The Opposite of Smoking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
We have threads of people who quit smoking before but they were all personal and not for the community as a whole.

I decided today that I'm going to give it another go and try to quit smoking. Doing the math, I can save over $500 a year on my cheap ass cigarettes alone, then there's gas money to drive to the store for specific cigarette runs, lighters, etc.

Once I reach 30 days without a cigarette I'll treat myself to a new video game, then 90 days...I'm not sure yet, but something good. I just got to have something to motivate me, along with friends and family.

I'll post here at least once a day to keep tabs and track the days.

Feel free to discuss your quitting or why you don't want to quit or keep track of your own progress!

-----

So, 4 hours down...a lifetime to go.

gefallen_engel
I could save a fortune on not having to buy lighters alone. I have lost 4 lighters in the last two days. laughing out loud

LanceWindu
Originally posted by gefallen_engel
I could save a fortune on not having to buy lighters alone. I have lost 4 lighters in the last two days. laughing out loud

Damn! Do we have to chain them to you or something? laughing

gefallen_engel
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Damn! Do we have to chain them to you or something? laughing

I was thinking double sided tape.

LanceWindu
I was thinking double sided tape.

Tape gets dirty and loses its stickiness.

gefallen_engel
Krazy glue?

LanceWindu
Krazy glue?

That might work! eek! But how will you light your smokes?

gefallen_engel
I do have two hands.

LanceWindu
I do have two hands.

Where will it be glued?

gefallen_engel
to one of my hands.

LanceWindu
Good luck holding anything else. stick out tongue

gefallen_engel
Bite me!

LanceWindu
You know I will. stick out tongue

All while not smoking. eek! (Just keeping it on topic, laughing )

gefallen_engel
Good job! laughing out loud

LanceWindu
What's the longest you've gone without smoking after you were already addicted?

gefallen_engel
A couple days.

LanceWindu
Wow...I've gone over a year. oh

gefallen_engel
Aren't you special.

Impediment
Fuken quiter!

J/K

All my best to your endeavor, Ken!

LanceWindu
Aren't you special.

Maybeh.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7875/cartmanspecialolympics2.png

dadudemon
Good luck, Ken.

And, I think everyone should stop smoking...unless it's menthols.

Only good smelling MJ should be smoked, as well.

I have a sensitive nose. Damn you smokers.

By the way, I have a lifetime of being smoke free!

WOOOOT!

gefallen_engel
Maybeh.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7875/cartmanspecialolympics2.png

hanuts

LanceWindu
hanuts

lmao Thought you'd like that.

gefallen_engel
lmao Thought you'd like that.

You thought right.

LanceWindu
I know your mind.

gefallen_engel
I know your mind.

Scary isn't it?

LanceWindu
Scary isn't it?

It's a very dark, weird place...haunted with images of cotton balls.

gefallen_engel
It's a very dark, weird place...haunted with images of cotton balls.

I can't believe you just said that! laughing out loud

LanceWindu
I can't believe you just said that! laughing out loud

laughing shrugrin

gefallen_engel
GAH!!!!! Now I have the skeevies!

LanceWindu
Noooooooooo! Think of good things!

gefallen_engel
Think happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

Great, now I have Yo Gabba Gabba in my head!!!!!!

LanceWindu
Think happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

Great, now I have Yo Gabba Gabba in my head!!!!!!

Now I'm thinking about how that one guy looks like a dildo...

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/995/muno.jpg
He's even a one eyed monster.

gefallen_engel
Now I'm thinking about how that one guy looks like a dildo...

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/995/muno.jpg
He's even a one eyed monster.

laughing out loud

There's a white one on the show once in a while too.

LanceWindu
laughing out loud

There's a white one on the show once in a while too.

Oh god, really? Poor kids these days.

Still smoke free, though I've been craving one all night.

AbnormalButSane
No ciggie since Monday

LanceWindu
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
No ciggie since Monday

w00t Good job!

I can feel the headaches coming on.

AbnormalButSane
I can too! w00t

LanceWindu
Still going strong.

So 1 day and a few hours!

Syren
Good for you Ken! I quit when I found out I was pregnant so it's been around 7 months for me, but it helped that the smell of smoke triggered my morning sickness for 6 weeks. That definitely got me over the initial cravings and then just knowing the risks of smoking while pregnant got me through the rest. Now I don't think about smoking unless someone mentions it. I hope I can resist when I'm not pregnant any more, for example the first time I go out for the evening and have a drink I know I'll be tempted erm

Kelly_Bean
We have threads of people who quit smoking before but they were all personal and not for the community as a whole.

I decided today that I'm going to give it another go and try to quit smoking. Doing the math, I can save over $500 a year on my cheap ass cigarettes alone, then there's gas money to drive to the store for specific cigarette runs, lighters, etc.

Once I reach 30 days without a cigarette I'll treat myself to a new video game, then 90 days...I'm not sure yet, but something good. I just got to have something to motivate me, along with friends and family.

I'll post here at least once a day to keep tabs and track the days.

Feel free to discuss your quitting or why you don't want to quit or keep track of your own progress!

-----

So, 4 hours down...a lifetime to go.
You can do it! Cut his freaking head offff!!! :]

gefallen_engel
Still going strong.

So 1 day and a few hours!

Congrats!

LanceWindu
Congrats!

2 days now. stick out tongue

Moscow
Congratulations man. Keep your mind on the straight and clean path forward.

I took up the habit of chewing gum over and over last year for a full month. Never went back to cigs again. Don't even know why we start, but once we do it's so damn hard to quit.

LanceWindu
I don't like chewing gum, it hurts my jaw after a few minutes.

I usually just find stuff to occupy my mind. Since we never smoke inside the house, being busy prevents me from stepping outside.

mikeydude
well ken, i wish you good luck, but personally im not going to quit, i just kinda take breaks, whenever i feel like im craving it i just stop and dont smoke for a few days then go back, so on and so fourth.

im addicted, i know it. and im never going to change..... erm

Rogue Jedi
I don't like chewing gum, it hurts my jaw after a few minutes.

I usually just find stuff to occupy my mind. Since we never smoke inside the house, being busy prevents me from stepping outside. Altoids.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by mikeydude
well ken, i wish you good luck, but personally im not going to quit, i just kinda take breaks, whenever i feel like im craving it i just stop and dont smoke for a few days then go back, so on and so fourth.

im addicted, i know it. and im never going to change..... erm

I'm not the kind of person to preach to anyone about changing their ways, I know how good a cigarette is and I know how hard it is to quit.

mikeydude
oh, i never said you did. i just thought that i should say that for no apparent reason.

LanceWindu
Blah, blah, blah 3 days +.

Mairuzu
Might want to get rid of the sig.

mikeydude
eh, yeah.

LanceWindu
lulz, nah

That ACDC Chick
you should try chanktix
it helped my dad quit smoking and hes smoked since he was 15
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-144470-Chantix+Oral.aspx?drugid=144470&drugname=Chantix+Oral&source=1

mikeydude
lulz, nah
you so funny. no expression

LanceWindu
I stumbled. ha-son

Starting over and resetting the count.

AbnormalButSane
Yeah I had two ciggies today. It could be worse.

LanceWindu
Yeah I had two ciggies today. It could be worse.

Very true.

Cold turkey gets so much harder after each year I've been a smoker.

Rogue Jedi
It was bound to happen, to both of you. Be vigilant, try again, don't quit trying, eventually you'll succeed. I got curious and tried. I went a day and a half before I caved.

AsbestosFlaygon
gnikomS

Tired-Hiker
The easiest way to quit smoking is to not bring the cigarette up to your lips. A buddy of mine who smoked for over fifteen years told me that one time, and when I was trying to finally quit, I kept telling that to myself when I'd start cringing.

In my experience, the cringe would go away in five minutes, and I'm talking about the teeth nashing, fist making, mouth peircing cringe. If I could fight it for five minutes, the demon would leave for a while. Then it just got easier and easier.

It's all about not smoking that "just one more" smoke, or that, "Oh, I haven't had a smoke in a month, one won't hurt," smoke.

The tough times were when I was used to smoking after a meal, or while driving, or after a movie... fighting the cringe during those scenarios got easier and easier the more I fought the cringe for those five minutes. I also ate a lot of lollipops for several weeks until my teeth started to hurt. Then, I had to quit lollipops. By then it didn't matter because the smoking craving had mostly subsided and the lollipops served their purpose.

I quit in November of 2006, and I haven't had a single drag since.

AbnormalButSane
I messed up. I just had a most fantastic smoke after an even more amazing two hours of masturbating. It was glorious.

LanceWindu
I did too...but not after masturbation. It helps with the stress of grandpa being in bad health. shrug Ironic, I know.

AbnormalButSane
I know what you're talking about.

Rogue Jedi
I messed up. I just had a most fantastic smoke after an even more amazing two hours of masturbating. It was glorious. Oh my..........

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
The easiest way to quit smoking is to not bring the cigarette up to your lips. A buddy of mine who smoked for over fifteen years told me that one time, and when I was trying to finally quit, I kept telling that to myself when I'd start cringing.

In my experience, the cringe would go away in five minutes, and I'm talking about the teeth nashing, fist making, mouth peircing cringe. If I could fight it for five minutes, the demon would leave for a while. Then it just got easier and easier.

It's all about not smoking that "just one more" smoke, or that, "Oh, I haven't had a smoke in a month, one won't hurt," smoke.

The tough times were when I was used to smoking after a meal, or while driving, or after a movie... fighting the cringe during those scenarios got easier and easier the more I fought the cringe for those five minutes. I also ate a lot of lollipops for several weeks until my teeth started to hurt. Then, I had to quit lollipops. By then it didn't matter because the smoking craving had mostly subsided and the lollipops served their purpose.

I quit in November of 2006, and I haven't had a single drag since.

Congratulations. It's always good to hear people kick such an utterly pointless and disgusting habit.

At least smoke something with an effect if you're going to use a drug. One where the effect preferably isn't bad health.

-AC

AbnormalButSane
That's very true. I was thinking of switching to opium.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Congratulations. It's always good to hear people kick such an utterly pointless and disgusting habit.

At least smoke something with an effect if you're going to use a drug. One where the effect preferably isn't bad health.

-AC Nicotine does have an effect. Not as much as weed or some other "drugs", but it still has an effect. And it's all bad for you.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Nicotine does have an effect. Not as much as weed or some other "drugs", but it still has an effect. And it's all bad for you.

Nicotine doesn't have an "effect" per se.

Cigarettes just make you feel shitter in general, so then when you have one you feel like you're getting an effect. In actuality, it's just making you feel like you were before.

Like if a man pushes you off a bridge and then pulls you back up. Sure, he helped you, but he wouldn't have needed to if he never pushed you off in the first place.

What's "all" bad for you? Everything in cigarettes? Well, obviously.

-AC

§P0oONY
I really don't care if people smoke or not. I don't but I don't see a problem with people doing it. It's certainly not something worth getting on a high horse about.

I have smoked the odd cigarette in the past and you're not entirely correct AC, you do get a head rush from time to time which is a pleasant feeling. As I'm not a smoker the times I have smoked ihaven't been to level me out.

Rogue Jedi
Nicotine doesn't have an "effect" per se.

Cigarettes just make you feel shitter in general, so then when you have one you feel like you're getting an effect. In actuality, it's just making you feel like you were before.

Like if a man pushes you off a bridge and then pulls you back up. Sure, he helped you, but he wouldn't have needed to if he never pushed you off in the first place.

What's "all" bad for you? Everything in cigarettes? Well, obviously.

-AC Nicotine calms you and satisfies the nicotine craving, that's the effect.

Weed, opium, cigarettes, all that shit's bad for you, man. Heroin too.

Alpha Centauri
Nicotine calms you and satisfies the nicotine craving, that's the effect.

Weed, opium, cigarettes, all that shit's bad for you, man. Heroin too.

So, what I said, basically. You use nicotine to satisfy the nicotine craving...which you have, in turn, because you tried it in the first place. So, we can establish that it "gives" you nothing.

Nicotine addiction takes you from B to A, then back to B and you get confused that it's a "high". Weed has an actual, noticeable effect and none of the side-effects of cigarettes.

Also, weed isn't bad for you, at all.

Scientifically there's no proof for that. There's proof that it's natural, that it has positive medicinal uses, that it has never killed anyone ever etc. Even the lung cancer cases stem from it being smoked. If you don't smoke it, you won't even suffer that side-effect. It's not physiologically addictive. The only possible addiction comes from a PERSONAL desire to keep taking it, that entirely depends on the person. You do not go into withdrawals with weed. It's not an addictive substance inherently.

Don't be "that" guy, dude. "Weed's bad! Illegal drug!", no, it's not. It's literally the least harmful of all substances you can take into your body that is a drug, besides maybe caffeine.

The only reason it's not entirely legal is because governments would look bad, to the uneducated, for making a "bad drug" legal. That's all it is.

Rule #1 of any drug debate is to never put weed up with heroin or other things. It's literally nowhere near any of those.

This is coming from someone who doesn't actually use weed, before you go calling me a pothead or anything.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
So, what I said, basically. You use nicotine to satisfy the nicotine craving...which you have, in turn, because you tried it in the first place. So, we can establish that it "gives" you nothing.

Also, weed isn't bad for you, at all.

Scientifically there's no proof for that. There's proof that it's natural, that it has positive medicinal uses, that it has never killed anyone etc. Even the lung cancer cases stem from it being smoked. If you don't smoke it, you won't even suffer that side-effect. It's not physiologically addictive. The only possible addiction comes from a PERSONAL desire to keep taking it. It's not an addictive substance inherently.

Don't be "that" guy, dude. "Weed's bad! Illegal drug!", no, it's not. It's literally the least harmful of all substances you can take into your body that is a drug, besides maybe caffeine.

The only reason it's not entirely legal is because governments would look bad, to the uneducated, for making a "bad drug" legal. That's all it is.

Rule #1 of any drug debate is to never put weed up with heroin or other things. It's literally nowhere near any of those.

This is coming from someone who doesn't actually use weed, before you go calling me a pothead or anything.

-AC pothead.

Alpha Centauri
Here I was thinking it was the beginning of a semi-decent discussion.

How does someone go so far along in life with so little maturity gathered? It's an answer that'll always elude me.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Here I was thinking it was the beginning of a semi-decent discussion.

How does someone go so far along in life with so little maturity gathered? It's an answer that'll always elude me.

-AC Pewp.

Because I dont feel like going round and round with you. You are a hard headed individual whose arrogance knows no bounds. No offense, I figure you of all people appreciate honesty.

OK not sure in the weed thing, but the others are bad for you.

See, the "effect" nicotine has on you is the calming of your nerves and satisfying the nicotine craving. What's so hard to understand about that? If one is addicted to nicotine, and they are a bit nervous, they light up and take a hit, and are calmed. That is the very definition of "effect."

To a non smoker? Well, I remember when I smoked only when drunk, like once a month or so. It enhanced the buzz. So again, effect.

Now.....Ramble on.

Alpha Centauri
Pewp.

Because I dont feel like going round and round with you. You are a hard headed individual whose arrogance knows no bounds. No offense, I figure you of all people appreciate honesty.

There's no round and round. You were wrong, weed isn't "bad" for you.

OK not sure in the weed thing, but the others are bad for you.

See, the "effect" nicotine has on you is the calming of your nerves and satisfying the nicotine craving. What's so hard to understand about that? If one is addicted to nicotine, and they are a bit nervous, they light up and take a hit, and are calmed. That is the very definition of "effect."

I'll explain it one more time.

If the EFFECT OF NICOTINE is solely to satisfy the urge for it...which WOULDN'T EXIST HAD YOU NOT GOTTEN ADDICTED ANYWAY...then what "effect" is there?

It's an illusory effrct (That means illusion). It gives you a very bad addiction and then says: "LOOK! I'M HELPING YOU SATISFY IT!".

What about that is so hard to understand?

To a non smoker? Well, I remember when I smoked only when drunk, like once a month or so. It enhanced the buzz. So again, effect.

Now.....Ramble on.

So, again, you're wrong.

As above.

It's not an effect in the sense that it doesn't take you from a base disposition and give you a HIGH. It takes regresses you and then makes you feel normal.

So there's no positive effect or "buzz". There's the illusion of it.

-AC

Rogue Jedi

There's no round and round. You were wrong, weed isn't "bad" for you.

I'll explain it one more time.

If the EFFECT OF NICOTINE is solely to satisfy the urge for it...which WOULDN'T EXIST HAD YOU NOT GOTTEN ADDICTED ANYWAY...then what "effect" is there?

It's an illusory effrct (That means illusion). It gives you a very bad addiction and then says: "LOOK! I'M HELPING YOU SATISFY IT!".

What about that is so hard to understand?

So, again, you're wrong.

As above.

It's not an effect in the sense that it doesn't take you from a base disposition and give you a HIGH. It takes regresses you and then makes you feel normal.

So there's no positive effect. There's the illusion of it.

-AC

I just said I wasn't sure on weed, but opium and others of the sort, yes.

Illusory or not, it's an effect. If you have a bad dream, you wake up and are scared, even though it isn't real.

Calm down.

§P0oONY
There really is a buzz. I've felt it. It's given me a cold sweat, It's not an illusion.

Alpha Centauri
"Buzz" having the meaning of enhancing, as RJ said? No, there's not.

It's an illusory enhancement, not actual positive, as with weed.

I just said I wasn't sure on weed, but opium and others of the sort, yes.

No, you said it was bad for you. You knee-jerked.

Illusory or not, it's an effect. If you have a bad dream, you wake up and are scared, even though it isn't real.

Calm down.

No need to calm down since there's no agitation or arrest.

Odd that you'd suggest such.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
"Buzz" having the meaning of enhancing, as RJ said? No, there's not.

It's an illusory enhancement, not actual positive, as with weed.

No, you said it was bad for you. You knee-jerked.

No need to calm down since there's no agitation or arrest.

Odd that you'd suggest such.

-AC K, if you say so. Seize the last word now, I know you need that.

§P0oONY
Have you ever had a rush from smoking a cigarette? Becuase if you have you'll know it's a possitive feeling, It's a buzz, nicotine increases dopamine levels.

Not medically possitive obviously but it is a buzz.

Alpha Centauri

Rogue Jedi

Alpha Centauri
He doesn't smoke, yet he commences to lecture smokers/former smokers on the immediate effect smoking has on the human body.

He's funny like that.

Either debate me or don't, but don't sit there like a coward and start doing that annoying cheerleading thing you do, especially after you've just expressed displeasure with my posts and points. That's just silly. Be a man.

You don't need to smoke to scientifically know what factually happens to the body when you do it.

It's called science, RJ.

I've never been hit by a car, I've never had cancer. I know what happens to the body when both occur.

-AC

§P0oONY
But I'm not a smoker. So cigarettes have pretty much only a possitive effect on me. I smoke maybe 2-3 cigarettes a year. The medical problems from that are negligible.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Shaun of the Dead.

Alpha Centauri

§P0oONY
It can't be said that smoking 2-3 cigarettes a year will have any negative medical effects, there is simply no evidence to support it. I am not going to be made out to be in the wrong because I rarely smoke. I don't even drink more than a couple of pints a week. As far as any kind of drug taking is concerned I am well within normal limits. Even if I wasn't it's no big deal. Life is for living.

Alpha Centauri

§P0oONY
It does, though.

Lasting or not, it has negative effects on your lungs.

Of course life is for living, dude. That's not my point. I actually believe anyone should be allowed, legally, to take any substance they desire. It's none of my business or anyone else's, so long as they're not unwillingly infringing on anyone. I don't think jail or prison is a place for someone just because they took a substance.

Don't think of me as anti-drugs or anything.

-AC But if it doesn't last where is the issue? Unless it causes me to collapse down dead at the time of smoking then surelly it's a non-issue. It's not going have had any noticible negative effect in a months time or there after.

Alpha Centauri
The issue wasn't about that.

It was to do with RJ's knee-jerk reaction because weed is illegal, and the comparison to cigarettes.

-AC

§P0oONY
Okie dokie. That's fine then...

Erm....

Have a nice day.

Rogue Jedi
The issue wasn't about that.

It was to do with RJ's knee-jerk reaction because weed is illegal, and the comparison to cigarettes.

-AC

Jerk this:

http://www.chantixpharma.com/nicotine-addiction.html

Nicotine is an addictive drug. It causes changes in the brain that make people want to use it more and more.

Nicotine Effects on Body
When a person smokes a cigarette, the body reacts instantly to the chemical nicotine in the smoke. The nicotine in the smoke is quickly engrossed into the blood and starts affecting the brain within 7 seconds. It affects the entire body. Nicotine causes a short-term increase in blood pressure, heart rate and the flow of blood from the heart. It also causes the arteries to narrow.

It also acts on the nerves that control respiration to change breathing patterns. Nicotine is baneful; in fact one drop of purified nicotine on the tongue will kill a person.

A few puffs of a cigarette can consequence in dizziness, headache, nausea, coughing and gagging, abdominal cramps, and possibly vomiting or weakness that the person must develop a tolerance for, if they wish to continue smoking.

To addicted users, nicotine triggers both stimulant and calming effects. It's an established nicotine truth that it is a major hazard factor for heart disease and stroke.

gb7nwoQVkQE&feature=related

Alpha Centauri
Nicotine Effects on Body
When a person smokes a cigarette, the body reacts instantly to the chemical nicotine in the smoke. The nicotine in the smoke is quickly engrossed into the blood and starts affecting the brain within 7 seconds. It affects the entire body. Nicotine causes a short-term increase in blood pressure, heart rate and the flow of blood from the heart. It also causes the arteries to narrow.

It also acts on the nerves that control respiration to change breathing patterns. Nicotine is baneful; in fact one drop of purified nicotine on the tongue will kill a person.

A few puffs of a cigarette can consequence in dizziness, headache, nausea, coughing and gagging, abdominal cramps, and possibly vomiting or weakness that the person must develop a tolerance for, if they wish to continue smoking.

To addicted users, nicotine triggers both stimulant and calming effects. It's an established nicotine truth that it is a major hazard factor for heart disease and stroke.

Yes, there's no ENHANCING buzz, there is only degrading and then the illusory perception that you are getting a high, when you are not. "To ADDICTED users.", key point. Not "To everyone.", thus making the point true, but to ADDICTED users. Thus, my point. It creates an illusory high to those addicted, when in actuality there's no high. There's only the pretense of a high created by the substance making you feel worse first.

"the person must develop a tolerance for".

Why? Because then once it's tolerated, your standard health level is worse, and the cigarette makes you feel "high", when you're not.

None of what you posted contradicts what I am saying. It proves it. There's no "effect" from a standard level.

What's awesome is that you tried acting like you were done, that I was the one banging on, then you went away to scramble something together in hope and faith, only to repeat something that's been said by Spooney.

It's nice how you're always trying to earn my respect and appear to be on my level, despite the constant denial of that, but you're not and won't ever be. I don't mean that in a bad way, just advice that might save you time.

Normally your boy might try to save you if asked, but he's got me on ignore. So, out of luck, aren't you? Unless he reads my quoted parts.

I suspect you'll go get him.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Yes, there's no ENHANCING buzz, there is only degrading and then the illusory perception that you are getting a high, when you are not. "To ADDICTED users.", key point. Not "To everyone.", thus making the point true, but to ADDICTED users. Thus, my point. It creates an illusory high to those addicted, when in actuality there's no high. There's only the pretense of a high created by the substance making you feel worse first.

Like giving someone the flu and then that same person giving them remedies.

None of what you posted contradicts what I am saying.

What's awesome is that you tried acting like you were done, that I was the one banging on, then you went away to scramble something together in hope and faith, only to repeat something that's been said by Spooney.

It's nice how you're always trying to earn my respect and appear to be on my level, despite the constant denial of that, but you're not and won't ever be. I don't mean that in a bad way, just advice that might save you time.

-AC

Nicotine has an effect on the human body. This is the claim I made earlier, the claim you denied me, the claim I just proved to all.

The "buzz" argument is between you and spoon. But for the record, the buzz is caused by a chemical reaction. Pwned.

Your respect? haermm Nice, I pwn the shit outta you and you think I have a crush on you haermm Rest assured you are nothing to me, a mere bug on the sole of my boot. And you just got squished, *****.

One more time:

Nicotine Effects on Body

See? Effects, addict or no. and it is NOT illusory. It is a chemical reaction. Pwned.

So in closing, I claimed nicotine has an effect on the human body. You cried bullshit. I just proved you wrong. Have a nice day big grin

Epic pwn.

Alpha Centauri
Nicotine has an effect on the human body. This is the claim I made earlier, the claim you denied me, the claim I just proved to all.

The "buzz" argument is between you and spoon. But for the record, the buzz is caused by a chemical reaction. Pwned.

Your respect? haermm Nice, I pwn the shit outta you and you think I have a crush on you haermm Rest assured you are nothing to me, a mere bug on the sole of my boot. And you just got squished, *****.

It's all illusory and I explained why with your own point.

YOU mentioned buzz first, so no, it's not between Spoony and I. It's funny how you go off, though. Look, the sooner you admit you're constantly after my friendship and/or respect, the sooner it'll stop bugging you. I know it, you know it.

As for your clear joy at your belief that you've "pwned" me; a life goal I'm sure. RJ, if I gave you a list of weaknesses, transformed into Superman and had you give me a kryptonite enema, there would be enough ability in my pinkie to handle you and your debates for the duration of your life cycle. It's just not the natural order of things for you to "pwn" me.

It's also remarkably sad that someone of your age is still struggling, and failing to overcome and "pwn" someone more than a decade his junior. You can deny it all you want, but I don't get why there's this persistent, if subconscious, chase for my approval and respect.

Really, it used to be flattering but now it's just annoying. Hence why every time I bring it up, you snap and use smilies. That's clearly me not being anything to you. Mhm.

I suppose you speaking about me on the phone, off forum, was you not caring also. Just accept it and be at peace with it.

One more time:

Nicotine Effects on Body

See? Effects, addict or no. and it is NOT illusory. It is a chemical reaction. Pwned.

So in closing, I claimed nicotine has an effect on the human body. You cried bullshit. I just proved you wrong. Have a nice day big grin

Epic pwn.

I really hate doing this, because you're clearly so happy with yourself, but I feel I must. I hoped you'd notice this flaw before making an ass of yourself and stop posting, but you didn't.

Read my first post.

"At least use something with an effect*. One where the effect** is preferably not bad health.".

I implied the points.

*My point was of "effect" having the meaning of "high". That effect/high is ILLUSORY, so I said nicotine does not have one, because it don't. It's an illusion.

**My acknowledgement that a LITERAL effect is in existence.

I will totally concede that, looking back, that wording is incredibly murky and for that it's my duty to apologise. That does not change the fact that it is clearly there.

On the flipside, I always cover my bases and that's why you will never, ever be able to trump me so long as there's air in my lungs.

Now, you'll try to stagger to your feet, fight back and pick something out of my post despite this clarification. Then, I'll whoop you down again. So, get on with it.

Funny and hypocritical though! "I don't wanna go round and round with you, seize the last word, you need it....UNLESS I SPEND TIME GOOGLING MY ASS OFF IN HOPES OF A REASON TO PROVE MYSELF TO HIM.".

Yeah, sure.

-AC

Rogue Jedi

It's all illusory and I explained why with your own point.

YOU mentioned buzz first, so no, it's not between Spoony and I. It's funny how you go off, though. Look, the sooner you admit you're constantly after my friendship and/or respect, the sooner it'll stop bugging you. I know it, you know it.

As for your clear joy at your belief that you've "pwned" me; a life goal I'm sure. RJ, if I gave you a list of weaknesses, transformed into Superman and had you give me a kryptonite enema, there would be enough ability in my pinkie to handle you and your debates for the duration of your life cycle. It's just not the natural order of things for you to "pwn" me. It's also remarkable sad that someone of your age is still struggling, and failing to overcome and "pwn" someone more than a decade his junior. You can deny it all you want, but I don't get why there's this persistent, if subconscious, chase for my approval and respect.

Really, it used to be flattering but now it's just annoying.

I really hate doing this, because you're clearly so happy with yourself, but I feel I must. I hoped you'd notice this flaw before making an ass of yourself and stop posting, but you didn't.

Read my first post.

"At least use something with an effect*. One where the effect** is preferably not bad health.".

I implied the points.

*My point was of "effect" having the meaning of "high". That effect/high is ILLUSORY, so I said nicotine does not have one, because it don't. It's an illusion.

I will totally concede that, looking back, that wording is incredibly murky and for that it's my duty to apologise. That does not change the fact that it is clearly there.

On the flipside, I always cover my bases and that's why you will never, ever be able to trump me so long as there's air in my lungs.

Now, you'll try to stagger to your feet, fight back and pick something out of my post despite this clarification. Then, I'll whoop you down again. So, get on with it.

Funny and hypocritical though! "I don't wanna go round and round with you, seize the last word, you need it....UNLESS I SPEND TIME GOOGLING MY ASS OFF IN HOPES OF A REASON TO PROVE MYSELF TO HIM.".

Yeah, sure.

-AC I mentioned "buzz", it was only when I was drinking and I never claimed it had that effect on everyone. Try again.

Read this again:

Nicotine Effects on Body

Chemical reaction, dude. NOT illusory. Got it?

Take your medicine, babe.

X_ZraYWg0xg&feature=related

BTW, nice ramble wink

Whup away, this is what I see from you:

dIIiaO12I5Q&feature=related

Thank you for playing, good night big grin

Alpha Centauri
I mentioned "buzz", it was only when I was drinking and I never claimed it had that effect on everyone. Try again.

I applied it, you mentioned it first. What's your point? You brought buzz up because that's what we were discussing, effect/buzz.

Read this again:

Nicotine Effects on Body

Chemical reaction, dude. NOT illusory. Got it?

Take your medicine, babe.

Continuing to post a piece of text that I've already countered, using said piece of text, won't do anything but make you look really silly. This is including the fact that I countered it in the very post you quoted:

Read my first post.

I implied the points.

See? All we're going to end up doing is pasting, and mine will be repeats of countering yours.

This isn't aiding your cause to get my respect, it's hindering it. Really. You're never gonna get respect from me by acting like a baby, RJ. This "fun" attitude you display might work on the hardcore jailbait that comprises your sexual prey, but I see it as immaturity and it's honestly dry. If you can't debate without slapping YouTube videos consisting of stupidity all over your posts, then don't expect me to afford you my time.

So, unless you have anything new to present that counters my point about effect/high, please save your time.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
haermm DAMN you're a sad little man. It's like you're standing over the dead body, smoking gun in hand, and still you're all "I didn't do it!!!"

Have at it chief, deep down you know I spanked your frail little bottom blue.

This is the part where you claim I have some sorta hetero man crush on you, that I want to be you. I'd rather be violated by a bear or eat a bullet.

Buh bye.

Alpha Centauri
haermm DAMN you're a sad little man. It's like you're standing over the dead body, smoking gun in hand, and still you're all "I didn't do it!!!"

Have at it chief, deep down you know I spanked your frail little bottom blue.

This is the part where you claim I have some sorta hetero man crush on you, that I want to be you. I'd rather be violated by a bear or eat a bullet.

Buh bye.

What is it with you and my bottom? Of course, no man-crush, though. Sure...

Whatever makes the pillow softer at night, man, believe it. I'm all for fantasy.

You do what you do. Peace.

-AC

dadudemon
facepalm

Alpha Centauri
It's as inevitable as the tides, I swear.

Always goes to get his boy.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
haermm No need to "get my boy", I buried your ass neck deep.

Alpha Centauri
So, what was it this time? Wanted him to print it out and put it on the fridge?

Still, whatever makes you sleep at night, precious. You lost with your own link, after taking two hours to look for one after saying you were done.

You're mine and will forever be mine until you drop this obsession.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
haermm K.

AbnormalButSane
I think I'm gonna wait and quit smoking after finals. Because really, I'd never make it anyway.

Rogue Jedi
I think I'm gonna wait and quit smoking after finals. Because really, I'd never make it anyway. When you try to quit, what gets you? The craving of nicotine, or the hand to mouth thing?

mikeydude
When you try to quit, what gets you? The craving of nicotine, or the hand to mouth thing?
craving.

AbnormalButSane
When you try to quit, what gets you? The craving of nicotine, or the hand to mouth thing?

Nicotine

Rogue Jedi
Nicotine Suggestion: Nicoderm and Nicorette for the cravings, and lots of sugar free starlite mints. For the hand to mouth thing? Coffee stirrers and sugar free twizzlers.

AbnormalButSane
No smokes since Thursday. Finished my last pack of menthols. Think I'll get the gum.

Mairuzu
Not quitting the herb any time soon.

mikeydude
i really want one. i could have smoked yesterday, and i didnt because of my mouth, i dont want it to get infected. erm

rader
I quit smoking about a year ago, but cheated 4 times since than. Recently, I started smoking pipe tobacco. It's costing me like 10 dollars a month, and tastes a lot better.

mikeydude
Originally posted by rader
I quit smoking about a year ago, but cheated 4 times since than. Recently, I started smoking pipe tobacco. It's costing me like 10 dollars a month, and tastes a lot better.
thats what my mom does.
the Pipe tobacco tastes better, but it smells bad.

Slay
So basically, a girl I'm seeing right now, that I quite like has more or less asked me to quit smoking and pot, and I'll probably give it a try at least. However I just came back from Spain where I bought 4 cartons, because cigarettes are a lot cheaper there, so I don't think it'll happen for at least a month.

AbnormalButSane
Been a week! w00t

Amazing Vrayo!!
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Not quitting the herb any time soon. It's healthier than tobacco, so yeah, good idea.

Mairuzu
Yeah so is eating shit

rader
thats what my mom does.
the Pipe tobacco tastes better, but it smells bad.
I smoke Captain Black. It actually smells pretty fantastic.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Yeah so is eating shit Nah... Disagree. Poop is mostly bacteria,, and getting that in your mouth, trachea, and esophagus would all cause major problems. I'd rather smoke a cig than eat shit anyways.

mikeydude
had one. yesterday, after school.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
Nah... Disagree. Poop is mostly bacteria,, and getting that in your mouth, trachea, and esophagus would all cause major problems. I'd rather smoke a cig than eat shit anyways.

Yeah same here. mmm

pgdarth95
My dad smokes cigars.

I
HATE
IT!
FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Amazing Vrayo!!
Originally posted by pgdarth95
My dad smokes cigars.

I
HATE
IT!
FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Cigars smell good IMO. Never tried one though.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Yeah same here. mmm I hit a bowl with a friend today and thought of you. eek!

lord xyz
Smoking's not that bad, imo.

I don't smoke often, but it aint that bad.

mikeydude
smoking 5 cigarettes back to back, does a number.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by lord xyz
Smoking's not that bad, imo.

I don't smoke often, but it aint that bad. Sure, they're like vitamins and stuff.

AbnormalButSane
smoking 5 cigarettes back to back, does a number.

Oooooh, I miss chain smoking.

mikeydude
Sure, they're like vitamins and stuff.
ha.

Rogue Jedi
Oooooh, I miss chain smoking. STFU Donnie.

mikeydude
Oooooh, I miss chain smoking.
The only thing i like is the buzz of it.

Rogue Jedi
STFU Donnie.

mikeydude
HAVE A GREAT DAY?

Rogue Jedi
aahahahaha yeah.

mikeydude
YUP.

Rogue Jedi
chain smoking....I hope she means cigarettes.

mikeydude
I wish i wasnt meaning cigarettes.

Rogue Jedi
Dude that went right over your head.

mikeydude
Slightly.

Rogue Jedi
Think about it.

mikeydude
I did when i said slightly.

Yeah...NO.

Rogue Jedi
Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaa get it now?

mikeydude
yes.....

Rogue Jedi
Speed Racer pwns the Transporter. End of discussion.

Amazing Vrayo!!
STFU Donnie. rofl rolling on floor laughing

Rogue Jedi

rader
Duh. Anyone who says otherwise should have been brutally killed at birth.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by rader
Duh. Anyone who says otherwise should have been brutally killed at birth. I mean that both ways. Actually all three.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>