Water

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Moscow
The big, big problem that no one wants to talk about.

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/07/02/28/the-water-shortage-crisis-in-america--amp-the-world-a-quick-overview-of-a-most-dangerous-crisis.htm

The article is being slightly facetious about the changes in food habits making an impact on saving water, but the focus is still sound. Just as the food riots in Sierra Leone and Haiti happened in 2008 and still continued in 2009, so will massive riots happen in the western US, the Middle East and China (well, hell, everywhere for that matter).

But... hey.. as a proud American waste all that f**king Dasani. Who needs it anyway? wink

Wild Shadow
i blame coca cola company, iirc they make dasani.

Moscow
Coke is to blame for everything. Especially when their Dasani makers tap the putrid water out of the Hudson River

Wild Shadow
they left a indian village dry and a african farming community starving with no crops or income after they drained the water table and then contaminated the soil with waste that they sold and threw into the soil as fertilizer killing microbes, destroying the soil as if the water table drainage wasnt enough.

in columbia they put a hit and paid gorilla fighters to kill and squash union leaders and protestors.

Moscow
The US and China allow their mega corporations to divert through complex dams crucial water reserves away from the citizens who live in the western deserts of China and towards the massive refineries located near Shanghai and Guangdong.

Similar occurrences happening in the western US with the continuous damming of the Colorado River. El Paso and Cuidad Juarez are about to be bone dry in less than a decade and theres almost 10 million people around that area alone

Wild Shadow
i would take care of the ceos but, i drained my little nest egg so not enough funds to track them down and go all bob lee swagger on them..

http://www.flash-screen.com/free-wallpaper/uploads/200703/imgs/1174920842.jpg

Moscow
Nice. Wahlberg's a badass.

http://www.ajc.com/business/coca-cola-ceo-s-349719.html

Swagger's first target. All $7.36 million of him

Wild Shadow
ySDa8wYgxN8

excuses are like @$$holes their all full of $h!% and everyone has one...

Moscow
So true.

"I am a United States Senator"

Yes...and I'm the Queen's brother now answer to this gun_bandana

Bicnarok
Global warming should solve any water problem

Symmetric Chaos
Develop effective water filters so that unfit drinking water becomes usable. Develop advanced agricultural methods that don't require so much water waste.

Wild Shadow
umm.. what about certain pesticides that cannot be removed from water?

i think that is the main issue with many water filtering facilities...

coca cola has large quantity of pesticides in certain products, city water also has high chemical lvls as well due to human medication that makes it into the water systems from waste and stuff thrown into the drains.

Bouboumaster
Bah, we have no problem of that in Quebec ^^

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
umm.. what about certain pesticides that cannot be removed from water?

i think that is the main issue with many water filtering facilities...

coca cola has large quantity of pesticides in certain products, city water also has high chemical lvls as well due to human medication that makes it into the water systems from waste and stuff thrown into the drains.

Engineer a bacteria that eats it or focus on desalination plants.

Rogue Jedi
they left a indian village dry and a african farming community starving with no crops or income after they drained the water table and then contaminated the soil with waste that they sold and threw into the soil as fertilizer killing microbes, destroying the soil as if the water table drainage wasnt enough.

in columbia they put a hit and paid gorilla fighters to kill and squash union leaders and protestors. Sounds more like Umbrella Co.

Wild Shadow
nope sadly it is coca cola and our government doesnt care....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e53-daB4E-Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4qd5j8Sd78&feature=fvw

watch from 10:00 and on...

ZRFyfTnxj80

Rogue Jedi
I don't believe that.

Wild Shadow
they did the same thing to an african village i just cant find the video...

i really hope your joking.

ArtificialGlory
Oh well, I'll just start drinking juice or lemonade.

Shakyamunison
I'm thirsty.

Wild Shadow
i have stopped drinking various soda's b/c most are owned by coca cola...

i actually liked fanda and rockstar.. sad

it is a pain to get my family to stop buying certain soda brands they dont care...

http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/brands/brandlist.html

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I'm thirsty.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images/kool-aid-man.jpg

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images/kool-aid-man.jpg

I don't drink the Kool-aid. wink

dadudemon
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Oh well, I'll just start drinking juice or lemonade.

Lemondade, sweet sweet lemonade?

Moscow
I think overpopulation of the Earth will seriously affect the fresh water reserves available on this planet. I've never had to walk ten miles just to get buckets of water... but I might have to get used to that in the future

Wild Shadow
it isnt so bad. its just ppl are lazy and Pampered...

it would take me 15/20 minute walk in the desert sun just to reach the chow hall while being sweaty and dry at the same time.. my clothes clinging to my body.. its good character building.

Rogue Jedi
they did the same thing to an african village i just cant find the video...

i really hope your joking. The "putting the hit" out thing, I dont believe that.

Moscow
Yes.... there are quite a lot of obese people in the United States. A 15/20 minute walk/run to any chow hall would be of great benefit to them

Robtard
Quantum of Solace plot coming true. Water will be the next big battle.

Anyone see the movie 'Ice Pirates' (1984)? If you like cheesy 80's Sci-Fi, this is a must. Thread reminded me of it.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Moscow
I think overpopulation of the Earth will seriously affect the fresh water reserves available on this planet. I've never had to walk ten miles just to get buckets of water... but I might have to get used to that in the future

i agree.

i think another world war is in order.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
The "putting the hit" out thing, I dont believe that.

this is how it works. business guys say we are losing money due to unionizing we have to put a stop to this...

you handle it i dont know how or want to hear the details....the guy runs and tells his secretary call the factory tell the regional manager take care of this or ur fired...

regional manager tells factory manager we need to do something or ur fired..

they then get together and sell or give large quantity of products to the gorilla fighter leader to which he in turns takes sells and distributes for his funds and he tells his men to kill factory workers...

the rolling down hill hits many ppl b4 it finally gets to the killers.

also factory workers stated that they had rebel fighters hold them hostage in front of the factory telling them to stop unionizing and killing the lead ppl responsible .

besides they went to court to testify and repeated their accounts now b/c you might not speak spanish does not mean it did not happen b/c u dont understand their language but trust me it did happen.

as well as them seeing the guerrilla fighters in their factory being helped with coca cola products as payments right from the fatcory which is a no no.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Quantum of Solace plot coming true. Water will be the next big battle.

Anyone see the movie 'Ice Pirates' (1984)? If you like cheesy 80's Sci-Fi, this is a must. Thread reminded me of it. Wish list..

Moscow
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i agree.

i think another world war is in order.

US v. China v. Germany

The Americans will side once again with the British, Canada, Australia, S. Korea and Japan dragging Israel and loyal Latin American and Muslim nations with it

China will probably side with Russia and N. Korea along with an unstable Pakistan-- which will cause serious rifts with India and might initiate the second dropping of atomic bombs

Germany is the dominant powerhouse of the European Union and is single-handedly more economically and militarily viable to defeat a lot of European opposition. They will corral the weaker EU nations into one bloc and fight another two-prong war.

Of course... this is mere speculation and probably BS.. so feel free to not pay any attention to it. I'm just deriving some s**ts and giggles here.

It is true, though, that economics and money will play a serious part in this, and right now the US, China and Germany are the three most dominant parties in this arena of money. We have to focus on these three, because all the other weaker people will feed off of them and thus suffer the consequences

Wild Shadow
i blame china for a lot of our problems and would get rid of many middle Eastern nations. if it was up to me i would attack these nations to try and re stabilize the world and shuffle the power structure.. also attack the vatican and world banks assassinating the main ppl and family in power.

Moscow
That would work if not for the world banks owning a lot of the world's military, weapons contractors, and the money needed to support the military machine

Wild Shadow
That would work if not for the world banks owning a lot of the world's military, weapons contractors, and the money needed to support the military machine yeah owning and being the manufacturer doesnt stop ppl from shooting them in the face with their own products in someone elses hands.

Moscow
If you're talking competition between the major players, yes. The poor civilians in each of the major countries just have to go along for the ride

Wild Shadow
no remorse for the civilians.. either ur with us or ur against us... over throw ur government and wise up b4 we show up or things will get messy...

china is out of luck no matter what no excuse for having the majority of the world population in one race they need to be exterminated to a manageable size of a few millions..

drop some bombs on them preferably non nuclear we need to be able to use the land in the future otherwise it is a waste of resources on both sides and reason for war and death pointless

Moscow
wacko Bush gave us the worst catchphrase of all time. All this" ur either with us or against us" along with his signature buffoon laugh.

So.....we make China into another Vietnam?

Wild Shadow
wacko Bush gave us the worst catchphrase of all time. All this" ur either with us or against us" along with his signature buffoon laugh.

So.....we make China into another Vietnam? he gave us a lot of asinine ctach phrases.. i was waiting on everyone to jump on me for using the ur either with us or against us line of thinking...

i personally like this one it mirrors my thoughts of our government.

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
- US President George W. Bush (August 5, 2004)

Moscow
"One of the very difficult parts of the decision I made on the financial crisis was to use hardworking people's money to help prevent there to be a crisis." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

inimalist
the man had a way with words....

Moscow
"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

Wish him the best indeed

Wild Shadow
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

Moscow
I know this thread is about water... but one more.

Hell, it's not like this guy did anything to solve our water problems.

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008

Wild Shadow

Moscow
Holy s**t. No wonder the world attempted to distance itself away from us. It's a good thing the powers that be put up a candidate (Obama) that more appropriately resembled America's shining ideals that could better mask the same foul crap that happened in the previous eight years

Robtard
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

That one isn't a dumb mistake though, like the others listed above. It's true and sad.

Shakyamunison

That smart person is not here yet. You can assume what he meant, and I'm sure it is something base, but you don't know.

Robtard
That smart person is not here yet.

You can assume what he meant, and I'm sure it is something base, but you don't know.

Correct, for the most part.

There's no assuming what the phrase means, it's very clear. Unless there was more to it and it as cut out?

Shakyamunison
Correct, for the most part.

There's no assuming what the phrase means, it's very clear. Unless there was more to it and it as cut out?

I could not find what he was talking about, and I looked. Please tell me what he was talking about, and I hope you are not going to say something like Jacking off. That was the most common answer I got off the internet.

Robtard
I could not find what he was talking about, and I looked. Please tell me what he was talking about, and I hope you are not going to say something like Jacking off. That was the most common answer I got off the internet.

Don't know what, but the wording of the phrase is very precise; it points to him/his cabinet doing something wrong or something unpopular and him viewing those that would find it so, to be morons.

Considering the BS we were sold about the war during his admin, I would guess it has something to do with that.

-WMDs found during Bush's term: Zero

-Osama went from "most wanted" to "he's been marginalized"; "I'm not concerned where he is right now or what he's doing."

Shakyamunison
Don't know what, but the wording of the phrase is very precise; it points to him/his cabinet doing something wrong or something unpopular and him viewing those that would find it so, to be morons.

Considering the BS we were sold about the war during his admin, I would guess it has something to do with that.

But that is just your interpretation. It could be he did something that was difficult and painful, but necessary to protect the nation in the long run. I don't know that, but neither do you.

Wild Shadow
covered up the alien involvement with our government b/c he was/is afraid of how the nation and world would react.

Shakyamunison
-WMDs found during Bush's term: Zero

-Osama went from "most wanted" to "he's been marginalized"; "I'm not concerned where he is right now or what he's doing."

During WWII, the US considered assassinating Hitler, but it was determined that he was doing more damage to the Germans alive and would have just been a morter if killed.

Have you considered the possibility that WMDs was just an Operation Fortitude.

Robtard
But that is just your interpretation. It could be he did something that was difficult and painful, but necessary to protect the nation in the long run. I don't know that, but neither do you.

The use of the word "smart person" is an indicator of foulness, it's to the point and there for a reason.

No, we don't. But like I said concerning the BS we were sold during the Bush's admin, it's likely more shit.

Robtard
During WWII, the US considered assassinating Hitler, but it was determined that he would doing more damage to the Germans alive and would have just been a morter if killed.

Have you considered the possibility that WMDs was just a Operation Fortitude.

The US tried to assassinate Hitler, iirc, there were multiple attempts on his life, some went only so far as paper, some went further. Not all the attempts on Hitler's life were strictly internal, set-up by high commanding Germans.

They were the key selling point of the war, if they knew none where these, then it's a lie, simple as that. War sold on a lie. Hundreds of thousands dead, because of a lie.

Shakyamunison
The use of the word "smart person" is an indicator of foulness, it's to the point and there for a reason.

No, we don't. But like I said concerning the BS we were sold during the Bush's admin, it's likely more shit.

The idea that the President tells the truth is the BS. FDR got on the radio and lied to the people of the US because he knew that the Germans were listening. The BS you heard was the BS that Al-Qaeda heard. Sorry if you can't handle the fact that the government lies to the public to help in war.

Robtard
The idea that the President tells the truth is the BS. FDR got on the radio and lied to the people of the US because he knew that the Germans were listening. The BS you heard was the BS that Al-Qaeda heard. Sorry if you can't handle the fact that the government lies to the public to help in war.

Hahaha, nice twist.

It's not "lie to help in war" here, it was a lie to *brace yourself* START A WAR. If you're going to use the "the ends justify the means", then there's no end and no clear "win" in sight.

Wild Shadow
our government doesnt lie they strategically place words in a sentence to alter the meaning of the statement..

also they withhold information.

Shakyamunison
Hahaha, nice twist.

It's not "lie to help in war" here, it was a lie to *brace yourself* START A WAR. If you're going to use the "the ends justify the means", then there's no end and no clear "win" in sight.

It's all the same. I'm only telling you what I think is going on. In no way, am I telling you what I prefer. I know a little bit about history, and I know a little bit about how the military thinks (limited to my time in the Army).

If you extend the way you are thinking, then WWII was illegitimate, because Germany never attacked the US. It was the Japanese that bombed Pearl Haber, and it was because we cut off their oil supply.

Robtard
It's all the same. I'm only telling you what I think is going on. In no way, am I telling you what I prefer. I know a little bit about history, and I know a little bit about how the military thinks (limited to my time in the Army).

If you extend the way you are thinking, then WWII was illegitimate, because Germany never attacked the US. It was the Japanese that bombed Pearl Haber, and it was because we cut off their oil supply.

Any way you slice it, Iraq was old on WMD and Osama, none were found and he was shelved during the Bush admin.

Except for the fact that Germany declared war on America after Pearl Harbor attacks.

-Japan attacks, declaring war on the US by action. Cutting off their oil was to push them out of China. The slimy bastards.

-US declares war on Japan

-Germany and Italy declare war on the US, as per their prior agreement.

Sounds legitimate to me.

Shakyamunison
Any way you slice it, Iraq was old on WMD and Osama, none were found and he was shelved during the Bush admin.

Except for the fact that Germany declared war on America after Pearl Harbor attacks.

-Japan attacks, declaring war on the US by action.

-Us declares war on Japan

-Germany and Italy declare war on the US

Sounds legitimate to me.

But you are not looking at the big picture. Ask yourself two questions: 1. why were all the caries out to sea at the time of the attack? 2. Why did Japan walk out of the league of nations?

I believe that you are meant to think the way you are so that you do not see what is really going on. I don't know what that is, because I'm just as blind as you are. However, it may have something to do about what Bush said. I'm interested in that.

I apologize to the thread starter for going off topic. We should get back to the water.

Robtard
But you are not looking at the big picture. Ask yourself two questions: 1. why were all the caries out to sea at the time of the attack? 2. Why did Japan walk out of the league of nations?

I believe that you are meant to think the way you are so that you do not see what is really going on. I don't know what that is, because I'm just as blind as you are. However, it may have something to do about what Bush said. I'm interested in that.

I apologize to the thread starter for going off topic. We should get back to the water.

I've heard and read up on the rumors that the US knew Japan would attack. Granted, if that were true, Japan still attacked, it wasn't US pilots flying the Zeros.

Zero WMDs, that is really all that needs to be said.

Yeah, water, I like to drink it.

Moscow
Actually, it was I who started going off-topic with too many Bushisms, but I liked you two's discussion. It appears on paper that WW2 was a legitimate war... but then again we are talking about millions of people dying based upon the actions of their rich-as-hell rulers.

And, yes, water does taste good when it's fresh and not infected purposely with toxic chemicals like the crap Dasani got in trouble for in New York.

Back to topic, the US should take the lead in rebuilding water infrastructure projects in the countries it invades instead of crumbling them down and destroying huge chunks of their history (i.e. Mesopotamian history after the invasion of Iraq in Mar 2003)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.