can these guys destroy a planet under there own power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
can these guys destroy a planet under there own power? energy power only

cyclops visor off
human torch supernova
thor
silver surfer
superman
captain marvel
ice man absolute zero

Mindset
thor
silver surfer
superman
captain marvel

yes

carver9
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

cyclops visor off
human torch supernova
thor
silver surfer
superman
captain marvel
ice man absolute zero

The only person on that list that has proven capable of destroying a planet is Surfer.

I know Beta Ray Bill destroyed two but I dont give Bill Thors feats and I dont give Thor Bills feats.

Given time, all of them can destroy a planet.

Spire
Originally posted by carver9
The only person on that list that has proven capable of destroying a planet is Surfer.

carver wins again.

Colossus-Big C
they cant use phsical strenght though

SamZED
they cant use phsical strenght though That's a big loss for Cyclops..

Mindset
Oh, energy only, didn't see that.

Thor and Surfer.

-Pr-
cyclops visor off - no
human torch supernova - no
thor - yes
silver surfer - yes
superman - yes
captain marvel - not sure
ice man absolute zero - no

JakeTheBank
I don't think Marvel could destroy a planet without being amped by the ROE or something, being upgraded to Lord Marvel status, or without resorting to physical force.

Colossus-Big C
so how exactly does superman do it

-Pr-
so how exactly does superman do it

heat vision.

xJLxKing

I know Beta Ray Bill destroyed two but I dont give Bill Thors feats and I dont give Thor Bills feats.

HAha LMAO Omg.

Any ways

cyclops visor off - no
thor - yes
silver surfer - yes
superman - yes

Bouboumaster
Surfer and Thor do it without problem.

Without punching it, I don't see Superman and Captain Marvel do it.

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
HAha LMAO Omg.

Any ways

cyclops visor off - no
thor - yes
silver surfer - yes
superman - yes

What was so funny about my post?

JakeTheBank
I think Human Torch and Iceman could potentially do it, but it wouldn't be an instant process.

Q99
Any herald level person given time could eventually push a planet out of orbit.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99

I disagree with this. I think given time anyone on that list can destroy a planet.

Personally, I think Surfer is the only one that can destroy one and if Thor has the physical might like Beta Ray Bill then he could destroy one.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think Human Torch and Iceman could potentially do it, but it wouldn't be an instant process.

I agree with this.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Q99
Any herald level person given time could eventually push a planet out of orbit. how would that destroy it

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by -Pr-
heat vision. but heat vision is not concussive force, it would just burn the planets surface

Spire
No it is concussive as well.

From memory:

DD: H/P 2

AOS 572

Superman 186

-Pr-
but heat vision is not concussive force, it would just burn the planets surface

it's both.

Mindset
What are some HV feats that show planet destroying power?

Knowsbleed33
Scott once said he could rip a small planet in two.

Mindset
Wasn't it moon?

Knowsbleed33
He says planet. Take it for whatever it's worth, Scott has never shown that kind of power before.

It was visor off also.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
What are some HV feats that show planet destroying power?

punching through darkseid's shield, powering the world machine, blocking the OB (as ludicrous as that is), putting down despero.

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Scott once said he could rip a small planet in two.

it was hyperbole.

Knowsbleed33
Probably.

Mindset
planet > all those

Wild Shadow
superman warmed up the planet by a few degrees with his HV not that i am saying that is enough to say if he wanted to would destroy or incinerate the planet.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
superman warmed up the planet by a few degrees with his HV not that i am saying that is enough to say if he wanted to would destroy or incinerate the planet.
His HV was said to be incalculably hot. They compared it to the sun and said that while they could measure the temperature of the sun they couldn't measure the temperature of Superman's heat vision. I would think he could use HV to destabilize the Earth's core or to crack open the crust. Or maybe just blast it away altogether.

JakeTheBank
How wide has his heat vision gotten? In terms of targeting purposes?

Black bolt z
cyclops visor off-possibly
human torch supernova-probably not
thor-given enough time
silver surfer-Yes
superman-Given enough time
captain marvel-possibly
ice man absolute zero-He would freeze it...then he couldn't do anything but freeze it.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
How wide has his heat vision gotten? In terms of targeting purposes?
Well the widest I can think of was FC #6 when he plowed through the Female Furies with a beam that seemed to be as wide as a four-lane highway.

Original Smurph
punching through darkseid's shield, powering the world machine, blocking the OB (as ludicrous as that is), putting down despero. I thought there was a scan of him heating and cooling a planet's core with heat vision and freeze breath to do something?

I forget.

Spire
Originally posted by Original Smurph
I thought there was a scan of him heating and cooling a planet's core with heat vision and freeze breath to do something?

I forget.

This?

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/Superman/th_cookingallthehotpocketsatonce.jpg

He gave instant brain freeze to cannibal planet.

I think only SS and thor can do it instantly. The others might be able to pull it off if they have all the time in the world. SM's HV might have instant planet busting power given the scan above, but I'm skeptical.

What would CM do for energy projection?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
I think only SS and thor can do it instantly. The others might be able to pull it off if they have all the time in the world. SM's HV might have instant planet busting power given the scan above, but I'm skeptical.

What would CM do for energy projection? grab the earth and scream Shazam!

Wimjet
Originally posted by Q99

how would that destroy it

Once the planet is out of its orbit, it might eventually collide with something large enough to destroy it.

Blanket
Originally posted by Spire
This?

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/Superman/th_cookingallthehotpocketsatonce.jpg

He gave instant brain freeze to cannibal planet. He was amped by the sun...

Plus, you'd think that a blast the size of a planet hitting the planet would have done more than that, but I digress.

Digi
Still, a crazy HV feat there, for the scope if nothing else. Fun stuff.

Gecko4lif
Yes to all except Cyclops

Human torch couldnt destroy a world in it's entirety but he could wipe the life off the surface

Warlord
Thor,
BrBill,
And Surffer.
The DC guys could do it with physical force

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
His HV was said to be incalculably hot. They compared it to the sun and said that while they could measure the temperature of the sun they couldn't measure the temperature of Superman's heat vision That's not really impressive.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Parmaniac
That's not really impressive.
Considering the core is measured at around 15,000,000 Celsius that is rather impressive.

Parmaniac
Considering the core is measured at around 15,000,000 Celsius that is rather impressive. Considering that real life scientists already build a machine that reaches temps of 2.000.000.000 it's not smile

And: Comic Scientists > RL Scientists

Warlord
eek!

Endless Mike
cyclops visor off - I doubt it. The claim against Juggernaut was just hyperbole.

human torch supernova - Probably not

thor - Easily
silver surfer - Easily
superman - Yes
captain marvel - Yes
ice man absolute zero - I don't think so. The most he could do would be to freeze it.

Originally posted by Endless Mike

captain marvel - Yes
ice man absolute zero - I don't think so. The most he could do would be to freeze it.

He might shatter it afterwards

I still dont get what CM will do for energy projection here

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Considering that real life scientists already build a machine that reaches temps of 2.000.000.000 it's not smile

And: Comic Scientists > RL Scientists
But those scientists can measure those temperatures while comic scientists can't measure the temperature of Superman's heat vision. biscuits

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Wimjet
Once the planet is out of its orbit, it might eventually collide with something large enough to destroy it. that wouldnt be "destroying it under your own power" though

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Warlord
Thor,
BrBill,
And Surffer.
The DC guys could do it with physical force no physical force, only energy manipulation

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
He might shatter it afterwards

I still dont get what CM will do for energy projection here ive seen him destroy a big ship using some type of energy manipulation

Warlord
But those scientists can measure those temperatures while comic scientists can't measure the temperature of Superman's heat vision. biscuits

that's because they were from DC and felt awe before superman. reed richards could easily measure it...wink

Warlord
no physical force, only energy manipulation

then no

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Warlord
that's because they were from DC and felt awe before superman. reed richards could easily measure it...wink
One time Reed Richards tried to measure the Bat-Kick's destructive power. He went insane. It was like watching a Celestial being born times a billion. stick out tongue

Warlord
One time Reed Richards tried to measure the Bat-Kick's destructive power. He went insane. It was like watching a Celestial being born times a billion. stick out tongue

rock

Alas no mind is able to calculate this

rotiart
Anyone remember the issue with the sentinel ones?
They said something like they could handle five seconds of cyclops blast at full power...

He powered up bishop who released a blast that instantly destroyed a sentinel

does that tell us cyclops is five times stronger? Bishop is? Eh?

And I think cyclops has also claimed to be able to pummel adamtium? Though I don't think there was proof.

I don't think cyclops could do not. Not based on actual feats anyways... Levevling a city maybe but not cracking a planet open

Originally posted by rotiart
Anyone remember the issue with the sentinel ones?
They said something like they could handle five seconds of cyclops blast at full power...

He powered up bishop who released a blast that instantly destroyed a sentinel

does that tell us cyclops is five times stronger? Bishop is? Eh?

And I think cyclops has also claimed to be able to pummel adamtium? Though I don't think there was proof.

I don't think cyclops could do not. Not based on actual feats anyways... Levevling a city maybe but not cracking a planet open

that was explained right after, they didnt gauge his powers correctly because he is always holding back. He almost killed bishop through overload once.

-Pr-

you know he can CHOOSE what degree his power works at, right?

Wild Shadow
you know he can CHOOSE what degree his power works at, right? i am aware of his ability to regulate his HV.

the only problem i ever had with supes is his ability to metabolize minute solar energy and somehow make it stronger or more powerful then the sun itself which powers him..

i mean ? seriously? i know suspension of disbelief is necessary for comics but come on...

-Pr-
i am aware of his ability to regulate his HV.

the only problem i ever had with supes is his ability to metabolize minute solar energy and somehow make it stronger or more powerful then the sun itself which powers him..

i mean ? seriously? i know suspension of disbelief is necessary for comics but come on...

that was actually explained a while back. he has an organ in his body that works as a sort of reactor that amplifies the energy.

Naija boy

cyclops visor off
human torch supernova
thor
silver surfer
superman
captain marvel
ice man absolute zero

Cyclops- Not even close
human torch- Nope
Thor- Easily
Silver Surfer- has shown output capable of causing blackholes which is more like solar system destroying power. Planets are easy
Superman- Perhaps. with HV not so sure, with physical might certainly tho
Captain marvel- Dont think so with purely energy output.
iceman- Nope.

Colossus-Big C
isnt human torches supernova equivilant to an exploding star?

Parmaniac
isnt human torches supernova equivilant to an exploding star? He used it more than once on earth, you do the math.

GLADIATOR2099
Thor and surfer are the only ones that can do it with energy output. The others are not even close. even if they all tried together, they would still fail.

carver9
Given time, all of them can destroy a planet. The only planet crushers on the list that I know of is Surfer and since I think Thor=Surfer, Thor PROBABLY could do it as well.

Mindset
Given time, all of them can destroy a planet. The only planet crushers on the list that I know of is Surfer and since I think Thor=Surfer, Thor PROBABLY could do it as well. godblast

carver9
godblast

I can just see the god blast putting a hole in a planet, going straight through it.

I cant picture it destroying the planet though, not wide enough.

Mindset
I can just see the god blast putting a hole in a planet, going straight through it.

I cant picture it destroying the planet though, not wide enough. Ummm, ok.

carver9
Ummm, ok.

LOL. That was easy. You usually make things more difficult for me mindset. sad

Mindset
It wont be when I show bran what you said.

paisapower
Originally posted by Spire
This?

He gave instant brain freeze to cannibal planet.

I think he means the one were superman takes a white dwarf star to the center of the earth and super heats it then cools it down repeatedly. This some how restores earths gravity. Quite impressve considering its already superhot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.