Mario Versus Metroid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
Samus' antics amongst the space pirates rips a hole in quantum reality. A lone metroid passes through the hole before it closes. In one of a myriad of realities, Mario missed a jump and is falling to his doom when the hole appears and he falls through it, winding up in a flat plain. The only other living thing he can see is the metroid, which immediately goes on the attack. Mario manages to avoid its initial charge, and activates the only power-up he has with him at the time: an Ice Flower.

Can the Frozen Flinger of Frost take down the second greatest hunter in the universe, or will the metroid have Italian for lunch?

MooCowofJustice
Ice Mario is cold enough to freeze water before he touches it, but I guess that isn't cold enough. Samus' ice beam is near absolute zero, isn't it?

The Scenario
http://metroidguide.com/images/metroid/MetroidGuide_GenomeMap.jpg

http://ui26.gamespot.com/697/backround111_2.jpg

Too many types. I'll just assume you mean a larval metroid, in which case Mario stomps.

I've seen Ice Mario freeze magma and then skate on it.

XanatosForever
True, I didn't think of that. Well, whatever's considered the stereotypical Metroid. If it is indeed a stomp, then whatever Metroid would be a challenge. Queen?

Ridley_Prime
Metroid Prime (not including Dark Samus) > Metroid Queen

The Scenario
Originally posted by XanatosForever
True, I didn't think of that. Well, whatever's considered the stereotypical Metroid. If it is indeed a stomp, then whatever Metroid would be a challenge. Queen?

Yes, the larval form is the most common and the most stereotypical Metroid. Most things beyond that larval form have immunity to ice, actually. There are a few main types we've seen: Tallon, Zebes, and SRX388.

Tallon: Weakest base, but prone to mutations that make them stronger. Any weapon can take a larva down eventually, especially ice. This strain includes Hunters, Fission, Dark, Phazon, Hopper, and Hatcher. Hunters have a ranged energy drain, Fission can split and become immune to most weapons (including ice), Phazon can phase out of space-time and shoot lightning, Hopper can't fly and uses claws, and Hatcher has draining tentacles, is immune to most attacks, and spawns Phazon Metroids.

Zebes: Immune to everything but ice, and never leaves larval stage. It just gets bigger.

SRX388: Immune to ice, vulnerable to explosives. Alpha rams things, Gamma shoots lightning, Zeta and Omega shoot fireballs, and Queen spawns more metroids and shoots acid. Queen is invulnerable to everything but internal attack.

That's the basic rundown.

XanatosForever
Clearly I should have put more thought into this thread. mmm

We'll say it's a Zebian Metroid of the large variety.

Cyner
just because Mario can freeze magma doesn't mean he comes ANYWHERE close to Absolute Zero. Metroid eats mario.

The Scenario
Xx-oNUud0Qk

Starts around 4:30.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Cyner
just because Mario can freeze magma doesn't mean he comes ANYWHERE close to Absolute Zero. Metroid eats mario. It's pretty impressive, I can't recall an icebeam doing that. no expression

Cyner
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It's pretty impressive, I can't recall an icebeam doing that. no expression

It is quite impressive, but just cause Ice Beam can't do it in game doesn't mean it couldn't. The Ice beam in canon is said to reach near absolute zero. Meh, anything beyond first stage metroid stomps, if it's first stage he may have a victory but it's really hard to say...

Sin_Volvagia
Big Metroid drains Mario's life source.

Cyner
Should we refer to the Samus' child as Super Metroid? or would that just get confusing with that being the title of the game and all...

The Scenario
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It's pretty impressive, I can't recall an icebeam doing that. no expression

Yeah, but that seems to be a gameplay quirk. It can't freeze magma, but it can freeze a creature made of fire that is submerged in Magma. Makes very little sense, but what can you do?

I alternate between Baby Metroid and The Hatchling. According to Other M, Samus herself just calls it The Baby.

XanatosForever
I believe they also refer to it as The Baby in Fusion, where they use the cell culture to cure Samus of the X virus, though I can't recall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.