White Lantern Sinestro vs Imeriex Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Knowsbleed33
Imperiex.

WL Sinestro did nothing remotely impressive.

Prep-Man
He's practically Ion x7 or whatever. Nothing less than godlike power. He didn't have a chance to do any real feats, except rip Nekron's heart out. But imagining all that power... I hope someone becomes a White Lantern and Guardian of the universe.

Knowsbleed33
Feats > dialogue.

Besides, the guy was completely undone by his own hubris.

Prep-Man
Imperiex wasn't all that, either. At least Sinesto held his own with Nekron, someone who's more powerful than Imperiex, IMO.

Knowsbleed33
no expression

Prep-Man
What? You think Imperiex is more powerful than Nekron? Nekron was around a lot longer than IMp.

Knowsbleed33
No, we still haven't gotten around the part where WL Sinestro was completely unimpressive, and yet, you think he was.

Prep-Man
I think the power he wielded was impressive. Not necessarily Sinestro himself. Like I said, he did have the power to rip out Nekron's heart and come back from Death killing him. He has all the power at his command, so he SHOULD be able to take Imperiex. Like I said, I hope they delve more into the White Light, so we can see more.

We know one thing, though, Imperiex won't be able to kill Sinestro.

Knowsbleed33
That's what Brightest Day will be about I assume.

Prep-Man
About White Lanterns?

Knowsbleed33
Yep.

Prep-Man
Should be interesting. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

Q99
Originally posted by Prep-Man
He's practically Ion x7 or whatever. Nothing less than godlike power. He didn't have a chance to do any real feats, except rip Nekron's heart out. But imagining all that power... I hope someone becomes a White Lantern and Guardian of the universe.

Latter Ion x7, not classic- he didn't have the power batteries, just the combined might of the spectrum beasts.

OneDumbG0
Should be interesting. Hopefully they don't screw it up. Too late. facepalm

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
No, we still haven't gotten around the part where WL Sinestro was completely unimpressive, and yet, you think he was.
I guess being cut in half and surviving is nothing, huh? stick out tongue

But in all seriousness, Sinestro wins. If you believe the statements made by the Guardian, Sinestro, and all the other feat, then he wins.

Nekron had the ability to split Sinestro and the White Entity apart, and Sinestro was also very ignorant. His best feat was that he didn't have any wounds, or trauma after being cut in half.

Gecko4lif
I thought they already had brightest day

TheTyrant
Imp.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I guess being cut in half and surviving is nothing, huh? stick out tongue

But in all seriousness, Sinestro wins. If you believe the statements made by the Guardian, Sinestro, and all the other feat, then he wins.

Nekron had the ability to split Sinestro and the White Entity apart, and Sinestro was also very ignorant. His best feat was that he didn't have any wounds, or trauma after being cut in half.

Yeah, it's not like lesser beings have survived stuff like that? Come out of a fight injured, but alive.

Imperiex wins.

Slaanesh
Sinestro win

quanchi112
Imperiex Prime wins.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Yep.

Supposedly there will be a White Lantern. But it will be covered in GL. Hope to see more from it.

Galan007
Imperiex wasn't all that, either. At least Sinesto held his own with Nekron, someone who's more powerful than Imperiex, IMO. I wouldn't say that Sinestro "held his own" against Nekron.

As for Nekron being more powerful than Imperiex, I'd have to disagree. I've seen far lesser forces then Imperiex smack him around.

xJLxKing
Like?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
I wouldn't say that Sinestro "held his own" against Nekron.

As for Nekron being more powerful than Imperiex, I'd have to disagree. I've seen far lesser forces then Imperiex smack him around.
I'm pretty sure Nekron has been retconned for Blackest Night into something different from what he originally was. So I'm not sure how accurate using old showings of his from 20+ years ago would be.

Original Smurph
Didn't Captain Atom beat down Nekron?

xJLxKing
Yeah, he got an upgrade, but I am sure Galen was talking about BN showings

batdude123
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Didn't Captain Atom beat down Nekron? A feat Galan associates with Nekron as if he's done nothing else in his history.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Didn't Captain Atom beat down Nekron?
That was 20 years ago. It also occurred in his own realm and since then, Nekron had a huge upgrade.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by batdude123
A feat Galan associates with Nekron as if he's done nothing else in his history. It was a legitimate question. I wasn't sure. srug

batdude123
Right. uhuh

Galan007
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm pretty sure Nekron has been retconned for Blackest Night into something different from what he originally was. So I'm not sure how accurate using old showings of his from 20+ years ago would be. Honestly, what has really changed? He was death personified then, he's death personified now. Johns just brought him into the spotlight again.

...Dunno what this 'upgrade' is/was that people keep talking about?

A feat Galan associates with Nekron as if he's done nothing else in his history. You're right, Fate also got the better of Nekron -- and in his own realm, no less. wink

That was 20 years ago. It also occurred in his own realm and since then, Nekron had a huge upgrade. Umm before Blackest Night, Nekron had like 4-5 showings to his name. So using one of those '20 years old' showings as an example is perfectly acceptable.

xJLxKing
Honestly, what has really changed? He was death personified then, he's death personified now. Johns just brought him into the spotlight again.

...Dunno what this 'upgrade' is/was that people keep talking about?

You're right, Fate also got the better of Nekron -- and in his own realm, no less. wink

Umm before Blackest Night, Nekron had like 4-5 showings to his name. So using one of those '20 years old' showings as an example is perfectly acceptable.
The upgrade is the black light. Barry commented on it

Galan007
The upgrade is the black light. Barry commented on it Scans or issue number, please.

xJLxKing
Scans or issue number, please.
Blackest Night # 5 Page 7
Here is the scan
http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/9627/blackestnight5008.th.jpg

batdude123
You're right, Fate also got the better of Nekron -- and in his own realm, no less. wink

Just as long as you're not sticking to the Captain Atom showing. uhuh

Also, xJLxKing ftw. vin

Ambient
Not definitive..

Wally barely knows this guy, that was mostly an observation back by lack of info.. Def. not to be taken in exact..

xJLxKing
I don't get what's so hard to understand. He didn't have the Black Lantern 20 years ago; now he has it

Galan007
Blackest Night # 5 Page 7
Here is the scan
http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/9627/blackestnight5008.th.jpg Cool, so a single line from Flash was enough for you to say that Nekron had a "huge upgrade" during Blackest Night? Nice.

Furthermore if you look solely at feats, what did 'current' Nekron really do?:
Resurrect the dead?
Own some Guardians?
Amp a few characters?
Get owned by a competent wielder of the white light?

Cool stuff, but his 'classic' self had already done all of that as well (sans the last.) Point being: I just don't think Nekron did enough on the high-end to warrant an 'upgraded' status.

Just as long as you're not sticking to the Captain Atom showing. uhuh haw-som

xJLxKing
Cool, so a single line from Flash was enough for you to say that Nekron had a "huge upgrade" during Blackest Night? Nice.

Furthermore if you look solely at feats, what did 'current' Nekron really do?:
Resurrect the dead?
Own some Guardians?
Amp a few characters?
Get owned by a competent wielder of the white light?

Cool stuff, but his 'classic' self had already done all of that as well (sans the last.) Point being: I just don't think Nekron did enough on the high-end to warrant an 'upgraded' status.

haw-som
Except, this "current Nekron" has gotten new feats.
- He can affect the living
- He has tanked every attacked besides the white light
- He has one weakness shown, or at least hinted. His weakness is the white light which is why he lost to his first body to Sinestro
- To be fair, he beat Sinestro

Galan007
- He has one weakness shown, or at least hinted. His weakness is the white light which is why he lost to his first body to Sinestro
- To be fair, he beat Sinestro -'Classic' Nekron could affect the living as well.
-I'm sure white light would've had the same effect on 'classic' Nekron.
-Sinestro was fighting with his ego, thus he was a very poor user of the white power (no racial.) That's why I made it a point to say: "competent wielder of the white light."

batdude123
http://aceboogielrgjunkie.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/whitepower.jpg

Galan007
laughing out loud I laugh my ass off every time I watch that sketch.

xJLxKing
-'Classic' Nekron could affect the living as well.
-I'm sure white light would've had the same effect on 'classic' Nekron.
-Sinestro was fighting with his ego, thus he was a very poor user of the white power (no racial.) That's why I made it a point to say: "competent wielder of the white light."
-The Classic Nekron was beaten without the white light
-The White light played a key role against Current Nekron. They wouldn't have needed the white light if they can stop him without it.
- We don't know if Classic Nekron can be hurt by the light. He probably could because of it power, but not because White>Black (No Racial)
- Sinestro was playing stupid, but he was strong enough to do something that not even AM, Spectre, Guardians, or the other thousand of Lantern could hope to do

Galan007
^ Meh if you're going to try and justify your "Nekron had a huge upgrade" statement just because it took the white light to beat him, then go right ahead. I, however, wholeheartedly disagree with that logic.

quanchi112
- To be fair, he beat Sinestro The point is he didn't really do anything to warrant this status. You bought into the hype of a story villain being pushed which happens in every major crossover but at the end of the day he was defeated and didn't really do anything to put him in the class you seem obsessed with doing.

xJLxKing
^ Meh if you're going to try and justify your "Nekron had a huge upgrade" statement just because it took the white light to beat him, then go right ahead. I, however, wholeheartedly disagree with that logic.
I am just saying. They threw everything they had on him and he walks out of it like nothing happened. If it was the old Classic Nekron, I doubt he could have done that

quanchi112
I am just saying. They threw everything they had on him and he walks out of it like nothing happened. If it was the old Classic Nekron, I doubt he could have done that Nekron was destroyed once in the story. He briefly showed up and the real reason he was unaffected by characters such as the Spectre was his own special circumstances. He did nothing to prove he's a really powerful character such as Imperiex or galactus level.

Prep-Man
- To be fair, he beat Sinestro

I sort of agree with this. Nekron has been expanded upon, even if it's not on the level as some characters.

Prep-Man

So, Nekron got beat by a top tier at best, yet he took on a host of Lanterns and Guardians and resurrected himself from getting his heart ripped out. If you compare, it does look like he got an upgrade.

kevdude
I think its just the same Nekron, which yes hes extremely powerful and the only real way to deal with him was bringing Black Hand back. I'm thinking the upgrade part was him using the Anti-Monitors power for his own purpose. He then took an attack by the Anti-Monitor and then banished him back to the anti-matter universe.

OneDumbG0
^ I'd have to agree. Nekron, bereft of the Anti-Monitor powering his Black Battery (as he was resurrected and the Black Battery was destroyed by then), demonstrated enough personal power to pretty much one-shot BFR him.

But it's just as reasonable to take all that he did, and extrapolate an upgrade from it too, whether you care to rely on Flash's statement or not.

Galan007
I am just saying. They threw everything they had on him and he walks out of it like nothing happened. If it was the old Classic Nekron, I doubt he could have done that And if that is your opinion, then you are entitled to it. But in my opinion, stating that Nekron had a "huge upgrade" during Blackest Night, when he really preformed no feats that his 'classic' self hadn't already done, steers me in the completely opposite direction.

Any potential 'upgrades' probably had more to do with him being able to resurrect beings as black lanterns, as opposed to just resurrecting them as plain ol' zombies.

Philosophía
Imperiex stomps.

SevenShackles
Imp destroys he has more exp in using his cosmic power so even if he's out gunned he got da skill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.