Dante vs. Dark Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Lucifer attempts to make an evil Dante out of his own shadow but somehow brings Dark Link into Hell instead. Now before Dante can journey on in his quest to save Beatrice, he's gonna have to kill Dark Link first.

Fight is on the ferry of Charon.

This is obviously Dante from Dante's Inferno and DL is from OoT. Dante has his scythe and holy cross. The floor on the ferry is covered in water and Dark Link can use it to disappear and reappear whenever.

Can Dante defeat Dark Link?

ScreamPaste
I actually don't mind this thread. You still make way more Zelda threads than the entire LLLC though.

This thread should technicly be locked, Dante is from a poem.

Anyways, can Mr. Stu hit Dark Link?

Phanteros
How is he a Stu?

ScreamPaste
The original poem is essentially self insertion fanfiction, so the real Dante is a Stu.

Nemesis X
Peach allows Dante in here eversince she asked me "have you played the game?" Answer: I have and beaten it but I didn't read the poem.

Phanteros
He seems flawed to me? Fainting and passing out like a wuss cake.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Phanteros
He seems flawed to me? Fainting and passing out like a wuss cake. Eh, it's still self insertion fanfiction. stick out tongue

But yeah, how fast is he?

Phanteros
Not that fast really.

ScreamPaste
Then, for me, one argument in favour of Dark Link is his incredible speed and skill, and ability to teleport with water.

Demonic Phoenix
Holy Cross pwns Dark Link 313

ScreamPaste
Neaaah

Sin_Volvagia
Divine Armor + Martyrdom = Dante FTW

Phantom Miria
Dante from Dante's Inferno is to my knowledge not allowed, because he did not originate in a game. I know several other Dante's Inferno threads that has been locked for that reason and I think that so will this one.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
Dante from Dante's Inferno is to my knowledge not allowed, because he did not originate in a game. I know several other Dante's Inferno threads that has been locked for that reason and I think that so will this one.

That's stupid. This Dante is completely different from the one in the poem. The Dante's Inferno I read had no former crusader who fought legions of Hell with Death's scythe, a crucifix, and a couple of spells he gained along the way.

In that case, lets ban Kratos too since that name originally belonged to the son of Pallas and Styx

Let's not forget Alucard as well; he originated from the 1943 movie, Son of Dracula.

Phantom Miria
Every God in GoW is against the rules and they deviate some from the mythology. Dante deviating makes no difference, to my understanding.

Sin_Volvagia
Every God in GoW is against the rules and they deviate some from the mythology. Dante deviating makes no difference, to my understanding.

Well I must've missed the parts in the poem where Dante made Death beg for his life, got shoved up Cerberus's ass, and when he fought Cleopatra who somehow became giant-sized and shot babies out of her nipples.

Phantom Miria
He does not have to do that in the poem. The character originated in the poem. What is done in the poem and not, and vice versa with the game is irrelevant.

If a character does not originate in a video game, it is against the rules. It is the same Dante, just not doing all the same things.

By your logic, all video game characters originate in their respective video game, even Harry Potter.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia

In that case, lets ban Kratos too since that name originally belonged to the son of Pallas and Styx

Kratos is not based on mythological Kratos, apart from the name.

In DI's case, Miria's right. Game Dante is pretty much based on Poem Dante. He's not a game-original character.

Nemesis X
The reason why the mods closed down previous threads involving DI was because it was mostly Lucifer in the matches and everyone knows that the devil was never originated from a videogame but from Bible history. Dante however, is obviously different from his poem counterpart and even though the game is based on the poem, the story has altered a bit for it to be an action/adventure game to a gamer's liking.

Truth be told, I once argued that Dante shouldn't be in here as well but Peach read my ranting and said that Dante is indeed allowed in the Game Versus so enough with this fuss and start debating on the fight and not whether Dante should be in here or not for god sakes.

Phantom Miria
Diablo is by all definitions the devil and he is allowed in threads. Dante originated in the poem, as such is against the rules here. Ares, Zeus, Atlas and more are different from their mythology counbterparts but are not allowed either.

The story altering makes no difference, since the rule is not about the story. The rule is about the character, so what the character does is irrelevant. Where it originate is relevant, which is in the Dante's Inferno poem.

I am pretty sure though, that the moderators are not opposed us discussing wether or not a character is breaking the rules. According to the set rule about this forum, and looking at disallowed characters, Dante should not be allowed. Just saying that it should be against the rules. If it is not, then the moderators need to be WAY more clear on that rule and elaborate it a lot more. As it is written right now, though, this character is not allowed.

Variations of Dracula and Alucard has had their threads closed, along with others.

Nemesis X
Diablo is by all definitions the devil and he is allowed in threads. Dante originated in the poem, as such is against the rules here. Ares, Zeus, Atlas and more are different from their mythology counbterparts but are not allowed either.

I am pretty sure though, that the moderators are not opposed us discussing wether or not a character is breaking the rules. According to the set rule about this forum, and looking at disallowed characters, Dante should not be allowed. Just saying that it should be against the rules. If it is not, then the moderators need to be WAY more clear on that rule and elaborate it a lot more. As it is written right now, though, this character is not allowed.

Variations of Dracula and Alucard has had their threads closed, along with others.

And yet Peach closed that "Lucifer vs." match so how does this back up on what you're saying?

Look, if you want rant like a silly nut at those who say the moderators allow the character, go argue with them and not us and quit filling this thread with your complaining. My eyes hurt enough as it is reading through what you're saying.

You're missing the point here. Dracula and Alucard were the same as before they came into the games. Before Castlevania existed, Dracuala was thought to be the king of vampires and Alucard is the slayer of vampires, and in Castlevania, guess what? Dracula is the king of vampires and Alucard is hunting vampires. The only similarity between game Dante and poem Dante is their friggin names. Game Dante is a crusader who's fighting Hell's demons with a scythe and poem Dante is some preacher or whatever he is and he doesn't fight. Game Dante wears armor and has a cross in his chest while poem Dante wears a robe and has nothing sewn into his body.

Sin_Volvagia

Unlike Diablo and the gods, Dante is a completely different character. Dante doesn't even fight in the poem.

So Poem Dante, according to you, is all variations of Dante? In that case, let's ban DMC Dante from the Versus forum. And let's ban Vergil and Cerberus too since they have relations to Dante's Inferno.

This is not about story altering. VG Dante is a completely different character from Poem Dante. The only similarities they have are their nationality, their love being Beatrice, and them going to Hell. Poem Dante does nothing but act like a scared *****.

Well too bad, Dante is allowed and you're not a mod. With your logic, Starkiller shouldn't even be allowed since he's involved with things that originated from the movies.

The only Alucard whose threads have been closed is the one from Hellsing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.