Why do gay people have high voices?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
I'm gay, this is a serious question. Obviously not everyone whose a homosexual has a high voice, but a lot of us do. I can't find an answer anywhere.

jinXed by JaNx
personality?

Rogue Jedi
Stereotype? I knew a gay guy once with a voice like Riddick.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
I'm gay, this is a serious question. Obviously not everyone whose a homosexual has a high voice, but a lot of us do. I can't find an answer anywhere.

Hormonal differences, basically the same reason a given straight person might have a high voice.

Mindset
laughing out loud @ this thread.

I'll go with social conditioning.

Nemesis X

Practice makes perfect laughing out loud

King Kandy
I wondered this as well. I thought it was a stereotype at first but I started to meet tons of gay men with high voices and lisps as well...

Ordo
No, a lot of gay guys condition themselves to have it. Its a self reinforcing thing. Just like if you move to Boston and pick up a bit of a boston accent, moving in with a bunch of gays that squal like Princess Peach has its effects too. Mimicry.

Its one of the resons I am much more comfortable around straight people, want to punch queens in the face, and think Riddick sounds sexy.

King Kandy
But how did that inflection ever become a gay trend to begin with?

Ordo
It was an easy way to tell people were gay when everyone had long hair, half-open flannel shirts, and smelled like weed?

Thats just my hypothesis.

One Free Man
it makes it easier to tell who to shun evil face

Tired-Hiker
I'll tell you why. It's because these gays do so much kack suckin', and the more sperm you get sucked from your balls, the higher your voice gets. It's true.

Bicnarok
I know a couple of gay people they have normal voices, drink beer and act like the average bloke funny enough. Best not hang them all for being satan worshipers after all..

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
I'll tell you why. It's because these gays do so much kack suckin', and the more sperm you get sucked from your balls, the higher your voice gets. It's true.

yeah, i thought i read that somewhere, once.

Robtard
I'm gay

http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/nelson-muntz.gif

Wild Shadow
its done for attention purposes.. no reason for it unless its hormonal. i some how dont see the majority of gay men having a high pitched voice, lisp and mannerism unless it is a conscious effort.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker

Why don't the chronic masturbators suffer from hi-voice too then?

The Nuul
Originally posted by King Kandy
I wondered this as well. I thought it was a stereotype at first but I started to meet tons of gay men with high voices and lisps as well...

Why do gay guys get that stuff?

Mindship
Shoot me now.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Mindship
Shoot me now.

Bang!

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
Bang!

He meant in the face, with your hot load.

Mindset
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_00PzlRCr9I8/SKJYz47pstI/AAAAAAAAAIU/fFAi0a-HK80/s400/Seamen.jpg

Adam_PoE

Are you hot?

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Robtard
Why don't the chronic masturbators suffer from hi-voice too then?

Because the sperm still exist?

allofyousuckkk
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Are you hot?

hahahaha.

i try and keep my voice reasonably low, but sometimes i just get high and lispy. it sucks lol

Tired-Hiker
Why don't the chronic masturbators suffer from hi-voice too then? Has something to do with the Siberian Tri-secta rule... something to do with ejaculation from suction via sucking, versus the back and forth motion via masturbation.

bogen
Originally posted by Mindset

^^

Adam_PoE
hahahaha.

i try and keep my voice reasonably low, but sometimes i just get high and lispy. it sucks lol

That does not answer my question.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Mindship
Originally posted by The Nuul
Bang!
He meant in the face, with your hot load. Hep me, Lord. Deliver me from eevil.

Colossus-Big C
I'm gay, this is a serious question. Obviously not everyone whose a homosexual has a high voice, but a lot of us do. I can't find an answer anywhere. dont be gay no more

WickedDynamite
Yodelers are gay? blink

That explains those nifty short pants....mmm

Deja~vu
High voices??? LOL HAHAHAHAHA.....

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Mindset

Stoic
I always thought that men that had the high voice, which I am interpreting as the feminine swagger, were trying to emulate women, but were getting it all wrong. Most women don't act this way. This of course is only an opinion.

meep-meep

I think the answer is the difference between a bear and a twink. I guess that is a stereotype though.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
dont be gay no more

Ironic.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by meep-meep
I think the answer is the difference between a bear and a twink. I guess that is a stereotype though.

You think?

3Lp3s4ygDw0

meep-meep
You think?

3Lp3s4ygDw0

Lol.

Bardock42
You think?

3Lp3s4ygDw0

Gay people are sooo funny.

Wild Shadow
we missed the signs they were staring us right in the face...

rY0WxgSXdEE

Nemesis X
Why do gay men have high voices? Well...why do you think they wear pink shirts, small tank tops, put on make-up, and listen to the song, Barbie Girl?

Wild Shadow
b/c they have flare?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
b/c they have flare?

I think it's clear that they want to be women. The guy who made this thread has a high pitched voice because he feels like he wants to be a woman as well.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I think it's clear that they want to be women. The guy who made this thread has a high pitched voice because he feels like he wants to be a woman as well.

You're conflating homosexuality and being transgendered.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You're conflating homosexuality and being transgendered.

Still the same thing. Most gay guys do act as transvestites.

Darth Jello
Still the same thing. Most gay guys do act as transvestites. Which is exactly why the vast majority of transvestites are straight.

I think it's learned social behavior confined to one subculture of the gay movement that gets too much media attention. The guy who started this thread is obviously not part of the bear movement.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Which is exactly why the vast majority of transvestites are straight.

I think it's learned social behavior confined to one subculture of the gay movement that gets too much media attention. The guy who started this thread is obviously not part of the bear movement.

A straight transvestite? These days, it's rare to see one.

Anyways, there's a gay student at my school and he talks almost feminine. You guys are arguing with me that people who act and look feminine aren't gay and yet this student says he's gay and he sounds nearly like a chick and his hair reminds me of the hairstyle I see on some of the female students. Explain that to me.

Symmetric Chaos

And now you've conflated being transgendered with being a transvestite.

Original Smurph
Why do gay men have high voices? Well...why do you think they wear pink shirts, small tank tops, put on make-up, and listen to the song, Barbie Girl? Uh... what?

Symmetric Chaos

Anyways, there's a gay student at my school and he talks almost feminine. You guys are arguing with me that people who act and look feminine aren't gay and yet this student says he's gay and he sounds nearly like a chick and his hair reminds me of the hairstyle I see on some of the female students. Explain that to me.

He's probably gay and effeminate. Or gay and transgendered. Or gay and a transvestite.

He also does not represent gays, transvestites or the transgendered as a whole. They're separate groups because there are clear delineations between them, though obviously people can be of multiple groups.

Gay people want to have sex with people of the same sex.
Transvestites enjoy wearing clothing of the other sex. This can be related to Pinafore fetishism or preparing to change sex or various other things.
Transgendered people feel that they were born in the wrong body. They may choose to wear clothing of the opposite sex as a way to correct that but not always.

Originally posted by Original Smurph
Uh... what?

I challenge you to find even a single gay man who does not fit that exact description.

Bardock42

I challenge you to find even a single gay man who does not fit that exact description.

I like how you view no true scotsman as a tool to be used and cherished, rather than a fallacy to be avoided. It is inspiring.

Adam_PoE

I do not do any of those things.

Wild Shadow
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3048927/Right_Said_Fred_I_m_Too_Sexy

do you dance and listen this song?

Adam_PoE

do you dance and listen this song?

For three weeks in 1992 with the rest of America.

dadudemon
For three weeks in 1992 with the rest of America.

*Raises hand*

Not all of us danced to/liked that song.

Rogue Jedi

do you dance and listen this song? I do.

Robtard

You need to expand out of the little box you're living in. It's a big world out there, bro.

Shakyamunison
So, did we figure it out? I really don't want to read the thread.

Wild Shadow
0-Xl_Zx9m5Y

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So, did we figure it out? I really don't want to read the thread.

It's either because gays suck so much cock, that their balls are always drained and this causes it, or it's because they want to be "like girls." As per the thread.

Rogue Jedi
Could be that it is due to the constant sausage ramming up their ass.

inimalist
no possible way it is a subtle social effect based on identity groups in a society that prides itself on binary dichotomies, then?

The Nuul
This thread would be full of win if its a dyke thread.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by inimalist
no possible way it is a subtle social effect based on identity groups in a society that prides itself on binary dichotomies, then? Do you speak Bachi?

inimalist
as in the sticks used in traditional japanese druming? no...

Shakyamunison
Could it be hormones within sperm?

Wild Shadow
some of it can be explained as it being hormonal imbalance during the gestation period. he just didn't get the right balance of testosterone that would and could effect his physical being as it it develops.

inimalist
Could it be hormones within sperm?

some of it can be explained as it being hormonal imbalance during the gestation period. he just didn't get the right balance of testosterone that would and could effect his physical being as it it develops.

would you describe regional dialects/accents in the same manner?

Shakyamunison
would you describe regional dialects/accents in the same manner?

No.

I was talking about the gays who swallow.

Wild Shadow
would you describe regional dialects/accents in the same manner? no. but, i can explain male puberty changing ones voice and women also having a higher pitch then men.

accents are a learned trait not a hormonal change... same with some gay men and their mannerisms.

inimalist
no. but, i can explain male puberty changing ones voice and women also having a higher pitch then men.

accents are a learned trait not a hormonal change... same with some gay men and their mannerisms.

so to you it is more likely that there are hormonal reasons underlying something like "gay voice", but the reason a social group from a local part of England has similar speach patterns comes from social interactions?

even if you are right, which I don't think, how would you ever propose a way to test that distinction?

No.

I was talking about the gays who swallow.

LOL, oh.....

Wild Shadow
http://www.webmd.com/menopause/news/20040316/voice-change-is-overlooked-menopause-symptom

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10498059

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1749777/

same exact way it has bn done in the past using science observation and test Guinness pigs who volunteer for cash or have a medical condition.

this is the more then likely simple answer.

inimalist
lol

ok

Bardock42
Guinness pigs? lol

inimalist
http://www.webmd.com/menopause/news/20040316/voice-change-is-overlooked-menopause-symptom

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10498059

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1749777/

same exact way it has bn done in the past using science observation and test Guinness pigs who volunteer for cash or have a medical condition.

this is the more then likely simple answer.

hey, sorry, that was a bad reply before

I've been working on a paper all day, so I didn't have the time. Good points, good studies, I'll have a look at them when I have a minute.

Wild Shadow
i figured it out it is the soy that making ppl gay!!! stop eating and drinking soy based foods!!!

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53327

dadudemon
i figured it out it is the soy that making ppl gay!!! stop eating and drinking soy based foods!!!

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53327

I could have sworn that the idea that soy protein has estrogenizing effects, was debunked.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
I could have sworn that the idea that soy protein has estrogenizing effects, was debunked.

Consider that the link is four years old and when it was written cited (or rather made vague reference to) research that was six years old at the time.

Other sources suggest that research has actually shown that the only major risks are infertility. You could seriously screw up your system by eating nothing but soy1, but then again you can also die from drinking too much water. Pregnant women might not want to eat a ton of soy, though.

Here's a link the references work in 2001 and 2002 that says soy doesn't doesn't cause feminization.
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA312211/Can-Soy-Feminize-a-Baby-Boy.html

Wild Shadow
seriously guys? i was joking.

Symmetric Chaos

AH! We have fallen afoul of Poe's Law.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Do you speak Bachi?

haermmcrylaugh

Bardock42

Even about the guinness pigs? cry

dadudemon
Consider that the link is four years old and when it was written cited (or rather made vague reference to) research that was six years old at the time.

Other sources suggest that research has actually shown that the only major risks are infertility. You could seriously screw up your system by eating nothing but soy1, but then again you can also die from drinking too much water. Pregnant women might not want to eat a ton of soy, though.

Here's a link the references work in 2001 and 2002 that says soy doesn't doesn't cause feminization.
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA312211/Can-Soy-Feminize-a-Baby-Boy.html

I could have sworn there was even more recent data than that. In fact, I wrote a report on it a year ago for something stupid. I find an awesome article somewhere that was heavily cited on something like bodybuilding.com.

Oh well.

DarthLazious
I'm Bi sexual but more Gay then Bi. I dont have a high voice at all.

allofyousuckkk
I'm loving the replies. I don't have a chick voice, it's just a little bit higher than other guys lol. Not noticeably gay.

But I'm thinking I have to disagree with the people who said that it's a conditioned social response to the expectations of people who are gay, such as wearing tight shirts, etc. Every gay person I know has just always had a gay voice, the mannerisms of course are picked up though.

I'm leaning towards the idea that it might be a hormonal thing.

Robtard
I'm loving the replies. I don't have a chick voice, it's just a little bit higher than other guys lol. Not noticeably gay.

But I'm thinking I have to disagree with the people who said that it's a conditioned social response to the expectations of people who are gay, such as wearing tight shirts, etc. Every gay person I know has just always had a gay voice, the mannerisms of course are picked up though.

I'm leaning towards the idea that it might be a hormonal thing.

Blah, blah, blah, AdamPOE is still waiting on your "hotness" status, so get to it.

The man's an insatiable sodomite, best not to keep him waiting.

Shakyamunison
Blah, blah, blah, AdamPOE is still waiting on your "hotness" status, so get to it.

The man's an insatiable sodomite, best not to keep him waiting.

Shouldn't AdamPOE ask allofyousuckkk out first? Or is romance among gays out of the question? I'm completely ignorant on the subject.

Robtard
Shouldn't AdamPOE ask allofyousuckkk out first? Or is romance among gays out of the question? I'm completely ignorant on the subject.

I think it's perfectly fine/normal to ask someone online how "hot" they are, considering the use of the internet as a communications tool.

I'd imagine if Suckkboy meets POE's standards, romance might ensue. That and anal.

Shakyamunison
I think it's perfectly fine/normal to ask someone online how "hot" they are, considering the use of the internet as a communications tool.

I'd imagine if Suckkboy meets POE's standards, romance might ensue. That and anal.

You should start a gay hook up site. stick out tongue

Robtard
You should start a gay hook up site. stick out tongue

If I had the means, I'd make a relationship-matching business just for gays and lesbians, cash it on the market.

Adam_PoE

Who said I was interested? I just want to know if he is hot, because it will determine whether or not guys will care if he sounds like a girl.

Robtard
Well played; here we all assumed you were chasing his ass, like the stereotype of gays we've built up for ourselves.

allofyousuckkk
haha i didnt want to answer because I didn't want to seem conceited, but yes.. I'm pretty hot. Not incredibly, but just enough aha.

Either way, high voices are so unattractive. Hotness doesn't determine anything if the guy sounds like a chick.

Adam_PoE
haha i didnt want to answer because I didn't want to seem conceited, but yes.. I'm pretty hot. Not incredibly, but just enough aha.

Either way, high voices are so unattractive. Hotness doesn't determine anything if the guy sounds like a chick.

Pics or it's not true.

dadudemon
Pics or it's not true.

hmm

I agree.

allofyousuckkk
lmfao i think my myspace is in my profile.. otherwise, ehh. too much effort.

Robtard

You're coming off as a high-pitched whiny ***, making excuse after excuse. Post a pic.

Shakyamunison
Who said I was interested? I just want to know if he is hot, because it will determine whether or not guys will care if he sounds like a girl.

Robtard was the one trying to get you too together. I could not care less.

Adam_PoE

Your FaceBook URL is in your profile, and all of your pictures are private, so . . .

Robtard
Robtard was the one trying to get you too together. I could not care less.

No, sir, wasn't my intention; he doesn't need my help.

POE's intelligent, good-looking and is in great shape, I've no doubt he spends more time slapping away offers of cock than he does taking them in.

DramaLlama
Gay people have high voices because of the estrogen and tight trousers.

allofyousuckkk
OK ok i unlocked them. well.. thats all i guess lol

lord xyz

I'm leaning towards the idea that it might be a hormonal thing. Dick sucking, maybe?

KidRock
Originally posted by lord xyz
Dick sucking, maybe?

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/17/128714216730664545.jpg

allofyousuckkk
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/pokeDApoopy/thhahahaNO.jpg

Adam_PoE
OK ok i unlocked them. well.. thats all i guess lol

http://gaystarclothing.com/images/bottom-gay-t-shirts/cut/power-bottom-gay-t-shirt.jpg

Robtard
LoL, I figured he'd be a twink.

allofyousuckkk
LoL, I figured he'd be a twink.

no.

Adam_PoE
no.

3taEuL4EHAg

TKM

I like to believe that people are born gay or maybe even possibly born in the wrong body, so you natural have a higher pitch voice, but that's just my theory.

Ordo
Every gay person I know has just always had a gay voice, the mannerisms of course are picked up though.

Uhhh...maybe you're just friends with too many queens?

If not, perhaps high voice is picked up like all the other mannerisms.

lord xyz
It's not just gays though.

Skinheads and Scousers have high voices.

jrjakn118
It's because they have the knowledge to modulate a voice,that is why gays have high voices when singing. They know how to mimic the singers.

kgkg
You think?

3Lp3s4ygDw0 Lick-A-Somebodyy wtf man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.