Which character's power level has changed the most since their creation?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
My vote would have to be Sue Storm, she went from being the useless chick who could turn invisible and nothing else to being the FF's most powerful member.

iceman24567
The original wasp erm

Parmaniac
Superman

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Omega Vision
My vote would have to be Sue Storm, she went from being the useless chick who could turn invisible and nothing else to being the FF's most powerful member.

The same could be said about Wanda and Jean Grey.

Omega Vision
In the opposite direction Mongul was certainly downgraded greatly post crisis from DC's Thanos (if not in terms of intelligence then certainly in terms of role and power) to Superman rogue #15.

iceman24567
Nah precrisis Mongul was pretty smart

TheTyrant
Superman.
Mxy.
Bat-Mite.
Ultimate Nullifier.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nah precrisis Mongul was pretty smart
Oh he had moments of cleverness to be sure (Black Mercy springs to mind, he was one of the few people who realized that without the S-Shield Earth is practically defenseless) and some pretty good tech but he was a very poor man's Darkseid who's ambition was pretty much to be feared and bowed to more than anything else. Instead of pursuing something badass like the Anti-Life Equation he was looking for the Death Sta- I mean War World.

Parmaniac
Maybe Spectre?

iceman24567
Heh Well Darkseid is a poor mans Thanos eek!

Omega Vision
Heh Well Darkseid is a poor mans Thanos eek!
Them's fighting words, *****. mad

Juntai
Heh Well Thanos is a poor mans Darkseid thumb up

iceman24567
Fight my balls sack son smile

Omega Vision
Fight my balls sack son smile
I'm too busy fighting your mom's ballsack. sneer

Q99
Batman. When he started out, a few thugs could give him a real fight.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Batman. When he started out, a few thugs could give him a real fight.
Not to mention the Wayne family fortune was originally a 'mere' multi-million dollar trust fund, not a Fortune 500 Enterprise that it is today.

manx422
Batman
today he can fight despero

Galan007
Doom.

On another note: I don't know why people are saying Superman. He could do anything in the golden age, and he can do anything now.

Original Smurph
Elaine Belloc

Starscream M
being the FF's most powerful member. being the FF's most powerful member isn't really that impressive imo

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Doom.

On another note: I don't know why people are saying Superman. He could do anything in the golden age, and he can do anything now.
Not really. In his first year he was a Class 10-50 brick who could only jump really high and who's skin could be pierced by heavy artillery shells.

Starscream M
Doom.

On another note: I don't know why people are saying Superman. He could do anything in the golden age, and he can do anything now. he originally couldn't fly.

I doubt he had tvo back then

he also couldnt rub his hands to close wormholes.

Q99
Doom.

No, that's Silver Age.

Golden Age, he couldn't fly, he was just about tough enough to take an artillery shell, and lacked most of his secondary powers.

*Edit* Wow, everyone caught that one.

Original Smurph
Galan got smacked down thrice in a row. That must hurt. baka

Galan007
Geeze, it's funny how seriously my non-serious posts get taken.

Guess I'm just that cool. he

Q99
Unless there's a smily or something, the difference between a serious and not-so-serious post isn't visible on our end.

Starscream M

Guess I'm just that cool. he yeah, sure you were just joking. hence, the lack of a smilie roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindship
Invisible Woman
Superman
Batman
Sentry
Thing

Original Smurph
Another double pwnage.

Brucey is taking Galan to the ropes.

iceman24567
It was somewhat obvious that he was joking/wanking

OneDumbG0

Guess I'm just that cool. he Yeah! You were totally being serious! duster

*insert another jab to needlessly pile on Galan007 over absolutely nothing*

manx422
lol galan got pwned

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
yeah, sure you were just joking. hence, the lack of a smilie roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah I guess it is impossible to leave some things up to common sense... I mean, even though Stevie Wonder could see the differences in power between golden age and current Supes, I, Galan of KMC, must have been serious. Oh here, I'll post a smilie so everyone knows I'm joking: "vin"

People are funny.

galactusischere
Elaine
Spectre
Thanos
Superman

Original Smurph
People are funny. I liked the previous comment more. uhuh

Galan007
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Another double pwnage.

Brucey is taking Galan to the ropes. Careful! You might be next. sneer

I was joking (hence the smilie)

Just so we're clear.

Starscream M
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Yeah! You were totally being serious! duster

*insert another jab to needlessly pile on Galan007 over absolutely nothing* its not an issue had galan either just inserted a smilie or just admitted he was mistaken

now he is making it seem like we should all assume he was joking and that somehow we're the ignorant ones for correcting his ...uh 'joke'

Galan007
I liked the previous comment more. uhuh I'm sure he will troll more, so there will be ample time to post it in the future. thumb up

Galan007
its not an issue had galan either just inserted a smilie or just admitted he was mistaken

now he is making it seem like we should all assume he was joking and that somehow we're the ignorant ones for correcting his ...uh 'joke' You? Ignorant?

Nah.

Omega Vision
Yeah I guess it is impossible to leave some things up to common sense... I mean, even though Stevie Wonder could see the differences in power between golden age and current Supes, I, Galan of KMC, must have been serious. Oh here, I'll post a smilie so everyone knows I'm joking: "vin"

People are funny.
Rule of the internet: if sarcasm/a joke isn't funny it will be taken as a serious statement.

Gecko4lif
Jean gray easily

iceman24567
Jean Grey sucks though no expression

Starscream M
I'm sure he will troll more, so there will be ample time to post it in the future. thumb up who you think is trolling? confused

Galan007
Rule of the internet: if sarcasm/a joke isn't funny it will be taken as a serious statement. Truth. I mean, what ever did this world do before there were smilies? Musta been a boring place to live.

Starscream M
Truth. I mean, what ever did this world do before there were smilies? Musta been a boring place to live. there are other ways to indicate it

ie

*wink*

/sarc

etc

Galan007
there are other ways to indicate it

ie

*wink*

/sarc

etc Oh okay, so it's kind of like having safe words when you role play? How about every time I'm joking about something, I say "Massachusetts"?

Will that work?

Starscream M
Oh okay, so it's kind of like having safe words when you role play? How about every time I'm joking about something, I say "Massachusetts"?

Will that work? how bout you just do what everyone else doesn't have trouble doing and just input a smilie when you're joking.

You're usually serious so it's hard for people to tell.

btw, who were you calling a troll?

Galan007
btw, who were you calling a troll? The troll.

Original Smurph
btw, who were you calling a troll? I would assume the person who continues to troll on this fruitless discussion revolving around his own lack of reading comprehension.

If you see him, let him know, k?

iceman24567
I would assume the person who continues to troll on this fruitless discussion revolving around his own lack of reading comprehension.

If you see him, let him know, k? lmao

Starscream M
I would assume the person who continues to troll on this fruitless discussion revolving around his own lack of reading comprehension.

If you see him, let him know, k? whatev.

rotiart
Superman
in his original incarnation was a radio show
and while he went from luke cage.early levels to killer of new gods

Wild Shadow
i heard the beyonder has bn severely and repeatedly retcon to the point he is no longer his once supreme self just b/c some douche editor/writer hated his character.

Galan007
Originally posted by rotiart
Superman
in his original incarnation was a radio show
and while he went from luke cage.early levels to killer of new gods Ohhhh, you'd better post an "I was joking" smilie, or it is SO on. uhuh

Omega Vision
Phantom Stranger maybe. Originally he was just an ordinary human who debunked phony paranormal phenomena and now he's an Archangel with powers that are at Skyfather level or higher.

Original Smurph
Elaine Belloc

psycho gundam
Ohhhh, you'd better post an "I was joking" smilie, or it is SO on. uhuh he's right though, golden age to silver age superman....big change in levels of power.

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he's right though, golden age to silver age superman....big change in levels of power. he was joking. no expression

psycho gundam
he was joking. no expression no he wasn't

Galan007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he's right though, golden age to silver age superman....big change in levels of power. Duh?

ExodusCloak
Jean Grey sucks though no expression

This is true, after 40+ years she still manages to have the personality of a cardboard box.

Parmaniac
Truth. I mean, what ever did this world do before there were smilies? Musta been a boring place to live. There always were smileys or similar stuff:
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/tcr/lowres/tcrn218l.jpg

biscuits

rotiart
Ohhhh, you'd better post an "I was joking" smilie, or it is SO on. uhuh

you know it's the truth!!
;-)

and I completely forgot about Jean grey...
Though for the proper spirit of things iceman becoming an omega...

Astner
Beyonder?

scarlet witch

Galan007
Max Faraday.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
scarlet witch
Yeah she went from probability manipulator to chaos magic to Omniversal reality warping.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.