Kain v.s. A phazon metroid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Phazon_Metroid

^Phazon Metroid.

Takes place in Elysia.

Phanteros
Kain gets corrupted if he tries to hit it.

MooCowofJustice
In Elysia, or Skytown? If it's in Elysia both of them could probably die due to the harsh storms.

ScreamPaste
Call it Skytown to give Kain some kind of chance.

Burning thought
What can it even do?

MooCowofJustice
Due to a lack of Ice Spells, Kain is pretty screwed. Running is his only hope. I'm not sure of how fast Metroids are.

ScreamPaste
That's what the wiki link I posted will tell you.

It's like a stronger Metroid that can phase out of space/time.

Burning thought
He rips its soul energy out. Hes a soul ripper and they apprently drain soul energy, their screwed.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Due to a lack of Ice Spells, Kain is pretty screwed. Running is his only hope. I'm not sure of how fast Metroids are. Well, They can charge Samus pretty fast.
That would work both ways, not that it makes any sense. Kain isn't strong enough to damage a metroid, and they can phase out of spacetime if they feel threatened.

No End N Site
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Due to a lack of Ice Spells, Kain is pretty screwed. Running is his only hope. I'm not sure of how fast Metroids are.

You know he's not goin' to agree wit that at all.

Burning thought
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
That would work both ways, not that it makes any sense. Kain isn't strong enough to damage a metroid, and they can phase out of spacetime if they feel threatened.

No because Kain has ranged magic and a sword to deal his soul devouring through. Kain on the other hand can just keep away from teh Metroid from latching on and leeching.

Cyner
The Phazon Metroid can phase through anything, and it flies, it's not tied down to anything, through walls, floors, people and can then latch on and kill. Hell it can even phase through attacks (which is annoying in game)

mechagoomba
This battle is such a suck fest :#

Phanteros
Do Metriods have souls?

ScreamPaste
Dunno.

Burning thought
Ofc they do, they drain souls dont they apparently? energy does not disapear so they must contain it.

Phanteros
No that means they are parasitic therefore they don't.

Burning thought
They drain souls, they contain souls therefore. Kain takes their very essence of survival. They die. Simplez

And how does being parasitic mean you dont have a spiritual essence?

ScreamPaste
Even if he could somehow damage a Metroid to get attheir soul, which he can't, he'd just be stealing the Metroid's food from it's stomach. It'd just be hungry and feed on Kain.

Burning thought
It wouldnt be able to feed on anything, hed starve the thing completly. It would be like if I had a weapon that could drain all the suger, energy and protein and w/e a human body requires and took it all away. The body would drop dead, as would this poor ickle metroidicus!

The Scenario
Metroids are described as energy beings, despite being somewhat obviously physical. They grow when they absorb energy, however. If one wants to equate life energy to souls, one could say that Metroids may have an excess of soul. Space Pirate data and experiments state that they can't find whatever it is Metroids drain, and have determined that it is not a physical thing. Might be souls, might not be.

Anyway, Phazon Metroids do indeed phase through matter and out of space-time. One of them could simply phase through the floor and attack Kain's crotch. It's impossible to detach a feeding Metroid without causing yourself to explode. Of course, there's something that hasn't been mentioned yet: Phazon Metroids can shoot lightning. Phazon enhanced lightning.

And this is in Skytown? Well, Elysia is sort of a gas giant planet, and the atmosphere is inhospitable to humans. I don't know how that will affect Kain, but I thoought it should be pointed out.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Burning thought
It wouldnt be able to feed on anything, hed starve the thing completly. It would be like if I had a weapon that could drain all the suger, energy and protein and w/e a human body requires and took it all away. The body would drop dead, as would this poor ickle metroidicus! Cause it did that to the Elder God, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Scenario
Space Pirates have occasionally used Metroids as living batteries, and they have the ability to willingly transfer energy out of themselves to heal things. In the being drained by Pirates example, they just seemed to get pissed off. I don't see the Reaver being very different.

Nephthys
Since when did energy=souls?

The Scenario
Not energy. Life-energy. The Space Pirates have done many studies on the subject.

Life energy, life force, essence, spirit, soul, they're all the same thing.

MooCowofJustice
That is the exact quote I have been going by.

Burning thought
Originally posted by The Scenario
Metroids are described as energy beings, despite being somewhat obviously physical. They grow when they absorb energy, however. If one wants to equate life energy to souls, one could say that Metroids may have an excess of soul. Space Pirate data and experiments state that they can't find whatever it is Metroids drain, and have determined that it is not a physical thing. Might be souls, might not be.

Anyway, Phazon Metroids do indeed phase through matter and out of space-time. One of them could simply phase through the floor and attack Kain's crotch. It's impossible to detach a feeding Metroid without causing yourself to explode. Of course, there's something that hasn't been mentioned yet: Phazon Metroids can shoot lightning. Phazon enhanced lightning.

And this is in Skytown? Well, Elysia is sort of a gas giant planet, and the atmosphere is inhospitable to humans. I don't know how that will affect Kain, but I thoought it should be pointed out.

Ok theres one new and possibly interesting thing, can you show me the lightning? that a phazon metroid can fire plz?

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Cause it did that to the Elder God, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The EG is larger than a metroid. Assuming the EG has a bank of stored energy he would have had to do it for years. W/e he did to the EG, it still defeated him and sent him fleeing.

Sin_Volvagia
If Metroids can suck souls, Kain wins by starving it death.

If Metroids don't suck souls (and they don't), it's a stalemate since Kain can't harm it but he could escape them by turning to mist.

Cyner
If Kain is in mist form couldn't the Metroid just shoot lightning through the mist and vaporize it? The Phazon Radiation emanating from the Metroid alone could possibly kill Kain

Also I'm gonna have to agree with Sin Volvagia for once, I don't think that the Metroids consume souls, it's possible that they consume spirit since that is the "life force" supposed by many religions to be keeping living creatures alive.
I also think they absorb everything about the creature they attack, memories, spirit, energy, everything except soul really. Which gives the best explanation of why Samus had the Hyper Beam when the Metroid gave her the energy it had just pulled from Mother Brain

Edit: even if they do pull souls it's a stalemate because a Phazon Metroid can phase out of time/space whenever it's attacked.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Cyner
If Kain is in mist form couldn't the Metroid just shoot lightning through the mist and vaporize it? The Phazon Radiation emanating from the Metroid alone could possibly kill Kain

I forgot about the Phazon. It's death then.

ScreamPaste
Phazon > Kain.

The Scenario
Eh, I don't see any real difference between souls and life force, but I don't think it really matters. Metroids > Kain.

MooCowofJustice
To be honest, Mist form isn't anywhere near as useful as BT wants it to be.

Burning thought
If Kain cant damage its soul (or it has none), it has no blood and its nigh physically invulnerable. Then the best shot he has is mind control, or he loses.

XanatosForever
mmm Are metroids mindless?

The Scenario
They are vulnerable to Ing Possession. Of course, that's a Tallon Metroid, not a Phazon Metroid. Phazon Metroids are Tallon Metroids that are either enhanced or corrupted by phazon, which is known to cause insanity.

Burning thought
So they can be possessed, in that case Kain could possibly possess or mind control this metroid. If its apprently insane then it wont be able to provide any defence either.

Nephthys
Mind controlling an insane alien does not sound feasible to me. Too different and too dangerous.

Burning thought
Dangerous? why has someone attempted to mind control the alien and been harmed in the process?

Nephthys
No, its the mind controlling a crazy thing part thats dangerous. In the history of fiction, thats never been shown as a smart move. Most of the time they go crazy too. But I suppose thats just suppposition, so you can just ignore me if youwant.

Burning thought
"shrug". Well either way, thats the best thing Kain can do at this point. For all his variety, he can either just escape the metroid, mind control it or freeze it in time. He cant actually kill it if its got no soul energy.

A lot of the assumptions behind what "life force" is however is just that. Its either soul, or not. Both assumptions.

Cyner
How can Kain "freeze it in time"?

Burning thought
incapacitate.

Cyner
that doesn't make sense

Nephthys
The only time spell I remember Kain knowing is his lame slow power that also affects himself. But I only got 3/4s through Defiance.

edit: Ah.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Cyner
that doesn't make sense

Its a single target spell he gains in Blood omen that freezes a target in time.

Originally posted by Nephthys
The only time spell I remember Kain knowing is his lame slow power that also affects himself. But I only got 3/4s through Defiance.

Just proves you know little of Defiance, time slow does not affect himself roll eyes (sarcastic) and lame? it does what it says on the tin, slows enemies in time.

Cyner
I doubt it freezes them forever, I think his only route would be escape... stalemate as long as the Metroid doesn't get anywhere near him and kill him with Phazon exposure, or phase through his attacks and drain him.

Burning thought
No it doesnt freeze them forever. But its a good enough attack and Kain could just rinse and repeat.

Mind control, or time freeze. Kains two options. Or escape.

Cyner
I don't think Kain could mind control a Metroid

Burning thought
You dont? why?

ScreamPaste
Metroids have no brain.

Burning thought
That does not mean they have no mind, they must have some thought process or mind even if they work on instinct.

The Scenario
Has Kain controlled something like that?

Burning thought
No

Cyner
Metroids are... considered the ultimate life form, they are just different than anything else.

They consume life force because they were created as a predator to the most vicious parasite the galaxy has known, which apparently unless you're a Metroid, takes planet busting force to kill one. When exposed to radiation they absorb it and gain new abilities, when exposed to beta rays they speed up their own replication and growth, when Phazon is introduced they easily add it to their genetic makeup. Just introducing a Metroid DNA based Vaccine into Samus gave her the ability to absorb X on contact. In Metroid Prime if you read the space pirate logs it points out that they tried to control Prime and it would destroy and absorb their weapon systems and add it to it's own arsenal. Besides, if they could be mind controlled wouldn't the GF have already attempted to do it with their telepaths?

Burning thought
I dont know, maybe they didnt because of PIS. We cant assume they cant just because they did not.

Cyner
Originally posted by Burning thought
I dont know, maybe they didnt because of PIS. We cant assume they cant just because they did not.

true enough, hopefully Other M will give us more insight. I seriously doubt that the game would create PIS for the Metroids though, they seem OP enough already.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.