Alex Mercer vs a Metroid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyner
Alex Mercer vs a Metroid

two rounds

Round 1: A tallon Metroid

Round 2: Baby

Can he take it?

ScreamPaste
...haermm

Shenanigans. They eat X parasites. Blacklight < X.

Cyner
What is the blacklight like? I haven't played Prototype yet but my brother left me a copy I intend to play as soon as I stop fapping to pokemon silver.

BloodRain
Lacking sufficient Metroid knowledge, whats to stop him tearing it apart?

Burning thought
Mercer loses apprently.

Cyner
Damage wise? Well it is literally immune to attacks from Samus' weapons unless frozen in near absolute zero first. He would not be able to defeat it by attacking, he lacks the power. I really just wanted to know if the blacklight virus could have the possibility of infecting or taking over a Metroid...

BloodRain
''Tallon Metroids can be destroyed by conventional weaponry, though they can take a beating before being destroyed.''

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
''Tallon Metroids can be destroyed by conventional weaponry, though they can take a beating before being destroyed.'' That's one type of Metroid, and a specific kind. Tallon Metroids =/= Zebian Metroids, ect.

Cyner
Originally posted by BloodRain
''Tallon Metroids can be destroyed by conventional weaponry, though they can take a beating before being destroyed.''

I lol'd, conventional weapons in Metroid are enough to easily destroy naval battleships of our time, and really they are more powerful than that.

BloodRain
'That's one type of Metroid, and a specific kind.'
Arent we using hat Metroid though?

Originally posted by Cyner
I lol'd, conventional weapons in Metroid are enough to easily destroy naval battleships of our time, and really they are more powerful than that.
Totally forgot what conventional meant in the Metroid universe :/

ScreamPaste
...Actually, yes, in round 1. My bad.

In round 2 though, well. Ew. no expression

Sin_Volvagia
1. Mercer tears it apart.
2. Stalemate.

The Scenario
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
2. Stalemate.

1. Not entirely sure.
2. Baby stomps.

ScreamPaste
2. Stalemate. Do you just hate Nintendo or something? no expression

NemeBro
What is the blacklight like? I haven't played Prototype yet but my brother left me a copy I intend to play as soon as I stop fapping to pokemon silver. Depends on which strain you are talking about.

It affects normal humans, turning them into little more than zombies.

For Elizabeth Greene it essentially made her the epicenter of a sort of Hive mind, she can control and create Blacklight Infected, such as the powerful Hunter Creatures.

Alex Mercer himself is called "Something more," he is able to consume humans and other Infected, adding to his biomass and making him stronger, can shapeshift to anyone he has consumed and has all of their memories and knowledge. Alex is able to do this because he is in fact the Blacklight virus itself.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Do you just hate Nintendo or something? no expression

I don't believe Nintendo characters are as powerful as you think they are. You also heavily underestimate Alex Mercer. The guy survived an atomic bomb. You think a Tallon Metroid is gonna stop him especially since he's Sandman + Carnage + Cell (without the power to learn everything by seeing it).

NemeBro
You forgot to mention that he is nowhere near as powerful as Cell.

There are Nintendo characters who can end the universe.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by NemeBro
You forgot to mention that he is nowhere near as powerful as Cell.

When I say Cell, I mean his exaggerated Piccolo regeneration. I should've said :

Sandman + Carnage + Cell's regeneration + Mystique (though he has to consume people to go into their form).

The Metroids in this thread can't end the universe.

NemeBro
His regen is not up to par with Cell's.

BloodRain
Between Cell and Piccolo's regeneration. Closer to Cell's level.

NemeBro
Nah.

Cell can regenerate from the nucleus ofa single Cell.

Far beyond Alex.

Cyner
I don't believe Regen matters when the very thing giving you life is drained from you...

Could blacklight infect a metroid though? mebbe >.>

NemeBro
Life force is not synonymous with soul.

Hell, the only thing that it is really synonymous with is "Chi," universal life energy and whatnot.

I doubt Blacklight could infect a Metroid personally.

Edit: Also, it should be noted Alex would not have a soul.

Cyner
Life force is not synonymous with soul.

Hell, the only thing that it is really synonymous with is "Chi," universal life energy and whatnot.

I doubt Blacklight could infect a Metroid personally.

Edit: Also, it should be noted Alex would not have a soul.

Why does a soul matter in this discussion?

NemeBro
Because Scream told me that you thought it took the person's soul, you said it drains the very thing giving you life, that implies life force or soul, and the only thing it is stated to drain is life force.

Dun't play dumb with meh boi.

BloodRain
How is Life force being perceived as the soul?

NemeBro
Ask those filthy cretins.

Cyner
Because Scream told me that you thought it took the person's soul, you said it drains the very thing giving you life, that implies life force or soul, and the only thing it is stated to drain is life force.

Dun't play dumb with meh boi.

Scream said HE thought it drained souls so stfu scrub. (lrn2readingcomprehension)

Life force is a totally different matter, it would be considered "spirit" around these parts. A soul is what makes you who you are and lives on after death. Your spirit is what binds soul to body and also what gives life. Animals are said to have a spirit but no soul while humans have both soul and spirit. IMO Life force = spirit = what keeps you alive.

NemeBro
Scream said HE thought it drained souls so stfu scrub. (lrn2readingcomprehension)

Life force is a totally different matter, it would be considered "spirit" around these parts. A soul is what makes you who you are and lives on after death. Your spirit is what binds soul to body and also what gives life. Animals are said to have a spirit but no soul while humans have both soul and spirit. IMO Life force = spirit = what keeps you alive. Life force is what was once considered to be what progressed evolution.

I have yet to see a dictionary to make spirit and life force synonymous.

If I were to strangle a small child, I would be depriving them of air, you could say I was draining their life force.

This does not mean I can eat spirits or souls.

Another example, if I were to drain a body of blood, I would have drained their life force. But not spirit or soul.

Yeah.

Cyner
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk

Whatever it is, it makes everything no longer alive. Even things that are artificial beings, Metroid is a life remover. Maybe it's not totally clear at this point the only thing to have come back from the final stage of a Metroid attack is Mother Brain, who was the Chozo's own creation.

Wei Phoenix
So Metroids could kill and/or beat those Chozo spirit ghosts you fight in Metroid? No sarcasm, serious question.

Cyner
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
So Metroids could kill and/or beat those Chozo spirit ghosts you fight in Metroid? No sarcasm, serious question.

Man I never really thought about that... I would imagine that if Samus can beat them with the power beam that a Metroid could drain them...

good question, I really don't know... but since whatever they drain is "life force", as long as they could detect the chozo ghosts they could probably eat them.

Ridley_Prime
Doubt it. The Chozo are the ones who created the Metroids, so I'm sure they probably have some kind of defense against them.
Plus, in ghost form, they can phase in and out of existence. The Metroids would never be able to catch them if they tried.

I'm calling BS on the whole "Metroids take their victims' soul" thing. stick out tongue

Cyner
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I'm calling BS on the whole "Metroids take their victims' soul" thing. stick out tongue

agreed

Edit: How can you take only part of a soul? If they really took souls Samus would be dead. They seem to absorb not only life energy but any energy, as in the case of both Samus and Mother Brain

The Scenario
I don't know about souls or anything. Space Pirate studies reveal that whatever the life force is, it is not in the physical realm. Mercer is not dealing with something that harms him physically, like a bomb. He's fighting something that drains just about any source of energy, specializing in life energy.

They also specialized in wiping out the X, viral life-forms which infect and copy the abilities of their victims. Metroids absorb them on contact, no latching on necessary (I believe this was why the SRX388 Metroids became dinosaur like, as they didn't need to attach to X infected creatures; just kill them and touch the X.)

MooCowofJustice
NemeBro is confusing that which makes the body work with what gives life.

The Scenario
agreed

Edit: How can you take only part of a soul? If they really took souls Samus would be dead. They seem to absorb not only life energy but any energy, as in the case of both Samus and Mother Brain

I had a theory that Samus' shielding is made of life energy. She kills things, and they drop shield energy or missile energy (no way those are physical.) Plus, the Chozo created both the suit and the Metroids, and they seem to have some power over life and death.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by The Scenario
I had a theory that Samus' shielding is made of life energy. She kills things, and they drop shield energy or missile energy (no way those are physical.) Plus, the Chozo created both the suit and the Metroids, and they seem to have some power over life and death.
They had no power over life and death when it came to teh Phazon corruption on Tallon IV, apparently. erm They succumbed to madness from it just as easily as any other creature on the planet.

The Scenario
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
They had no power over life and death when it came to teh Phazon corruption on Tallon IV, apparently. erm They succumbed to madness from it just as easily as any other creature on the planet.

Phazon can ruin anyone's day. That stuff is hardcore. I'm talking about other stuff from the lore.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Chozo_Lore

ScreamPaste
I don't believe Nintendo characters are as powerful as you think they are. You also heavily underestimate Alex Mercer. The guy survived an atomic bomb. You think a Tallon Metroid is gonna stop him especially since he's Sandman + Carnage + Cell (without the power to learn everything by seeing it). Yes, I think A Tallon metroid will stop him. no expression Considering the amount of punishment they can take, they probably latch onto him before he can kill one, and he'll die.

But yeah, you seem to underrate Nintendo characters as a whole in every thread, especially Bowser.

Ridley_Prime
Yes, I think A Tallon metroid will stop him. no expression Considering the amount of punishment they can take, they probably latch onto him before he can kill one, and he'll die.

But yeah, you seem to underrate Nintendo characters as a whole in every thread, especially Bowser.
In every thread? I've seen plenty of topics where Sin has supported a Nintendo character over non-Nintendo characters. Aside from perhaps Bowser, I wouldn't say he underrates them at all.

NemeBro
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
NemeBro is confusing that which makes the body work with what gives life. No human being can live without blood, it "gives them life."

Because the body works, they are alive, there is technically no difference.

The Life Force that was brought up in Metroid however likely refers to some sort of energy, but the term Life Force is hypothetical in a big way, no definitive proof for its existence, is not quantifiable in any way other than the effect the Metroid's drain has on its victims.

Sin_Volvagia
Yes, I think A Tallon metroid will stop him. no expression Considering the amount of punishment they can take, they probably latch onto him before he can kill one, and he'll die.

I have played Metroid, Super Metroid, and all three Metroid Prime games but never played Prototype (and I don't plan on anytime soon) and I can freely say that a Tallon Metroid won't kill Mercer. Mercer can just sprout spikes, smash it (along with his head), or consume it.

I don't use toonforce nor use crossovers as canon abilities. Arwings are weaker in Smash Bros just like Thanos w/ the Infinity Gauntlet is weaker in the Marvel Vs. series.

Cyner
I can freely say that a Tallon Metroid won't kill Mercer. Mercer can just sprout spikes, smash it (along with his head), or consume it.

Consume, possibly but damage, never. Samus' weapons are leagues above any amount of damage Mercer could dream to put out.

NemeBro
Nah ah.

Alex Mercer is liek, so ttly ossumz and stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.