RD1 DRAFT!!11!#! for LEO'S TOURNEY!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
go. smile

Blair Wind
Judomaster -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judomaster

Charlotte DeBel
M http://uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=133

Digi
Provided her strength/speed/durability are within the caps, the only thing that stands out to me with this M character, who I admittedly know very little about, is the telepathy. I thought there was no neutering?

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Digi
Provided her strength/speed/durability are within the caps, the only thing that stands out to me with this M character, who I admittedly know very little about, is the telepathy. I thought there was no neutering?

Leo said she was OK, and OK'd her repeatedly (I checked twice)smile Also, telepathy as power is allowed- we're just not allowed OHKOs with it. Just like teleports are allowed for transportation but not for offence. Neutering would have been if Leo allowed me to use Firehawk.

Original Smurph
Cyclops
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclops_(comics)

Digi
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Leo said she was OK, and OK'd her repeatedly (I checked twice)smile

I realize that, but it doesn't answer my question. Leo can't be expected to know everything about every character, and it's just doing my job as a concerned participant to make sure she's within the caps. And I thought it was offensive telepathy that couldn't be used. Because it's still an easy win that doesn't involve OHK.

Also edited Smurph's post to make the link work.

Blair Wind

Limited TP was never banned.

Though I always thought of M as Mid to High Meta. But I don't know her well enough to judge anything, so meh.

Original Smurph
Ditto the M questions.

Aww....

Charlotte DeBel
I realize that, but it doesn't answer my question. Leo can't be expected to know everything about every character, and it's just doing my job as a concerned participant to make sure she's within the caps. And I thought it was offensive telepathy that couldn't be used. Because it's still an easy win that doesn't involve OHK.

Her TP is mostly defencive. She needs to be within short range from a person to do anything worth writing about to them.

To quote Leonidas

Digi
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Though I always thought of M as Mid to High Meta. But I don't know her well enough to judge anything, so meh.

Yeah, that seems to be the problem. I know nothing of her, and of course bios can only impart so much info. This:
superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, vision, and hearing, near-invulnerability, flight, telepathic powers, and intuitive ability to process information, giving her/them vast knowledge and intelligence, an accelerated learning aptitude, and the knack for quickly analyzing and operating machinery

Sounds mid-to-high to me, but it's just words without feats so I don't really know.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Limited TP was never banned.

Warbird and\or Hellion will butcher her for example, she's nowhere near high meta. I made sure to check her with Leo, her strength feats are no bigger than Class 20 for example... and her offensive TP isn't good. She need to keep physical contact with person for the deep probing, for example.

leonidas
i DO happen to know m. she IS a borderline pick. all abilities on the edge but nothing above caps. all regular tp rules apply--no mind control, no ohko.

she's a very solid pick. someone i'd have likely tried to get. big grin

Digi
I'll trust leo, even if I can't trust the filthy mutants. Now where's psycho....I want to draft at the turn.

Charlotte DeBel
Anyways, leo's sorted the legality issue, waiting for the rest to picksmile

leonidas
Anyways, leo's sorted the legality issue, waiting for the rest to picksmile

glad you editted that post no reason for further defense. the issue is dealt with. if i missed something and something suspect crops up in a match, i'll deal with it. borderline charatcers--as i have told several people--are risky. i know m, and feel confident nothing will come up, but like digi said--i don't know EVERYTHING about her, or really anyone. if something convincing that i was UNAWARE of is brought to light, she will be nixed, like anyone else would be.

drawbacks to borderline characters.

leonidas
still waiting on digi, omega and PG to begin rd2. about half-hour remaining.

Digi
Oh wait, so these 3 get to pick again before our first picks if we're not in by the next half hour?! Heh. Glad I'm here then.

leonidas
Oh wait, so these 3 get to pick again before our first picks if we're not in by the next half hour?!

yep . . .

Digi
Ha, ok then. I'll be back in a second. Hadn't actually decided the order I'm picking my team in.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by leonidas
glad you editted that post no reason for further defense. the issue is dealt with. if i missed something and something suspect crops up in a match, i'll deal with it. borderline charatcers--as i have told several people--are risky. i know m, and feel confident nothing will come up, but like digi said--i don't know EVERYTHING about her, or really anyone. if something convincing that i was UNAWARE of is brought to light, she will be nixed, like anyone else would be.

drawbacks to borderline characters.

Neither do Ismile At least she does nothing banworthy in entire Generation X run or current X-Factor run (and that's all what I read about her&have scanned). Like Cage, she's very durable against KE-based attacks (bullets, punches, Jubilee's plasmoids), but stuff that adds something extra (like electricity) KOes her with little to no problem.

But enough with Ms StCroix, show must go onsmile

leonidas
if they show in rd2 they will pick (first come first serve AFTER those who WERE present pick) but they will have to make their FIRST rd pick after all rds are complete.

if they show in the hour of rd3 it's still first come first serve for all, but they pick their rd1 AND rd2 picks after the rd3 draft . . .

sounds complex, but really isn't.

Digi
Drafting Spider-Man (Iron Costume)
http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Spider_Armor

Was there ever any doubt?

fdog

leonidas
Neither do Ismile At least she does nothing banworthy in entire Generation X run or current X-Factor run (and that's all what I read about her&have scanned). Like Cage, she's very durable against KE-based attacks (bullets, punches, Jubilee's plasmoids), but stuff that adds something extra (like electricity) KOes her with little to no problem.

But enough with Ms StCroix, show must go onsmile

thumb up

i likened her to someone choosing black tarantula. her durability IS about cage-level.

anyway, moving on . . .

leonidas
Drafting Spider-Man (Iron Costume)
http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Spider_Armor

Was there ever any doubt?

fdog

i'd really hoped not . . . .

clap

Digi
lol, he's probably the most expendable of my picks, but just as useful as any of them. And I was sitting here at the keyboard thinking to myself "Parker really deserves a tourney win, and how would you feel if you did it without him?" The answer is I'd feel happy, but with a slight tinge of regret. Now there will be none.

leonidas
lol, he's probably the most expendable of my picks, but just as useful as any of them. And I was sitting here at the keyboard thinking to myself "Parker really deserves a tourney win, and how would you feel if you did it without him?" The answer is I'd feel happy, but with a slight tinge of regret. Now there will be none.

heh

kinda how i felt with thor . . . bout damn time he won!! big grin

Digi
heh

kinda how i felt with thor . . . bout damn time he won!! big grin

Exactly. Although Thor had won one, albeit in an amalgam a long time ago, in something like KMC's 3rd tourney....and he's perpetually in Surfer's shadow on the forums.

leonidas
10mins til rd2.

if it remains, digi picks first, then smurph then cdb and bw.

didn't PG say sun afternoon was perfect somewhere . . . ? confused

Charlotte DeBel
10mins til rd2.

if it remains, digi picks first, then smurph then cdb and bw.

didn't PG say sun afternoon was perfect somewhere . . . ? confused

He said many things... Digi, darling, I think it's your turn to make your second picksmile It's 1 PM EST.

Digi
Is leo making another thread?

Original Smurph
He just did

leonidas
CLOSED!!

psycho gundam
oopsies.....

mysterio

leonidas
SEE RD2! mad

psycho gundam
i have to put both round one and two picks in there?

leonidas
no more posts here please. closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.