Disneynature Oceans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

edwinian
I was surprised to see we don't have a Documentary section here on the board. Either way, wanted to see what you all though of the new Disneynature documentary, Oceans. For those that remember last year on Earth day, they came out with one called Earth, and it had some pretty awesome footage in there. Apparently this one focuses on, obviously the oceans as well as the sea creatures, and is also coming out on Earth Day this year.

Impediment
Docus don't necessarily deserve their own forum. The MVF is suitable for such discussion.

Haven't seen the film, though.

edwinian
It actually hasn't been released yet. It comes out in a few weeks on April 22, Earth Day. Found out that Pierce Brosnan will be narrating it. He's got that strong British voice, so I think he was a good choice. Here's the trailer , if you haven't seen it.

jaden101
So basically they rehashed the BBC documentary Planet Earth to make "Earth" and now they're rehashing the BBC documentary Blue Planet for this?

And people still pay to see it?...

Odd.

edwinian
Well it's got 100% brand new footage and I personally think there is a huge difference between seeing these amazing aspects of nature on TV compared to the big screen, so that's why I'll be seeing it. I also thought it was cool of them, that if you see the film in the first week, Disney is making a donation in your honor to help save the coral reefs.

edwinian
There is a new featurette out there called The Essence of the Sea. The footage in the video looks pretty awesome, and gives me some good hope that this documentary will be pretty impressive, visually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.