Alex Mercer Vs Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joshua1277
Alex Mercer with all of his powers at their max, vs. Kratos with the Blade of Olympus. They are fighting in the middle of New York city.

Burning thought
Not sure Mercer could win, I think Kratos is far too strong, fast "enough" and has a lot of ranged weapon and magic. I wonder if Kratos can just be absorbed but I doubt it.

BloodRain
Would be a full win for Kratos if it wasnt for the big apple. Can take a beating, go down the block and get a snack, sneak kill etc. Still wouldnt get Alex a full win.. or even tipping in his favour, but better chances due to area. Spartan wins.

Sin_Volvagia
Kratos charges BoO at full power and completely destroys Mercer.

He still has to work for it.

Darkstorm Zero
I dunno if Kratos CAN destroy Mercer....

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I dunno if Kratos CAN destroy Mercer....

But he killed Cronos by stabbing his head.

ScreamPaste
If he hurts Mercerbadly enough he's incapacitated and needs help to regenerate, such as by snacking, Kratos wins because he defeated Mercer.

Therefore: Lol. Kratos ftw.

Nephthys
That isn't how a fight works. erm

Fights last until a character is dead or can't fight back anymore. By withdrawing and regenning Mercer can. Plus thats gimping Mercer of his regen.

ScreamPaste
Actually it is how fighting works, and it's not gimping. Regen's great and all, but if I kick your ass so badly you can't regen on your own, you lost. no expression

Nephthys

ScreamPaste
When Mercer can't fight back anymore, he loses, as you said. If he's reduced to a point where he needs outside help, such as someone dumb enough to step in his puddle, he's lost.

Nephthys
Except he blantantly can fight back by regenerating. And new yorkers only count as outside help in the same way as cars to throw do, they have no bearing on the fight outside of tools.

Sin_Volvagia
Can Mercer's regeneration withstand the charged power of the Blade of Olympus?

ScreamPaste
If Kratos reduces Mercer to a puddle, which is fairly easy, and Mercer cannot catch a human due to this, and one walks into him, and saves him, not only will Kratos just mulch him again, but Mercer was helped.

Nephthys
Would you say its more powerful than a nuke? (Seriously. I have no idea.)

Mercers puddle can move around and stuff, I see no reason why it couldn't catch a human and I wouldn't call being killed for your bio-mass 'helping'.

Burning thought
Its no nuke but you can hardly say Mercer "survived" the blast enough to call it much of a feat. He was turned into a puddle of gook.

Also how do we know the puddle can move around?

Nephthys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ig4NR5Wm68

IMO the puddle looks like its moving/sliding around at 1.10, but I can see how it would be ambiguous. Besides, it doesn't seem like Kratos can turn him into a puddle anyway.

Burning thought
No but he could break him into piecies, if his lost his arms/legs etc surely he can do nothing more than he could if he was a puddle.

Nephthys
He's a shapeshifter. erm He can grow new arms, or just slither like a snake.

Burning thought
I know what he is but if hes lost all his biomass because Kratos is tossing it from him as he tears it off then hes not going to be able to do much.

BloodRain
He has thousand's of bodies worth of biomass. One leg wont take much. Even when he had no biomass (puddle) he was still technically able to move.

ScreamPaste
He'll run out eventually.

Cyner
Can't Kratos just turn him to stone?

Edit: Also what's to keep Mercer from absorbing Kratos?

Burning thought
Thats a point, turning him into stone.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Cyner
Edit: Also what's to keep Mercer from absorbing Kratos?

He has to kill him first.

Nephthys
If Kratos can turn him into stone, then he wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.