UN Vs.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
Oblivion
Nekron

They get blasted by the UN one at a time by Galactus.

Do they survive?

Prep-Man
You can't destroy nothingness. Wasn't it revealed that when the universe was to be destroyed, Oblivion would be the last cosmic standing?

galactusischere
What about Nekron?

Prep-Man
I could see it going either way. It's an assumption from here.

Knowsbleed33
In one of the Earth X books (Universe X I think?) it was revealed that the Un could nullify Death.

That was non-canon, however.

Colossus-Big C
stalemate. though idk if nekron can survive, but oblivion either wont be affected or at best he would just reapear in his realm.
i doubt they can do anything to the un its far above them

TheTyrant
Nekron gets sent into oblivion and gets his concept restarted.
Oblivion's concept restarts itself.

neither survive

Prep-Man
Nekron IS oblivion.

TheTyrant
Oblivion is oblivion. Nekron is "death"...not even that.

Prep-Man
Nope, read BN 8. Nekron is nothingness. He's DC's version of oblivion. He can't be killed or destroyed.

TheTyrant
So he gets restarted just like big O. He wouldn't survive the UN.

Prep-Man
Your opinion. But I think he would.

TheTyrant
The UN restarted the concept of time, death, nothingness, destruction, equity, chaos, order, love, hate, space, soul, mind in a single blast.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Nope, read BN 8. Nekron is nothingness. He's DC's version of oblivion. He can't be killed or destroyed.

He also says he's death.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33

In one of the Earth X books (Universe X I think?)
it was revealed that the Un could nullify Death.

That was non-canon, however.
The UN did in fact nullify Death in that arc. Thanos himself did it.

While the story didn't take place in 616,
it is canon to the Marvel Universe though.
That aside, 616 characters such as Merlyn & Roma were there, (they have no alternates)
and the "sword of might" (Excalibur) was in the story, and there's only one aswell.

Reality 9777 is the designation of the Earth X Trilogy.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
He also says he's death.

I know. I've stated he's both Death and oblivion for DC. When Deadman did some investigation in the ring, he revealed that he was sentinent space. basically nothingness.

rotiart
Nekron has been defeated before... And he didn't just bring himself back. Someone else had to help him back into the dc world ..

In marvel abstracts can assume a universal position by being born with the universe (eternity) usurping it from another abstract (thanos or maelstrom) or by simple coming into a universe and that positionbeing unfilled... Take it.... (anomoly)

som positions can have existed prior to the being that took the mantle of that realm of power

and while oblivion is the brother/father to death and seems to reign over unspace... He also can claim the dead as shown by deathurge and also his dealings with the elders:..

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheTyrant
The UN restarted the concept of time, death, nothingness, destruction, equity, chaos, order, love, hate, space, soul, mind in a single blast. oh ok i get it. it cant destroy concepts it just restarts them. though the UN has been used to destroy eternity IIRC and she wouldnt have been restarted if the people who did didnt decide too

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by rotiart
Nekron has been defeated before... And he didn't just bring himself back. Someone else had to help him back into the dc world ..

In marvel abstracts can assume a universal position by being born with the universe (eternity) usurping it from another abstract (thanos or maelstrom) or by simple coming into a universe and that positionbeing unfilled... Take it.... (anomoly)

som positions can have existed prior to the being that took the mantle of that realm of power

and while oblivion is the brother/father to death and seems to reign over unspace... He also can claim the dead as shown by deathurge and also his dealings with the elders:.. what do you mean?

rotiart
Just because death had a deal with the elders of the universe that she wouldn't claim them in death, oblivion did not have that same contract and could claim them

Originally posted by Prep-Man
I know. I've stated he's both Death and oblivion for DC. When Deadman did some investigation in the ring, he revealed that he was sentinent space. basically nothingness.

nekrom has no clear counterpart in marvel. Space itself is something, in marvel it is represented by Infinity. Oblivion is true nothingess, he is not even an empty vacuum, but the absence of everything including empty space.

In the MU, death has been defeated other times too, at least within the confines of one reality, the cancerverse is just exactly that, an immortal deathless universe. We dont know how it was done yet though.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
nekrom has no clear counterpart in marvel. Space itself is something, in marvel it is represented by Infinity. Oblivion is true nothingess, he is not even an empty vacuum, but the absence of everything including empty space.

In the MU, death has been defeated other times too, at least within the confines of one reality, the cancerverse is just exactly that, an immortal deathless universe. We dont know how it was done yet though.

He's not the EXACT same thing, but he's basically oblivion, IMO. That's how his origin is in some of the comics. So, I see him representing both or inbetween. He's the absence of life. Cannot be destroyed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.