amped by Glactus and he has learned some hand to hand skills over the years. Thor rarely shows his skill anymore and BRB proved to be greater to Thor on some occasions and was at least close to classic Thor's power level.
In their latest encounter Surfer ate up some BRB's strongest hammer attacks like they were an annoyance and even though BRB and Scuttlebutt had a fair fight and were giving it their all the fight was still one of the shortest battles in Surfer's favor

Like I was saying I don't think those hammer strikes have enough kick anymore
Sentry soaked up Thor's best
Gladiator soaked up Thor's shots
Rulk soaked up OdinForce Thor's strikes like they were nothing
Hulk has soaked up Thor's attacks

Basically what I'm saying is I believe Surfer has evolved to much greater levels since his classic days
While Thor was deliberately de-powered

While I don't think Stardust has the strength to beat BRB or Thor alone but I do think Stardust is no slouch, he/she/it can trade blows with one of the hammer gods for a long while. Delay one of the hammers long enough for Surfer to tag team and finish the job

As for the strongest herald that title might go to Fallen One...if and only if he stuck around a while with enough feats
Or the Destroyer herald
but only if Galactus had built it instead of getting a gift from Odin
Or maybe the supreme herad titles should go to Tyrant, if he actually did the herald job and didn't see himself as an equal and a rival to Galactus himself

Nah....Surfer deserves the no1 herald title and deservedly so

Q99
It's two on two, won't the hammer twins cover each other's backs?

"Distract then hit" works better when solo dueling.

Black bolt z
Galactus heralds win.

D_Dude1210
Tough fight. Personally, I put BRB=SD and SS after his upgrade slightly edging out or at least matching Thor... so I'm thinking of an even split or a slight advantage to the Galactus Team.

quanchi112
This doesn't answer my question. so Thor doesn't block the blast from Surfer?

He can't block and dodge from both side can he? Yes, and he can avoid the board. The guy isn't going to be beaten anyways if Surfer uses the tactic. We've already seen Thor crush him twice.

Blanket
Yes, and he can avoid the board. The guy isn't going to be beaten anyways if Surfer uses the tactic. We've already seen Thor crush him twice. Surfer`s gotten an upgrade, and Thor was riding the pis or 10x stronger train.

Slaanesh
Galactus heralds FTW

kgkg
Yes, and he can avoid the board. The guy isn't going to be beaten anyways if Surfer uses the tactic. He can't. Just like BRB couldn't like I said what is thor going to do he has to block a shot from Surfer how is he going to cover his back?

Let's not go with the whole WM thor debate here. Anyway we have seen simple blast from Surfer nearly Kill normal Thor.

But now Surfer has an upgrade and Thor is having the worst days of his career smile

Naija boy
Team galactus ftw

quanchi112
He can't. Just like BRB couldn't like I said what is thor going to do he has to block a shot from Surfer how is he going to cover his back?

Let's not go with the whole WM thor debate here. Anyway we have seen simple blast from Surfer nearly Kill normal Thor.

But now Surfer has an upgrade and Thor is having the worst days of his career smile Then why didn't Surfer easily hand him his ass when they fought in blood and thunder? You using a showing against BrB as proof he can beat Thor when Thor has crushed him on panel is ludicrous.

Thor wasn't in warrior madness. Thor isn't looking as bad as people are making it out to be. He still beats the Surfer at his best.

janus77
Team G wins 10/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by janus77
Team G wins 10/10. Based on what?

janus77
based on Surfer's superiority to either of Team 1 and Stardust's ability to stay in the fight regardless what they throw at it.

Surfer wiped the floor with BRB and has enough physical robustness to take heavy - physical - attacks from T&A... beyond anything these guys can muster.

quanchi112
based on Surfer's superiority to either of Team 1 and Stardust's ability to stay in the fight regardless what they throw at it.

Surfer wiped the floor with BRB and has enough physical robustness to take heavy - physical - attacks from T&A... beyond anything these guys can muster. Surfer's never proven himself to be superior to Thor. That's BrB who isn't Thor nor does he have the feats Thor has or the experience.

Slaanesh
it has been state that Thor and BRB are equals in term of power..maybe Thor has more experience but in term of power..they are equal..and SS is clearly more powerful than BRB..so it is normal for people to assume that SS is more powerful than Thor..

janus77
Surfer's never proven himself to be superior to Thor. That's BrB who isn't Thor nor does he have the feats Thor has or the experience.
everytime Surfer casually tanks a Savage Hulk attack, he proves it.

UniLord, T&A, mindless Hulk, Green Scar, Savage Hulk ... not anyone of these could Thor handle as well as Surfer does.

Thor is more popular, but not in Surfer's power class. not close even, imo.

Omega Vision

UniLord, T&A, mindless Hulk, Green Scar, Savage Hulk ... not anyone of these could Thor handle as well as Surfer does.

Thor is more popular, but not in Surfer's power class. not close even, imo.
Not even close? erm
Surfer is much faster and while at first glance appears to have more versatility by a mile when you look at all the things Thor has done with his Mjolnir the versatility gap isn't that wide. As for strength and durability I'd give the edge to Thor, fighting ability also goes to Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

The Surfer wanking here is getting ridiculous. Seriously, every fight they have indicates that Thor is above Silver Surfer yet somehow idiots like this using their foolproof logic come to the conclusion that Thor is nowhere near Surfer in power. Once again facepalm

I'm too busy right now to demolish this idiocy and gonna finish up with Quan later but I still wanted to highlight how stupid people can be.

And the logic that Silver Surfer is above Thor because he took the advantage in a fight with Bill after a sneak attack is absolutely asinine. Throw in the fact that Thor was recently taking it to someone who demolished Bill way worse than Norrin did shows that people are just talking out of their ass and grabbing at straws at this point.

Thor > Silver Surfer =/> Bill > Stardust

Team 1 wins.

the ninjak
Surfer uses Stardust as hammer fodder while Norrin blasts the Hammer bros.

JakeTheBank
Yeah...

I might disagree with the notion of Surfer > Thor, but if someone were to give him and Stardust a majority, I wouldn't really question their stance. But 10/10 and the idea that Thor's "not even close" to Surfer, powerwise?

lol?

janus77
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Not even close? erm
Surfer is much faster and while at first glance appears to have more versatility by a mile when you look at all the things Thor has done with his Mjolnir the versatility gap isn't that wide. As for strength and durability I'd give the edge to Thor, fighting ability also goes to Thor.
Surfer's speed is insanely superior, why play it down?
Surfer's versatiility is basically far superior too, when you consider that everything Thor does with Mjolnir Surfer can do and then there's Surfer's ability to meld with and takeover other powerful beings, to take power from souls, to heal beings and planets, to evolve nature billions of years, to give organic life to a sentient robot, to transmute and dimensionally transport matter ... Surfer has a distinct advantage, at the least.

but it's this issue of Thor being tougher/more durable that I see as being the most flimsy, Hulk hasn't even rocked Surfer when they've faced off... even though Hulk has been very angry. T&A are beyond anything I recall Thor ever fighting, UniLord is basically a Watcher, at the very least above SkyFather, and Surfer took the battle to him, endured everything he threw at Surfer and won... if anything, comics show Surfer to be a class above Thor in toughness and durability.

and it makes perfect sense since he's forever going through suns, stars, wormholes and such ... Thor doesn't have anything that powerful to endure on a regular basis.

Warlord
Bill has already beat Stardust on panel twice and guess what...Thor has done the same to surfer...
Hammers 6/10

kgkg
Originally posted by quanchi112 Then why didn't Surfer easily hand him his ass when they fought in blood and thunder? You using a showing against BrB as proof he can beat Thor when Thor has crushed him on panel is ludicrous. Because that was not Post Annihilation Surfer plus he wasn't trying to beat Thor.

Again thanks for not answer the question and jumping to another boat.

Again how is Thor going to block a blast from Surfer while the Board K.O's him from behind.

Ya it was stated like 10 times it was Warrior Madness. roll eyes (sarcastic) Whatever you want to call it. Thor does not operate at this level on his regular bases so it's pointless bringing it here.

BRB has had better feats than Current Thor and Surfer beat him pretty easily. It's only natural he beats him here.

Blanket
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

The Surfer wanking here Stopped reading.

Galan007
Ya it was stated like 10 times it was Warrior Madness. roll eyes (sarcastic) Whatever you want to call it. Thor does not operate at this level on his regular bases so it's pointless bringing it here.

BRB has had better feats than Current Thor and Surfer beat him pretty easily. It's only natural he beats him here. By the end of the B&T arc it was confirmed that Thor was not experiencing true WM.

I doubt the board to the back cheap shot that Surfer used against Bill to gain the upper hand would be as successful a second time. Bill is many things, but a dumb fighter he is not.

D-Block
Hammer brahs ftw.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Galan007

I doubt the board to the back cheap shot that Surfer used against Bill to gain the upper hand would be as successful a second time. Bill is many things, but a dumb fighter he is not.

Regardless of whether bill is dumb or not, Bill will be vulnerable to such a tactic for most of the fight. Given the speed of surfers board, avoiding it even if it came at Bill head on would be difficult let alone from behind or some other angle. THe simple method of attacking bill with blasts and such while the board blitzes him from another angle is pretty effective. Moreover constantly having to think about the board blitz might divert bills attention and thus make surfers other attacks more dangerous.

Galan007
Originally posted by Naija boy
Regardless of whether bill is dumb or not, Bill will be vulnerable to such a tactic for most of the fight. Given the speed of surfers board, avoiding it even if it came at Bill head on would be difficult let alone from behind or some other angle. THe simple method of attacking bill with blasts and such while the board blitzes him from another angle is pretty effective. Moreover constantly having to think about the board blitz might divert bills attention and thus make surfers other attacks more dangerous. Or, you know, Bill fights smart and uses shielding. Or he creates a warp tunnel and BFR's the board.

Not saying the board would be completely ineffective, just saying that there is a few things he could do to to avoid a repeated sneak attack.

quanchi112

Thor is more popular, but not in Surfer's power class. not close even, imo. So what? Surfer doesn't causally tank Thor attacks and he's in this thread so abc logic about how he fares against other characters actually hurts your case.

Thor's more powerful than the Surfer, by far if we take into account his best showings Surfer's isn't close.

Because that was not Post Annihilation Surfer plus he wasn't trying to beat Thor.

Again thanks for not answer the question and jumping to another boat.

Again how is Thor going to block a blast from Surfer while the Board K.O's him from behind.

BRB has had better feats than Current Thor and Surfer beat him pretty easily. It's only natural he beats him here. Ok, so post surfer is more impressive but to me not at Thor's level when he's at his best.

He could block it and move. Skill, brah.

It was guessed it was but then later on they said it wasn't more than once and Odin confirmed it. It kinda shows you didn't read the arc if you want me tbh.

Naija boy
Or, you know, Bill fights smart and uses shielding. Or he creates a warp tunnel and BFR's the board.

Not saying the board would be completely ineffective, just saying that there is a few things he could do to to avoid a repeated sneak attack.

I agree there are things he could do to perhaps avoid the attack temporarily, but it would remain a huge danger to him throughout the fight and its rate of success would exceed its failure rate.

Using shielding would be his best bet, but that is only a temporary solution. If he hopes to go on the attack then he has to drop his shield sometime.

And given its speed and surfers control of the board, the warp tunnel defense would be pretty ineffective imo.

Galan007
I agree there are things he could do to perhaps avoid the attack temporarily, but it would remain a huge danger to him throughout the fight and its rate of success would exceed its failure rate.

Using shielding would be his best bet, but that is only a temporary solution. If he hopes to go on the attack then he has to drop his shield sometime.

And given its speed and surfers control of the board, the warp tunnel defense would be pretty ineffective imo. If Bill plays it smart, the board wouldn't hinder him too much at all, imo - especially when he would also have Thor to deal with. I mean let's face it, Stardust is a borderline non-factor here.

True, but he'd still be protected. Omni-blasts would also be helpful, as Surfer and his board could be struck at the same time. Just another possibility.

Bill had no problem countering Surfer's energy attacks, don't know why it's hard to believe he could warp tunnel the board away..?

Naija boy
If Bill plays it smart, the board wouldn't hinder him too much at all, imo - especially when he would also have Thor to deal with. I mean let's face it, Stardust is a borderline non-factor here.

True, but he'd still be protected. Omni-blasts would also be helpful, as Surfer and his board could be struck at the same time. Just another possibility.

Bill had no problem countering Surfer's energy attacks, don't know why it's hard to believe he could warp tunnel the board away..?

SAying stardust is a non-factor here is quite an exageration. He has stalemated with bill on one occasion and though he recently lost to bill in Godhunter, he seemed to be unharmed and he willbe pretty hard to KO.

An omni blast may help on offence but defensively not so much. Surfer is faster than Bill and can dodge + has shields. If bill attacks with the omni blast and surfer avoids it, it would make him vulnerable to a board blitz on the counter attack.

I see the warp tunnel as being ineffective because bill doesnt have the ability to be blocking surfers blasts with the hammer while also using that same hammer to create a warp tunnel to bfr a board coming from a different angle. Moreover, given the speed and control surfer has over his board as well as the distances in which they are fighting, i doubt bill can even create a warp tunnel in the time the board is launched and the time it takes to reach him. Further surfer has absolute control of his board and even if such a tunnel is created he could simply navigate the board in another direction. Additionally, the fact that surfer wil be attacking bill via blasts/encasment/matter manip etc simultaneously while using the board blitz, would make it even more difficult for bill to warp tunnel surfers board away without making himself vulnerable to some other form of attack.

Galan007
SAying stardust is a non-factor here is quite an exageration. He has stalemated with bill on one occasion and though he recently lost to bill in Godhunter, he seemed to be unharmed and he willbe pretty hard to KO.

An omni blast may help on offence but defensively not so much. Surfer is faster than Bill and can dodge + has shields. If bill attacks with the omni blast and surfer avoids it, it would make him vulnerable to a board blitz on the counter attack.

I see the warp tunnel as being ineffective because bill doesnt have the ability to be blocking surfers blasts with the hammer while also using that same hammer to create a warp tunnel to bfr a board coming from a different angle. Moreover, given the speed and control surfer has over his board as well as the distances in which they are fighting, i doubt bill can even create a warp tunnel in the time the board is launched and the time it takes to reach him. Further surfer has absolute control of his board and even if such a tunnel is created he could simply navigate the board in another direction. Additionally, the fact that surfer wil be attacking bill via blasts/encasment/matter manip etc simultaneously while using the board blitz, would make it even more difficult for bill to warp tunnel surfers board away without making himself vulnerable to some other form of attack. The 'standard' version of Stardust is really not much of a threat to either Thor or Bill - each of them could swat 'dust away with a fair amount of ease. In fact, I'd wager that Thor could potentially absorb him/her (could never figure out a gender for it) with Mjolnir.

An omni-blasts main purpose is that you don't really need to aim it, because it's pretty much unavoidable - so I don't see Surfer dodging it. Such an attack is also favorable, because we already know it is capable of downing Surfer (as Thor once downed both Surfer and Warlock with an omni-blast.) Again, just throwing some possibilities out there.

Bill has BFR'd a tiny singularity that was charging at him like it was nothing. Tack on the fact that Bill has never had trouble perceiving Surfer (or his attacks) in the past, and I really don't see him having trouble warp tunneling Surfer's board away, before he was struck by it (especially now, since he knows Surfer will likely try to use his board as a weapon.)

Anyhow, I see Stardust being taken out almost immediately after the battle begins - he/she is not much of a threat to the likes of Bill/Thor. With 'dust out of the picture this would quickly turn into a 2 on 1 situation... And I don't see Surfer defeating both Thor and Bill simultaneously.

Naija boy
The 'standard' version of Stardust is really not much of a threat to either Thor or Bill - each of them could swat 'dust away with a fair amount of ease. In fact, I'd wager that Thor could potentially absorb him/her (could never figure out a gender for it) with Mjolnir.

An omni-blasts main purpose is that you don't really need to aim it, because it's pretty much unavoidable - so I don't see Surfer dodging it. Such an attack is also favorable, because we already know it is capable of downing Surfer (as Thor once downed both Surfer and Warlock with an omni-blast.) Again, just throwing some possibilities out there.

Bill has BFR'd a tiny singularity that was charging at him like it was nothing. Tack on the fact that Bill has never had trouble perceiving Surfer (or his attacks) in the past, and I really don't see him having trouble warp tunneling Surfer's board away, before he was struck by it (especially now, since he knows Surfer will likely try to use his board as a weapon.)

Anyhow, I see Stardust being taken out almost immediately after the battle begins - he/she is not much of a threat to the likes of Bill/Thor. With 'dust out of the picture this would quickly turn into a 2 on 1 situation... And I don't see Surfer defeating both Thor and Bill simultaneously.

Simply swatting stardust away wont really suffice to eliminate him from the fight. Moreover we know that he/she can evolve on the fly into its more powerful form, a form in which he could certainly more than hold his own against Bill or Thor. The fact that Stardust cant really be taken out physically will be an important factor here imo. Also given stardusts own matter/energy absorbtion abilities i dont see Thor simply absobring its entire being into mjolnir.

An omni blast doesnt need to be aimed as it fires in nearly all directions simultaneously. This however does not mean it cant be avoided. The range of the omniblast will certainly not cover the entire battlefield (unless bill wants to hurt thor as well) and so it can certainly be avoided by moving out of its range. Shielding is also an easy option. Moreover, while admittedly an omniblast is a good form of offense and has the highest rate of accuracy when bill is attacking, it will provide little help in defending the board blitz when surfer is the one blasting with omni blasts of his own/matter manip/encasment etc. Moreover Bill will certainly not be downing surfer with a single omniblast akin to B and T thor. Bill feats arent interchangeable with Thors and they are certainly not interchangeable with a thor who was portrayed more powerfully than we have ever seen him.

The singularity that was charging at bill was not doing so at speeds even comparable to surfers board, considering that even Quasar could perceive it with no problems. Moreover in that scenario both bill and quasar had time to track the singularities flight path and then jump in with the sole purpose of teleporting it away. Its an entirely different scenario when bill will be engaged actively in battle defending numerous other attacks from surfer and then suddenly have to warp tunnel away an object travelling at vastly greater speeds that could come at him from any angle. The board blitz is perhaps surfers fastest and most unpredictable attack and being able to block surfers blasts with his hammer (which may be attributed to aim blocking) is not analogous to warp tunnelling away the board.

Additionally, even if bill does succeed in creating a warp tunnel in the time surfer launches the board blitz and the time it takes the board to hit him (which is highly unlikely), theres nothing stopping surfer from simply moving the board in another direction and hitting bill as he would have already committed to that particular defence. Then there is the fact that by using the warp tunnel defence he would be leaving himself wide open to other
attacks from surfer. All in all therefore, attempting to warp tunnel away surfers board is not at all an efficient strategy to counter the board blitz.

I believe u are vastly underrating stardust. He can certainly prove to be very dangerous to either Thor or Bill in this fight.

Galan007
^ Didn't feel like reading and responding to all of that. I'll just assume you disagreed with everything I said, and move on. stick out tongue

Naija boy
^ Didn't feel like reading and responding to that. I'll just assume you disagreed with everything I said, and move on. stick out tongue

You guessed it big grin

Galan007
Galan and savant are interchangeable words, you know. vin

Stranglehold300
Bate Ray Bill can do this by himself.

He is a true badass. Marvel version of Black Adams.

He already took on Silver Surfer and Stardust.

He was doing a good job.

Made Galactus look like a wuss.

Read his comic when he seeks vengence on Galactus.

Blanket
Originally posted by Stranglehold300

He was doing a good job.

Read his comic when he seeks vengence on Galactus. what

Stranglehold300
It should be Silver Surfer and Stardust vs Bate Ray Bill.

He took on SS powerfulest Version and was kicking ass.

Blanket

He took on SS powerfulest Version and was kicking ass. Except he got beat down without giving any damage to Surfer.

Galan007

He took on SS powerfulest Version and was kicking ass. Bill isn't that powerful. srsly

JakeTheBank
Bill isn't that powerful. srsly

Shhh. Let him dream.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Blanket
what
I think Marvel may have gotten their own H1a8.

Stranglehold300
Bill isn't that powerful. srsly

I didnt say he was powerful.

I said he went toe to toe with SS.

Galan007
I didnt say he was powerful.

I said he went toe to toe with SS. Originally posted by Stranglehold300

He was doing a good job.

Read his comic when he seeks vengence on Galactus. confused

JakeTheBank
Let it be known that I fully endorse the notion of BRB soloing some Heralds. stick out tongue

Stranglehold300
Except he got beat down without giving any damage to Surfer.

the Surfer hasnt always been successful against Beta Ray Bill....

Blanket
the Surfer hasnt always been successful against Beta Ray Bill.... Irrelevant to what you said.

kgkg
Originally posted by Galan007 By the end of the B&T arc it was confirmed that Thor was not experiencing true WM. That might be the case but the point was it was refereed as WM a few times and I believe even at the end they said it wasn't true WM but Thor was still operating at level he does not operate on a regular bases. Like I was telling Quan using feat from that era is pretty much useless for Current Thor.

Originally posted by Galan007 I doubt the board to the back cheap shot that Surfer used against Bill to gain the upper hand would be as successful a second time. Bill is many things, but a dumb fighter he is not. It really didn't have to do with being dumb. It's hard to block something that moves faster than Light< and a lot faster than Bill can move even with SB he had to put mines to outrun Surfer>

While Surfer is blasting from the front it will be very hard/nearly impossible to block the board. Considering the output level Surfer can generate a Omni shield will not hold and evenly BB will get hit.

You have to remember Surfer was the one holding back here and even tells Bill flat out that he can't match his power.

quanchi112
That might be the case but the point was it was refereed as WM a few times and I believe even at the end they said it wasn't true WM but Thor was still operating at level he does not operate on a regular bases. Like I was telling Quan using feat from that era is pretty much useless for Current Thor.

It really didn't have to do with being dumb. It's hard to block something that moves faster than Light< and a lot faster than Bill can move even with SB he had to put mines to outrun Surfer>

While Surfer is blasting from the front it will be very hard/nearly impossible to block the board. Considering the output level Surfer can generate a Omni shield will not hold and evenly BB will get hit.

You have to remember Surfer was the one holding back here and even tells Bill flat out that he can't match his power. Why is it useless to current Thor?

h1a8
Thor has more battle experience and he's already treated the Surfer like trash.

This is a forum fight. Comic fights hold no water if they contradict what will really happen.

The true heralds wins this easily.

JakeTheBank
No one is winning this "easily".

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
This is a forum fight. Comic fights hold no water if they contradict what will really happen.

The true heralds wins this easily. Comics are what really happens otherwise you just end up being delusional.

h1a8
Comics are what really happens otherwise you just end up being delusional.

Yes and No. Yes for comics and no for comic fights. Comics tell us what really happened. That means SS can annihilate Thor easily based off the things he's shown to be capable of. But their fights against each other falls into Story and Popularity of character.

Galan007
It really didn't have to do with being dumb. It's hard to block something that moves faster than Light<

and a lot faster than Bill can move even with SB he had to put mines to outrun Surfer There is really no way to know for sure if Bill could or could not have blocked the board - it did strike him from behind, after all. However, the fact that just prior to getting cheap shotted with the board, Bill was easily perceiving Surfer and countering his attacks, tells me he could have countered the board as well (had he been prepared.)

Bill was trying to reach the planet before Surfer and Galactus arrived there, because he wanted to blow it up before Galactus himself had a chance to feed on it (which was basically the premise of the "Godhunter" series.) That said, the mines were only meant to distract Surfer long enough for Bill to reach said planet, activate the charges, and detonate them, before Surfer got in the way again. But yeah, no one is debating Surfer's superiority in the travel speed department - he's likely even faster than Skuttlebutt where that's concerned.

carver9
Why do you all fuss with H1 when you know he say what he say for attention?

Naija boy
There is really no way to know for sure if Bill could or could not have blocked the board - it did strike him from behind, after all. However, the fact that just prior to getting cheap shotted with the board, Bill was easily perceiving Surfer and countering his attacks, tells me he could have countered the board as well (had he been prepared.)

Rasing his hammer and then aim blocking surfers blasts =/= to countering the board attack. The board blitz is a faster attack first of all. Then there is the fact that simply raising his hammer to block the boards aim wouldnt work in regards to the blast because he wouldnt be able to telegraph its flight path (surfer could change it at any time) as well as the fact that the hammer itself isnt large enough to outright block the board. Then we also have to consider that even if bill would be able to counter the board blitz as an isolated attack (which is unlikely) its a whole different story when surfer is using both blasts and the board simultaneously (which is what he did in their fight).

carver9
So basically Surfer only way of beating the Hammer bro is using his board against them.

I dont know why people consider Surfer above Bill when he cheap shotted him for an advantage. Bill had the advantage before that board slap. Surfer used tactic to take Bill out, it was nothing suggested or shown to even make me think Surfer is more powerful than Bill.

Naija boy
Originally posted by carver9
So basically Surfer only way of beating the Hammer bro is using his board against them.

I dont know why people consider Surfer above Bill when he cheap shotted him for an advantage. Bill had the advantage before that board slap. Surfer used tactic to take Bill out, it was nothing suggested or shown to even make me think Surfer is more powerful than Bill.

When did anyone argue that was surfers only way of winning? Honestly i dont know if u deliberately type some of the nonsense u spout or if ur reading comprehension is really this poor.

Surfers board attack is an attack he has used on multiple occasions and which is a valid tactic. Call it a cheap shot if a makes u feel better but it is an attack that can be replicated over and over. In regards to who is more powerful, it has been outright stated on panel that surfer > BRB overall powerwise as well as having superior feats etc.

carver9
When did anyone argue that was surfers only way of winning? Honestly i dont know if u deliberately type some of the nonsense u spout or if ur reading comprehension is really this poor.

Surfers board attack is an attack he has used on multiple occasions and which is a valid tactic. Call it a cheap shot if a makes u feel better but it is an attack that can be replicated over and over. In regards to who is more powerful, it has been outright stated on panel that surfer > BRB overall powerwise as well as having superior feats etc.

I brought that up because that is the only thing that has been mentioned throughout the thread.

Of course Surfer has more feats, he shows up more than Bill but its pretty much safe to say that Bill is Surfers equal. Bill ripping through Galactus hull with a blast proves this.

I know Surfers board attack is a valuable tactic but I also think that is his ONLY tactic against someone like Bill that has shown that he can keep up and absorb Surfer attacks along with delivering a crucial blow.

Bouboumaster

You are wrong on many things:

1- Surfer can outpower Beta Ray Bill, has Surfer said himself: "You cannot match me, Bill. Why do you persist?" And then Bill answer to Surfer, suggesting that Surfer would have probably kick his ass.

2- Bill taked advantage by cheap-shotting Surfer at the first place: Surfer was following the space ship and BRB just got out to smack Surfer.

3- Surfer didn't cheap-shotted Bill: He used a tactic to bring him down: He first created a diversion with a blast, that Bill blocked to hit him with the board from behind.

4- After the hit, Bill is resignated, after having his face smash by a good punch from Surfer.

An all-out Surfer would murder Bill, and since they are at least supposed to be equal, he should take a majority on Thor too.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3930/ss1sgr.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3879/ss2yty.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1622/ss3mvu.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5602/ss4hen.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
You are wrong on many things:

1- Surfer can outpower Beta Ray Bill, has Surfer said himself: "You cannot match me, Bill. Why do you persist?" And then Bill answer to Surfer, suggesting that Surfer would have probably kick his ass.

2- Bill taked advantage by cheap-shotting Surfer at the first place: Surfer was following the space ship and BRB just got out to smack Surfer.

3- Surfer didn't cheap-shotted Bill: He used a tactic to bring him down: He first created a diversion with a blast, that Bill blocked to hit him with the board from behind.

4- After the hit, Bill is resignated, after having his face smash by a good punch from Surfer.

An all-out Surfer would murder Bill, and since they are at least supposed to be equal, he should take a majority on Thor too.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3930/ss1sgr.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3879/ss2yty.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1622/ss3mvu.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5602/ss4hen.jpg

What are you talking about? Surfer wasnt aiming at the ship, he was shooting at Bill and got pimp slapped twice.

Surfer gained the advantage AFTER the board to the back of the head.

Naija boy
I brought that up because that is the only thing that has been mentioned throughout the thread.

Of course Surfer has more feats, he shows up more than Bill but its pretty much safe to say that Bill is Surfers equal. Bill ripping through Galactus hull with a blast proves this.

I know Surfers board attack is a valuable tactic but I also think that is his ONLY tactic against someone like Bill that has shown that he can keep up and absorb Surfer attacks along with delivery a crucial blow.

Its not safe to say bill is surfers equal at all. Its been mentioned that surfer is outright more powerful than he is first of all. U cant then attempt to disregard surfers better feats than bill by saying he has more apearances and then go ahead and try to use one of bills highest feat to prove him being equal to surfer even though surfer has better feats. than that. Double standard much?

Further that fight was pretty decisive, Surfer was holding back immensely against a an extremely pissed off bill, took bills based attacks unharmed and then beat him into the fetal position. Surfers board attack is just a very effective tactic he can use against Bill. Its by no means the only tactic. Blasting (bill can absorb his attacks yes but certainly not eery single one of them) as well as encasment and matter manip are all very valid tactics he can use as well.

carver9
Its not safe to say bill is surfers equal at all. Its been mentioned that surfer is outright more powerful than he is first of all. U cant then attempt to disregard surfers better feats than bill by saying he has more apearances and then go ahead and try to use one of bills highest feat to prove him being equal to surfer even though surfer has better feats. than that. Double standard much?

Further that fight was pretty decisive, Surfer was holding back immensely against a an extremely pissed off bill, took bills based attacks unharmed and then beat him into the fetal position. Surfers board attack is just a very effective tactic he can use against Bill. Its by no means the only tactic. Blasting (bill can absorb his attacks yes but certainly not eery single one of them) as well as encasment and matter manip are all very valid tactics he can use as well.

So basically with your assumption we are basing things off of what was shown during a fight because if thats the case, Thor>Surfer if we look at everything on panel.

During that fight Bill was blocking every attack Surfer sent his way and he did the same thing while fighting Star Dust. I see no reason why he cant block them on a forum fight since he has proven reflex wise as being capable of doing so. I agree, Surfer did shrug off the hammer hits but I think the fight would have lasted far longer than it did without that smart but yet cheap shot tactic.

Galan007
Rasing his hammer and then aim blocking surfers blasts =/= to countering the board attack. The board blitz is a faster attack first of all. Then there is the fact that simply raising his hammer to block the boards aim wouldnt work in regards to the blast because he wouldnt be able to telegraph its flight path (surfer could change it at any time) as well as the fact that the hammer itself isnt large enough to outright block the board. Then we also have to consider that even if bill would be able to counter the board blitz as an isolated attack (which is unlikely) its a whole different story when surfer is using both blasts and the board simultaneously (which is what he did in their fight). Shields. Warp tunnel. Omni-blast.

...Just circling around to our former debate (which I really don't want to start again.) stick out tongue

Bouboumaster
What are you talking about? Surfer wasnt aiming at the ship, he was shooting at Bill and got pimp slapped twice.

Surfer gained the advantage AFTER the board to the back of the head.

I didn't say that Surfer was aiming the ship: I say that he was following it. Also, Beta Ray Bill got out of it to hit Surfer, when Surfer was there to talk.

Also, since the board is part of Silver Surfer itself, can we really call that a cheap shot?

Galan007
Also, since the board is part of Silver Surfer itself, can we really call that a cheap shot? Yes. We can.

On another note: I never thought I'd say this, but many of carver's points are valid.

janus77
Surfer wasn't even trying to fight BRB, he did eventually slap BRB down but it was as an adult would a particularly petulant and disagreeable child. Surfer told BRB to stay down, which BRB wisely did, as there was no way BRB could match Surfer's power.

Surfer gave BRB the first few shots, which were pretty much fullblooded, and then just put him in his place.

Maybe Surfer could go eXiles and use the board to chop them both?

Bouboumaster
Yes. We can.

On another note: I never thought I'd say this, but many of carver's points are valid.

You should have tought longer, dude, 'cause much of his recent arguments doesn't say what really happened in the scan! stick out tongue

carver9
I didn't say that Surfer was aiming the ship: I say that he was following it. Also, Beta Ray Bill got out of it to hit Surfer, when Surfer was there to talk.

Also, since the board is part of Silver Surfer itself, can we really call that a cheap shot?

How can you say Surfer was trying to talk when he was blasting at Bill as soon as Bill came out of the ship?

You must didnt see that part where bill was blocking that blast. Thats when Surfer got hit across that dome twice.

I know its part of Surfer but it still wasnt a straight up fight. I think things would have went much different if that incident wasnt included.

carver9
You should have tought longer, dude, 'cause much of his recent arguments doesn't say what really happened in the scan! stick out tongue

It say a lot, Surfer attacked first, Bill blocked EVERY attack Surfer threw his way and countered it with a hammer hit. If it wasnt for that board hit, the fight might have went the other way. I seen no one being superior in that fight, it was a cheap shot.

kgkg

I dont know why people consider Surfer above Bill when he cheap shotted him for an advantage. Bill had the advantage before that board slap. Surfer used tactic to take Bill out, it was nothing suggested or shown to even make me think Surfer is more powerful than Bill. No that's not the only way. Surfer is more durable, faster, more powerful etc.

You have to remember Surfer was holding back , I don't know why so many people are calling it cheap shot. Especially considering Surfer was there to talk and got cheapshoted himself. If anything BRB got a free shot in the fight which seem to have little affect on Surfer.

carver9
No that's not the only way. Surfer is more durable, faster, more powerful etc.

You have to remember Surfer was holding back , I don't know why so many people are calling it cheap shot. Especially considering Surfer was there to talk and got cheapshoted himself. If anything BRB got a free shot in the fight which seem to have little affect on Surfer.

Surfer attacked 1st and if Surfer was holding back and knew he had such an advantage, he wouldnt have cheap shotted Bill like he did.

Surfer is more durable? Thats debatable, especially against a guy that was asleep in an exploding sun and didnt even notice it. Faster, also debatable since we see Bill and Surfer fighting at super speed and we see Bill blocking EVERYTHING that Surfer threw at him and THEN gaining the advantage until that cheap shot hit him in the back of the head.

More power? Still debatable since bill cause harm towards his master with just a mere blast. Everything you said is debatable.

Slaanesh
it was a one on one fight..and Surfer beat BRB..it was clear that Surfer > BRB..there's nothing to argue about that fight..the board is Surfer weapon..he can use it however he like..why do u wanna take that away??Bill and Thor use a hammer to win all the time..i don't see anybody saying it was a cheap trick..

kgkg
Originally posted by carver9 Surfer attacked 1st and if Surfer was holding back and knew he had such an advantage, he wouldnt have cheap shotted Bill like he did. He was trying to stop Bill from doing what he was doing. Clearly he wasn't using anything potent he wanted to slow him down. When Surfer did get close BRB blasted him with a lot of force. Which didn't even harm Surfer.

Originally posted by carver9 Everything you said is debatable. Ya so is Cat vs Thor

Bouboumaster
And what about Bill getting flat out by Surfer in one punchin the face, and Surfer basically making Bill his ***** after saying to stay down because he wasn't a match for him?

carver9
And what about Bill getting flat out by Surfer in one punchin the face, and Surfer basically making Bill his ***** after saying to stay down because he wasn't a match for him?

After that board to the back of the head, the fight was done so your post is moot.

carver9
Originally posted by Slaanesh
it was a one on one fight..and Surfer beat BRB..it was clear that Surfer > BRB..there's nothing to argue about that fight..the board is Surfer weapon..he can use it however he like..why do u wanna take that away??Bill and Thor use a hammer to win all the time..i don't see anybody saying it was a cheap trick..

Bill had the advantage until he got hit in the back of the head. What is so hard for YOU to understand about that fight.

carver9
He was trying to stop Bill from doing what he was doing. Clearly he wasn't using anything potent he wanted to slow him down. When Surfer did get close BRB blasted him with a lot of force. Which didn't even harm Surfer.

Ya so is Cat vs Thor

Bill never blasted him in that fight and Surfer attacked him, thats not a sign of wanting to talk.

kgkg
Bill had the advantage until he got hit in the back of the head. What is so hard for YOU to understand about that fight. laughing out loud Advantage? yes you are crazy.

Slaanesh
Bill had the advantage until he got hit in the back of the head. What is so hard for YOU to understand about that fight.

what the hell is wrong with that??u wanna tell me Surfer can't use his board to attack??that it's not fair??that there can be no speedblitz in a fight..

and Bill never got any advantage..Surfer wasn't even going all out..he was asking Bill to stop..

carver9
laughing out loud Advantage? yes you are crazy.

So Bill didnt have the advantage at the beginning of the fight?

I could have sworn it played out like this:

Bill come out of the ship. As soon as he get out of the ship he is blasted by Surfer but he absorbs it. Surfer continues to blast but Bill is absorbing it. Bill then attack, hit Surfer in the chest with his hammer. He attack AGAIN, hitting Surfer in the face with the hammer. Surfer, attacks back with a blast but yet again Bill absorbs it (and here come the cheap shot). Surfer then hits Bill in the back of the head and while Bill is falling Surfer then start punching him. confused

carver9
Originally posted by Slaanesh
what the hell is wrong with that??u wanna tell me Surfer can't use his board to attack??that it's not fair??that there can be no speedblitz in a fight..

and Bill never got any advantage..Surfer wasn't even going all out..he was asking Bill to stop..

I never said anything was wrong with Surfer not using his board but for a second fight, I cant see it playing out like that, especially since Bill was handing Surfer his ass in the beginning of the fight.

By the way, Surfer always try to reason with people when he is fighting, its just part of his character. That doesnt mean that he is holding back. Why would he hold back against someone as powerful as Bill or Thor?

kgkg
So Bill didnt have the advantage at the beginning of the fight?

I could have sworn it played out like this:

Bill come out of the ship. As soon as he get out of the ship he is blasted by Surfer but he absorbs it. Surfer continues to blast but Bill is absorbing it. Bill then attack, hit Surfer in the chest with his hammer. He attack AGAIN, hitting Surfer in the face with the hammer. Surfer, attacks back with a blast but yet again Bill absorbs it (and here come the cheap shot). Surfer then hits Bill in the back of the head and while Bill is falling Surfer then start punching him. confused Wait so Surfer wanting to talk to him and talking a blast from enragaed BRB to no effect is bill having an advantage? laughing out loud Craver you crack me up sometimes.

Bill being able to absorb SS blast is nothing new you know that's what the hammer does if you didn't know.

Blanket
Bill was handing Surfer his ass...

Selective reading is a problem affecting many.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Yes and No. Yes for comics and no for comic fights. Comics tell us what really happened. That means SS can annihilate Thor easily based off the things he's shown to be capable of. But their fights against each other falls into Story and Popularity of character. No, they don't. I guess by your logic wolverine is greater than most characters since he is more popular than most. The point is Thor's feats are greater than the Surfer's.

kgkg
Bill was handing Surfer his ass...

Selective reading is a problem affecting many. Yes Apparently getting hit by an enraged enemy and not even being hurt is an advantage for Bill.

carver9
Wait so Surfer wanting to talk to him and talking a blast from enragaed BRB to no effect is bill having an advantage? laughing out loud Craver you crack me up sometimes.

Bill being able to absorb SS blast is nothing new you know that's what the hammer does if you didn't know.

Look at Surfer fights and tell me if you see him reasoning with people in half of them.

The point that I was making is that all of Surfer attacks was moot. Bill countered them and got his attacks in whereas Surfer couldnt even hit him until the board incident. Not saying that it wasnt a tactiful thing to do because again, I would have done it but its a cheap shot.

Same goes for Bill. If Bill was fighting Surfer and Bill threw his hammer and then Surfer then proceed to whip his a** and then during the a** whippin Bill hammer clubs Surfer in the back of the head and then Bill gets the advantage. HHHHMMMM, sound like a cheap shot to me.

carver9
Yes Apparently getting hit by an enraged enemy and not even being hurt is an advantage for Bill.

Apparently you attacking someone and NONE of your attacks is going through yet the other person is getting all of their attacks in. confused

kgkg
Apparently you attacking someone and NONE of your attacks is going through yet the other person is getting all of their attacks in. confused The fight wasn't long. Bill can block attacks nothing new. lol at all Bills attacks going through you realize Bill hit him once while he was close and wanted to discuss the matter? Great job there lol
The sad part is Bill attacking did nothing. Board is part of Surfer Bill should have know when he knocked him off his board.

Blanket
Apparently you attacking someone and NONE of your attacks is going through yet the other person is getting all of their attacks in. confused That's like saying somebody getting teed off on, and blocking all of them, and landing two shots that did nothing means that the two shots equals an ass kicking.

carver9
The fight wasn't long. Bill can block attacks nothing new. lol at all Bills attacks going through you realize Bill hit him once while he was close and wanted to discuss the matter? Great job there lol
The sad part is Bill attacking did nothing. Board is part of Surfer Bill should have know when he knocked him off his board.

Bill hit him twice. Once across the chest, then he proceeded with an uppercut which sent Surfer through his ship.

Bill DID block all of Surfers attacks and again, if the board tactic didnt happen, (which I dont think it would happen for a second time) the fight would have played out MUCH different.

carver9
That's like saying somebody getting teed off on, and blocking all of them, and landing two shots that did nothing means that the two shots equals an ass kicking.

What I'm saying is Surfer couldnt get any of his blast in whereas Bill was able to get his attacks in without much trouble.

I dont think two Hammer hits would be enough to take Surfer out.

If the fight would have played out a little long, THEN we would have seen a difference.

Blanket
What I'm saying is Surfer couldnt get any of his blast in whereas Bill was able to get his attacks in without much trouble.

I dont think two Hammer hits would be enough to take Surfer out.

If the fight would have played out a little long, THEN we would have seen a difference. Only because Surfer ran at him head first. Bill would have never touched him had Surfer stayed back... just like Surfer wouldn't have.

The fight did play out a little longer... Bill didn't look that good.

carver9
Only because Surfer ran at him head first. Bill would have never touched him had Surfer stayed back... just like Surfer wouldn't have.

The fight did play out a little longer... Bill didn't look that good.

LOL, out of everyone on the forum, I do not enjoy debating against you.

Surfer had no choice but to come at him like that because all of his shots wasnt getting through. By the way, I seen some twirling going on during that battle from the Surfer in the beginning of the fight.

Yep, once that board hit Bill in the back of the head Bill did not look so good. Maybe if he pressed his attack after slamming Surfer into the ship with that uppercut, the board incident might wouldnt have happened.

Blanket
LOL, out of everyone on the forum, I do not enjoy debating against you.

Surfer had no choice but to come at him like that because all of his shots wasnt getting through. By the way, I seen some twirling going on during that battle from the Surfer in the beginning of the fight.

Yep, once that board hit Bill in the back of the head Bill did not look so good. Maybe if he pressed his attack after slamming Surfer into the ship with that uppercut, the board incident might wouldnt have happened. K.

Ya, because Beta was riot shielding in the corner, basically. Ya, Surfer was twirling around the ship blasting. I'd imagine it wouldn't have looked good for Bill if he wasn't on his ship moving at incredible speeds... but I digress.

He would have came close to Surfer, and Surfer apparently can make him spray blood with a punch. as well as him forfeiting the riot shield corner idea. I don't know if it would have ended much different.

Naija boy
So basically with your assumption we are basing things off of what was shown during a fight because if thats the case, Thor>Surfer if we look at everything on panel.

During that fight Bill was blocking every attack Surfer sent his way and he did the same thing while fighting Star Dust. I see no reason why he cant block them on a forum fight since he has proven reflex wise as being capable of doing so. I agree, Surfer did shrug off the hammer hits but I think the fight would have lasted far longer than it did without that smart but yet cheap shot tactic.

Not really. The only time thor has actually beaten surfer was during B and T and he was not portrayed at regular levels at all.

Bill blocked and absorbed two of surfers blasts iirc. Big whoop. We know that is what the hammer does. However blocking two blasts from a holding back surfer isnt equivalent to blocking every single of the hundreds of blasts that will be thrown at him consecutively at extremely high speeds from Surfer in a forum fight. As i said before calling surfers board attack a cheap shot tactic does not at all erase its validity in a forum fight. He has been shown to use this tactic on multiple occasions and can and will use it here. Yes the fight may have lasted longer than it did if Surfer didnt use the board (the result would have been the same regardless), but if he had a means of attack to end the fight very quickly why shouldnt he have used it? Frankly u have no case whatsoever.....

quanchi112
One thing that fight didn't prove was bill's superiority in any way.

carver9
One thing that fight didn't prove was bill's superiority in any way.

I agree. I never thought of him as being superior but equals, that is something that I do think but to each his own.

quanchi112
I agree. I never thought of him as being superior but equals, that is something that I do think but to each his own. I thought they could go back and forth and still think bill could win a few but that fight showed domination on the Surfer's part.

carver9
I thought they could go back and forth and still think bill could win a few but that fight showed domination on the Surfer's part.

I agree, it did (whispering)..once that board hit Bill on that noggin.

Naija boy
I never said anything was wrong with Surfer not using his board but for a second fight, I cant see it playing out like that, especially since Bill was handing Surfer his ass in the beginning of the fight.

By the way, Surfer always try to reason with people when he is fighting, its just part of his character. That doesnt mean that he is holding back. Why would he hold back against someone as powerful as Bill or Thor?

Handing surfer his ass? Thats more like u talking out of ur ass. Bill got in the first two hits which did absolutely nothing to surfer. And thats only because surfer flew in trying to reason with him in the first place. Jeez, u have the reading skills of a blind man.

And moreover Surfer attempting to reason and talk it out with his opponents while fighting them most of the time is clear evidence of him holding back (which he does almsot always). He does it because he doesnt want to hurt them and sees the diplomatic route as a preferrable alternative. Further the exact reason that he would hold back against someone like Bill or Thor is that they are his friends and his he would especially not want to cause them harm, but if violence is inevitable, he want to defeat them while inflicting as little harm as possible.

quanchi112
I agree, it did (whispering)..once that board hit Bill on that noggin. Even before so he easily recovered from bill's initial attack.

carver9
Even before so he easily recovered from bill's initial attack.

I dont think it was a easy recover since Bill had the chance to say a sentence before Surfer attacked again.

I dont think two hammer shots would be enough to harm Surfer anyway, especially with the Juggernaut level durability that he have BUT in a prolong fight, straight up, those hammer shots would have taken its toll.

I cant see the same trick happening twice and reflex wise, Bill can dodge it a second time and do the same thing that Surfer is doing, having his hammer attack Surfer from different angles.

quanchi112
I dont think it was a easy recover since Bill had the chance to say a sentence before Surfer attacked again.

I dont think two hammer shots would be enough to harm Surfer anyway, especially with the Juggernaut level durability that he have BUT in a prolong fight, straight up, those hammer shots would have taken its toll.

I cant see the same trick happening twice and reflex wise, Bill can dodge it a second time and do the same thing that Surfer is doing, having his hammer attack Surfer from different angles. It might not but Surfer easily recovered while Bill was beaten down while Surfer was still trying to talk and reason with a fanatic.

Naija boy
Shields. Warp tunnel. Omni-blast.

...Just circling around to our former debate (which I really don't want to start again.) stick out tongue

lol ok, ill just go after Carver evil face

carver9
It might not but Surfer easily recovered while Bill was beaten down while Surfer was still trying to talk and reason with a fanatic.

LOL, thats just how the Surfer is, he beat ass and talk at the same time. Bill should have pressed his attack but it really doesnt matter to me about the fight because I'm a fan of both and I always put Surfer at the top when it comes to high heralds. Besides Thor and Bill, I cant see any other high herald even posing a threat to him.

carver9
lol ok, ill just go after Carver evil face

LOL, thats messed up.

quanchi112
LOL, thats just how the Surfer is, he beat ass and talk at the same time. Bill should have pressed his attack but it really doesnt matter to me about the fight because I'm a fan of both and I always put Surfer at the top when it comes to high heralds. Besides Thor and Bill, I cant see any other high herald even posing a threat to him. I think Thor is a different matter but for whatever it is we both agree surfer looked far better in this issue anyways. Shocker to see Bill get owned in his own mini that convincingly.

carver9
I think Thor is a different matter but for whatever it is we both agree surfer looked far better in this issue anyways. Shocker to see Bill get owned in his own mini that convincingly.

I never agreed with you about Bill getting owned. confused

I also think the same tactic would have worked on Thor but in a second fight that same trick wouldnt help.

Galan007
lol ok, ill just go after Carver evil face laughing out loud

BattleMage
Originally posted by Firestorms
not gonna happen, first Silver Surfer's speed makes the Flash look average and he makes Bill and Thor look like a snail, so I don't see him getting blind sided without epic levels of PIS
Even if he does get whamed its not enough IMO to put down Silver Surfer
Thor's hammer doesn't have enough 'kick', it doesn't have enough 'Umph' anymore
Classic Thor with his plot device hammer would probably beat classic Silver Surfer, since Thor had the greater power set back then and Surfer was kinda wimpy, always holding something back

Since his power up he owned Bill bad, Surfer is no longer a peaceful wimp who holds it all back, he got seriously amped by Glactus and he has learned some hand to hand skills over the years. Thor rarely shows his skill anymore and BRB proved to be greater to Thor on some occasions and was at least close to classic Thor's power level.
In their latest encounter Surfer ate up some BRB's strongest hammer attacks like they were an annoyance and even though BRB and Scuttlebutt had a fair fight and were giving it their all the fight was still one of the shortest battles in Surfer's favor

Like I was saying I don't think those hammer strikes have enough kick anymore
Sentry soaked up Thor's best
Gladiator soaked up Thor's shots
Rulk soaked up OdinForce Thor's strikes like they were nothing
Hulk has soaked up Thor's attacks

Basically what I'm saying is I believe Surfer has evolved to much greater levels since his classic days
While Thor was deliberately de-powered

While I don't think Stardust has the strength to beat BRB or Thor alone but I do think Stardust is no slouch, he/she/it can trade blows with one of the hammer gods for a long while. Delay one of the hammers long enough for Surfer to tag team and finish the job

As for the strongest herald that title might go to Fallen One...if and only if he stuck around a while with enough feats
Or the Destroyer herald
but only if Galactus had built it instead of getting a gift from Odin
Or maybe the supreme herad titles should go to Tyrant, if he actually did the herald job and didn't see himself as an equal and a rival to Galactus himself

Nah....Surfer deserves the no1 herald title and deservedly so cool

quanchi112
I never agreed with you about Bill getting owned. confused

I also think the same tactic would have worked on Thor but in a second fight that same trick wouldnt help. How could anyone say he wasn't owned when he was a bloody mess at Surfer's feet while still trying to talk the fanatical Bill down?

Thor isn't Bill so take that thought out of your mind right there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.