John McClane versus the Death Star....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
John McClane is in Obi Wan's place. He is on the Death Star, barefoot, armed with a Stormtrooper E-11 blaster rifle, and a DL-44 blaster. He has also has a bag full of thermal detonators. McClane also has a Stormtrooper standard issue comlink so that he may listen in on the Stormtroopers. And of course he may talk to Han and Luke on it.

He has arrived with the Falcon, with Han, Luke, and the droids. He must find and disable the tractor beam generator, then fight his way back to the Falcon, so that he and the others can escape. Luke and Han are busy rescuing the Princess, McClane is on his own. He is free to use any and all tactics he used in Die Hard.

The Imperials are no aware of McClane's presence. Vader is on vacation, and the station is only half staffed.

Does he clear? For arguments sake, McClane is just as good with the blasters as he is with the guns he used in Die Hard.

Robtard
http://www.grudge-match.com/History/mcclane-deathstar.shtml

Darth Martin
In reality? He'd put up a decent fight but then lose.

steverules_2
He wouldn't know how to deactivate the tractor beam so he'd shoot it

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
In reality? He'd put up a decent fight but then lose. Doubtful. He'd improvise as usual and win in the end.

BruceSkywalker
John McClane...The Man... The Myth.... takes care of business once more

Moscow
Without all the baggage of a staffed Death Star and Vader on vacation?

McClane hands down

Rogue Jedi
No. The Death Star is manned, but not jam packed like it was in ANH. It is a LOT more packed than Nakatomi was in DH1 though.

Darth Martin
Exactly. Han and Chewie got captured. So will McClane........eventually.

Robtard

Han and Chewie never showed an ability to "TV Dinner" it and crawl through the HVAC, did they.

I'd imagine the Deathstar has one serious HVAC system for McClane to disappear into.

Darth Martin
McClane is a far superior combatant than any OT character who isn't a Jedi or Sith. But there are tens of thousands of Stormtroopers. It's only a matter of time until they know there is an intruder onboard.

Tarkin is arguably a more dangerous opponent than Gruber. Good thing Vader isn't here. He'd be the absolute end of McClane's foolishness.

Robtard
McClane is a far superior combatant than any OT character who isn't a Jedi or Sith. But there are tens of thousands of Stormtroopers. It's only a matter of time until they know there is an intruder onboard.

Tarkin is arguably a more dangerous opponent than Gruber. Good thing Vader isn't here. He'd be the absolute end of McClane's foolishness.

Tarkin didn't show much of anything, except being Vader's lapdog, when Vader wanted.

Gruber showed genius.

steverules_2

Han and Chewie weren't exactly caught erm

I think that Mac can do it, he managed to get around a building with terrorists who were more clever and had a better plan that any stormtrooper or anyone on that Death star, their plan? Blow up planets with a giant laser...Macs more clever than the guys on the Death star and could move around pretty well in the DS TBH, if he was able to do so in the Nakatomi plaza he'll be able to do so much more moving around in the DS.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
Tarkin didn't show much of anything, except being Vader's lapdog, when Vader wanted. Gruber showed genius.

Tarkin blew up an entire planet without a single sign of loss, affection, or care. Tarkin is a imperial naval commander genius.

Vader's lapdog, huh? Quite the reverse, Tarkin barked orders at Vader, and Vader complied. If he wanted, Vader could've snapped Tarkin in two pieces with a mere thought. This isn't the point. Tarkin showed no fear or intimidation of Vader.

"Vader, release him!"

"As you wish."

Rogue Jedi
If Vader was there, he'd likely sense McClane. But then again, he didn't sense Solo.

BruceSkywalker

han and chewie got captured because of their own stupidity..

Originally posted by steverules_2
Han and Chewie weren't exactly caught erm

I think that Mac can do it, he managed to get around a building with terrorists who were more clever and had a better plan that any stormtrooper or anyone on that Death star, their plan? Blow up planets with a giant laser...Macs more clever than the guys on the Death star and could move around pretty well in the DS TBH, if he was able to do so in the Nakatomi plaza he'll be able to do so much more moving around in the DS.

QFT

Rogue Jedi
Wait.....When were Han and Chewie caught on the Death Star?

Robtard
Tarkin blew up an entire planet without a single sign of loss, affection, or care. Tarkin is a imperial naval commander genius.

Vader's lapdog, huh? Quite the reverse, Tarkin barked orders at Vader, and Vader complied. If he wanted, Vader could've snapped Tarkin in two pieces with a mere thought. This isn't the point. Tarkin showed no fear or intimidation of Vader.

"Vader, release him!"

"As you wish."

Saying "fire" and having someone push a button isn't military genius.

Tarkin knew his place, he'd only push Vader so far, as he knew Palpatine would be pissed, but he wouldn't kill Vader had Vader killed him.

Tattoos N Scars
With McClane's luck...Palpatine shows up for a visit!!!

Rogue Jedi
Nah, Palpy is busy shaving his Sith balls.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm sure, Yoda and Ben will be watching over, McClane. While in spirit form they will inform him how to deactivate the death star. The only thing McClane will have to worry about is Vadar. McClane could take on an entire army of Storm Troopers , although that's not saying much because i'm sure anyone with decent aim could as well.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, no ghost Jedi help here.

NemeBro
Saying "fire" and having someone push a button isn't military genius.

Tarkin knew his place, he'd only push Vader so far, as he knew Palpatine would be pissed, but he wouldn't kill Vader had Vader killed him. Leia outright says Tarkin is holding Vader's leash.

Tarkin was the man in charge, and everyone knew it.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Wait.....When were Han and Chewie caught on the Death Star?

I think he meant when the Falcon was pulled in by the tractor beam

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
Leia outright says Tarkin is holding Vader's leash.

Tarkin was the man in charge, and everyone knew it.

She was saying that to get under Vader's skin, obviously.

Tarkin was in command of the military; Vader could have killed him at any time and no one would have dared stopped him, save the Emperor, maybe. On a leash? No.

Rogue Jedi
IMO Tarkin was a tool of the Emperors. He told Tarkin to keep Vader in line, and Vader, ever obedient to the Emperor, obeyed Tarkin.

Robtard
Vader was more the Emperor's tool, while he needed Tarkin to lead the military, as he was a military man.

Still, Vader choked and killed Tarkin's officers, doesn't sound like he was under Tarkin's control.

Rogue Jedi
I meant that Tarkin was the only one Vader obeyed because Tarkin was the head nigga in charge.

WickedDynamite
Force>Mc Clane luck

Darth Vader chokes him.

Rogue Jedi
Vader isn't in this thread.

WickedDynamite
He's always hangin around the Death Star.

HA!

Rogue Jedi
Even if he was there, he wouldn't find McClane.

WickedDynamite
Oh yes he would! Just follow the explosions.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm....And follow Mac through the many HVAC ducts?

Robtard
Force-follow.

Rogue Jedi
GTFO NOOB.

Sadako of Girth
McZippo right in the reactor shaft FTW

Robtard
I can see that, or driving what the SW equivalent of an SUV is, down it.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Sadako of Girth
I can see that, or driving what the SW equivalent of an SUV is, down it.

Yup. yes

xPb9-OK9r9I

Rogue Jedi
I'm sure there is a speeder utility vehicle around somewhere.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I'm sure, Yoda and Ben will be watching over, McClane. While in spirit form they will inform him how to deactivate the death star. The only thing McClane will have to worry about is Vadar. McClane could take on an entire army of Storm Troopers , although that's not saying much because i'm sure anyone with decent aim could as well.

LOLZ yeah PT aim ftw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.